Dysfunctional [w/ elfgem]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I just don't think you were very nice, and, you know what it's like to be bullied for stuff, Foster." Lily babbled as she headed alongside her big brother, fiddling anxiously at the collar of her shirt. Having seen Foster just disregard and talk lowly of Bellamy had surprised her - he had firsthand experience of being judged, and while she realised that the nonchalance arose solely because of his bipolar, and that his mood was taking a knock at the moment, she still believed he should have at least murmured a thank you.

Being the sort of person she was, effortlessly kind, she couldn't stand to see anyone upset that she knew was a good person at heart, and she immediately felt that Bellamy was a kind person, and had decided she liked him seconds after seeing him anyway. So the fact she ran to him with no hesitation when spotting him hunched over like that - though she would be likely to do it for anyone too. "Bellamy?! Foster, c-come help! He's hurt!"

"I can see that." Foster said coolly, striding over with the same indifferent look, even if inside, he was panicking to an unimaginable extent. "...What happened? Did you get hurt by some guys?" He asked wearily, biting hard on his lip as he exchanged a glance with his sister. Blood wasn't something he liked, and the sight was making him feel queasy. "Ugh... do... you need help?"​

Hearing his name being called, he froze briefly for he didn't recognize the voice at that moment until he heard a more familiar one and relaxed slightly. He didn't look up at them though, trying to contain the blood from going anywhere besides how it was going down his chin and onto his hand. Breathing out shakily, he found himself saying, "I'm-I'm okay. Nothing I can't..h-handle.."

He laughed weakly and told him, "Yeah, some guys beat me up. Not everyone is accepting of what they see. It doesn't matter though. Better me than one of my siblings.." Trying to stand up from his hutched position, the blood rushed through him and made him feel sick and dizzy to the point where he ended up staying in the place. "I j-just need a moment..gh.." He'd use the inside of his dark shirt to wipe away the blood, knowing the shirt will most likely be ruined with all the blood but at least it didn't show through it.

While his cut on the lip wasn't so bad, despite how much blood, they had hit him really well and damn, it really hurt.

"You're not fine, clearly." Foster mumbled, turning his now paled face to avoid the sight of the blood, all while his sister had leant to try and get a look at whatever injury he had to gauge the seriousness. Yet, the moment she peered up at her brother with no words but a fleeting look was the moment he let out a loud snort and shook his head. "Oh, no. No way. We can't--"

"But he needs help, and some rest, and--"

"And the area we fucking live in, Lily, is an embarrassment. Our home is an embarrassment," he snapped under his breath towards her. He may not care for Bellamy -he didn't care for anyone- but he didn't want to bring him to the worst area in the city, where crime and violence was rife. He didn't want to have the judging and the knowing of where he was from. It was... a little demoralising and he had built himself up, ensured he and his siblings were seen in a better position in school than some four children who were basically raised by themselves and in a less than desirable community. Eventually, however, the teen grumbled under his breath and moved to do what Lily had done - move to support Bellamy, holding him up as they began to walk on the way home to be able to help him properly, apparently regardless of what he wanted.

"If you tell anyone about where I live, I will personally make your life Hell. I'll tell your mother we're not dating, and she'll be on your back again," he mumbled to the demon, keeping his eyes far from him however. "Understood?"​

He'd been confused as they both went back and forth with each other right until Lily had moved over to him and helped him up. He didn't fight against her though and instead let her get him up easily as he'd become lightheaded. Nonetheless, he fought doubling over once more until Foster came into the picture. It did surprise him a little that he ended up helping, but most likely only because his sister did.

Bellamy wouldn't say a word either way as he'd help support him up and nodded to his words with ease, managing out, "I understand."

But he kind of found it funny, not expressing it, where the two started to lead him. Seeing the direction they were going was down where he and his own family lived. Was that the embarrassment he was talking about. Thinking about it, he suddenly realized why. Where they all seemed to live was a horrible place to live. He guessed that his family really did try to make the best out of it and did so and kept them out of trouble. The dark haired boy didn't point it out that though that they might, deciding it was best to stay quiet.

