Dyson: Superpowered Stranger-Things like RP

What would rather see plot wise for first phase?

• Superpowered Antagonist

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • True secret of Dysonium revealed

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Meet The Locksmith

• The Classifed Dysonium Lab

• A Stan Lee Cameo

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
This is just in the interest check phase and development phase, but I have an idea in mind of a non-conventional superpower RP with kind of a feel and expansive sense of Stranger Things. The plot would basically be that a new but seemingly extraterrestrial periodic element has been discovered at the bottom of the Earth's ocean (disclosed from the public). This new element, named Dysonium has gauged the interests of scientists, resource analysts, and every adventurous mind from around the globe. Extremely little of this element has been found, but the little that has is being tested and experimented for properties... in which the results have been law defying, resulting in an atomic change of a select few individuals residual DNA. The ability selection process will be unique, in that you select an ability, I randomize an ability, and from there the two abilities will be mixed for your characters' superpower.

(Your preferred power + Random Power = Your True Power)

EXAMPLE:
(Pyrokinesis + Rain Control = Smoke Manipulation OR Acid Manipulation)

• Sometimes mixes can provide more than one choice.

All of those events were a year prior. Now, present day. There has been a string of bizzare incidents revolving around the black site testing area for the Dysonium. Press and Media have been informed that it's simply the result of Anti-Matter testing, but for some who dig a little deeper they find a bit more then what's presented.

A signal, radio in origin, capable of spanning from the left side of the electromagnetic spectrum to the right seemingly at random will. An interchangeable frequency, when decided from sine wave reads:
L-O-C-K-S-M-I-T-H

Anyone with the DNA change can hear the frequency no matter where they are in the world. Over, and over again? Who is the man dubbed as the Locksmith? And what key does he hold to finding out the secrets behind this new element? For those individuals with a metaphysical change of a lifetime. Their fates will intertwine on an ever expanding premise to unlock that mystery.

The RP will be very real world esq, no capes and regimes (at least not plot wise) even the science behind the Dysonium will be relative, however, the rpers in control of their ability will alter that world around them. Your character can be from anywhere in the world as the way the DNA is triggered isn't limited to an area or space.

I'd rather JJ Abrams this thing and keep the antagonist secretive and unknown until time of the RP but if anyone at all has questions or concern she feel free to post them! Again just an InCheck but if this gets interest I'll already have the plot ready to go.

DYSONIUM:
35951AFE-B29F-4209-8135-6962AE0CC149-834-00000132320B211F.jpeg

OOC OPEN SIGNUPS - Dyson - OOC

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mango
I gotta read this over more but I am in for it.

Reactions: OppositeInverse
I love this! I'm very much on board :D

• Love
Okay well that's 6 total including myself. If anyone has questions you can ask now I'll answer the best I can (online and writing out the plot line simultaneously)

Damn you @Justin Why must you tempt my weak heart?

@OppositeInverse
I'm interested, to say the least, I'll know for sure later if I can handle this or not. I rather like the idea of the random power though, love it!

I am definitely in

Ill come along for this. I have an idea for a power already.

@OppositeInverse Only question for now is, do we tell you are preferred power now or later? XD

So will this be set in the 80s like Stranger Things?

I'll have to think on this , decent concept but , already in quite a few superpowered RP's already.