Dysfunctional [w/ elfgem]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That'd be great," he smiled quietly, knowing just how serious this was all slowly becoming, but now? It was too late to back out. And once murmuring a polite goodbye, he did cringe at what would have been an easier option. Possibly a crueller option, but it would have worked. He could have shapeshifted and stormed up to Bellamy claiming to be 'Foster's' boyfriend and to leave him alone, and then just shapeshift back to normal in private, and lead the rest of his life not having to pretend. Shame good ideas usually happened for him when he couldn't use them - well, technically he could still use them, but then he would come across as though he was using two people, dating both Bellamy and some other guy, and while that wouldn't be the truth, and that one of those guys would be him, he didn't want to come across like a two-timing scumbag.

So pretending to date Bellamy it was.

Eyeing Lily nervously, the only smile on her face was a result of him promising to take his medication, and he knew that, hence why he simply shrugged at her as he walked home. "I only stopped because they make me feel sick. I guess I should... be more nice to Bellamy next time, huh?"​

Caryn would wave to them goodbye, and as she began to run back, she'd realized she still didn't know his name at all, even though she had had plenty of time to ask. Merely huffing, and decided she would just have to ask her son later whenever he would call. If he wasn't asleep, that was. The boy usually chose to sleep his pain away, the big question being how long would he sleep for? The longest had been 48 hours. She'd kept count on that very occasion.

She was right by her assumption, for Bellamy had rushed into his apartment to yank off his bloody short and simply collapsed on his couch to take a much needed nap as his body would need to regenerate. Or try to at least relax some better than how it was now, his muscles tense. He was completely unaware of the situation, not knowing what was going to hit him.

So he fell asleep, thinking that everything was just going to return to how it used to be, and Foster would ignore him. At least that's how he would see it.

By the time the next day came around, Foster decided rather easily not to turn up to school - not that anyone forced him to, anyway. He woke to find his father and mother not even in the home, presumably having crashed at a friend's home to continue drinking or something along those lines, so it was left to the 17 year old to clean up the place, and get lunch sorted for Lily who preferred to take her own sandwiches rather than have to queue up and wait for an indefinite but long time. And once they were safely all running out for the bus, he opted to just busying himself with housework, expecting his parents to come home.

But predictably, all he received was a text saying they would be back in three days time, and to keep the house tidy - a hard task when his parents were the ones messing it up most the time. Of course, he had the dinner to turn up to at Caryn's home, and he did at least hope the message was relayed to Bellamy so he could get picked up by him, but if not, he wasn't going to worry too much about it. Frankly, the only reason he was looking forward to it was so he could have a nice, home cooked meal. Normally, he and his siblings all lived off takeaways and frozen things. The fact he had to pretend to be in love with Bellamy was just the only thing he had to put up with for the meal, but he could do that. He thought he could, at least.​

The message had gotten across to him. He'd gotten a voicemail that morning from his mother, finally waking up and listening to it to only have a heart attack from hearing it. Just, wait what? Foster was still his boyfriend? Coming over for dinner? He had to go and pick him up? Well..shit. What did he miss, for crying outloud. Was he just going crazy? That was very possible. Taking the time to breath and having a while before he had to go and get him, he found himself bored, even after all that he just heard from his mother.

So that was why, whenever it was time for him to go and get him, he had bleached his hair blonde. There was no yellow tones in his hair for he had corrected it and it was just a nice white blonde shade. But as he'd leave his apartment, he'd grab his beanie to hide it so Fostor wouldn't freak out if he looked any different. If he could've and if this had been an actual date, Bellamy would've picked up the other male in Sabrina's truck and be far more romantic, but they weren't actually together. The least he could do was bring a second helmet for him.

He'd driven his motorcycle over to Foster's home and parked along the side of the road before he would get off and pull off his own helmet to go knock on the door and patiently wait for the other to answer.