"Ignore him; I'm Lily," his sister introduced herself with a happy smile. She was usually a shy person, a painfully shy one who wouldn't even say an insult to anybody who bullied her, but the fact Bellamy had been so nice to give her his milkshake did make her warm to him considerably. The fact she also liked his siblings and saw them whenever she ate with Foster in the library helped too. "Foster's just, you know... his mood gets affected--"

"Shut up." Foster interjected quickly, shooting his sister an evidently desperate glance, indicating that he hadn't exactly told Bellamy much about him, despite having been thrown into pretending to be his boyfriend - something he wasn't planning on becoming involved in again anytime soon. "I'm just tired, and I don't like people. Not Bellamy-specific. I mean, you're okay and you're nice enough. I just don't like people. People fuck you up and throw you aside like rubbish."

Lily blinked, seeing the indifferent expression and realised that all of this was mostly because of his bipolar. Usually, Foster was at least happy. Quiet, sure, but he was always smiling, and this was just an effect of the bipolar, and him not taking his medication. But clearly, he didn't want to tell Bellamy, a boy he didn't want to get close to, about that. "Ignore him, again. He's tired-- anyway, ah... you got my brother to pretend to be your boyfriend? Not the best decision~ He's awkward and shy~"​

Giving the girl a small smile, he'd tell her, "Nice to meet you, Lily. I'm Bellamy." He blinked in surprise as Foster interjected as she'd speak for him, obviously about to say something that he didn't want the male to know. So he would discreetly do his best not to listen to the siblings unless it was actually meant for him to hear.

"In my defense, he was the only person I could see at the time that was near my age and around my so called..'type' my mother has given me. I don't know how I have a type, but hey. The only other choice I had was a little girl in a princess costume and her mom and a fifty year old man that was balding. I realized my mistake right after I did it, ah, he started acting like my sister at a restaurant. Something like that It was too late for me to take it back, but the least I could do was try to..make it as painless as I could. But I'm still really sorry, alright?" Bellamy directed his apologize towards Foster, his lips pursed into a weak smile before he'd duck his head once more.

And expectantly, all he really received was silence from the other boy, who trudged on ahead of them once seeing his sister could manage supporting Bellamy - plus he didn't really like how friendly she was with him. He saw Lily as his closest friend, and definitely closest to her out of siblings. Cole was too focused on popularity, and his own twin, Grace, was mostly busy with her circle of girly, giggly typically high school friends to notice anything else. At least Lily was more like Foster, aside from the fact she was actually friendly and polite to people.

"...He hasn't taken his medication, he's a little irritable," she explained instantly, mostly when she knew he was out of earshot, or she realised she would be told off for admitting to it. Foster didn't want anyone who didn't know of him to know his condition, because most tended to freak out and tease him for it. "He's bipolar. Honestly, he's not always like... this. He can be sweet and stuff too, so... anyway, don't tell him I told you, he'd flip."​

His expression broke into one of pure understanding and he smiled softly, "I see..and got it, won't say a word. And I doubt you on that." He did want to ask her just why he hadn't taken his medication, but she'd already told him enough and he didn't want to pry. It wasn't right off.

Bellamy quietly told her, "I didn't say this because I didn't want to end up irritate him further somehow, but um. My family lives in this area. I live in this area. I don't know how many people live in yours, but imagine seven people living in a tiny house that lacks bedrooms.." He grinned slightly at her, taking a moment to wipe at the more blood falling down his face, "My bedroom was the living room. I didn't mind it. Then I moved into an even smaller apartment once I dropped out and graduated, got a job, and I have this massive bed because most of siblings end up coming over to sleep and..yeah. I guess I just forgot how awful where I live is."

He sighed softly and slumped over slightly as he told her, "So you don't have..to bring me back to you guys' home. I don't..want to worsen his mood since that seems to be all I've done, whether he's not medicated or is..once I remember just where the hell I'm supposed to go from here, I can just go home..." The dark haired boy huffed out a weak laugh and sniffled, trying to push away his pain.

