Dying Days of Piracy

Cephas stood there, watching the two in what seemed a tender moment and his mind had traveled back in time. Reminding him of when Victor had tried to save his crew, laying upon the deck as the waves tossed the ship about like a toy, the roar of a sea monster echoing amongst the sounds of thunder that clashed all around them, the snapping of bones as Victor's serpent was killed. Kasai had looked so small and helpless as she clung to her dying father, trying to heal him as she sobbed, screaming when Cephas grabbed her to pull her away. Victor's voice telling them to leave, for Cephas to get Kasai far away and to somewhere safe, Kasai screaming that it was all going to be fine and they would all survive as her father smiled and said goodbye with his last breath. After that, Kasai was limp in his arms, even when he jumped over board and turned into a dolphin to drag her to safety. At the sound of another voice did Cephas snap from his memories and thoughts, looking at the new woman as she spoke.

When her eyes fell on him, Cephas only glared daggers at her as he felt odd under her gaze, something feeling off about her. He moved back toward the ocean as he could feel the ocean gently crashing at his boots, welcoming the Bota back as he was ready to run back to the ocean for safety.

"Oi! I wasn't gonna let him just die! I've seen to many die as of late." Cephas seemed to growl the words out, racing over to help Emily as she tried to carry Salazar, his eyes never leaving Mary. She was a witch of some kind, one that he had never met before and one that was looking to start trouble as it was.

Last edited:
"I do not believe I can simply allow you to leave. Someone caused the chaos at the Inn earlier and they nust certainly pay for it. We cannot allow chaos and if you know my stories then you know why I am here. I'm looking for the person who caused the problem and my clues continually lead to you." She walked in front of the three as she turned to face them.

"I can offer you a certain deal though. I'm not lying that where I am taking you is dangerous but keep in mind, this entire island is. Even if you take him out to sea, someone in his state will likely not survive. No matter the herbs you give him or how you treat him. I'm trying to see into his mind and I can feel it slowly fading with each fleeting moment. Becoming easier to crack and easier to read. If it becomes to simply he will never wake up again. I can assure you that brains are a fascinating thing." She brought herself up close to Emily as she placed her head between Salazar and her own.

"I'm offering you a deal. Even if this place is dangerous we have doctors here. People who are very well acquainted with trauma like he is suffering here. They can keep him alive but in return we need you. One life for another and I can even allow you to stay with him as they heal him. Though, I'll be watching as well. Don't need you murdering my doctors the way you killed those people at the bar. I've seen that it was your idiotic friends fault though. I'm certain nothing will happen to you from this incident. Though, there are many others I feel you need to answer too." She pulled away as she turned towards Cephas as her eyes glazed over him. Taking a quick look before deciding to make him an example.

He could feel something as if it was invading the back of his neck. A sharp piercing pain as his head began to throb. His breathing began to quicken as his heart began to pulse irregularly. It felt as if tiny needles were slowly prodding at the back of his brain. Carefully testing this important organ as he could feel muscles convulse and tense as she continued her invasive procedure.

"If you haven't noticed Em. This is not a place of pleasure. It is one to drown sorrows and I for one, am curious to know what your interpretation of hell to be. I think it is this place we live in, I believe we are already being punished for bad deeds. A place where dead men live, violence thrives and greed is king. It certainly sounds like damnation to me. So will you take my deal? Or instead, how much hell do you wish me to show you on this fine night?" She pulled a flintlock pistol from between her breasts as she aimed it straight towards Salazar's still body. She was clearly not intending to kill Em but as she revealed now. She would harm everyone around her before bringing her in. All she awaited for was the words or the actions to confirm whatever choice she wanted. She seemed eager for both but as her mind remained focus on either. The sudden force of a shadow was immediately upon her as she only had a few short moments to think.

The panic was sudden as she stared into the wide open maw of some beast. Its teeth layered in uneven rows as their jagged sharpness was clearly on display. She desperately tried to fire her shot, knowing not much else to do. As she quickly lost all sense of feeling as the jaws crunched roughly around her arm.

It was quickly replaced with a violent jolt of pain as she felt the teeth rip her arm from her body. Taking the chunk of meat as she slid across the sand. Holding the mangled remains of flesh and bone as she stared in the direction of what caused this.

