5. Advanced
  6. Prestige
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
8b217ab51ea7fb61e8cf32b1bb3efa77.jpg

“Do you honestly believe that any one of us have a chance?”

The words lightly touched upon his ears as he almost believed he had imagined them. Turning towards the source, as his dull grey eyes met the pair that spoke them. The sea green eyes staring back at him as bloodied red hair fell around her face. Her vest following suit as the only diffusion of color were the white sailor pants that conformed to her figure. Her eyes rested upon him curiously as she seemed eager for his answer. Her pale white skin gleaming under the moonlight as he pondered her question.

They had finally reached the port of Tortuga after two days of sailing. Harassed by the local guards, they were forced to await the greetings of the governor. The news of an elegant Spanish ship was making its way through the area. War was upon empires and the French were looking to take control of said realm. Luckily though, this governor was a friend to marauders and pirates alike as the four few began to settle the ship into its dock.

“We all experienced the horror of Port Royale. Do you believe I can guarantee you anything after that? We were simply fortunate and depending on how much luck God has offered us it may as quickly end here." He proceeded to help her as the two grabbed onto the thick hemp ropes that were tied upon the ship. Pulling with their might as they proceeded to tie the rope around one of the many posts among the dock. The witch herself using her magic as the rope slithered and writhed as it pulled itself upon its post.

“The empires tend to treat their conquered women the same out here as they do within their prisons. I can hardly tell the difference. Oh, but do tell your God that the next time they bestow us good fortune, that they place our escape ship closer to shore. We were lucky it wasn't fully manned and even then, wasn't bloody easy taking it.” She spat as the tattoos of her body began to shift and move. Dancing upon her skin as the compass on her shoulder began to rotate rapidly.

"I'll offer you a drink once we enter the city. I have to at least offer you thanks for what you did for that one gentlemen of our group. Deadmen are not necessarily uncommon but we certainly don't need any more attention.” The woman seemed pleased by this as she looked across at the guards at the end of the dock. They awaited patiently as they held rifles aimed at the pair.

The group would eventually break as an elegantly dressed man pushed his way through. Unhappily waving them off as he pushed their rifles away from the two.

George_Francis_Joseph_-_Sir_Thomas_Stamford_Bingley_Raffles.jpg

“Ah, Salazar, I was curious to whom this Spanish ship belonged to. I imagine you already know of the war brewing?” The man reached forward as he offered his hand as Salazar proceeded to shake it. Dea seemed slightly perplexed before doing the same to this unknown man.

“My, you are quite the young one. I am pleased that Salazar has not followed in the foul play that many pirates seem plagued with." The man continued as Dea's eyes narrowed.

“We aren’t together.” The captains voiced in unison as it gave the Frenchmen a laugh.

“Its alright, I understand the privacy of your trade but I swear some pirates go through the treachery of marrying other men. The scoundrels! Can you believe such actions? Though, luckily for us, we have had good relations with the Ottomans recently and I have been able to collaborate a deal with them. The Mohammedans are known for their abundance of harems and they have gifted me aplenty to satisfy these tortured souls. I understand Barbary but we are nothing like anima-!”

“Governor," The Spanish man stared upon the governor as his words cut the air like a sharp knife. "Port Royal no longer stands." Salazar didn't seem to particularly care about the ramblings coming from the french man's mouth. He awaited for the response as the elegant man seemed astonished.

"Excuse me...? Could you repeat those words?" The man asked as he looked at the pair this time in a much more serious tone and manner.

"The British have accomplished what they always have. They filled the town with cannon fire and I believe all that is left is the few of us that were able to escape as the Spanish came to challenge them." Salazar responded as the man looked to see if there was any hint of lying, as if trying to find any reason not to trust him. He breathed a long sigh before walking towards his troops.

"Adrian Tremaux. I am the governor of this island." He looked towards the red headed woman as he proceeded to walk towards his soldiers. "I apologize once again for not introducing myself sooner but I promise we shall learn more about one another on a different day. I welcome you both to Tortuga." He waived them off as he began to shout at his soldiers, giving them orders as he demanded them to increase the size of their fleets.

"Seems like even he was taking the murmurings of war lightly." She frowned as she looked across at the town. "It seems many people believe we are a worlds away from all the problems the old world suffers."

(@Kat , @Ygor's Revenge , @Kurogane86 , @BookDragon )

Last edited:
The thud of a heavy leather boot echoed out on the moonlit deck from behind Salazar and Dea. Another followed, and then another as a figure strolled over brine-soaked timber toward them. An icy shadow crawled ahead of it, stretching as long and lank as a fallen tree in the dead of winter across the deck.

"The problems will follow, they always do," The words rang out like the peal of a monstrous bell tolling away under the sea, rust flaking from its dark depths with every swing, "Sooner, rather than later, I'd wager."

Captain Samuel Flynt scowled as his stone-grey eyes followed the governor down the docks. His long hawkish nose and sharp featured face melded in the dark with the forked peak of his hat to give the illusion of a devil clad in tattered, storm-colored clothes. His great blue coat hung like leprous wings wrapped around his towering frame. A mangy parrot with rotten moss-colored feathers clung to his shoulder, peering out at the world with filmed yellow eyes.

"He won't stand a chance when it arrives."

The sight of new ships at port had the young women's heart flutter in her chest. She had been stranded on the island for over three months, she couldn't stand it much longer. Life wasn't bad for Kasai, but it wasn't the life she wanted at all. She missed the motion of the boat at night when she slept, the thrill of another ship being overrun by other pirates, the fresh ocean salt air running through her hair, she missed it all. As soon as she saw the ship's she was at the port, smiling to herself as the Mayor passed her and started barking at his soldiers, making her curious as to what the captain had told him.

The serpent on her skin moved about, peeking its head along her neck to see what excitement was going on as it gave a soft low hiss, watching the three closely as Kasai moved boldly up to Salazar and Dea. Nervousness crawled along her back as she moved, wishing she had thought this part through much better as she had no idea on what to say.

"Hello." She began, shyly smiling and hoping that her charms would help get her through this. "Kasai, Kasai Victoriano at your service. Are you looking for more hands on your ship?"

Her shy smile seemed to grow with hope, showing off her unnatural sharp teeth and eyes lighting with thoughts of being at sea once again. "I can do anything you need, cooking, cleaning, fighting, anything." She spoke, trying to think of anything she can to sell herself to the captain.

The tattoo moved slowly from the side of the young women's neck as it was now resting its head at her collarbone, watching the two and glaring at the captain. Kasai not noticing the artwork until it let out a soft huff, causing the pirate to look down. "Hush, you. You don't get a say in this."

rWhmcq.jpg

Emily “Em” Becker

The Red Dragon Inn was filled with rowdy drunkards and pompous nose pickers. The clash of drinks, screams of horror at murderous tales, and the occasional thief— it was all too familiar to Em. For the last few years, she’d found hiding in Tortuga to be, quite simply, one of the best decisions she’d ever made. After a mysterious captain— one people knew by “Greenskin”— saved her out of pity (most likely, as all men pitied women) from pillage, she’d been on the lookout for him, not that she really knew or understood where he’d go or who he’d be the next time she saw him— that was, if she ever saw him.

It’d only been… five years. She was supposed to be a tough woman, out on her own, but in that time… All she’d been was just another baker’s daughter. She’d moved out of the house by eighteen and set off to do her own thing and live life her own way. It wasn’t cut out for her; being alone, surviving on her own… not until a couple years later when she’d stowed away on a ship and had her ass handed to her harder than she could imagine. She smiled and put her pistol to her head. Everyone around the large round table in the corner— not more than ten patrons— watched with bated breath.

Would she die or would she live? No one knew, not even Em herself.

Russian Roulette was a perfect way to spend the night. Em pulled the trigger of the gun. All that came was the sound of a click and after a creepy silence settled for a few moments, one of the men started to laugh and others joined in. Em joined as well, laughing as she slid the gun across the table and grinned, “Let’s switch things up a bit. Henry, please do the honors, then, should you still be alive— you may pass to someone else other than me instead of the person beside you. Once everyone’s gone, we can start again with whoever the last person to hold the gun was and vice versa. How does that sound?”

