E-Cigarettes Saving People's Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unsun

Original poster
The vaping thread really motivated me to put forth my stance on the controversial topic of whether or not e-cigarettes are any better than a regular cigarette, or whether it's healthier, et cetera. I do not wish to type out my whole paper on here, so I've provided a link to the college paper I did last year explaining my stance on e-cigarettes.

I understand the benefits of e-cigarettes, such as people being able to quit smoking, but at the same time, if tobacco companies can't prove that these e-cigarettes aren't harmful and strict regulations aren't made within due time, I believe we should get rid of them altogether. Have fun reading this paper!

I don't have time at the moment to dig up what I've read, but e-cigarettes to my understanding really aren't safer than normal cigarettes at all and contain many of the same harmful chemicals found in your typical paper cigarettes. There's still a lot of testing of long-term health risks that need to be evaluated, and it seems very suspect that this new smoking product shows up on the market and suddenly everyone is hyping it up as a safe alternative. I will read your paper when I have a bit more time, however. I'm always up for being pleasantly surprised.

Although, regardless of the supposed health benefits over normal cigarettes, the whole term "vaping" and it being promoted as a healthy lifestyle choice makes my skin crawl. At least the 420 blaze it stoners can reference numerous medical journals saying how marijuana is quite the miracle drug and rather safe, even if the people who base their identities around it are just as awful and annoying as alcoholics.

Also, technically smoking e-cigarettes is still smoking, saying smoking them is helping people quit is like an alcoholic switching to light beer from hard liquor. And if studies show e-cigarettes are just as harmful, then it's just as awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.