Dynasties: Final Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DurkPut

Original poster
banner_by_lunaticlenny-dbpwxd1.png

Story
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a time long ago gods and goddesses watched over the people of the land, always keeping an eye on things but never interfering themselves. There were eight of them that held varying powers; Shui the Goddess of Water, Diqui the Goddess of Earth, Kongqui the God of Air, Huo the God of Fire, Bing the Goddess of Ice, Shandian the God of Lighting, and the most powerful of them all Guang the God of Light and Heiyan the Goddess of Darkness. They for the most part would ensure the lands prospered and life continued on in their own ways but occasionally they would have their disagreements which inevitably brought the people into the fray. The most troublesome of the lot was Heiyan, who never seemed to have the interest of the people in mind and was always causing trouble.

Over time she would cause grief in various ways, however she finally escalated in her tactics when she decided to plunge the world into eternal darkness. As she used their powers she caused destruction and ruin which called for the other gods to take action. However, they were forbidden to ever directly take action for after much thought one of them came up with a plan: to pick a human worthy enough and make them their champions. They put the plan into effect right away, however they soon found the Humans of their lands weren’t capable of beholding such responsibilities. They’re bodies were simply too weak to contain such power or they were eventually driven mad by it. As it seemed they would have to watch their sister continue to commit acts against the people they loved they came up with a new plan to find humans that were perhaps stronger and more resilient, however they would be from another era. Combining their powers they were able to bring forth their champions from the future and quickly after the land returned to peace. However not all was well as their champions were unable to ever return home and were to forever remain in this time lest their return somehow broke the world as they knew it. The gods were kind however and continued to bless them with their power, leading them on to be known as nobility with one even becoming emperor.

Centuries later whenever another catastrophe struck the land they Gods and Goddesses returned to find aid in their champion’s descendants. Though they did possess abilities few had the gift of natural strength their predecessors had as many of them went on to wed people of this time rather than their own. As such, each time war would rage between the gods they would have to call upon new champions. Eleven major wars between the gods had happened since them, which the humans marked as dynasties. Another one is on the verge of occurring however, this one feels like the war to end all wars.

g_banner_by_lunaticlenny-dbpx22i.png

Overview___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello and thank you for taking interest in my little idea! As you might have gleaned from the blurb above this is about champions being chosen by the gods to return the land to normal by defeating Heiyan and ending corruption in the land. Which to spice things up, the setting of the story is actually in China! I felt like Japan got a lot of love and their other Asian cousins got swept under the bus so here’s to that. Your characters per the story can be from the future at any point in time (could be modern times to WW2; whatever you can think of) or they could be from this time period, however if they are they won’t be able to become a champion.

As you sign up for the RP, depending how people take interest you may not be guaranteed for your character to be a champion. Even mine won’t be guaranteed. You do not claim which you’d like to serve but rather your character is chosen if they display the skill and talent as well as their interests naturally aligning to their patron. Because of this whenever characters start being made champions I won’t automatically force mine to be one because there could be someone better suited for the role and they’d be out of luck because I was selfish. If you don’t want to play with chance you can always make your character the descendant of a pre existing one.

I'm not really really expecting a certain amount of people to take interest nor planning on capping how many people can join so if you comment below then I'll start posting more information and making plans to put the story into action! If you have any further questions feel free to ask! I feel as though I didn’t explain enough. Any questions asked I will post here along with the answers here so you or anyone else don't have to go looking around for said posts.

Now if a character is not a champion but is a descendant of one would they still carry a weaker version of their ancestors gift

Now if a character is not a champion but is a descendant of one would they still carry a weaker version of their ancestors gift

Technically yes, but I was thinking of deciding that based on a dice roll so your character could possibly even be more more powerful than thier descendant.

I think I might be interested in this. Will more of the lore be explained before or during play?

I think I might be interested in this. Will more of the lore be explained before or during play?

Yeah I plan to explain it much more I just wanted to see if people were actually interested first before I type it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.