“Sounds risky, aye mate,” Henry concluded, twirling the pistol on his finger. He stopped and put her gun to his head. “But I like me risks. Count me in.”

One, two… Click.

“God, you’re good at this damn game, son!” One of the pirates exclaimed boisterously.

Henry passed the pistol to Serah, the woman sitting next to Em on her left side and Em leaned forward, eager to see what her pistol had in mind for Serah. The woman with the golden teeth and dreadlocks chuckled a bit and eyed the fine gun before putting it to her head.

“If this pistol blows me brains out, I’m gon’ go after all of ye,” Serah spoke in a low, threatening voice. Em fought hard not to lick her lips in anticipation. There wouldn’t be a Serah after this… There wouldn’t be a Serah at all, especially after she’d exposed Em and almost showcased her little secrets.

Bang. The pistol clattered to the floor and Serah’s body at Em’s feet. Em couldn’t have another enemy crossing the line. Serah had walked a fine line; This was her punishment for causing civil unrest and treating her unjustly. Pirates went after those who they felt betrayed them, who they knew without a doubt were no good for their land, and that was how Em operated. Without remorse.

Everyone was silent as Em stood up and put her pistol back in her holster, “Shame she’s dead. She never was good at this whole taking risks thing.”

“Poor Serah,” another muttered.

“Well boys, the game’s ended. I must be on my way,” Em explained and pulled on her dusty black coat. “Anyone’s free to loot this bitch up. I’ve got enough coin on me for the next few nights.”

A drink slammed on the table.

“No,” A London accent arose, irritated with the situation, it seemed. The man looked like he hadn’t shaved his goatee yet like he usually did every day; Aamon.

Em smiled, “Excuse me?”

“You’re not fookin’ leaving Emily. You wanna know why?” He pulled out his cigar from his mouth and pulled his own gun on Em. “You’ve made a terrible mistake.”

“Oh? I made the mistake of allowing Serah in when all the men wanted her to play? It seems you are making the mistake, Aamon. I’ve done nothing but sit and play with everyone. Serah played of her own volition, her own personal choice. I’m sure she’s content wherever she’s at.”

“You forget navigator,” Aamon scowled and shook his pistol at her. “I’m a first mate and Serah was our doctor on our fookin’ ship. You fookin’ ruined her, you senseless—!”

Em’s hand went for her own gun at the waist, “I don’t see the proof, Aamon. Lower your gun down or I’ll make you wish you’d stayed with your mother when she left you.”

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that, you son of a—!”

A shot fired and Em laughed as she felt a searing pain brush across her neck, “God, Aamon, you fucking cunt!”

A bullet had grazed her skin. She immediately raised her gun and shot right in the middle of his forehead. It landed crystal clear and Aamon fell back.

Another shot fired, just like fireworks in her ears. Em’s hand went to her neck. It had bled quite a bit and soon enough, everyone around the table were turning backs against each other, landing more fists than guns, but shots nonetheless. A man came at Em from the side with his fist and she turned immediately to deliver a nice, well thought blow to his package. No doubt there would be bruising now and the fight had only just begun.

Reactions: TheDevil'sGame
Salazar turned to meet the voice that accompanied them. His skeleton figure was hidden underneath a dense coat of flesh. He looked much better than his previous showing as even Salazar had thought him to be a dead corpse within the prisons they were held in. The Dead Men were an extraordinary phenomenon and it had created a demand for cremation as people were beginning to be afraid of their dead.

"I believe you'll be surprised of that particular Frenchman. Knowing his father, he must have at least inherited some good things from that man. He is at least no good friend to redcoats and his ability to be involved in everything makes him at least a friend of ours." Salazar looked towards the mountains that ran alongside the cove. The lighting of fires could be seen in the distance as they could see French soldiers running along the streets.

"As you can see, he takes his job incredibly seriously especially if it involves his own safety."

French shops began to leave the dock as soldiers began to position at their posts. Supplies were being quickly hoisted up rope as numerous amounts of cannoballs made their ways about said ships.

Dea noticed a woman who had been eying their group. Her own tattoos shifting and moving as she silently nudged Samuel and Salazar. They watched as the woman approached them. Her shyness apparent as Dea looked upon her curiously.

"Hello, Kasai, Kasai Victoriano at your service. Are you looking for more hands on your ship?"

Dea was perplexed as the other two gave curious looks as to why she had come to offer herself up to a few strangers. Not only that but offering herself on such dangerous business was certainly not common, even rare. Dea seemed eager to play along though as she was the first to respond.

"Ah, yes, a witch could most certainly always use more hands." She reached out as she delicately took the woman's palm within her own. She retrieved a long narrow blade from her hip as she gently placed its sharpened edge upon her wrist. "So how much you willing to give? Shall I take both hands or do you need one for later?"

The witch was happily awaiting an answer as her face was suddenly pushed away by the pirate alongside her. A few obscenities escaped his lips as he kept her at bay.

"I apologize for this one. We found her in a cage and had the sympathies of letting her free." Salazar responded as he focused his attention on the woman. "You can call me Salazar and this man beside me is known as Flynt. Finally, that close representation of a woman over there is known as Dea."

"Ah fuck you, do you know how difficult it is to get a hold of hands!? Easier to get a monkey's paw or a pirates foot than to get something as fresh as that!" She cursed back as she slid her knife back into its sheath. Grumbling unhappily as Salazar introduced the trio.

They listened to the rest of her words as the witch suddenly became hopeful again before Salazar killed any hope of her taking advantage of the situation.

"You can join us but we will need to have a vote between the four of us to decide in who shall come with us. One more of us is on board guarding the ship and I have reason to trust in them keeping guard of it as we find others to join us. You may tag along if you wish to be a part. The only thing we can guarantee is every split will be fair and every one will have a vote." Salazar looked upon the woman as he then proceeded to walk into town.

Dea kept her eyes on the woman's tattoo as she seemed particularly interest in the serpent. Keeping her eyes glazed upon the snake as her own tattoos began to dance across her skin. She proceeded to walk past her as she followed Salazar into the depths of the city.

"Be careful sea snake. Now's not a good time to be a pirate." The whisper of these words barely caught her ears as the pirate walked past her. Potentially testing or warning Kasai and seeing how this person would respond.

---

The gunshot echoed as French soldiers looked up from positions. They were already tensed with the information they retrieved but they knew a single gunshot was not likely an invasion by the Les Goddams. If the British were invading it would be by cannonfire.

"Damn drunkards again. As long as they kill each other doesn't matter what they do." A french soldier spat as the pair of pirate captains walked by.

Another shot rang throughout the air as it quickly was followed by another. This only excited the witch as she quickly led them towards the disturbance. Not knowing if Flynt or Kasai had even followed.

"You hear that Greeny? That's the sound of good rum. We can likely find some good people there." She responded as the ruckus and noise of a brawl began to clearly make it's way to the streets as they looked upon the name of the building.

Red Dragon Inn.

It sounded like a full blown brawl at this point and Salazar was beginning to believe if it was even worth staying next to this witch who seemed to attract nothing but trouble.

She was eager and he had promised her and he knew that even if he recommended some other area the witch would never make a change.

He pulled a pistol from his vest as he quickly inspected its condition as their looted weapons still had yet to see much use. He didn't have much time to prepare as the Dea suddenly yanked open the door to watch two burly men suddenly collapse on the floor and begin to brutalize one another with their fist.

That was only the beginning though as another shot rang out and exploding a nearby window as the shards of glass scattered throughout the air.

Salazar was not amused as he watched the woman enter into the madness. Watching as a man tackled another into a nearby table. Collapsing it under their sheer weight as another man grabbed a full bottle to crack against another man's head. The viciousness was not unusual and there were already noticeably dead bodies lying upon the ground.

It was only then that Salazar's eyes perked as he noticed someone among all these people.

'Em? It couldn't be.'