"You live in this area?" She blinked, peering up at him with a quiet smile. She didn't want to come across as pleased to hear that, or glad, because she knew just how horrible the area was, and wouldn't wish anyone to live there, not even her worst enemy, but she couldn't help but to smile at that. It meant he understand her and Foster, and what their family had to suffer living in, and it also saved her the embarrassment when they entered the dark and dingy area of the downtown.

"It isn't the nicest place, but we're far from rich and... yeah, we're stuck here. There's six in my family, so it's hard to support everyone, I guess. Not that my parents do. They're always out partying-- they had us all really young," she explained, not knowing just why she was revealing all this to him, but the boy had a kind face and he didn't tease her, so she automatically felt she could trust him. Though she knew Foster would go nuts if he knew she was admitting to all this. "Anyway, ah... I understand, I suppose. I wish I'd have seen you guys around, though! I really like you and your siblings, you're all really nice."​

The male would nod and tell her with a little smile, "Yeah, I've lived here my entire life and we haven't moved one bit." It faltered though as she would speak of their parents and it broadened into a frown after what she would say about them and how they partied and there wasn't much supporting. Sure it made sense if they hadn't been expecting to have children, but still. He didn't really like parents like such, but he wasn't daring to voice that. The least he could do was try and help them out when he could. If Foster didn't get pissed off by him again.

"Right..I guess it can be difficult for them to support your family..growing up is difficult. I wish they put more time into supporting you guys than going out to party. Both of my parents are quite the contrary, very old and pretty wise. One's an ancient demon and the other is an vampire. They're both well off, per say, but my parents are comfortable with where they are. They'd rather spend money on more important things, food, bills, education, so on. If they need a bigger house one day, they will. I hope anyways. I think they like living here so we can learn to fend for ourselves. For me, anyways." Bellamy let out a quiet laugh before he saw a familiar route in the close distance and told her, "I can just go down that way. And look, Lily, if you or your siblings need something just tell me or one of mine okay? Or if you just want to hang out or something and grab a bite, don't hesitate asking, alright? And I wish the same, you and Foster are nice, despite..yeah. And I don't think I've really met the other two just yet. I'm sure it'll come up some how. But thank you."

"Are you sure you don't want to come to our home?" She asked, her cheeks a light pink as she wearily smiled up at him with hands fiddling for a little distraction. If she was honest, as much as she liked him, she wasn't too fond of him coming home with them. It wasn't personal, giving how much she did genuinely like him, but she didn't really want him to have to endure anymore of Foster's attitude.

"I mean, not that you'd want to, because I'm not some cool inhuman thing. Just a normal human, with normal human parents. Foster is the only different thing in our family-- I wish he wasn't. It must be so cool being a vampire, or a demon, or... anything but a stupid human," she gushed, her cheeks vibrantly reddening out of social awkwardness, and mostly because Foster had yelled at her to hurry up and was now irritably storming back up to the. "Ah... just go, he'll yell at you or somethin'."​

"Hey now, being human isn't a bad thing. Me being an incubus means I need affection to live. That can suck. Being a vampire means you need blood to live. That..literally, sucks." He'd grin at his own joke before saying, "Being human does sound pretty cool to us nonhumans. So don't put yourself down over that. Trust me on that, alright?"

Bellamy looked up to see Foster yelling at them and told her, "I'll take a rain check. Another day, maybe. I'll see you later, Lily." He'd give her a big smile and didn't dare to invade personal space and went across the street before her brother made his way over to them and limped slightly as he started walking back to his apartment. He'd crossed his arms to warm himself up against the chill and disappeared around the corner as he'd make his way down a familiar route.