"Oh god, I can't do this." Foster groaned once hearing the knock on the door, easily starting to panic as he nervously nibbled on his fingernails. He had busied himself throughout the day finding a decent enough outfit, even if he didn't have the flashiest clothing, so opted for a pair of light blue jeans and a favourite red plaid shirt he always adored. It as either that, or a jumper, and he didn't want to come across like a little child. The only reason he was making such an effort in the first place was for Bellamy's parents: they were nice people, and he felt showing effort was the least he could do.

And he had gone as far as to take his medication. He was still quiet, but at the moment, he wasn't some cold, mean, depressive jerk. He was just... Foster. Quiet, somewhat shy and prone to breaking out into blushes, and far from being mean. Unless someone pissed him off, anyway. He was just somewhat desperate to be seen in a respected manner, and if he had to deal with queasiness all day, then he was prepared to do that. He had awful parents, but Bellamy didn't, and he wanted to make an impression.

Nonetheless, he quickly found himself panicking, hunched on the couch as Lily tried to get him to answer the door, worrying Bellamy would just leave in thinking Foster changed his mind. All he had known was Foster being cold and uncommunicative, so what else would he suspect. "Just go answer the door, please Foster... It'll be nice for you to go out--"

"Whilst pretending to date someone. Yeah, how fun," he sarcastically mumbled, shoving on his shabby trainers before shuffling to the door, at least managing a smile at the other. "...Hey. I... hope this is alright? I mean, I didn't want you having to endure being dragged around, so pretending seems alright. I mean-- look, I'm babbling. Can we go, already?"​

Waiting right there for a while, the newly dyed blonde would sigh, deciding he would wait a moment more..just in case. He just didn't want to disappoint his mother. She did spend nearly eight hours cooking. Although if Foster couldn't come and appreciate her meal, her family would most definitely. Even though he was sure that his mother would send him out with some of it to bring to the male's family. She was far too kindhearted for her own good.

Just when he was ready to give up, his eyes widen in shock as the familiar brunette came into view. Blinking slowly, he would respond, "Oh. Um. Yeah, it's alright. You really didn't have to, but you've made my mother a happy woman. And you look good. She'll appreciate you dressed like this, I'm sure at least one of my siblings with be in their pajamas. Maybe all of them." He would see Lily and wave, smiling broadly, "Hey Lily."

Bellamy nodded in response to his words, murmuring a quiet reply before beginning to lead him over to his bike and plopped the helmet on top of the other's head before his own, getting on. Waiting patiently for him to get on, he adjusted Foster's hands to wrap around him tightly enough before saying, "If you think you'll get queasy, just close your eyes and think of a happy place."
Due to Liam, he'd always say that before giving a ride, bcause he didn't wish to experience that one thing in particular again. Even if he was, it was only a few minute drive thankfully before they stopped before a quaint little home surrounded in beautifully colorful flowers, that only made it seem even smaller. He'd speak softly as he took off his helmet, "Welcome to my old home."

Quietly observing the home, he awkwardly tugged off his helmet with a small sigh. He didn't quite know what he expected. He knew the house would appear far more nicer than his own, but to be this aesthetically pleasing was a surprise. Nevertheless, he found himself smiling at the sight and handed the helmet across. "It's beautiful, really," he murmured, peering over at him with that same smile - one that was seldom the previous day or two, the change in mood reliant purely on his taking of the medication.

"I knew your parents would have a nice home. Caryn presents herself really well," he complimented quietly, breathing out the sudden bout of nervousness hitting him. He knew he didn't have to be nervous, because they would probably treat him lovingly, but he couldn't help but to feel anxious. He had to go in there and pretend, but he had placed himself in this position, and he had to accept that. "...Right, just pretend to love me, okay? As hard as that is."​

It was obvious to him now that the boy was on his medication, and he appreciated that, because his mood was definitely different. Hell, he even smiled. He could help but to smile slightly in return before telling him, "My mom will be glad to hear that. The reason she did all of this and why there's vines and flowers hiding some parts of the house is because some parts are burnt. So mom made do what she could do. Couldn't pay for repairs and paint did a poor job, but she had flowers. It worked."