Before Salazar could even think he pulled his weapon before him and reached for another pistol at his side. Firing them both off as they found their marks in the man's head as they erupted the contents of his skull all over the floor as they leaned over with their final moments being the kick to the groin that Em had happily offered them.

Another gunshot pierced through the air as Salazar felt his stomach rupture. He grit his teeth and pressed himself against the wall as support as Dea pulled a revolver of her own and fired it in retaliation.

The sound of six rapid gunshots began to fill the inn as her target collapsed to the floor. Focusing on refilling their weapons with her magic she could feel the effects of so many voids within one room. Shaking from the concentration and effort she require to focus.

She began to question if this truly was worth the effort as she felt a blade glide along the crevasse of her back. She was suddenly upon the floor as she felt a hand covering her mouth.

Even though, they had time to recuperate the seriousness of their injuries continued to hamper them. Even with a witch, their bodies were weak from the conditions they were forced in.

Dea used the last of her breath as she exhaled with all her might. Burning her throat as she felt the fire escaping between her teeth.

The flames overwhelmed the man's skin as they melted the flesh to the bone as they screamed and pulled back as she turned to kick the man away. Salazar took his own knife as he proceeded to gut the man from behind as he tossed the dying body beside him.

"Will that rum really be worth it with that burnt mouth of yours?" He asked as he truly wondered what the hell had happened but he was certain it was likely to involve that girl. Woman, now that he thought about it but it had been an ages time but at the moment it wasn't something to think about as the fight brawled on.

(@Ygor's Revenge, @Kat , @KasaiVictoriano )

Kasai looked at the other woman as she spoke and took her had delicately, watching as the other brought a knife to her wrist. Every instinct screaming to retaliate with a knife of her own, but she held herself back, if she fought back the others behind her would fight. Her serpent on the other hand hissed loudly, wrapping himself around her neck and taking the classic 'S' pose as if he was going to peel of her skin and strick Dea. The young woman was about to give a sly comment, but Salazar stepped in and apologized for the other woman.

"Thank you, any longer on land and I think I'll start to go crazy." Kasai told Salazar, giving him a friendly smile as Adam watched the three, his eyes seeming to judge them as he calmed down, not much as the tattoo was still puffed up to look larger and his scales stood slightly up. He stared back at Dea as she spoke and Kasai just smiled politely back at her. "I'd rather die at sea than to live on land for another day."

Kasai followed along with the others, looking over at the Deadman, trying to not making her curiosity known as she looked over at the other captain. The young witch had jumped at the sound of a gunshot, it wasn't an unusual sound, just a bit unexpected at first, she still followed after Dea and her own excitement sent a shiver up her back as the sounds of a brawl came from the Inn. The door was tossed and the madness spilled out. Kasai looked at the two as they entered, soft hissing coming from Adam as she entered, a fist came flying toward her and she dodged it just barely.

A knife had slashed the wrist of the man before he could even register Kasai's hand movements, his eyes grew angry as he moved before Kasai could prepare herself, grabbing her and shoving the woman against the wall, knocking the wind from her lungs and hitting the back of her head. Her vision became blurred, her chest hurt as she took in a deep breath and her eyes narrowed with a deadly glare.

"Little bitch, shouldn't get into fights you can't handle." The husky voice grumbled out, cuasing her to giggle gently at his remark as he looked down at her confused. Despite the fact he was bleeding out, he pinned her arms with his hands and left only one route for her to attack. A cheeky smile appeared on her lips before she shot out like a snake, jaws clamped down on the man's throat as he gave a surprise yell that died as his windpipe was crush. Having an extra pair of canines was useful, biting down harder as her teeth start to grow, canines suddenly becoming more like fangs as they plunged into the man's neck, hitting veins and arteries. Thankfully she had something to bite on as it hurt just a bit, panting heavily to keep from screaming out.

"You shouldn't get into fights you can't handle, sweetheart." She muttered softly as she let go, smiling as she looked into the dying man's eyes. Kasai would easily admit she was somewhat crazy. She wiped the blood from her mouth and face as she glanced to see a few looking at her, leaving her to only smile at them with new long fangs still bloody from the kill. "Who's next?"

A stray bullet suddenly grazed her shoulder, cuasing her to help out in pain and surprise, her free hand moving to grab at the wound to find that it wasn't deep, but it was quite painful. A soft huff came from Adam as his head sat on her chest, watching the fight and waiting for his turn to help.

Blastin' Arthur Dineah
in the Red Dragon inn

The Red Dragon Inn, one of the most dangerous meet up places in Tortuga, or at least that what Arthur was told by the old pirate he met at the witches commune. He Hung out there from time to time when he wasn't busy building explosives for whomever had enough coin. He was upstairs in one of the room finishing up with one of the "working" girls. She finished getting ready and picked up her coins off the nightstand winked at Arthur and walked out. Arthur smiled as he watched her leave to find another "client" he got up looked in the mirror and looked over his body form. It has been a few years now, on his own away from Mother. He looked at Mother's presents the numerous runes carved into his skin and the small jewel embedded in his skull. All these gifts were given to him to help him control his cursed power, another gift from his mother, the power to create and control fire. He was about to adjust the jewel in his eye socket when he heard a gunshot.

He looked at the door smiled and got dressed quickly, he grabbed his small bag of explosives and boots and ran out the room. He looked down and wanted to see where the commotion was coming from, he spotted a young woman being approached by a some pirate types. Arthur smiled as he reached into his bag gripping a stick of dynamite, he placed his thumb and forefinger on the fuse ready to light it. He watched as they exchanged gun fire only for it to end when the old man dropped down dead. "tsk, damn it." he said as he missed his chance to make an entrance. He watched as a fight broke out and his smile returned. "ha, It's a pirate life for Me!" he yelled out as he jumped from the second story into the fray. He landed on some rough looking men and started swinging. "Come Lad's prove your salt." he said as he threw punches into the crowd.

Blastin' Arthur was in full swing having a merry time swinging away at the other patrons. "is that all you got, you bilge rat?" he said as he knocked another man to the ground. He turned to see a tall man swing tword his face. He was sent flying into a table, landing on it and breaking it. "oh." he let out as he picked himself up. "oh, now that's a fight. Come big'un let us go a few rounds." Arthur ran tword his new opponent and landed a blow to his mid section however it didn't do much damage. he ducked a blow and started working the kidneys, still no reaction. "damn." as he was about to move he was picked up and placed in a bear hug. the large man started squeezing the life out of Arthur, "gah, ahh" he yelled out as he felt his body being compressed. "oy" he let out. "it's...my...win." he said as he smiled in the large man's face. he looked confused until he heard that oh so familiar sound of a fuse burning. He looked at Arthur and before he could react. BOOOOOOM! an explosion rocked the building sending the tall man flying into the wall and Arthur into the crowd. Arthur stood up completely untouched by the flames, his runes slightly glowing. "That, was close." he said as he walked to the bar grabbing whatever liquid was available and drinking it. "good times!'' he yelled out as he threw the cup into the crowd.

rWhmcq.jpg

Emily “Em” Becker & Cephas

Tables were knocked down for shelter, people screamed, and everything was a blur like that night when the village had caught on fire and she was left to surrender to the red coats until a man dressed in black and red came along and rescued her and her family. Insults flew her way and gunshots repeated, but all she could think was that she needed to get out. They were coming for her. She blinked and yelled as she brought out her sword on an innocent man and ran the blade through his gut. He was a red coat, just like the rest of them. Emily’s sense of time stopped when an explosion happened nearby. All she understood in that moment was survival and blood. So much blood.

Emily slit another throat and fired a shot. Her face and clothing were splattered with the death of another. People crashed into her suddenly and knocked her up against the wall as they screamed and headed for another victim. A whoosh of air caught her attention as they headed out and she understood that was the way to freedom and a breath of fresh air. Red, red, red. She ran straight for the door and scrambled to get out amongst the others. A breeze hit her face and she ran towards the beachside, stumbling and falling onto her knees as she tried to catch her breath. It was over.

