E.D.G.E. Online Interest Check

C

Cloudburst

Original poster
The year is 2046 and the world finds itself in an interesting state. Technological progress is booming and society molding to match the advances- particularly so in the entertainment industry. What was once seen as "virtual reality" is now seen as something to have a chuckle about, and more authentic means of escapism exist in the form of movies where people are the protagonist, books where they are in the world of the story, and television broadcasts that allow any member of the audience to take part as they pleased. Of course there were laws put in place to protect the populace and users of such technology; regulations and such that would prevent monopoly, breaches of personal information, and assured the well being of users in this digital age.

Companies such as Endodynamic Gaming Entertainment (E.D.G.E. Interactive for short) capitalize upon this and create hit games and VR novels that directly respond to the player such as The Orchid and the Bell, Moonlight Beast, and Raid Dancers. They do this through a device and process that share the same acronym, the Articulated Neural Input, or A.N.I. for short. There is, of course, a copyright and patent on this device, but the gist of it is that it monitors and records the neural interactions of the user to create a more lifelike narrative based off of their responses. The latest project of E.D.G.E. Interactive is something they call E.D.G.E Online, an experimental VRMMORPG that is supposed to test both the limits of the A.N.I. and an even more experimental artificial intelligence.

They say that people that that find unique codes in either advertisements or newer patches of their older games will be shipped an A.N.I that comes pre-loaded with both E.D.G.E Online and a myriad of other games. That however, has been yet to be proved.

Happy New Year! This is Corey Alrison, Channel Twelve News in the Morning.

----------​

Greetings. I have come with another rather fleshed out roleplay project that I have rattled new life into by bringing it to this site. Without any more waiting, here are the important details of the RP.

• Players take the role of people that have come into ownership of an A.N.I. with E.D.G.E Online pre-loaded. They participate in some sort of alpha or beta test that has continual updates from the company itself.
  • I have a decent campaign planned, but I will not railroad it as much as I would like to.
  • Stat, damage, level, and custom class/ability systems for in-game characters.
  • A secondary campaign known as E.D.G.E Offline that follows the players of the game in their normal lives.
  • Everlasting questions.
  • Likely varying shades of mental trauma, blunt trauma, emotional trauma, and other dangers that are par for the course for video game characters. *May or may not apply to the players of such games.
  • Looking for 3-7 people to do this with. I will not settle for a 1-1 unless nobody bats an eye to this.
And with that, hopefully most if not all questions are answered or left to be asked. Either way, please leave a message below if you are interested in joining this.

I will be watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jill and Basileus
If you die in the game, do you die in real life?

I'm down for this. Let's go.

Sure why not, I'll see ya online. :)

Well that was certainly quick. Suppose I'll get to work on the OOC and plan for the IC a bit more. If there are any questions or comments, do not be afraid to ask and/or make them.

• Love
Reactions: Jill
What's the system for exp and combat you're planning on using? Is it dice hijinks? Or more of just stat comparisons?

It will likely be comparison based in the beginning, and dice based in the end to give the illusion of the late-game struggle/grind that seems to permeate most games these days. I'll have to see and think on it a bit more. Perhaps we can come to an agreement once the OOC is up?