A man was standing near the sea as a few goldfish swam playfully around him. The shark itself hovering over him as he began to swallow the catch it made. Hungrily devouring it before slowly changing into one of the smaller fish as it began to gently float around him.

443048bcd08bf467a60cecf79508a7ce-1.jpg

'A Seishin.' The witch growled as she looked over at her wound and began to seal it quickly as she looked him over. He seemed in no better shape than Salazar and it seemed a miracle that he was even walking. His elegant features were contradicted by the severe wounds that covered him. They didn't seem like they were bleeding anymore but as the man walked it was clear he was in no better shape. He looked towards Em before looking at Salazar and then the witch.

The witch seemed undoubtedly pissed as she stared at them all. Even despite lacking an arm she seemed eager to kill them all as she kept her vision on them all.

"Is this the deal?" She demanded as she turned towards Em giving her this one last chance of an offer.

(@Kat , @KasaiVictoriano )

Blastin' Arthur Dineah

interacting with Benjamin, Dea and Kasai

Arthur was in a real pickle. This wasn't in any of the stories the old pirate told him about, he never heard of any pirates getting caught and sold as a Slave only of the swashbuckling and sea faring. He hung his head as the old man continued talking, he tossed papers at them as he looked he could see his own name. He swallowed the lump in his through as he tried his best to stay calm. He knew he just needed a moment, just one. He would be able to light anyone on fire and make a run for it. As he was thinking of making a run for it he felt something wrap around him, it was wet and slimy. It was like a tentacle, it seemed to stretch and wrap itself all over his body, it even felt as if it went in his head. "what...Is that?" he asked as it suddently stopped. One look at the old man's face told Arthur he was in over his head. "damn."

He was then forced to his feet and shackled with the others. He followed, he was still planning on escaping but first he needed heat. As benjamin was distracted he took in a deep breath and started to focus heat on the chain, however nothing happened. "what the?" he was interupted by the other prisoner Dea, who was pissed that they were captives and the other female Kasai was allowed to go free. "relax i'll get us out of this, i mean eventually, i can't seem to get my magic to." just as he was struggling she mentioned the irons were enchanted and restricted their powers. "damn, damn it all." he said under his breath. The Kasai woman arrived and offered sweet words to him all while keeping a tough look to their captives. She must have a plan, Arthur thought he should have faith in his fellow pirate, it was his only option at this point. "i'll follow your lead." he said under his breath while keeping the act of looking depressed up. "get these cuffs off of me and i can blast us out of here." he whispered quietly as they were about to approach another to free Dea.

Hatice

The rattling of chains and pounding of footsteps woke Hatice from her light dream. It was positive; her dancing in a field of flowers– but the fake and longing truth of the dream was immediately disengaged by reality. She stirred silently, groggy, and an unpleasant smell met her nose.

"Wake up!" A man shouted, banging on a tin bell with a metal spoon. She placed her hands over her ears. "Wake up, wake up! We're here."

The overcrowded cargo room stirred and moved as nearly six hundred women and men began to file out of the space, though painfully so. There was hardly room to move and the ship loomed with dirty water, fresh dead bodies, and vomit. Hatice had survived another day, but she had also been one of those unfortunate ones to experience the horror of seasickness in an extremely tight space with no one to confide in.

She wiped away the oncoming tears and moved in silence as the night air soon greeted her like a long lost friend. She was immediately reminded of the situation she was in when an intimidating man approached her and asked for her name. So much for experiencing an initial moment of peace with the full moon out. She didn't say anything and the man growled in frustration before popping her on the side of the head.

"I asked you your name, woman!"

"Hatice," she responded in a low tone.

"What is it?"

"Hatice," she strained out.

"Good. Move along."

After she had her arms, legs, and face scrubbed free of dirt and dust, Hatice was forced into a cage, pressed against the wooden bars as her chains wore down her ankles and wrists. The cage was a much better improvement compared to the space she'd been located in, at least. She had some room to breathe and move. The night air was soothing as well, though also kind of gloomy.