It was all over. She blinked and another flash of red came across her vision. She shook her head and coughed. Her neck still burned so she quickly took her silk sash off and poured some alcohol on it then wrapped the sash around her neck to tighten it and hopefully ensure that the blood stopped pouring from her graze. It was peaceful out on the beach and gave her some time to collect her thoughts and make sense of what was truly going on. The wind blew against her face and she stared out at the water, wondering why she hadn’t drowned at sea yet. The flashes had stopped and all she could see was the bright moon and pitch black water.

The water rippled gently against the moonlight, broken by the sudden jump of a single dolphin that glanced at the town, as if it was looking at how close land was before spinning as it landed in the water. The creature stayed close to the surface, doing small jumps here and there before it disappeared. It was a while before the glossy ocean surface broke once again, this time for a man as he gave a gasp, as the shock of shifting always hurt one way or another. Cephas, breathed deeply as his clothes dropped with the salty ocean water, moving closer to shore with a small smile on his face.

"Well, not everyday is there someone waiting for you on the beach." Cephas spoke, knowing that the woman had to have seen him as came to land. His smile growing bigger as the worry of Kasai beating him to death disappeared and a lovely opportunity sat in front of him in the sand.

"Lovely night for a swim."

Emily glanced up at the male who’d seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He’d been swimming– of course– and she’d be damned if she decided to take him up on his offer. It wasn’t quite the right time though.

“You think I was waiting for you?” she snorted and pulled at the handkerchief around her neck. It was already bothering her. “I don’t wait for strangers and if I were you, I’d back away slowly. I’ve got a pistol on me and I’m not afraid to use it.”

"Woah, I was just joking with ya. A pistol is the least I am worried about, crazy little witch around here with a sea serpent already has dibs to kick my ass in." Cephas told her with laughter in his voice, holding his hands up to show he wasn't a threat as he chuckled to himself before stopping. "You ok there? Looks like you got a nasty wound."

His voice was full of concern, as he was genuinely worried about her, the smile dropped from his face as he looked about the shoreline, watching to see if she had been chased or if danger still lured within the shadows. "That isn't gonna help, looks like it could use a few stitches if you don't want to scar that beautiful skin you got. Same crazy witch can heal you up, make it like it was never there."

He was hoping the offer would get her to lighten up, a bullet wound wasn't something he wanted to worry about, especially since he wasn't going to be on land for a long time. He didn't need to scent of blood attracting sharks.

She pulled off the handkerchief around her neck and let him see the bloodied bullet graze in its entirety. The blood had stopped flowing out of the wound, however, her wound still appeared fairly bad from the lack of care.

He winced at the look of the wound, knowing that it would heal, but scarring would definitely happen. He smiled softly and he moved closer to look.

“It’s just a graze. I was in a fight… Who are you?”

"Cephas, nothing more than a pirate," He told her, obviously not telling the woman about his true nature. "We should find a doctor, or Kasai, if the serpent is still on land." Cephas muttered the last part to himself mostly and he tried to drink the water out of his coat as he had taken it off, showing off scarred muscles decorated with deep black dolphin tattoos. "Now, who are you? If you don't mind me asking."

“Em… Nothing more than a pirate.”

• Bucket of Rainbows
The deadman had largely remained silent since they had begun the journey to the Red Dragon. Every now and then the rotted bird on his shoulder would turn and preen its withered feathers and let a shower of flaking skin fall on the the pirate's tattered coat. The glazed eyes in Flynt's head sparked with life as a shot rang out in the night. His gnarl-knuckled fingers crawled spiderlike to the handle of his cutlass, clinking against the mortuary-banded iron ribs that formed the guard. Blood and thunder silently called his name, growing stronger as they approached the tavern.

Flynt's bird screeched and flapped its wings as they stepped into the tavern, a hot ball of lead soaring beneath its feet into its owner's shoulder. A skeleton's grimace flashed through the graying flesh of the pirate's face as he looked at the smoldering hole in his jacket and gnashed as it looked ahead into the wild mass of drunkards as they threw each other across the room. The ring of a blade exiting its sheath rose over the slurred roaring as Flynt drew his cutlass and began loping through the chaos. Pitted steel flashed every now and then, splattering the floor with blood as it sliced open sun-baked skin and ran through rum-drenched innards.

Salazar could feel each breath invading the lungs in his chest as he proceeded to move swiftly. Ripping a dagger from one person to another as he proceeded to make his way towards the panicking girl. Feeling the rupture of bullets ripping through his flesh as he could feel muscles being torn. Blood beginning to flow freely as his own wounds grew worse as cuts began to decorate his body. The creases in his clothing becoming a deep crimson as the color red soaked into his garments. His bloodied appearance didn’t slow him as he made his way towards Emily. He had finally approached her as he froze, noticing the terror trapped within her eyes as she wildly swung her sword at him.

She tore the blade through his stomach as her body shook in horror. Her frightened movements not directed clearly towards him as she fired a random shot near his face. Metal fragments burning into his cheek as he could taste the gunpowder on his lips. He had barely avoided such a thing and now watched as Em quickly scurried from the chaos. Others attempting to pursue her as he fired his own rounds to fend them off. Wounds slowly appearing upon them as no bullet or sword was needed as the two began to share a large gash upon their abdomens. As their wounds began to mirror one another as they proceeded to collapse towards the floor.

Dea watched this as she stared with careful precision. As the bodies of the dead began to share these same wounds. Others began to exhibit the same laceration clearly imprinted on their belly as the bar began to quiet as she began to pull herself away. She could even feel her own stomach trying to give way as she exited the building and pulled off.

“Get the fuck out of there! Don’t stay in!” She cursed. She hadn’t known what was happening but this was already much more extreme than she hard bargained for. She could only imagine one person being the cause and as she exited the building. She hoped he wouldn’t attract more harm with what he was potentially causing.

---

His vision began to blur as he proceeded to keep pace with Em. His breathing becoming ragged as he coughed more blood from his throat. People kept their distance as they stared at the man. The surprise in their faces at someone capable of moving even in his state seemed to cause alarm. Though, they could feel something grotesque and ugly across their skins as some began to scream and yell as the same wounds began to appear upon their bodies. He eventually found himself at a beach as he noticed the girl sitting upon it.

It had been so long since he had last seen her. Almost as if it had been another lifetime, as he had hoped she would have created a new life. One different than the one he had lived. One that offered nothing but sorrow and one in which torment was common. He saw it in her eyes, knowing she hadn’t deserved to see what she saw. A trauma that could not be undone and one which would follow for the rest of her life.

He didn’t want that for her. The life that he had lived for an exceptionally long time. His thoughts were disrupted as he noticed a man coming from the sea. He wasn’t thinking anymore as he moved towards the two. His mind was rushing as he found himself suddenly near them as the man approached her neck.

The same disgusting feeling began to shroud over Cephas body as his stomach began to grow in pain. This feeling was overwhelming but as soon as it appeared, it vanished. Emily would not feel this sensation as Salazar noticed the wound that was cut into her neck. He reached down, without saying a word as he brushed her hair away and touched the spot with his fingers.

It was sensitive, slightly painful but as he pulled his hand away. Nothing remained upon her neck as he reached up and touched his own neck. The wound she had once worn had now disappeared as the graze appeared upon Salazar's own neck. Making his already beaten appearance hardly worse as a trail of blood clearly followed behind him. Guiding any individuals to the monsters trail as the warmth began to escape his body.

(@Ygor's Revenge , @Kat , @KasaiVictoriano , @Kurogane86 )

Last edited:
  • Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: junebug
af393a24133c3c6d36f4274ac207c81e.jpg

Arthur was suddenly yanked through the wall as a black shadowy substance pulled him from the building. Tossing him towards the floor as a red head was screaming obscenities as she was being apprehended by an older man. He didn't seem amused as he looked over the situation as he noticed Captain Flynt causing more chaos from within the bar. He didn't seem particularly worried as the dead man would not be easy to kill and eliminating the last of the filth was always a positive.

