1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Character Thread

RULES
--------------------
All Iwaku rules apply
Please, no drama in the OOC
Please refrain from IRL political/Religious discussion or other 'hot topics'. It makes me uncomfortable.
I, as GM, have final work on disputes. This includes on if a character is too OP.
Please be reasonable in your powers and your actions in combat (See combat rules below)
If you have a problem, question, or request, please let me know in OOC or PM!
---------------------------------------
POSTING REQUIREMENTS
-------------------------------------------
Please post at least once a week, more often is very much preferred. One post per GM post in most cases
Please do your best with spelling and grammar, it needs to be at least legible.
Please at least one paragraph per post. Do your best to help move the scene forward with your posts
Please do not fill pages with interactions between only two characters. Be respectful of those who can post less often.
----------------------------------

Disclaimer
I have not yet finished either game. Therefore, I am leaning more towards using similar worlds but with original characters and plot. Also that's just my personal preference.

Code Vein: The Player Characters will be Revenants who all share a home base and a mission. In-game, revenants are humans who were implanted with a parasite in their heart which gives them special abilities and greater strength (as well as immortality - you die, you turn to dust and reform - as long as your heart survives) in exchange for bloodlust. Humans are rare and carefully protected, so the main source of blood to sate this thirst are called blood beads, which sprout from bloodsprings.

The RP will differ from the game in the fact that bloodbeads will sprout regularly, so the need for fighting and the amount of the Lost (Revenants who succumbed to bloodlust) is generally less. However, a destructive faction of revenants has sprouted up, and opposes the current (loose as it may be) government. Not to mention there may be a bigger threat hiding in the shadows....

God Eater: In God Eater, the world has been destroyed by the Aragami. These creatures are made of single-cells called Oracle Cells, that work together to create the form and allow them to function. They have no real weak points, and they are functionally immortal unless a core of Oracle Cells is removed.

How to fight these 'gods' that have Decimated humanity? Enter the God Eater. Implanted with the same Oracle Cells, they gain a substantial power boost and are able to use God Arcs: Weapons with a melee, gun, and shield form that can also devour Aragami for extra power and, when dead, materials.

Since God Eater has three games, there is more to draw on. However, I would like to draw the most from GE3, so players would be AGEs (Adaptive God Eaters) who hold resistance to a substance known as the Ash. They must utilize a pair of the armlets God Eaters wear and have a number of other powers,

In this one, the player characters will be crew of an Ash Crawler, working to find and patrol routes between human ports - bastions against the Ash.

Changes From Games to mixed-setting RP
GE/CV: Miasma and Ash Storms occur naturally, with one generally preceding the other
CV: Bloodsprings and Bloodbeads are more common/plentiful (But not to where scarcity is fully gone)
GE/CV: Revenants can share with AGE's Engage powers by drinking their blood once the bond is ready.
CV: BOR Parasites allow Revenants to damage Aragami and break Oracle bonds as if their weapons were less-functional God Arcs
GE/CV: AGEs must use Purifier Masks to survive the miasma, and Purifier Masks help with Ash as well
GE: AGEs are generally volunteers, rather than forced into it
CV: Revnants must be created from a God Eater Corpse

RP Content
The world is a bit more open to exploration, as the team's Ash Crawler goes where they desire/are needed. Missions still take place in areas, similar to a merge between games.
The havens of humanity, AGEs and Revenants are ports, as in GE
Bloodbead scarcity is still a thing, if to a much lesser extent.
Lost and Aragami are on neutral terms, and will fight against one another as well as together.
Glepnir and CV's provisional government are merged
There is a faction of Revnants and AGEs that opposes the government. They have taken over a port and send out agents to fight and recruit

2045 - Primordial Meteor discovered within Pacific Ocean
2046 - Oracle Cells discovered within meteor, study begins
2047 - Oracle Project goes awry, first aragami formed and oracle lab destroyed
2050 - Humanity is reduced to a number of Bastions. Oracle lab rediscovered
2052 - Two Breakthroughs made in the new Oracle Project: Codenamed God Eater and Code Vein
2053 - First God Eaters successfully created, all Code Vein subjects fail
2055 - Due to heavy losses, project CV implants a BOR Parasite into a dead God Eater. The first Revenant is thus 'born'
2060 - A large clash between a mixed GE/CV army and Aragami. Heavy losses on both sides, the amount of true-killed Revenants creates the first Ash Storm, followed by a blanket of miasma in the affected area - creating a large number of lost
2063 - Projects GE and CV reach maximum production. Later the same year, the Oracle Lab vanishes without trace inside permanent Ash/Miasma tempest
2065 - Ash/Miasma Storms become more common, prompting the creation of a new Bias Factor, and thus AGEs. HUmanity also begins building downwards, with old bastions mostly abandoned in favor of underground Ports heavily resistant to Ash and Sealed against Miasma. Ash Crawlers are created as lifelines in the outside world
2095 - Current Year. World Government Bahamut holds the ports in a loose grip of peace among Aragami and Lost. Conflicts still occur, and the splinter faction Tiamat grows in power and membership as many people become disillusioned.

Last edited:
Alright, I don't know anything about Code Vein and God Eater so I have questions.

Blood Code, Gift Style, Blood Vein Type, I do not understand. Um, explain? Also Revenants, they coexist with humanity without feeding on them? They seem like vampires and yet...um... But if what I am understanding is correct, those with the God Eater are just regular humans using monster weapons while Revenants are vampires with parasites in their hearts and stuff? I'm sorry I'm so confused. OTL

I have questions.
Starting off easy, eh?

Gift Style
This one is somewhat easier. It's basically the equivalent of magic and skills. So special melee attacks, buffs, firebolts, etc. Examples can be found here

Blood Code
More difficult. In game mechanics, it pretty much changes your stats to better fit different playstyles. If you want, you can check here for what's in the game, and use one of those or make your own.

Blood Vein Type
Blood *Veil. This one is harder for me to explain, but it's basically the armor that Revenants have. There's four types, each one transforms into a different thing to draw ichor (the 'mana' to use gifts) and counter and such. Ogre gives one hand a claw for these attacks, Thorn gives a tail, Ivy summons a bunch of blades, and Hounds gives maws on your sleeves basically. I found a video to help

Revenants, they coexist with humanity without feeding on them?
Yes and no. There are items called bloodbeads that grow on tree-like bloodsprings that can sate the bloodlust, so generally yes. But those who try it might get a taste for human blood, which from what I understand leads to something like addiction in that bloodbeads don't do nearly what they once did.

those with the God Eater are just regular humans using monster weapons while Revenants are vampires with parasites in their hearts and stuff?
Okay, so I'mma try and explain. The Aragami - monsters of the God Eater series - are made of oracle cells and are impervious to conventional weaponry. God Eaters are implanted with Oracle Cells which allows them to use God Arcs, weapons made at least in part with Oracle Cells. Basically they gain much improved abilities but kinda are seen by some to lose humanity.

Revenants are made when a human corpse is implanted with a BOR parasite. They generally suffer from (at least) some memory loss in the process, while gaining greater power and the ability to disperse into mist when downed, with the downside of the bloodlust.

I hope that helps at least a little bit. Anyone else who can help is also free to chime in!

I have questions.
Starting off easy, eh?

Gift Style
This one is somewhat easier. It's basically the equivalent of magic and skills. So special melee attacks, buffs, firebolts, etc. Examples can be found here

Blood Code
More difficult. In game mechanics, it pretty much changes your stats to better fit different playstyles. If you want, you can check here for what's in the game, and use one of those or make your own.

Blood Vein Type
Blood *Veil. This one is harder for me to explain, but it's basically the armor that Revenants have. There's four types, each one transforms into a different thing to draw ichor (the 'mana' to use gifts) and counter and such. Ogre gives one hand a claw for these attacks, Thorn gives a tail, Ivy summons a bunch of blades, and Hounds gives maws on your sleeves basically. I found a video to help

Revenants, they coexist with humanity without feeding on them?
Yes and no. There are items called bloodbeads that grow on tree-like bloodsprings that can sate the bloodlust, so generally yes. But those who try it might get a taste for human blood, which from what I understand leads to something like addiction in that bloodbeads don't do nearly what they once did.

those with the God Eater are just regular humans using monster weapons while Revenants are vampires with parasites in their hearts and stuff?
Okay, so I'mma try and explain. The Aragami - monsters of the God Eater series - are made of oracle cells and are impervious to conventional weaponry. God Eaters are implanted with Oracle Cells which allows them to use God Arcs, weapons made at least in part with Oracle Cells. Basically they gain much improved abilities but kinda are seen by some to lose humanity.

Revenants are made when a human corpse is implanted with a BOR parasite. They generally suffer from (at least) some memory loss in the process, while gaining greater power and the ability to disperse into mist when downed, with the downside of the bloodlust.

I hope that helps at least a little bit. Anyone else who can help is also free to chime in!

Sweet, thanks! I'll take a look at those right now! And try to think of a thing, I'm gonna do twins.

In the meantime, I added personality and history to my characters! Would love for thoughts!

I feel I should elaborate more on what my idea of the plot is. Currently what I am thinking is that we are basically new hires on a sort of mercenary Ash Crawler. Clears lost and aragami (temporary it may be), investigates signals, rescues those in distress, patrols route, etc. Basically we start with doing jobs for cash and materials.

As always, please feel free to give your thoughts!

Ok just one question
Am I allowed to play a humanoid aragami

@Cresion Breezes

Still, I don't think so - if for no other reason than I do not know about them (and would rather slightly abstain from GE3 spoilers as much as possible)

I guess you're really early into GE3 then...yikes maybe I shouldn't join or at least I'll need to be really careful since I would probably make a character with a lot of lore spoilers.

Cuz there's a lot of stuff that can get spoiler easily.

Last edited:
I guess you're really early into GE3 then...yikes maybe I won't join or at least I'll need to be really careful since I would probably make a character with a lot of lore spoilers.

Cuz there's a lot of stuff about ports etc that can get spoiler easily.
I mean, let's be real here. It's not in the same world so it's entirely possible that ports are somewhat different. Ones like Penneywort and Baran wouldn't exist due to different histories and whatnot.

But if it comes down to you either not joining or spoiling a few things, I would just ask you try and keep it light

It is mentioned that there is a central government there are a few things about the, well, "government ports" that could be easily incorporated into a character backstory and be kind of spoiler-y.

And since you mentioned alternative history maybe you could write that out since I been just assuming this is the GE world (since it's set in the ashlands and whatnot) where the lost coexisted with aragami and revenants coexist with god eaters to deal with it? So I kind of been assuming that the history stuff from GE1 and GE2 is still a thing but it probably isn't, and when in the timeline did Revenants start appearing? Where they just always there, did they appear after the world went apocalypse? Did the Gaol of Mists just locked them out of the apocalypse? Are BOR parasites and Oracle Cells related?

GE has more of a "lore" than CV since CV is contained in one city that no one gets out of and no one gets into, while GE has a timeline and an entire post apocalyptic Earth that is not very explored, so it's actually really easy to fit them together but it's so easy that there's like 17 ways to do it.

Last edited:
@Cresion Breezes

I added an alternate history I am happy with! Along with some new notes, it is in the top post.

For reference, here is the new/changed notes
GE/CV: Miasma and Ash Storms occur naturally, with one generally preceding the other
GE: AGEs are generally volunteers, rather than forced into it
CV: Revnants must be created from a God Eater Corpse

I changed the history just a bit to allow for a 30-year gap between the creation of AGEs and current time. Otherwise I think I would have broken one of my character's backstories

EDIT: Also debating giving God Arcs to Revenants because they're made from dead GEs, but not sure if it makes sense/would work/is good

Last edited:
God Arcs can be salvaged from dead God Eaters, so if the Revenant managed to not have their stolen or lost then they could Stu have it. The question would be: Does a Revenants have the ability to control Oracle cells and use/activate a God Arc?

God Arcs can be salvaged from dead God Eaters, so if the Revenant managed to not have their stolen or lost then they could Stu have it. The question would be: Does a Revenants have the ability to control Oracle cells and use/activate a God Arc?
So perhaps should I change the sheet? Am unsure - but either way, wondering if I should change it to having only one weapon for a Revenant

I would say if the God Arc is theirs or otherwise compatible, then yes - maybe not use devour, though?

EDIT: Changed Hagani to have a Buster Blade Melee-type God Arc, and the sheet to allow for only one weapon

If AGEs are mostly volunteers now are they still treated like trash? Do they still take the comparability test as like an 8 year old? Is that the age range they're expected to volunteer at??

Or are we gonna skip the part where AGEs social status plummets and they're basically treated the same as the old type GEs (treated as normal citizens, some even respect them for their work, mostly volunteers that take the comparability test as a teenager)