Bellamy smirked whenever he said to pretend to love him as difficult as it would be. Taking a hold of the other male's hand gently, he would tell him, "Trust me, it wasn't be difficult for me. I promise I won't kiss you or do anything that'll make you uncomfortable." Going up to the door and gently tugging him along, he would open the door slightly before making a face, saying, "Loryn, go put on some clothes man, you're not some caveman." Grumbling could be heard before it disappeared and he would let the other into the home.

It was only a two roomed home, so it wasn't surprising for him to see a bunkbed in the tiny living room he once slept in. There was still a couch and decent sized TV in there, but still not much. One bedroom belong to his parents and the other belonged to the girls. However, despite it's cramped size, they managed to make everything come together and work. They had a little area for dining combined with the kitchen, and everything was neat and beautifully decorated. The whole house smelled of a certain cheesiness and something barbecue and Bellamy leaned in to tell him, "She's been cooking all morning for you."

Despite that she was in a rather warm kitchen, the succubus looked darling and put together despite as she would check the food once more as her wife and Lucy would set the table, Alyssa cooing in her high chair as she'd seen her brother and Foster. Caryn would perk up and look to see them, grinning as she walked over to hug her son and told him, "Take off that silly hat." Before moving over to greet Foster with an affectionate hug, whispering into his ear after gushing about how she was glad he was here, "If you'd like, I have some ginger ale that might help if you're feeling queasy. Just ask." She smiled sweetly as she pulled away slightly. Bellamy would speak, "Foster, babe, you know my mom, Caryn. That's my other mom, Sabrina. My youngest sister Alyssa. You know Liam and Lucy, and Liam's twin, Loryn, went to, hopefully, put on actual clothes.."

The moment he entered the house, he still found himself smiling - it was hard not to. He was used to the limited space, it being the same in his house, with his parents having one room; Grace and Lily in the other, while he and his little brother Cole had converted the attic into a room together. Small, but at least they managed. What they didn't have in their house was the sense of family; the familial love and care that this house was full of. It was a home; not just some house.

"No, no, I... I wanted to come. You have a lovely home," he said quietly, with a wide smile as he continually peered around the homely place, still trying to get over how nice it all was. That was until he awkwardly glanced at the other once recollecting the pet name. Babe. It was normal of couples, and he had to remember at least that they were supposed to pretend they were a couple, so eased into his side after pulling himself back together. "Why have you got that hat on... hon?" He asked quietly, rather proud of himself for at least using a pet name in response. "I mean, not that it doesn't suit you. It's just... well, frankly, it doesn't suit you~" He giggled under his breath, that in itself being miles apart from his mentality two days prior. "Have you shaved your hair off? My brother wears hats like that when he's had his hair cut really short..."​

The brunette smiled broadly at that, and gushed, "Oh, thank you dear." Bellamy would give him a look whenever he began to pester him about the beanie on top of his head, smirking slightly when he was given a pet name in return, the sound of him giggling pleasing him for some reason. Giving a mock exasperated sigh, he rolled his eyes playfully before saying to Foster, "Well, love, if you really must know.."

He would trail off as he pulled it off to reveal platinum blonde hair before playfully stating, "I didn't want to scare you off with my new hair color. Not that it's sticking, I wanted my siblings to decide as well. Actually..why don't you help me decide too? I'd like it if you would~" Sabrina would come up only then, the woman was actually a bit taller than her son, checking his roots and the color of his hair, "I'm impressed, you didn't screw up this time. I mean, you're missing any hair..again." Bellamy would whine out her name whenever she'd brought that up, puffing out his cheeks while she snickered before looking over to Foster.

"It's nice to meet you, Foster. I've seen you around the school, you're a nice kid. Even though you seem to like skipping, it seems.." The other male would cut in, squeezing his hand gently, "So what? I used to do that same thing and look at me now." He'd grin cheekily as she rolled her eyes and retorted, "You're not that great yourself, mister, you dropped out of school and graduated with other means." "What are you talking about, that's pretty good to me~!"