"Bye!" She called out quickly, sighing at Foster's clear anger and wearily wrapped her arms around herself as he ranted on and on about how irresponsible she was and how she couldn't trust a guy like Bellamy, purely for what he had done to Foster in roping him into a fake relationship, but for Foster, it had its effects. If he happened to bump into that woman again, which was likely given they lived in the same area, he would have to always pretend to have dated Bellamy, and that in itself was something he found himself anxious over.

"Let's go home, Lily," he sighed, weary crossing his face as he stared after the way Bellamy had gone. He didn't hate the boy, but... he just didn't want to get close to him. People always let you down, that was his personal philosophy, and it was best to keep a distance, wasn't it? "...Don't befriend him, I think I'd have to just hide away the whole time."​

Speak of-think of, more like- the devil and she shall appear, and she did. Caryn had spotted Foster as she'd walked in a pair of comfortable gym clothing and one earbud in her ear as she had her youngest in her running stroller, slowing down so at first she would hit into them. But then she had recognized who'd she knew as Jake and didn't know his real name.

If she didn't have a reason, she would've politely ignored him for his sake and smiled and waved and that would be the end of it, but she had a reason. She slowed to a complete stop, smiling weakly as she came to a full stop, speaking, "Jake, or whatever your name is. Hello. I didn't realize you lived here too. I just wanted to tell you in case my son hasn't informed you, but he told me that the two of you weren't together. He felt bad for what he'd done, but I suppose it's my fault. I..pressured him to be in a relationship when he didn't want to be in one and it led to..this. So formally, I'd like to apologize on my behalf. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for doing this out of the blue." She laughed softly before growing quiet as Alyssa cooed and snapped her out of it.

"Anyways, you seem like a sweet boy, and thank you for doing that for Amy, even though you must've not wanted to. I'll..leave you two alone now," Looking down at her little girl, she smiled broadly before turning around and didn't leave much of a chance for a response before she'd run back the way she came from to get back home.

"I... uh... r-right..." He stammered wearily, not quite able to get a word in as, much like a deer caught in headlights, he found himself paling and nervously glancing to Lily even though she obviously couldn't help the situation whatsoever. However, this was what he had wanted, wasn't it? He was no longer just chained to being Bellamy's fake boyfriend, and could forget about the boy easily with no worries about upsetting his mother, who he quietly watched head away somewhere to the downtown area he himself lived in.

But instead of taking the golden opportunity of just walking away himself and forgetting it ever happened, he did something stupid he would probably regret: he headed after her swiftly and somewhat urgently. "H-Hey, wait," he called. Exercise really wasn't something he did, hence his short breath and reddened cheeks once catching up to the woman. "H-He told you it was fake? N-No, no. We just argued, and I... I said some dumb things about dumping him, so I guess he said that to not admit to you what happened. I... I really love Bellamy, I didn't mean to hurt him," he said convincingly, and with a quiet smile down to the girl in the stroller. "I'm bipolar, so my mood sometimes gets... out of control, but... I'm still with Bellamy, it's not over, and it's not fake, so... tell him that I love him and that... uh... maybe I can come over for dinner at some point?" He smiled wider, glancing to Lily who wandered over but kept her shock to herself. Frankly, he felt angry with himself for suggesting it all, getting himself deeper into the charade, but if it helped Bellamy out after being so horrible to him, then perhaps it was worth it. "Or Bellamy could come over mine, but my parents aren't... nice. They're not like you. I wish they were, but... I don't want Bellamy meeting them."​

Caryn retook out the bud in surprise as she watched the teenager would catch up with her in the corner of her eye and she looked at him in confusion, "Yes?" Unlike Lily, she wouldn't keep the surprise to herself and her eyebrows would raise at his statement, "That's not like my son to do.." It was obvious she believed him, since she found him an honest boy, "Well, you should clear that to Bella, excuse me, Bellamy then. He's told me this a couple days ago. I don't think he knows you didn't mean it.."

