Dysfunctional [w/ elfgem]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dessert sounds great," he grinned, leaning back as he carefully pushed his empty plate aside, having wolfed down his food hungrily - it had been a while since he actually had a nice meal, and he hadn't really wanted to waste any of it in knowing he'd just reflect upon it later on and groan in annoyance. Once spotting Bellamy's glance, he shyly shrugged and avoided eye contact as best he could in fear of just feeling the tight knot in his stomach from knowing that he had committed himself to more weeks of... this. It wasn't bad, but not the best when he was lying to good people about dating Bellamy.

"I, ah... It just came out, alright?" he whispered swiftly towards Bellamy, making sure to keep his voice low. "I have a plan, it's fine. Just relax, okay? I'm not that difficult to 'date'."​

The woman grinned as she took up his plate as well and told him, "Good, because I've made plenty for everyone." She'd walk away and Sabrina moved to help her out with cleaning them real quickly before she would serve out the dessert to everyone. Bellamy kept his eyes on the other male as he spoke and nodded before he'd come to frown and whisper in return, "I never said you were difficult to date and I don't think you are. I'm more than happy to go with your plan, alright? I'll also be okay if you decide you don't want to do this, my parents will understand."

It was true he didn't mind going out with him, even though it wasn't at all a true relationship and only because he dragged him into this and he wanted to keep helping him out. Honestly? He did like Foster. But he didn't want to admit that to him; for the teenager was barely even a friend as it was. He didn't want to fuck things up with him, since he was more than happy to be his friend. That is, if he'd let him be.

"I... plan to end it in a few days, maybe two weeks, give it enough time. Maybe a month. I can cope for a month. I like you as a mate and all, I just don't like lying to good people," he sighed, smiling shyly all the same as he fiddled with his hands. He liked Bellamy as a friend, but it was still weird for him to have friends outside his siblings, and because the medication was helping him to feel stable, he did find himself being more shy than anything.

"I... I do wanna still be friends though. If only for Lily, she likes you a lot, and she's like me. We don't make friends often," he chuckled quietly, biting on his lip hard to distract himself from becoming too shy and not talking: it happened often in class when he was picked on to read aloud or answer a question.​

Placing his hand over the other male's hands as he fiddled with them nervously and obviously so, Bellamy murmured to him, "I promise you this, if they do find out, they will understand. They're good people, right? But I will follow your plan nonetheless and you can decide to end it whenever you like, okay?"

The platinum blonde's eyes widened and he would smile broadly and nodded as he would tell Foster, "I would really like to be friends too, because I like you and Lily is really sweet. And I know she'd get along with Lucy. We don't make very many friends either." That had been the only part Caryn would hear and snorted as she would say as she passed out the ice cream cookie sandwich to everyone as she would say, "No kidding. Anyone who knows I'm a succubus, avoids me like the devil. Same goes for Rina. Or if they knew the kids are halflings, now that's even worse. Put us all together, we're a joke. On the other end, as a lesbian couple..it still goes into play. Even as a family. And I refuse to let Bellamy get too friendly with those men from the tattoo shop. I have my suspicions."

At the way she would go off about it, the entire family would be discreetly smirking and filling their mouths up as they wouldn't say a word, loving it when she would get passionately riled up.

"Oh, I... I didn't really think anything other than humans existed until I met Bellamy-- i'm cool with it, I'd never judge. Likewise, I wouldn't judge sexualities. I'm gay, and... and my mom's sister -my auntie- is a transgender woman, so... i have no qualms over it," he smiled quietly, reaching to take Bellamy's hand and hold it hard, mostly a coping tactic to avoid feeling overly guilty and having that be portrayed on his expression.

He had just lied again that he hadn't known about other creatures - he was a shapeshifter, but he really didn't want to have to admit that in all honesty. It would just raise questions, and he wasn't entirely in the mood for that. So pretending to be purely normal seemed logical to him. "I really should be going in a moment," he smiled once checking the time. He knew he had to get back for his siblings, because, as the eldest, he really had to protect them. Grace was his twin, but she looked up to Foster a great deal for guidance, and he accepted that role whole heartedly. "Thank you for the nice evening though."​

Bellamy did raise a slight eyebrow at his words before deciding not to think over it too much and squeezed his hand comfortingly. It took both of the women a moment not to make a little face in confusion, for they could smell his scent, and it didn't smell as a human's would. But they wouldn't dare to question it. Caryn told him, "Oh, she is, hm? And I know, honey, and I'm glad you don't. If you did have qualms, I don't think you would be sitting here right now. so I'm really glad you're here with us."