He covered his mouth the second the other tugged the beanie off, his eyes widened a tad at the sight of the other's hair now platinum blonde. He was used to people dyeing their hair, with his twin sister being a rather big fan of doing that, but he at least knew when she was, being the person who helped her with it. He hadn't anticipated the other to dye his hair, hence the quiet pause.

Before he could comment though, he felt his cheeks grow red, beetroot red in fact, as he opened and shut his mouth akin to a fish in response to Sabrina. It was true: he did skip a lot, but the reasoning for that was to due with his bipolar, ad he felt he had talked far too much about that. He didn't want to use it as an excuse constantly; it just so happened that it was relevant in most the conversations he had had lately. Luckily, though, Bellamy had quipped in, leaving Foster to stare at him in slight disbelief. Okay, so maybe this guy was really nice. Really, really nice, and he quietly moved to squeeze his hand back in return, if only quickly. "...I think your hair makes you look cute," he said after a moment, biting on his lip. The way he did that, and flush red, did connote a sense of truthfulness, and not said just to make them seem like a couple. On the contrary, he knew Bellamy was cute, who could deny that? "You did do a good job~"​

Bellamy would only barely manage to hide his surprise when the other actually squeeze his hand back, even if it was a passing moment that he wasn't going to get back. Hell, he was savoring this while he could. Foster was bound to want out at some point and he was going to stay out of his way, figuring that's what he would want anyways. And he wouldn't fight, he was doing more than enough for him.

But it wasn't just the squeeze. It was his words, and then the look on his face and it took him all but five seconds for his heart to start pounding and then stop as he remember the crucial fact again. They weren't dating. With the sheerest honesty in his voice, he would tell him, "Thank you, but I'm afraid you are far more handsome, natural hair and all." Biting down onto his lower lip thoughtfully himself, he would snap out of it to say with a small grin, "You're just flattering me now, which is why I'll need your expertise on my hair color as well. You'll see what I mean."

Caryn chuckled and told the male, "It's our favorite topic whenever he comes to dinner with bleached or faded hair. The kids like to pick out a color and we discuss pros and cons of said hair color. It can be boring sometimes..but it's been a year or less since he last dyed it, we'll have more to say. Saying this now, but if you ever break up with my son because he was forced to shave his head, you have every right to dump him. It is not his look."

While he'd playfully squinted at the woman for that, she continued on with a broadening smile, "Anyways, dinner is almost ready, so I'll go ahead and tell you what we've got. I've made some barbecued brisket and homemade macaroni and cheese. I've also got some stuff for a salad if you'd like that, but I've also made dessert for afterwards. My children are picky, so I had to go with something in a middle ground. My wife won't eat my homemade pizza for dinner, so I wasn't able to make that because I wasn't making her something on the side because she hates its origin." Sabrina protested, "They don't deserve the acknowledgement!" Bellamy would whisper to Foster, "Vampires originate from Italy, it's very difficult for most vampires when they're young to go out in the bright sunlight there, eat garlic, and be vain. Sabrina has adapted, but she hates her origin with a passion because everything she'd known was stripped from her. She really misses staring at herself in the mirror, so don't ask about family pictures unless you say portraits. There's only drawings so we don't bruise her ego." "I can hear you." "I plead the Fifth."

"Oh, right... I-I won't say anything then," he said quietly once hearing about Sabrina - it was better to say nothing about portraits and mirrors just to ensure he wouldn't upset her, and frankly, the last thing he wanted was to upset anyone. He wanted Bellamy to at least show that he had a good 'boyfriend', until the point where they could 'split up', anyway. Though when they ended the pretend relationship, Foster had decided now that he wanted to still be friends with Bellamy - he was nice, and kind, and there was hardly nobody who wanted to hang out with Foster in any capacity.