He returned his gaze towards the red head and Arthur as he began to speak. "I am judge, jury and executioner of this island. What you have all caused is panic and mayhem throughout our lovely city. Not only that, but you have damaged a fine establishment that deserves reparations at this point. I don't understand what barbaric regions the lot of you have come from but nothing here is free. We cannot allow such ugly behavior or this place would not exist. So, once our friend kills the rest of those hooligans. May I ask, what you all believe I should do with the lot of you? And since I am asking of you all, who is it that caused this senseless violence?" The old man pulled a gun towards the witches neck as he then looked at Arthur.

"Let us make this quick. I do not know if any of you are involved with one another but I will make these executions swift if I require... Name is Benjamin Wallace and I am what you would call the law of this specific island." A group of men gathered around him all adorned a royal purple with royal purple across their wardrobe. Each of their eyes giving a strange orange glow as they all retained others who were involved within this brawl.

Kasai was among them as the old man made his way towards the woman. His enflamed eyes examining her, as he frowned.

"I remember you Kasai, still haven't found a ship to take you? Is your luck that unfortunate? I am beginning to take pity on your efforts... I shall remain light on you but do not waste my leniency. That monstrous behavior of yours is something you need to keep to yourself. People still fear people like us." He whispered as his men began to examine some of the dead bodies as their eyes glazed over the injuries and wounds. Some were healing others to keep them alive as others began to end the lives of those they believed too far gone.

"I do not recognize many of you so I shall welcome you all, to Tortuga."

Last edited:
  • OMG
Emily “Em” Becker

Tag: @KasaiVictoriano @TheDevil'sGame

Emily was quiet as Cephas examined her wound, opting to move in further next to him so he could see better. She had questions about it, however, before Emily could bring it up, Cephas noticed a man trudging towards the beach. Emily turned around and but a moment later, the man reached out, brushed her hair away, and touched her neck. Emily inhaled a sharp breath, hands clasping around her weapon as she felt another small sting happen when she stepped back and pulled out her sword on the stranger. It was then that she noticed something familiar about him… lying there in cold blood. Emily immediately put her sword away and collapsed down next to Salazar’s side, tears blurring her vision.

“No, no, no… You’re not dying! You’re not!” she wept and immediately pulled off her coat, cut off her corset, and took off her blouse. It was extremely chilly during the night, but she didn’t care that all she had covering her upper body now was an undergarment. She flipped Salazar over onto his back, perhaps a little too quick that she heard a loud groan escape from his lips.

“Sorry!” Em immediately apologized and removed his hand from the bleeding area. “Oh my god, oh my god. Quick, quick, Em think. Alcohol! I need alcohol. Cephas, I need your shirt too! And alcohol. I need it now!”

Emily immediately searched Salazar’s body and caught notice of a leather canteen. She took a small swig, noting the contents immediately and poured it all over her blouse. She pressed the soaking part of the blouse onto the big gash in his stomach and grabbed her own canteen as well, drenching the rest of her blouse in alcohol. Between his groans and screams from the sheer sting of the alcohol touching what looked to be a sword wound, Em worked hard to stop the bleeding. She tore off her silk sash and used it as well as any other clothing material she was offered in the midst of the emergency.

“You’re not going to die, do you fucking understand me?!”

A groan was elicited from his lips and a fairly moderate amount of blood spilled out.

“Do you understand, Salazar?! Yes, you do! Stop talking, dammit!”

She glanced up at Cephas. The handsome man was her only hope now. She needed him to steal what she needed, from the apothecary and tons of cloth… tons of cloth and needles and thread.

“Cephas, I need you to listen very carefully and god so help me if you don’t help me save this man, I will hunt you down and kill you. I need you to go to the apothecary and avoid the mainstreet by any means. Go down the backgrounds— less chaos— and find a shop with herbs in the windows and a cream colored sign that says Jame’s apothecary in cursive brown lettering. Make your movements quick, even if they are noticeable. You cannot delay or slip in there and pretend to not grab something discreetly. You just grab what I ask you to and get a basket or something if you can’t carry it all. Memorize everything I ask for. All the thread and needles you can grab, lots of gauze, tweezers, lots of alcohol, something he can bite down on, lots of clothing, shirts, sashes, whatever you can find. Lot of yarrow, comfrey, shavegrass, tormentil, witch hazel, rosemary, clove, and lavender too. Get as much as you can and don’t you dare get caught! Understand?!”

She turned back to Salazar, her hands consistently applying pressure on the cuts across his stomach. God, he looked like a shot in the dark and so pale. She immediately tried to tend to the other wounds on his body– so many bullet holes.

“Fucking christ, Salazar,” she grimaced. At least the other wounds could wait a little longer… Not that waiting was an option. The one in his shoulder chest area could likely damage the feeling in his arm if she didn’t get it out soon enough. There was also the one stuck in his arm… That could work out terribly. She immediately went over to his arm and started cleaning it up as best she could, applying direct pressure onto it while also making sure that the wounds on his stomach had just as much pressure. She couldn’t take the bullet wound out until Cephas came back. There was no way she would be able to reach her fingers into his wound and take it out. She couldn’t even see– she would have to feel for the bullet and pray that it didn’t hit any bones.

“You’re lucky you didn’t get shot any closer to your shoulder or the bullets hitting any of your bones, at least from what I know of now,” she said, gritting her teeth. She was becoming more anxious as Salazar faded in and out of consciousness. She continued to talk to him, yell at him even to ensure that he heard her and that he didn’t slip into unconsciousness. If he did, there was a possibility he could be dead forever or fall into a coma… If that was even an option at this point. She was thankful that her apothecary apprenticeship had come in handy after all those years… Since she’d been put out to experience the real world on her own. Sure, she enjoyed creating maps and navigating the stars much more, but this was important too.

The man who saved her life and her family twelve years ago was important. She couldn’t afford to lose him, not while she still had him in front of her and she could truly tell him how much she appreciated his help, though her pain seeing him in pain overwrote that.

Emily didn’t even know if she would see him again after this and she could feel her heart weigh heavy as she thought about it.

“Salazar,” she begged, her voice a whisper as she applied more direct pressure onto his bullet wound in the arm. “Please don’t die. Please don’t. You have to keep fighting. You have to.”

He continued to struggle in and out of consciousness. Emily could see the life fading away in his eyes as he continued to cough up blood, though this time less constant.

“Don’t leave me here,” she demanded, her voice changing erratically to try and keep him awake. “You can’t. You’re not allowed to. I… This is only the second time I’ve seen you… since that day. I didn’t think I’d see you again and I haven’t had a chance to express how grateful I am so stop fading in and out please, for the love of God. Stop.”

The wound on his arm had stopped bleeding; that was a relief. His shoulder chest wound had festered and she felt her hope draining away quickly as she did what she could on that wound as well. Alcohol could only help so much in the long run.

“I guess now’s a good time than never to pray to the fucking Gods that have never been on my side. Please, please, please if you have any mercy… Please spare this man’s life. Please. He’s saved mine, and now I ask you to save his…”

Emily glanced down at Salazar and moved his hair from his face. The facial wound was superficial; nothing he couldn’t heal from on his own but god, he looked so young. He looked the same as he had when he’d saved her. A handsome man who’d saved her… Twelve years ago. She furrowed her eyebrows for a moment in confusion but thought nothing more of the distinct difference that he really appeared to have not aged at all. Her focus was on saving him and having Cephas steal what she needed… If he’d actually decided to upon leaving her and Salazar alone for the time being. Emily was starting to think maybe he hadn't.

• OMG
b48168fe5f6ee0c9b8a1e14acb988793.jpg
Kasai held her bleeding wound, whispering in the ancient rune that her father had tuaght her to help heal the flesh wound as she watched Salazar, eyes widening in fright and worry as he was slashed in the stomach. Adam hissed loudly as Kasai felt a sort of pain on her stomach, she moved to leave the Inn as she spoke the rune louder to herself, the wound on her shoulder healing and the sensation of pain disappeared, but she felt her body drained and tired. She knew she drained herself of her energy, casting or trying anything else magical would result in her becoming sickly and she didn't need that right now.