Brightening the mood up once more, Sabrina would tell him, "My brothers are drag queens. Both of them. If my mother was alive, she'd be horrified to know all of her children are queer." Her wife would snort, shaking her head quietly before telling Foster, "Oh? If you have to. And if you'd like, you can take whatever you'd like with you. I wouldn't mind. Thank you so much for coming over, it was nice to have you. Do make sure you ask your parents about coming to the waterpark with us, alright?"

"I'll definitely ask, but I doubt they'll care. They'd want us out of their hair, trust me," he smiled, albeit appreciatively as he took in the family atmosphere again. It was nice, to sit at a table and enjoy a meal. In his house, only he and his siblings would eat together, and that was disjointed giving they had to sit on a couch or the floor - they didn't have a table now. They did have before, a large, marble table, but it had been sold for money. That wouldn't have been that bad, if the money wasn't spent on his father's gambling and mother's penchant for treating herself to designer dresses.

They struggled to pay the bills, yet his mother always had the best clothes and newest perfumes: it was sickening as far as Foster was concerned.

"I'll see you soon, then?" He grinned, eyeing Bellamy quietly. "Are you taking me home or am I walking back? It's not even that far, I can get back in under five minutes..."​

Caryn nodded quietly and smiled a bright one before Sabrina would move to help her put stuff away and clean up the kitchen, putting up the leftovers. Bellamy would stand up and give the same bright smile as he'd listen and told him clearly, "Five minutes away, hm? Not happening, love. I don't want you to end up getting hurt."

His words were more than honest, for he really didn't want him to. He would tell him, "I'll drive you home, I don't mind." After Bellamy's family would say goodbye to his faux lover and that they would see him soon, he would lead him out to his motorcycle and told him as he put on his helmet and got on to start up his bike, "Thank you, for that. Even though I know you didn't want to do it. But really, I'm not letting you go home alone. Besides, I've got to go home in the same direction anyways, it's not a hassle."

"...Maybe when you take me back, you can come in for coffee?" He offered quietly, sitting behind him and wrapping his arms around his waist instinctively, not feeling as embarrassed by it as he had done the earlier time. "I mean, Lily would love to chat to you some more, and my sister Grace is... pretty curious about meeting you, I guess. She's just a chatterbox and really friendly, so I guess you'll like her? Most people tend to, she's adorable," he praised, knowing just how popular his twin was because of her never ending kindness. "She volunteers at a retirement home, and... yeah. Just 'cause she's popular, it doesn't mean she's a complete bitch as most people assume. She's... really sweet."

Placing his helmet on finally, he resumed his position with a tired yawn, resting his head against the other's back automatically. "It was nice, having dinner with your family. I'd happily do it again, even if it's awkward having to pretend to... be in a relationship, I suppose."​

Staying silent as Foster would get himself situated behind him and he'd bite back a small smile at the way he was already wrapping his arms around his waist even though they weren't moving and he wasn't going to until he got on his helmet, he simply listened. The male hummed quietly, asking him, "Grace? I remember her, mostly because one of the sons at the place I work had a thing for her," Bellamy rolled his eyes fondly and chuckled before saying, "But yeah, I saw her at school before, she seemed really lovely. I don't mind meeting her and talk to Lily, and god yes, I can't refuse coffee."

Even though he moved to put down his helmet shield, he froze again to hear him and flushing softly as he told him quietly, "You could've just come as a friend. But if you really do like it, we have 'family' dinner every week when everyone has the chance to stop and sit together; you can come. My mom would love having another guest." Smiling softly to himself, he'd put it down and drove out for their destination before stopping in front of Foster's quickly, and he turned off his bike.

As much as he took in, including the part about coming in as a friend rather than a faux boyfriend, the one point that had ultimately stuck in Foster's head was the point about Grace, that of which had resulted in him remaining silent in thought for the remainder of the ride. Once coming to a stop, he did take off his helmet with a calm smile and climbed off the motorbike with a yawn. He would have talked to him about the Grace topic during the ride, but with his contemplations and the general roar of the engine, it was difficult to do so.