When the cart lurched forward, Hatice sank down to the floor of the cart, nauseous and lightheaded from the sudden movements she'd had to partake in. Hatice had no idea where she would go or who she would be sold to… The things they would make her do…

As she observed the area, scantily clad women appeared and vendors with rotten teeth and grizzly smiles came into view. The cart came to a sudden stop and Hatice spit out some acidic bile that rose in her throat. She leaned against the wooden cage and rested her eyes for but a moment when something sharp stung her knuckles. She flinched when the man screamed at her to stand up and look lively. How could she when she felt dead?

She made herself stand up out of fear, but still leaned against the cage for support. At least the man would not bother her now as some men professionally dressed in well fitting attire came to observe and ask questions about some of the twenty women in the cage on the way towards Wallace's extravagant home, Hatice included.

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Gunpowder fury sparked within the glassy lenses of the deadman's eyes as the lawman spoke, his jaw clenching stony teeth beneath the cold layer of flesh that seemed like a mask over his skull.

"Ye've nice manners for a liar," Flynt's voice sounded like a death rattle echoing out of his bottomless well of a throat, "A swing in a gibbet is the only thing ye'll lead me to." His parrot puffed up what little plumage clung to it, muttering in an agitated way to itself as the pirate stepped closer to Wallace. His sword still hung from his hand, its tip leaving a deep furrow in the floor as he dragged it along. "Yer no lawman. There be but one law in Tortuga, and I'm holding it." A flick of his bony wrist pulled his blade from the floor and pointed it at Wallace. "I'll be charitable and ask ye once, to return those scalawags ye've shipped to the docks. No doubt they deserve it, but I won't stand for the theft of my crew."

Emily

Mary was certainly frustrating… and quite inconsiderate. She had no faith and all she wanted was to put Emily and the others down. She glared at the woman as she spoke. The attempt to make a sound deal was not on Emily's to do list in any way shape or form. She was exhausted and Mary had a way of continuing to push her buttons and twist her thoughts. They had doctors, which was wonderful, but if they were willing to look at Salazar, there was no way she'd outright kill them. Emily was about to open her mouth when Mary suddenly panicked and a large shark appeared in front of her. Emily staggered back, shocked at the turn of events.

The shark dragged Mary across the sand and ripped the woman's arm off. While Emily was silently thankful, she could not get over the strange, horrifying feat of Mary's arm now having disappeared from her body and the shark quickly converting back into a goldfish. Emily swallowed hard as the elegant man walked over to her and glanced between both parties. Now that Mary's arm was off and her gun tossed to the side, Emily pulled out her own gun on Mary.

"How about I make you a deal and you agree to my terms? It's three against one now. I can easily shoot you in the skull with how close you are and I'm sure the shark would be eager to rip you limb from limb. You come with us willingly as our prisoner, show us where the doctor is, and I will talk to the man you want me to see, as long as he meets me at the doctor's office. No one is allowed to touch you or take you away without my say so. What do you say?"

She knew Wallace was the person who patrolled and oversaw this island; she'd just never seen him before.

"If we need busting out, I got a sea serpent who would be happy to help us out of this mess. Ain't that right, Adam?" The woman whispered at Auther softly. Kasai looked over at the man with a glimmer in her eye and a smile stretching along her lips. The tattoo moved along her body, it's eyes pointed at Auther with a look of daggers as the ink hissed loudly at him, showing that he wasn't happy with the situation that Kasai had gotten herself into. "Just stay calm and trust Wallace for now. If he has something up his sleeve than we'll know sooner than later. If not, than may whatever Gods they believe in have mercy on them."

Cephas gritted his teeth at the looks of trouble, he had a feeling in his gut that she wasn't to be trust in any way. He almost wanted to let a growl out when she looked his way. He felt something on the back of his neck. A sharp piercing pain as his head began to throb. His breathing began to quicken and his heart started to beat as if it was trying to escape his chest.It felt as if tiny needles were slowly prodding at the back of his brain and his body was nothing more than pain as he crumpled to the sand, unable to make a sound or utter a word. Thankfully it didn't last long as a shark had appeared out of nowhere, ripping the women's arm off and the dolphin gasped for air.

Cephas quickly scrambled back to his feet as he watched Mary closely, glancing at the stranger with a questioning look on his fac,e, but not uttering a word.

Reactions: junebug