The young witch froze as she seen Benjamin Wallace and the guards gathered around, Adam hissing loudly at the men as Kasai backed up, half falling onto a table as she breathed deeply from exhausted state. She didn't fight as she was grabbed by one of the purple men, her gazed fized on Wallace as her own ocean blue eyes glistened with a dangerous look about them. Adam hissed and puffed himself up along her skin, whirring about to try and keep an eye on Wallace, the serpent's gaze matched Kasai's. She knew what she would have to do if things turned the way they seemed to be going.

"You know what would happen if you tried to threaten me with death is all. You wouldn't pity me, you fear me is more like it. Just like everyone on this damn island. Even the smallest child has heard the stories about my father and the sea serpent he called to destroy ships as easily as it is to snap a twig in half. I did nothing more than to protect myself, and these nice folks did the same. Those that are dead are the ones who started the fights, those that survived were just protecting themselves," She spoke boldly, a smile spread along her lips that shown blood stained fangs as she was released, glaring at the man and watching Benjamin, waiting to see what he would do.

• Love
Blastin' Arthur Dineah
in the Red Dragon inn then dragged to the beach with everyone.

Arthur was having the time of his life. He had always heard of all the adventures Pirates had and was counting on his days being filled with a rowdy good time, women, adventure and Rum. He jumped into another group of pirates, this one fighting to death, cutless' and daggers were flashing as the light caught the blades as they were plunged from body to body. Arthur drew his blade, "ahh, Avast me hardies! to Davey Jones' locker with ya!" he jumped in the slashing and was holding his own quite well. he smiled as he thought fondly of the times he spent with the old pirate who taught him how to fight. "take this ya, bastards." he said as he slashed a man across the belly. "ha, ha!" he laughed as he drove his blade into another, when suddenly a black thing wrapped around him and pulled him through the wall.

"what ho?" he said as he was rightfully confused by the actions. "so, you fear the great Blastin' Arthur Dineah do you? Is that why you keep me bound?" he said as he was on the floor near another looking up at a man who would later reveal himself as Benjamin Wallace. he seemed to have thought that this brawl had something to do with Arthur or the other woman who was near him. Arthur looked up a bright smile on his face. "listen closely Mate, I can escape your grasp at any time. I will humor you for now, however i will no be stuck with a bill for having a grand time." he looked at Benjamin, "I, like the young lady here were just defending ourselves. we aren't sure who started the fight." he nudged the woman softly. "but we sure as hell finished it, eh?'' he said nudging the woman once more.

he looked over at the commotion and realized he may have bitten off more than he can chew considering this is the most amount of trouble that he had been in since he was small. He looked around at those being healed and those being killed due to being to far gone to survive. A person named Kasai was brought in and the Executioner knew of them, they spoke and Arthur laid there thinking of his words. He was then officially welcomed to tortuga by Benjamin.

Cephas has cuaght notice of the other man as he felt a twisting pain in his stomach, making him grit his teeth in pain and watched as it seemed Em knew the man with a sort of loving attitude. This would make things harder for him as he was hoping to bed the woman, but if this guy stood in the way it would probably end with him in a watery grave.

"Ay!" Cephas spoke as he began to strip himself, tossing knives and his jacket into the sand, a small bottle of Caribbean rum was pulled from his pocket as he handed it over along with his still wet shirt. His sun kissed skin simmered with the moonlight, tattoos of dolphins swam along his toned body and amongst the many scars leftover from fight he had gotten himself into with either man or shark. The bota tried to listen to Em as she spoke frantically, knowing that this wasn't going to be an easy task to fill as his reading skills wasn't the best. He grabbed his jacket off the sand and tried to get as much off as he could before he ran off without a word, going to fulfill Em's needs as he moved quickly. He repeated her words to himself, trying to remember all she need and the shop he was looking for, passing an Inn filled with men as it looked like a brawl had taken place.

Cephas had managed to find the place, looking up at the sign as he tried to brush himself off and look presentable. He entered the shop as he was greeted by a woman, sitting in the corner looking half asleep. The man greeted her back quietly and began his search.

"Needle and thread, mellow, comfrey, lemongrass, somethingmentil, witch hazel, rosemary, clove, and lavender." He whispered under his breath, lucky the bottles and containers were small, easy to carry and hide on his person, the hard part was reading and figuring out what he needed or not, ending with him grabbing one of every herb that he could before he felt a hand on his shoulder and a knife at his back.

"Now, what do you think your doing?" The woman asked as he turned with a smile, grabbing the hand that held knife as his other covered her mouth.

"Listen, I need these right now. I'll get my sister to pay you later. I don't think you want to pisa her off either considering she's got a sea serpent that will tear this place apart if you kill me." Cephas told the stranger, fear in her eyes at the mention of Kasai that shown him she was still on the island. He pulled a dagger from behind him, the piece was a bright silver, the golden handle seemed to glow as it was formed to look like sea serpent, detailed and delicately made as each scale and horn looked realistic, its eyes studded with ocean blue jewels that seemed to follow you. It was Kasai's father's, he had managed to get it back from the sunk shipwreck of the Siren's Song after he brought Kasai to Tortuga. "And if she finds you with this, you can trust me that it will be hell on earth. She knows where it's at, she can feel it and if someone other than me or her has it, they will wish they never even saw it. You get what I am saying, sweetheart?"

He was buffing the whole thing, but he knew how to bluff pretty well. It was true Kasai would kill for the dagger, but she didn't know he had it, she thought it sunk to the depths to never be found again. The woman nodded her head as he let go and stood there, watching as he turned to get the rest of what he needed without a peek from her, all he gave was a nod as he ran out. Cephas was back to the beach as quickly as he left, holding a bundle of clothing in his arms, pockets jingling with bottles.

"I grabbed everything they had, don't particularity know what I grabbed. But I grabbed it."

Bloodstained steel cracked against many a cutlass and dagger as the deadman rampaged on, the air filled with pungent black powder smoke as pistols fired and left holes in Flynt's chest and the dingy timber-framed wall behind him. His bird had flown from his shoulder to perch upon a beam far above the battle and watch with its sharp yellow eyes as the pirate continued to cut and slash and stab.

At long last the final offender fell to the floor, a ribbon of red trailing from his ruddy throat. A hungry sneer of long gray teeth graced Flynt's cadaverized face as he looked at the body. The tip of his cutlass traveled down to the corpse's sternum and thrust downward, slicing open the stained white shirt and the filthy skin beneath it with a ragged tearing sound as flesh and bone gave way. Faint wisps of steam traveled up from a the gaping wound as blood ran thick in rivers to soak into the floor. Flynt knelt down, brine soaked bones cracking within the layer of flaking flesh as his great spider of a hand plunged into the still-warm mess of innards and curled clawing fingers around what he sought. There was a ripping of veins as his hand emerged bloodied and holding a mottled red and white organ. The towering pirate's lantern jaw stretched wide, gaunt cheeks tearing open like scraps of leather as the heart was brought towards the crumbling face. The bone-dry teeth hungrily clamped down, slicing through the stringy flesh as sharply as any knife and letting blood flow down the fraying gray beard that clung like Spanish moss to Flynt's face. With a rustle of dead feathers the parrot fluttered from the ceiling to join its master, its hooked beak tearing chunks of heart wherever it could get in.

Upon finishing the hasty meal Flynt wiped his face with a tattered coat sleeve, stumbling to the bar where he grabbed bottle of rum that had escaped destruction. He smashed the neck against the counter and hoisted it over his face where he let it drain down his throat and run down his neck before hurling it against a wall. The pirate turned to look at the newcomer as his torn face began mending itself, and a smidgen of life returned to his overall corpse-like pallor. His eyes narrowed with contempt as he glanced at Wallace.

"Where do we come from?" he echoed, swaggering over the cadaver-ridden floor as he wiped the blood from his sword, "From the deepest pits of Hell, good sir."