"Who's the guy that likes Grace?" He asked finally with the first sign of playfulness on his face - any chance to know something Grace didn't concerning her in this sort of way did make him smile. Hell, it was his twin, and he was unbelievably close to her. "Is he sweet? I mean, Grace does have a boyfriend, but I do want to know about this guy. Just out of twin curiosity, if anything, aha..."​

As he would take off his helmet, the blonde blonde smirked at his faux lover and chuckled before thinking about it, "Hm...he's a sweet guy. My sort of guy, type. He sticks out like a sore thumb in there. He goes by Javi usually. I've actually dated him, but his dad is scary. I couldn't deal with his dad for the life of him. I tried for his sake, but..oh my god. He knows that he doesn't have a chance with her and that she has a boyfriend, but no harm in dreaming a little, yeah?"

Bellamy chuckled softly as he remembered the younger male's gushing that had occurred during their brief dating period. It had only been a few dates really, nothing all that special. But they were good friends, pretty good at the least. He was still horrified of the boy's father. How could someone be that scary? Him, apparently so.

"You dated him? Oh. Never mind then-- I'm not going to tell my sister about this, because there may have been a minute chance, but not if you dated him. it'd be beyond awkward-- and he's your sort of guy? He sounds like the opposite to me, so that basically means I'm not your type? I would be offended if I liked you in a romantic aspect," he snorted as he playfully nudged him, not really feeling as though not being fancied was a big deal. He wasn't going to go into a tantrum over it - there was really little point, because it hardly impacted his life.

"Come on then, i'lll make you coffee-- it's instant though," he murmured quietly as he unlocked the door to his rundown home to lead him into the kitchen, smiling quietly at Grace who had been in the kitchen eating a salad. The other two had probably stayed upstairs in fearing that the noise of the front door opening was their parents coming in, rather than Foster. "Ah, this is Grace, my twin sister; this is Bellamy--"

"I know, silly. Your fake boyfriend who sooo should be your real boyfriend," she cooed sweetly from the chair, beaming up at them both as politely as ever. "Foster's cute, right Bellamy? He obviously finds you cute, he has to."​

"What? He was curious to know what it was like to date a guy. We went on a few dates, went to the carnival and all, never went any further than like..hugs. Then he friendzoned me, talk about my ego right there and then..but I was actually glad, I couldn't handle his dad. He's straight still, as far as I know. I'm not amazing enough to turn people gay, of course," Bellamy would say that playfully, smirking before adding sheepishly, "He was my sort of guy, but..so are you. My type is men or..masculine women, I guess that could work too."

"I'm not complaining, I always drink instant coffee anyways." He chuckled softly before following him inside and smiling politely at the sight of his twin sister, waving slightly at her as Foster managed to get an introduction out before she spoke. He quirked an eyebrow at the woman, his cheeks nearly flushing pink in response before he caught himself, before humming thoughtfully.

Deciding honesty was the best policy, he give a smirk as he would say, "Of course I do think that he's cute. Just look at him." It was all that he had to say on that, not looking over in his direction and rather in Grace's with a sheepish smile.

"Thank God it's not masculine men, because I'm really not masculine," he snorted under his breath, falling quiet once Grace made that comment, and more so when Bellamy opted to respond to it, simply keeping his back to them both in order to start the kettle and make the coffee. It was a welcome distraction, for his cheeks had grown red in colour from the compliments. He had to admit that he thought Bellamy was cute too, of course he was, but he couldn't quite respond and return the favour when he was a little too... shy to. Besides, Grace would just tease him for it for the remainder of the day, and he really wasn't up for her doing as such.

"Here," he smiled shyly, placing the cup down for him whilst holding his own close, eyeing Lily once she trailed into the kitchen in relief. Having been sent down by Cole to check who it was, she was relieved to find it wasn't their parents, rather Bellamy. She would prefer him there than her own parents, sadly. "How was the dinner? Did... Did you guys kiss or--"

"We're not dating. it's fake, Lily, remember?" Foster hurriedly smiled, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Bellamy, though his reddened cheeks couldn't be avoided unfortunately, even if he tried to hide them with a hand. "W-We didn't kiss, aha... but it was great. We can all go, apparently. I thought it'd be nice for you to meet Bellamy's family, and Grace and Cole..."

"I'd love that," Lily grinned, growing more comfortable around Bellamy now, not exactly as shy as she usually was which Foster did subtly smile at. "...I like your sister a lot, she's so lovely. And your brothers are... are lovely too. It'll be great to come~"​

"I don't like my men too masculine, so lucky for you.." Bellamy would grin playfully and notice the color blooming onto Foster's cheeks easily enough. Smiling gratefully as he was given the mug, he'd blow into it to cool it down, rather not to have it scald against his tongue. Ouch. He would tell him, "Thank you for the coffee." After he cooled it down enough to his liking, he'd tentatively take a sip of it and sighed contently as steam would burst in the air as he did so.

Perking up when Lily would come down, he wouldn't be able to stop his cheeks from turning pink whenever she made the comment about a kiss. He opted this time not to make a comment about that and let Foster speak for him as well instead. He nodded along to the next part, however, "Yeah, my parents would love it if you guys would."

The blonde would smile brightly as he would say to her and his smile broadened as he noticed how comfortable she was getting around him, "She will be ecstatic to hear that. And I know that my sister certainly likes you'd, and my brothers..they're still awkward with girls. I really don't understand how we're related. It's..kinda really sad. But they try. They'll be happy too though; they like having friends over, which is rare for them to have so."

"No, they're really sweet!" She reassured immediately, rather happy to go and actually witness just what a real family was like. Any family that had parents that actually cared for their children was an improvement on her own, quite frankly. She only really had her brothers and older sister, and while she was content in the love and affection they showed her, nothing could really make up for the lack in parental love. It was like that for all the children, but it was something they just had to deal with.

"It'll be fun." Foster confirmed quietly, his stance surprisingly close to Bellamy, purely accidental, though it felt far too normal for him to even recognise just how close he was to him, instead shooting him an innocent smile and keeping his mug held close to his chest. "Your parents are amazing, and... it'll be nice to engage with them again."​

"They'll be embarrassed to hear that and fail to save their so called masculinity," It was a joke he would a crack as a grin spread across his lips, for his brothers couldn't handle being called sweet or any sorts of compliments. Although he did happen to find it quite funny that they just turn impossibly red over it. The blonde would tell her with a genuine smile, "I know they'll like having you and your siblings around too, no doubt about it, of course."

Looking back towards Foster, he'd realized that the other was closer to him that he had been before. He wouldn't point it out though, not wanting to ruin anything by doing so, "It will be fun. I know that they'll be happy to see you again and properly get to meet your siblings, yeah?" Bellamy would smile gently before takin a sip of his own drink, feeling happy that it seemed like Foster was..slowly and gradually starting to trust him or..stand him, anyways.

It would only take moments for Foster to realise his proximity, mostly helped by Grace's playful wiggled eyebrows and smirks towards them - as twins, he easily caught onto her inferences, and scoffed her down immediately. What she seemed to be implying was that, because the two stood close, that they were already in a physical relationship. An assumption that Foster was quick to laugh down, although didn't feel removing himself from his position would really help things. So what if he stood close? He liked Bellamy as a friend, that was all there was to it.

Okay, so the boy was handsome. That was simply a bonus, and it helped to pretend to be dating him. Aside from that, there would e nothing going on between them if he could help it. It would just complicate matters, because Foster... wasn't someone who really did the dating thing that much.

"Sorry," he quietly explained to his 'boyfriend', grinning a rare grin. "I, ah... it'd be great to have our siblings all meet, I'm sure they'll get along, yeah."​

It wasn't hard to notice the expression Grace held, but it wasn't hard either to notice Foster's quick disagreement. It was that that pulled him back to the planet Earth, causing him to become grounded. The both of them were fake dating and that was all. Whenever Foster wanted it to end, it would, and that would be the end of it. He knew that even if he liked the other male, it didn't really matter.

Getting lost in his thoughts for that moment held such an effect on him, and he'd manage to snap out of them when he spoke. It wasn't exactly visible that his mood has changed, but he would set down the mug that he had been given and returned the bright smile at the sight of him grinning for once, "It really will be. I can't wait. But um, I guess I should probably go, since it's getting pretty late.., ah, yeah." He would give the girls his goodbyes before turning to his 'pretend' boyfriend with a genuine smile, "Thanks again, for coming, and..yeah, I'll see you soon. Thanks for the coffee, really, I needed it." It was true, he wasn't entirely sure of when the last time he slept was, honestly.

He wouldn't leave too much room for conversing as he would leave the quaint home, only because he knew that it was better to not be attached, and damnit, he was becoming attached and hell, he liked him. It wasn't right and it wasn't fair to the other male. Sure, he might've not taken his time leaving the house, but he relaxed as he made his way to his motorcycle, falling back into thought and admiring the starry skies as he moved to get back on and get back to his tiny little apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.