"Everything smells delicious. We live off takeaway pizzas in my house," he admitted quietly, running a hand through his hair as he carefully, and tentatively, took a seat at the table. "It's getting too expensive though, so we'll probably just go without them a while, eat tinned food to save some money. It's hard, living in this area-- I mean, there's always crime going on. We get stuff thrown at our windows all the time, it just comes with the territory, I suppose."​

Sabrina smiled slightly at him and told him, "I got used to having to dodge reflective surfaces and avoiding picture day. My biggest challenge is putting on makeup and not knowing how it looks. I think I've got that down though. Right..?" The succubus stared at her wife for a long second before bringing her hand up to wipe away some smudged lipstick and before chuckling, "I still have to help you on occasion. More often than not. She doesn't poke her eye out anymore at least."

The redhead nodded in response, telling him, "I know what you mean, Caryn can't work and I run off of my paycheck and we have to be careful with what we get. Half the time we can't even afford healthy foods because they're more expensive than the junk food is. Which is blasphemy to me. I might not usually eat it, but still. And oh yeah, the crimes are getting worse by here too, some ass trashed Bellamy's apartment a week ago for money and a couple days ago, someone had the nerve to vandalize the side of the house to say..very mean things about my wife and I. It's just something we must live with, I guess."

Trying to lighten up the mood, Caryn perked up and looked at the other male to tell him, "If you'd like, you can take home leftovers for your siblings, I've made plenty of food for today so..I wouldn't mind if you did."

"I... I'd love to, but I don't want to be a charity case, and my parents wouldn't like it. I'd appreciate it, 'cause my little sister Lily really wants to have a nice meal for once, but... my parents wouldn't be happy," he sighed to himself, taking a quiet swig of his glass of water nervously. He did feel bad, having to refuse the kind offer, but if he did accept it, he realised his parents would just see it as their family being pitied, and no matter what Foster did to try and convince them that wasn't true, they would hardly believe him.

"Maybe another time," he smiled, not wanting to be disliked for the refusal, even if it was said with more politeness than he had expressed before in the recent past. It was thanks to his medication, mostly, but aside from that, he really didn't want to upset them - they were just a genuine, nice family. "It... it is a lovely meal though, ma'am."​

"You're not a charity case, we're only just in the same situation. But I understand," Caryn would feed Alyssa before she herself would indulge into eating at all, the food all set on the table and the children already getting into it. "You know..if it's just your parents you might be worried about, Lucy can just invite your siblings over one of these days. But if not, please don't worry, Foster. You're not doing anything wrong by saying no. And thank you, I'm really glad you've liked it." The succubus smiled softly before focusing on her task at hand on trying to feed a squirming toddler.

The woman seemed far from upset, and Sabrina and Bellamy the same. The other male would clear his throat, deciding to change the topic, "So, go at it. Give it to me. What color should I do?" His youngest would be the first to respond, making a farting noise with her mouth and she'd grin. Rolling his eyes, he playfully said, "Did that last time." Lucy would say blue, the twins would either give a natural shade before saying something completely out of the box, Loryn going, "Oh, wait. Neon green!" His mothers would think about it before one would say silver and another pink and purple. This was going to be long discussion, he felt before looked at his 'lover' and asked him, "What do you think?"

"I could invite them over? Really? I... I'll ask them, but they're bound to say yes-- Lily will definitely, and Grace loves meeting new people. Maybe Cole will come, I'm not too sure about him. He's busy nowadays with his sports and his girlfriend-- but I'll ask. It's such a nice offer, thanks," he grinned automatically and without hesitation, only then realising the ramifications of that - he would have to inform Grace and Cole about his pretend relationship and swear them to secrecy about it. It would be hard when Grace was a blabbermouth, but he had to try because he did want them to at least meet the family and realise what a family was. Besides that, he wanted them to have a nice meal.

Smiling to himself nonetheless at the offer, he automatically shifted closer to Bellamy when he spoke, as if only to inspect his platinum hair. "I think blue would be cool. Pastel blue, but you can take any of the suggestions-- I just think it'd be cool for you to have a abnormal colour, hon," he grinned, quietly reaching for his fork again with another jot of pride. He was pleased with himself at remembering and saying the pet names with a sense of genuineness to them, anyway.​

"It's no problem with us. We'd love to meet your siblings, Lucy certainly likes your little sister, you should hear her coming home from school, she talks about her. Says she's really sweet." At her mother's comment, Lucy sunk into her seat a little, trying to hide her face with the table out of embarrassment and she'd find herself giving a small smile whenever Foster liked the color blue as well.

She would speak quietly in Sabrina's direction to be excused, a small stutter in her voice. Pushing her chair back and she'd move out of it right as Bellamy would eye him fondly and said, "Pastel blue, huh? I think I might just do that, love. I don't think I've done that color yet..." Lucy would only take two steps before she'd trip over thin air and collapsed on the ground. For a split second, everyone would freeze before relaxing and the eldest male would excuse himself quietly before walking over to the girl and kneeling down next to he as she would get up, her cheeks bright red with embarrassment after what had just happened and led her to the bathroom.

As they would leave the room, Caryn gave a weak smile, "Lucy doesn't like it whenever we try to rush over and help her with something so little, her words not mine, and Bella is the only one she doesn't get upset with if he helps her off the ground. She doesn't like the help but..we try." She would shake it off and speak far more clearly with him, "Anyways, Bellamy's been dyeing his hair since he was..probably twelve. He always had dark green hair, for the longest time. It fit. Then there was light green, then a tint of dark blue, and then purple, then lavender, which faded into pink..several times he has been bald. So brace yourself in case he manages to screw that up somehow." She let out a gentle laugh before becoming quiet for a moment before she would say with a sweet smile, "I'm glad you and my son are dating. I can't remember the last time he seemed so happy with this..so thank you for that, even if you guys end up not working out..but I can hope."

Feeling just a little awkward without Bellamy now, though he couldn't blame him for leaving when he himself felt a surge of worry for the girl, he dabbed his mouth with a tissue until thankfully smiling when Caryn began to talk again. "As long as she's okay, I get the independence thing. It does annoy me when my little sister fusses with me over my medication, even if I understand she just cares," he smiled to himself, gulping down another drop of water to clear his mouth. "Oh, if he goes bald, I wouldn't really care. I... love him, y'know? No matter what colour his hair is, or lack thereof~"

Stifling a chuckle to himself at the mere mental image of Bellamy without hair, only really stopping once the last comment was made, his face paling only slightly and not enough to be recognised, luckily. "We'll be together for the foreseeable future. i don't plan on leaving him, and I don't think he has other plans to when... we're in love. I can't see myself with anyone else, honestly." He smiled quickly, cursing himself inwardly at having to openly lie, but he was hardly going to reveal the truth.​

Sabrina let out a small laugh, taking a sip from a cup that was suspicious different from everyone else's, for the right reason. He might already know, but she didn't want to make him queasy just in case if so. "She'll agree with you there, she gets upset if we even ask her if she's alright sometimes. But we live, you know. She's a sweetheart, just troubling to understand at times...to most anyways."

Both of the women looked at him in pure amusement as he told them that and snickered, and Caryn said, "He'll save you from having to look, he always wears a hat whenever his hair is too short for his own taste. Long hair has always been his thing, and rightfully so."

Bellamy would return as he would say that, Lucy with him with regained confidence, for she had makeup on, unlike before. It was unbeknownst to them as to why it made her happy, but they had no complaints at all. It made her feel better, like her war paint. She'd smile brightly as she'd sit back down, bobbing her head around happily as she went back to eating. At an angle he knew the women couldn't tell, he raised an eyebrow at Foster before sitting down next to him once more, biting on his lower lip, "I'm glad you feel the same way." His mother cut in, saying as she'd take the twins' plates before they would run over to the couch, "Dessert will be out whenever everyone is done. I've made my own ice cream cookie sandwich."

Status
Not open for further replies.