Benjamin Wallace
Tags: @KasaiVictoriano , @Kurogane86 , @Ygor's Revenge

"I take pity because people like you and me can never join the normalcy of regular society. You can pretend I fear you or tell yourself whatever calms your soul. I am honestly the only reason you have been allowed to wander this island freely. If the French had their way they would have hung you from their pier..." Wallace began to search his pockets as he pulled numerous sheets from his coat. Tossing them onto the ground as the pages contained names and descriptions of people. Names of whom, the governor specifically wanted dead as his signature was signed off on each of them. Some crossed off as the meaning was clear but other sheets containing her name clearly upon them. The man took a deep breath of his pipe before allowing the smoke to escape his lips. Dropping a bit of the pipes contents onto the papers as they erupted into flames. Watching the fire burn as he returned his eyes to the young woman.

"I shouldn't have shown you such things but there are a few people I choose to save. Those reasons are my own... As for the stories you were told, they were simply that. Tales, romanticized by children to lighten their days as they live among this rot. These legends often being spun in a positive light but failed to remember the actual cruelties of the world. Your father isn't the only man to blessed by the Mother Serpent and he is not the only danger among these seas." The man turned towards the people aiding him. Their faces covered as they tried desperately to keep some people alive as others were taken to be dispatched quickly and quietly away from the prying eyes of the civilians who watched the scene. These were certainly not like the monsters who were inside the bar. Instead, they seemed to be doing as much as they could to refrain from looking like such things even here.

Gathering the dead bodies as they placed them upon wagons as those who were alive were having iron burnt around their hands. They seemed to be preparing to take them away as other workers offered the people of the inn reparations. Assuring that they would rebuild the inn as well as offering funds once the people were sold.

Wallace listened as he heard the words of Arthur as he looked carefully at him. The shadow behind the young man began to move as a slick, and wet sensation began to make its way around his body. The sensation of tendrils making their way through his clothes as he could feel something within the darkness of his throat. Even in the darkness of his eyelids or the depths of his ears could this pervasive feeling be felt around him before it suddenly disappeared. The man walked over as he leaned over to whisper in the mans ear.

"Unlike the woman beside you, I only offer my mercy once. So cherish it." He responded as he listened to the rest of the man's words. "I need to investigate this further though. I won't blame you if you were caught up in such an event but I need to find whomever started this viciousness. I shall place you under the slave markets until then. I promise to release you once I figure what has happened. If you wish, Kasai, you can lead that man of yours to the markets. Can at least give us a hand here since you always find yourself in this situation." Wallace personally locked Arthur's wrists in a pair of cuffs before giving the end of the chain towards the woman.

The people seemed ready to make their trip as they encouraged the two to move with them. Coaxing the two out of here as they proceeded towards their next destination, the markets, a place of weapon, whores and slaves. And its fair share of dangerous men.

As Wallace entered the bar he looked over the remnants of what he would call a man. The skeletal figure still having blood from the heart dripping from his chin as he didn't seem particularly disturbed by the action. He pulled a broken bottle of rum as he poured its remnants into a cup before taking a sip as he began to respond.

"It is incredibly rare to see someone in your state remain alive. I don't see much time left in you. You'll turn to dust at this state. Even if you ate a heart every second of every single day..." The man tossed the cup to the floor as he looked at the remnants of the building as he looked back at him.

"Like this building, you will fall apart. I do not know what I can offer you but I have Witches and Sieshin who are capable of helping. All I ask is for you to willingly come... If you do not wish too, you can simply rot here but be careful of scaring the civilians. They may call the french guard to burn you... All I am offering is safety, many of the people whom work for me are those that suffer as you do. Though, many are far younger than you maybe you can help them cope with what they feel." He responded as he decided to leave the bar. Whether he followed was his choice but the consequences were certain. Dead men were not welcomed here and his blatant looks had certainly caught some eyes. There wasn't much left as Wallace awaited for his hunters to find their prey. Whomever had created this scene deserved to be punished. He would assure such things would happen.

Dea cursed as she was dragged along with the others as she looked at Kasai and Arthur. "God dammit! You shouldn't have pissed him off! The lucky lady there will be set free! But you and me might become slaves! Do you know what they do to slaves in the Americas!? It is a lot like the Arabic slave trade but with a higher chance of dying due to labor." She cursed as she felt the metal cutting at her wrists as her magic was trapped within the confining metal. It wouldn't allow for her to do anything as she looked across at her tattoos which moved and trembled erratically. These chains were certainly for people like them as they approached the markets.

Even during the night it was crowded with the bustle of noise as it filled their ears. People selling a variety of goods as cargo of food began to make their way out to the recent ships that were looking for supplies. People bringing in things from fish, to whale carcasses as numerous strange sea foods decorated stands around them. As they moved deeper into the street though this began to slowly change towards sexily dressed women who wore fanciful dresses which were colored extravagantly. Their outfits mimicking that of rich and elegant woman but there was certainly nothing of that about them. As their perfumes and cosmetics were simply there to attract desperate men to fulfill their pleasures. It seems as the governors plan had been working as the brothels that ran along this street appeared packed with patrons as they made their way to the end.

At this juncture were new arrivals, from places as far as India and Japan towards the African continent and even among the Americas. Slaves from all parts of the world were presented here and with their sellers eager to offer numerous amounts of them for a certain amount. The horror in these peoples eyes was clear as they were presented and shown off like cattle as people shuffled them onto stands. To reveal them like products of fresh meat. Women being paraded around and offered as exotic as they were exposed for the eyes of hungry men.

Even if this place was presented as some semblance of stability, it was clear that greed was the defining ruler of this small island.

• Love
Mendoza 'Greenskin' Salazar
Tags: @Kat , @KasaiVictoriano

"Don't be scared." The words fell silently on Em's ears as Salazar spoke them as he gave her a soft smile. "I don't wish the last thing I see to be your crying face." He continued as he placed his hand over one of her own. Gripping it gently as the cold sensation of his palm contrasted with the warmth that was her own hand. He could feel the blood choking on his throat as he turned his face to spit out the taste of iron from his mouth. Still feeling the bits of metal that had buried themselves within his skin.

He seemed to ignore Em's words of remaining silent. He was not going to waste any time now if these were the last of his moments. He needed to tell her, apologize to her about the events that had troubled her life. He needed to speak to her before he lost the chance to again, he needed to have her listen but the words that came from his lips were ones he had not expected as he looked back over to her.

"I don't think you've ever been told how much you take after your mother. Whether it was looks or mannerisms you certainly take after her... I promised her that I wouldn't allow you to take after my trail. I promised that you wouldn't live such a harsh and vicious life... I promised them both many things... I just wish I came to your house sooner." He responded as he seized as he choked on the blood that remained captured in his throat. Clutching her hand as he coughed violently, desperate to breathe as he choked before spitting out more blood. He seemed to struggle as he tried to remain conscious as his vision continued to haze as he couldn't make much detail of anything.

He could still hear her words though as he began to close his eyes listening to what she said. Begging him to not leave as his vision suddenly returned. He focused as he listened to how he had saved her life. How he had only seen her once before and how desperate she was for him to make it through. He could still feel the tortured wounds the British had given to him. How he had used such wounds upon their captors as it allowed him to escape. How these wounds grew worse for him as he used them in such a disgusting way. How this power only deteriorated his body and causing him even worse pain. He remembered the young girl that was from that wonderful family. His friendship with her mother as the two had once sailed the seas. Him wishing her the best of luck in her adventures of being a mother as she wished the best in his quest to search for a cure. She had helped him greatly and he wanted to do so in return one day. That had all changed when he heard the reports, of what the British demanded be done even to those who were 'forgiven'.

The annihilation of those that abused the system. The apparent mercy that was once offered to pirates was now relinquished as the new king demanded the execution of all those that had taken this leniency. He awoke as he remembered and as he looked up at her his green eyes focused on her face.

"I am sorry." He responded as he could feel his life slowly draining from him. He could feel it escaping but he was holding on. He wanted to see her again, he didn't want to disappear.

purple.png
"Isn't this sweet?" The words were cold as they were brisk. Nothing like the words which came upon Salazar's lips as both Cephas and Emily listened to the voice that spoke them.