Alyssa grinned up to Foster and Lily and gave a happy wave, squealing. "But ah, as for dinner..we can do that. And oh? I see..that does make sense. Actually..if you and your siblings would like and if you get permission from your parents, we're going to a water park that one of my daughters' own next weekend. But it's completely up to you all whether or not you'd like to come, parents or not. Even if not because you barely know us, understandable at the least, but dinner will still be on. What day would be good for you to come over? Whenever you like." It was kind of an out of a blue suggestion, but Sabrina was more than used to her display of impulsive givingness and discreet affection.

"We'd love to come to a water park-- I mean, if you're really sure you want us there~" Lily beamed deciding to interject before her brother typically refused the offer, to just spend no time with Bellamy's family, but what did he expect when he ran after Caryn and claimed that he was still with her son and in love with him? He got himself into it, and Lily was happy to just reap the effects, given she did like Bellamy at least. "We both have twins, so it'll be a bit hectic, but we'd love to come. Our parents won't mind, really. They'll be glad to have us out the house, so they can go out and drink guilt-free."

"We'll still have to ask." Foster replied quickly, watching his sister go all gooey-eyed and smiley over the sight of the child in the pram, while he stiffly smiled. Children really weren't his forte, having had no experience with them at all. "...I'd love to come for dinner, though," he sighed, realising the mess he got himself in but he was happy to carry it out for a few weeks until then dumping Bellamy - all pretend, of course. "Oh! Uh... Bellamy's at yours, he... got hurt at school," he quickly babbled, biting on his lip anxiously. "I thought you should know so you don't get shocked, or in case he tries hiding it... I... was gonna help, but I guess he's annoyed at me for arguing with him. It's typical relationship stuff."​

"I'd be happy to have more people there, the more the better. I'll have my van, my wife will have her truck, and Bellamy will have to ride his motorcycle over there since they'll be no room." She chuckled wholeheartedly at that fact, "My wife has a pair of twins herself and I have Bellamy, Lucy, and this little one here is Alyssa." She frowned at her reasoning of them being glad to have them out of the house and nodded in agreement to Foster, "Do that first just in case, alright?"

Nodding in response, she smiled broadly, "Then I'll expect you soon then. And he is, hm?" Caryn gave a look around and spoke, "He didn't come this way..he went to his apartment. Not my home. My son is a stubborn boy. When he needs help, he'll come to me. Or he'll be smart and go to the hospital. I think he'll be fine..but I'll call him in a bit, thank you. He probably would've never told me if you hadn't. He doesn't want me to worry. And he was at school today? I thought he was going to be too busy to go because of work this week. Huh. I guess he had time to spare.."

"He... sorta came to buy me a milkshake," he cringed, now feeling twice as worse as he did before, because only when really engaging with his mother did the shapeshifter really see that, in truth, Bellamy was a good guy. That didn't mean he wanted to really be friends with him, because of the whole distrust of other people thing, but he could at least... pretend to date him for a while, to help him out, right?

"I'll, uh... If he isn't at school tomorrow, then my address is 15 Redgrove Estate, so... you can pick me up for dinner then. I don't really want you bumping into my parents, s-so if Bellamy comes to get me, that'd be cool," he murmured, fiddling with the long sleeves that easily fell over his hands. "Thanks, though. I... I'll take my medication so I shouldn't be so much of an ass to Bellamy, I guess."​

Caryn cocked her head, going, "Oh. Really? That was sweet of him..but surprising to me a little. He's been working twice as hard lately to pay all of his bills because his landlord changed everything on him. That's why he was out with me the other day, he needed a few groceries. But he never told me what to get since he's left with you. Ah well. I still got some for him." She smiled softly, before watching Alyssa yawn tiredly, hiding her face under her blankie.

"I'll tell him to come pick you up if that's who you want. Just expect to have to ride a motorcycle. Or I can just catch him before than to get him to take my wife's truck? Just in case he doesn't show up at the school, alright? And I think he's been handling it pretty well despite the whole..breakup thing. From what I've heard or seen. So only if that's what you want to do." the woman smiled softly and glanced down again to see the toddler was asleep easily, sucking on her pacifier in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.