"Apologies for interrupting the three of you but your threesome can certainly be done later. I have reasons to believe that at least two of you were involved at the Red Dragon Inn." Her presence had remained silent, even compared to the others not even a breath could be heard as this woman stood behind them. Dressed in an immaculate purple she looked on like an innocent bystander. Her eyes dancing from one to the other as she eventually settled upon Em. Her vision landing down at her as she continued to prod with her whispers.

"It looks like I do not need to worry about that one at least." She beckoned towards Salazar's bloodied body as she already considered him too far gone. "I am here because of the ruckus you have committed. The bout of violence was at your hands and I need to apprehend those that were a part of it... I believe the one that instigated such actions is you, my dear Emily. Whether you come peacefully is up to you but even I can certainly give you time with the dead. I shall also give you a little secret, as I can read his memories one he passes. I am pleased to meet both your acquaintances. I'll be courteous and give both of you time but at least allow me the comfort to take you both in easily." The woman waived her hand as she looked along the trail of blood she had followed. She was so close to both of them and yet despite this distance they could barely hear any noise she made. Only the brushing of the water was accompanied by Salazar's troubled breathing. The water slowly brushing against the sand as the woman took to look at the moon before continuing on with her strange speeches.

"I find it surprising that a murderer mourns another death. Isn't that ironic? To think that they had family and friends of their own. A miracle humans can be so uncaring. He is simply another body to add to your pile. I will allow you to bring him though, whether dead or alive is up to you. Keep in mind, that where the three of you shall go is not a pleasant place and you will require much more than luck to stay alive." Her words were mocking, almost goading her over the death of someone so close. Keeping a watchful eye of the events that happened before her as she awaited even the tiniest movement that may come towards her direction. Awaiting whatever outcome would arrive and cherishing the moment of despair as she began to readjust her gloves, carefully.

Her eyes fluttered towards the man with the dolphin tattoos. She was aware of his kind and found it amusing that he was aiding this woman. Not the best way to steal a woman especially since allowing the man to die would have easily rid him of competition. She found this interesting, though, she wondered if Emily would love to listen to this man's true motives as she could read such things as clearly as day.

"This man wishes to sleep with you. It has been all he has been thinking and he even sees this one here as competition. I don't honestly know why he has helped. He could have taken you after you lost a loved one. An easy way to get so close to ones heart and an easier way to take advantage of them." She wondered how the girl would react to this and especially the man before her. She had herself prepared in case of a sudden turn as she knew that any potential problems that could arise would certainly come straight at her.

"The names Mary. Mary Bell."

Last edited:
  • OMG
Emily “Em” Becker

The words that Salazar barely managed to choke out tore her heart in two. His hand clutched her own and she could feel the weight drop in her chest as he told her he wished he’d come to her house sooner, whatever that was supposed to mean. She told him not to talk. She needed him to shut up while she worked on his wounds.

“Stop fucking around with me, Salazar,” she grimaced as she fought back her tears. When Cephas arrived, Em thanked him tremendously, taking note of what he’d grabbed. Shit, it wasn’t everything, but at least he’d remembered the comfrey. That was more important than the rest. Em popped a few different herbs into her mouth and chewed them deliberately into a poultice for each of Salazar’s gunshot wounds. The comfrey and a few other herbs went to his stomach slash.

She worked diligently, a tear dropping when Salazar said he was sorry.

“I’m sorry too,” Em said as she grabbed a nearby branch. “Bite down as hard as you can!”

Cephas had forgotten the tweezers. Lovely.

She was about to go in for the first bullet on his chest shoulder wound when some lady Em was well aware of decided to show up at an inopportune time. She rolled her eyes at Mary. Screw her and her stupid pliés and fancy jargon.

“Cut the shit, Mary. I know who you are,” Em growled and suddenly, Em had used her knife to make a small incision near Salazar’s chest shoulder wound. Without another word, she plunged her fingers into the wound. The deafening sound of a scream filled Em’s ears, though it was somewhat muffled by the piece of wood Salazar had in his mouth. The moment she felt her fingers hit the bullet, she slowly re-emerged it from Salazar’s wound and immediately put pressure down to keep from any further blood spilling. “I got it. If that was in there any longer, it could’ve caused higher infection risk,” she explained to Salazar, completely tuning out Mary’s speech. “I won’t take the one out of your arm, I promise. It’s largely harmless right now since it’s not located near any major organs or arteries. Your facial wound is superficial, nothing your body can’t heal. Everything will be fine, do you understand? Everything will be fine.”

Salazar could barely make much sense of the world as he could sense a burning sensation across his shoulder. Em reassured Salazar countless times, an effort to keep him alive. She finished cleaning up his wounds and dressed them quickly with the clothes that’d been brought to her. He was so close to breathing his final breath, fuck. She had to keep him conscious.

“Damn it, Sal. What did you mean when you said you wish you’d come sooner? I don’t understand. You saved us... Tell me, please. Speak, stay awake, say something.”

Em’s words that made it through began to feel distant and disturbed as he could feel her dressing his wounds. Only her last final words began to fill his ears as he listened to what she had said.

“I only saved you…” He whispered as his vision darkened and his words faded away. Emily patted Salazar’s cheek.

“Salazar?”

Nothing.

“Salazar, come on, you’re joking, right?” She leaned in and shook him.

He was like jelly.

Em pressed her ears to his chest, only temporarily relieved in that moment. He was still breathing, just unconscious.

“Come on, Sal, let’s take you home,” she whispered to him and immediately took Salazar’s arm over her neck.

“Cephas, please help me.”

She gestured towards the man she aimed to carry and glanced over at Mary as fury flashed in her eyes.

“If you so much as disrupt our trek any further, I’ll have you know that the place where you will end up will not be pleasurable at all.”

She turned away and tried to move forward with Salazar, all of the man’s weight heaving towards her own body.

@TheDevil'sGame @KasaiVictoriano

Kasai listened to the older man as he spoke, Adam watched and listened quietly as the two looked over the sheets of paper, picking one up that contained her name as she could feel the anger in her subsiding. She crumpled the paper and tossed it among the others, watching the flames flicker before looking back at Wallace, regretting she had cuased him any trouble. The young woman gave a huff at the remark of not being the only one. "He was one of the stronger people that sailed the seas, not anymore."

She had spoken sadly as she had to remind herself that her father wasn't with them anymore, not there to save her ass if she gotten into trouble. It was just her and Adam, even Cephas had abandoned her, leaving her to rot on the island.

"Wait, what?" Kasai spoke as she was handed Auther's chains, holding onto then tightly as her tattoo moved along her skin, Adam keeping his eyes on the captured man as Kasaj gave a nod, it was the least she could do for Wallace considering that she would be among them if it wasn't for him. Kasai followed along with the others, avoiding the glares she was receiving.

"Wallace won't let that happen. I won't let it happen either." Kasai told them, Adam hissing softly as if to question his master as they walked along. A random man grabbed at her shoulder, smelling like booze and filth as she glared daggers at him, her tattoo puffing up and hissing loudly at the man as he took no notice to their warning.

"How much?" He asked, his breath smelling worse than himself as Kasai cringed, trying to keep herself from getting sick as she looked back at Auther, mischief in her eyes and smile as it spread along her face.

"If your asking about a night, you can keep dreaming. If your asking about the man here, my new plaything isn't for sell and if you try anything, I promise you get to come face to face with a sea serpent." Kasai told him as she removed the hand, Adam staring the man down as the tattoo huffed and hissed at the stranger who quickly moved along at the sight of her tattoo, leaving Kasai creeped out and worried about having to deal with more people.

"You alright there? This place tends to be a bit hectic." Kasai asked Auther as she moved closer to the other, looking back with concern.

"Hopefully Wallace gets this all settled quickly and I can get off this damn Island." She muttered to herself as she moved along, leading Auther along with her as she approached the man that held Dea.

"Here, I'll watch her for you. May as well help as much as I can and help Wallace out for all he has done for me. And maybe I can help you out later, if you like." She spoke, her voice sweet as a Siren's song as she gently land a hand on the man's shoulder, trying to use her looks to help get Dea out of the man's hold, just incase things went sideways she could try to break one or both of them out of the handcuffs.

Last edited: