1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
supernatural, fantasy, scifi, romance, magic, apocalyptic
basically a thread where i can dick around with codes and characters

disclaimer: i have no idea what i'm doing, but it's hella fun

you're totally welcome to any of the codes in here that are mine, to use and/or tinker with!
just be careful, since i do tinker around in here with codes that aren't mine - which aren't necessarily free for you to use, depending.
no credit necessary but leaving a like or something would be nice!

NOTE! i will be going back and fixing broken code. eventually.

some linky-links for ease of access:
iwaku's bb code list
adrian's tutorial
rissa's repositorium

Last edited:
NOT MINE
coding credit: @themysteriousashe for their group witchy rp

Min Han-jae 민 한재

basics --
full name
hanjae min
nickname(s) jae, jay, hanji, hanj

gender cisgender male
pronouns he/him

age twenty-five
birthday august 1st
zodiac leo
birthplace kanggye, north korea

romantic orientation homosexual, panromantic
love interest tbd. has a bf back home, but is polyamorous so is open to more partners~

witch type hedge witch

appearance --
face claim
kim seokjin

appearance description --
hair hanjae loves to dye his hair different colors, and as of late, has chosen pink. naturally it's a dark brown in color. it's kept in a sort of bowl cut, although he rarely styles it that way. it can often be seen parted to the side, coming off of his forehead, with quite a bit of product if you look closely. he takes very good care of it.
body stands at 5'11'', with a broad frame. his shoulders in particular are very wide, sometimes making it difficult to find tops that fit properly. his muscle type is definitely not bulky, but rather lightly toned. he does work out but only when he's feeling like it, which makes it something he does occasionally rather than regularly. it's basically just enough to maintain his weight and fairly slim physique. roughly weighs 183lbs.
skin fairly pale and ridiculously clear. he takes very good care of his skin, and follows a detailed korean skin regime. he tends to lean towards drying out, and uses a crazy amount of lotion to keep that from happening. he tans very easily in the sun, although he doesn't always allow this to happen. doesn't have many moles or beauty marks, and he has no scars.
clothing style very fancy and very stylish. hanji is not ashamed to admit he likes expensive clothes, and designer brands, and that he's a total snob over it. he just likes to look good okay? he can usually be seen wearing all sorts of eccentric outfits - not as in, crop tops and mesh shirts, but bright crazy colors and patterns, and pieces that are just so rich looking you feel like you have to do a double take. he doesn't like to show a lot of skin, and rarely walks about in heels (mostly because they kill his feet although he also struggles to find heels in his large shoe size). he does like to deck himself out in jewelry, usually sporting rings and earrings, and the occasional necklace.
physical disabilities sometimes suffers from migraines but he usually can pop a few migraine pills and he's good.

personality && interests --
personality traits
proud, flirtatious, conceited, very loud, fiery, fearless, fickle, oblivious, independent, friendly, affectionate, childish, spontaneous, extraverted, dramatic, emotional yet emotionally reserved, laid-back, compassionate, wild, eccentric, bold
proud hanj is the type to think very highly of himself. he likes to believe that any given moment he is the most beautiful person in the room (unless his bf's there, then he's the second prettiest but it's close). he likes to think that he's the smartest (he's definitely not), and has the best ideas (not usually), and just in general, is the best at almost everything he does (also not true). at least, he always acts like this. there are many times were he doesn't fully believe that he is the best at everything; his self-confidence has it's ups and downs just like anyone else. but it's become a way to cheer himself up, as well as cheer others up, when he is deliberately over the top in complimenting himself in an attempt to get those around him to laugh. all the same, he has an immense pride in himself, and the things that he does. he is constantly trying to instill the same attitude in others (if slightly less extravagant) as well. because of this pride he has in himself, he also tends to be a huge perfectionist can be incredibly hard on himself when he doesn't do perfectly.
oblivious hanjae is a very loud and exuberant person, that enjoys talking to anybody and everybody. however, he has a tendency to talk over some of those people, especially if they aren't as vocal as he is. he isn't the best at picking up on subtleties, particularly other people's emotions. if someone he's talking to, is giving off signals that they aren't in the mood to talk with him he, more often than not, just won't see those signals and will keep bulldozing his way through the conversation. you can't hint at something with him if you want him to understand, you have to hit him over the head with it. he means well though; he genuinely doesn't want to upset people or step on their toes. he's just completely oblivious.
emotional hanji is very in touch with his emotions, crying at the littlest things and letting himself do it in public. sad dog commercial? he cries. tear-jerker scene in a movie? he cries. a breathtakingly beautiful sunset? he cries. he feels things very deeply and he isn't afraid to show it. this also leads him to be easily excitable, and overly affectionate. but interestingly enough, while he's in touch with his own emotions, he isn't always in touch with the emotions of others. it ties in a lot, with his obliviousness. and surprisingly, while he is a very friendly and talkative person, capable of getting along with most anyone, he does not make legitimate attachments to other people easily. he's reserved in that regard. he has a lot of love to give out, and generally, it takes a while for him to do it.

mbti type entp
temperament sanguine
moral alignment chaotic good
hogwarts house ravendor

mental disabilities not quite a disability per say, but has a bit of a... thing about food. he grew up with very little to eat on a day to day basis, and was practically starved due to his family's circumstances in north korea (the reason they fled) and to this day is very touchy about his food. he does not allow anyone to take from his plate - if he's going to share he has to be the one to give it over. he also feels incredibly bad not finishing his whole plate and wasting food. he'll get on other people's case about this as well. it's very rare he'll skip a meal, and he hates to go hungry, or to see other people go hungry, as this brings back bad memories.

head canons
― a posturing peacock
― loves to be the center of attention
― call him pretty and he'll legit preen
but if you won't he'll call himself pretty cuz he don't need no man
― or woman
― he eats up compliments for breakfast
― at least he would like to
― loud aF
― this boi has some luNGS i stg
― his laugh is so loud it sounds like he's screaming half the time
― spiritual but doesn't believe one specific religion
― not quite the mom friend™
― more like the drunk aunt friend
― will mother you if mother is not around, but like, also drag you into crazy adventures
― like fun abandoned buildings where you get tetanus from a rusty nail
― and then passes you back to mom friend™ at the end of the day
― "polyamory is based in consent and love, cheating is based in betrayal. also my relationships are none of your business, asshole."
― "oh my god this sunset is so pretty... here take my phone i need at least a thousand pictures in front of it!"
― "i'm sorry, i can't focus. that shirt you're wearing is just too ugly."
― "gurl. guuurl. guuuuuuuuuuuurl! pass the salt please."
― literally flirts with everybody, don't take it personally it's just who he is
― jumpy
― you could say 'boo' and it probably would scare him
― he loves horror movies though??
― comes from a very rich background, parents run a multi-million dollar investment company
― turns out you can get very good business advice from spirits in the otherworld
― also his bf back in seoul, south korea is a well-off fashion designer
― helps out with both, along with the coven
― vry vry busy because of that but he thrives on the chaos
― side note, very proud of his bf, don't get him started
― he could talk for hours abt yejun, and also show you literally every pic he has of the boy
― once cried because he thought the animation to kung fu panda was just that gorgeous
― takes a lot of naps, at weird times and in weird places too
― let's play "is hanji skipping through the otherworld or just sleeping"
― cuz he also goes off to astral project without telling anybody
― vry affectionate
― watch out short friends he is vry likely to pull you into his lap randomly. or throw you over his shoulder.
― tall friends too, he doesn't mind getting crushed
― likes holding hands, giving out hugs, snuggling into laps
― ESPECIALLY if the other person hates it, it just makes him want to do it more
― really likes cooking and loves eating food even more
― fam thought he might be a kitchen witch at first but nah
― he's a hedge witch thorough and thorough

other --
playlist

don't worry love, because all of this is not coincidence ― [BY bts] dna
every night i'm dancing with your ghost ― [BY sasha sloan] dancing with your ghost
oh, give me a break, tied up in daisy chains, only myself to blame ― [BY will joseph cook] daisy chains
oh no, i've already come to far. suddenly none of this is a game anymore ― [BY blackpink] playing with fire
i wanna see paris, i wanna see tokyo, i wanna be careless even if i break my bones ― [BY american authors] i'm born to run

[c] themysteriousashe.

dialogue color for ma boi: #e60077 title color: #ff80bf

Last edited:
Quick Stats
Rating - Mature
Involves explicit language, violence and gore, and potential sex scenes.
Post Expectations - Intermediate/Advanced
Genres - Supernatural, Horror, Romance
Setting - Alternate Universe (supernatural creatures are known by general public)
Face Claims - Real peeps only
Player Limit - 10

There’s a reckonin’ a-comin’
And it burns beyond the grave.

It starts with a forest.​
Your eyes blink open, only to squint in the bright natural light filtering in through the branches. Above you is a gorgeous tapestry of reds, and oranges, and yellows, dark green where pine trees are woven in. A gentle, yet chilly breeze sweeps through. Fall is just setting in, even though you know spring has only just finished. It’s calm, refreshingly peaceful. It won’t be for long.​
You’ve had this dream before.​
You roll into a sitting position, gazing around you. There’s a creek at your side, gorgeous clear water running by, adding to the peaceful atmosphere. A deer grazes calmly on the other side, unbothered by your being there. If you really are there at all. Forest is all around you, and somehow you know that civilization is miles and miles away. You’re not completely isolated however.​
There’s a-a presence, that lingers at the edge of your consciousness. You’ve felt it, every time in these dreams, but never seen it’s source. It’s powerful though, this being you’ve only felt. Extremely powerful, and old, it’s strength far surpassing your own. The thought sends a shiver down your spine, when you focus on the feeling for too long. It’s not malicious however, at least, you don’t think so. Despite all the times you’ve had this dream, you never know what it wants from you. If it wants anything at all. Just as the thought comes to ask it, you just as easily forget about it.​

Time passes differently in dreams, you know. One moment it’s mid-day and the next it’s pitch dark. The forest is not as gentle when the night comes. Tree limbs become clawed hands reaching out to grab you, the water a fast torrent beside you. A wolf howls menacingly in the distance.​
And there’s a-a presence, but’s different this time, new, darker. This one is even older, even more powerful than the one before, if that’s even possible. This one, this one is not a passive observer - this one means you harm.​
There’s a warm breath on the back of your neck.​
You take off at a sprint, desperate. You know that it’s right behind you, you know. Awful sounds come from - from whatever it is. Harsh, inhuman breathing; a chilling, breathless laugh; the crackling, crackling of a great fire; the beating of large wings.​
Whatever it is, it means death for you.

You run, you run like your life depends on it because it does. Oh god it does. You run, and you run, but this is a dream and you know how dreams work. It doesn’t matter just how hard you run, just how fast you really are, this is a dream and you can never run fast enough. It’s gaining on you - fuck, it’s gaining on you. You can feel it’s hands, it’s talons brushing the back of your neck. Grabbing, grabbing with searching fingers at your nape. There’s safety ahead. There’s safety somewhere. If you can just get to it -​
And this is usually where the dream ends. You sit up in bed, breathing labored like you really had just run for your life.​
But this time you don’t.​
You keep running. Lungs burning, legs shaking. You can’t keep this up. You can - you can feel the end coming, the talons gaining just enough to leave burning streaks across the back of your neck. The forest - it's burning, too. It’s burning all around, flames as high as the sky, consuming even the stars. You’re not going to make it. You sob, breath hitching, almost choking on the air you so desperately need. You can’t, you can’t -​
Your wrist is grabbed.​
Jerked to the side, out of the path of the creature, and suddenly everything is calm again. It’s still night, but there are no howling wolves, no reaching trees. Just a pair of glowing silver eyes in front of you. It’s a man. He’s got shocking silver hair to match his silver, feline eyes. You realize that you know him, you do. This is the presence, the first one, the one that’s been watching you. You don’t feel scared, however. You feel the furthest from scared. Inexplicably, you know you are safe with him, like you - like you know him. You don’t really know him. Do you?​
There’s a look of urgency on his face and he hasn’t let go of your wrist, you notice. He tightens his grip - it’s painful. Even still you feel no fear. He leans forward, lips brushing the shell of your ear.​
“Come to me,” he whispers.​
And you wake up.​

---

When you look, in the morning, there are claw marks on the back of your neck, a bruise in the shape of a handprint on your wrist. And that terrifies you. Come to me. Just three words, murmured so intimately, yet they had sounded so desperate.​
Somehow, you know where you need to go.​

Will you?

Oh Lazarus, how did your debts get paid?
Oh Lazarus, were you so afraid?

The year is...
The year is 2019, and relations between humans and the supernatural couldn't be better. Witches and shamans revealed their presence to the non-magical population in early 1962. Of course, rumors of their existence have always circulated, and there have always been true believers, particularly when it came to Shamanism, but in February of 1962, the Supreme Coven, or the leaders of the witches, and the High Elders of the shamans, came together and met with the human government in the United States. What exactly they did to prove their magical prowess to President Kennedy is unknown, but exactly one week later, there was an official statement released to the public.

As the US government acknowledged the existence of witches and shamans, there were movements in other countries to do the same. Nothing changed at first, as mages were still anxious performing their magic and using their gifts in public, and therefore, much of the non-magical population still did not believe in the existence of magic. As mages became more public however, discrimination against them also grew. They were viewed as devil-worshipers, and seen in other such heinous light. In some cases in the North, there were hangings and the Salem Witch Trial Revivals became a movement. Not to mention, tensions were also high between the mages and the other members of the supernatural community, as the mages had not discussed going public with the High Council of Elders (the vampiric government), nor the Brotherhood of Hunters (werewolf hunters, as mage/vampire hunters have never been on good terms with the rest of the supernatural community). Because of the actions of the mages, vampires and werewolves were at risk of being found out as well, which neither community was ready for.

The government took strides to dissuade this discrimination, and there were political groups that did the same. Despite their superhuman capabilities, mages were humans too. These movements gained traction, and things began to calm down - at least to the point that there were less burnings and hangings - by 1980. That is, until the werewolf virus experienced a resurgence, and the Brotherhood of Hunters was forced to reveal themselves in June of 1982. Vampires revealed themselves as well, only a few months later in September of the same year. Tensions between the non-magical human population, and the supernatural were higher than ever. The Brotherhood of Hunters were blamed, for some reason, for the werewolves wreaking havoc, despite the fact that they were hunting said werewolves, and vampires wanted to be seen as citizens, with considerable pushback from the government and main populace. Again, there were movements fighting for the rights of supernatural beings, but traction was much slower this time around.

A branch of the British ministry formed in 1995 to better relations between humans and the supernatural, and the US did the same one year later. Vampires were officially seen as citizens of the US by 1998, and things improved further. Today, in 2019, there is still plenty of discrimination, but it is at an all-time low compared to the past.​
You are...
You are one of nine who have been receiving the same dream (or perhaps, the one who hasn't received the dreams at all). You weren't sure what weight to give these dreams, if any. They're certainly terrifying, and certainly strange, and certainly felt really fucking real, but did it really mean anything? But then, of course, this most recent dream occurs, where the ending has changed and you're given an ominous message. Come to me. Should you? Probably not. Will you? Definitely.

You are a vampire, witch, shaman, or human. You consider yourself pretty good at what you do, pretty skilled in whatever abilities that you have, but this dream scares the shit out of you. Not one extremely powerful being has come to you in a dream, but two. And what the fuck does that mean? Also the claw marks hurt, and so does the bruise at your wrist. You want answers, probably, more than anything. So yes, you're going to go to this random address in Maine in the United States that's mysteriously appeared in your head, despite whatever distance you have to travel from your place in the world because;

What the fuck?
What you don't know...
What you don't know, is that there is danger coming. Or perhaps you've already guessed, however, you don't know what's to come.

It's angels.

Yes, angels. And not the sweet little cherubs with fluffy white wings. These are the Archangels of the Damned, with great wings made of steel and fire, with talons for fingers and broken bones for teeth. There's a large group of them, a council, ironically similar to the one most supernatural beings have fashioned, and they're looking to collect on our souls. They're gathering an army of angels, and of Hellhounds, to bring hell, or perhaps the more accurate term would be Heaven, down on Earth. And no one will be spared.

That was the creature chasing you in all the dreams you've had, because it knows. It knows that you are one of the seven (eight) destined to stop it all.

But of course, you don't know anything about that. Not yet, at least.
Who is he?
Who is he? The presence in your dreams? The one demanding you come to him?

Well, that - that's complicated.

Hardly anyone knows anything about him, not even his real name. He goes by many things: Paksu, the Shaman, the Dreamweaver, the Oracle Vampire, even simply, Silas (there are people that argue that Silas is his real name, while others argue that it can't be - I'll tell you a secret: it's not). It's known that he's old, he's a vampire, and he's one of the most powerful seers and dreamwalkers to currently exist. But he's a recluse. Rarely is he seen in public, at any sort of social gathering, or event. He's been asked, multiple times, to join the High Council of Elders for the vampires, but has turned them down, in favor of his privacy. And while he is technically considered a High Elder among the shamans, he never is seen taking on an apprentice or actively participating in the loose politics that shamans have in place. Since he's rarely ever seen, this only further adds to the legend surrounding him. It's possible you've heard of him, especially if you're a vampire or shaman.

Now, at the beginning of this year, Paksu started to have visions. Awful, truly horrific, visions about the end of the world. He doesn't have all the details, not really, but one thing he is certain about is that he can stop it. Just, well, not on his own. Any scenario where he tries to stop the end of the world on his own, ends with him as a pelted puddle on the pavement and the world on fire all around him. No, he can only do it with help - with the help of nine (ten) of you. He's been watching you. Not stalking, because ew, but watching you through your dreams (which is that really any better my dude?), trying to understand what it is that makes you special. He realized that you all have amazing potential, and perhaps more power than you realize.

And he's also realized that he's fallen just a little bit in love with each of you, all of you, in the process.

Have I mentioned that this is supposed to be a polyamorous romance?

(I hope that doesn't scare you off.)

He isn't opposed to love, and isn't opposed to loving more than one person. But he's still hesitant. Because falling in love when the world is about to end is dangerous. Distracting. Plus, it will only make it harder, if one of you dies.
OOC Notes
UPDATE 1/12 - We are currently looking for one, or two more players! Specifically to fill the human role, which is actually pretty important so make sure you chat with me, and perhaps another shaman role. Make sure to check out the sign-ups and ic if you're interested! And don't be afraid to ask questions!

I will leave this open for a few days to see if we have any takers before closing it again, so speak now or forever hold your peace lololol. We haven't gotten past the arrival scene in the ic so it will not be hard at all to jump in.

*waves hands shyly*

So, if you've made it this far - THANK GOD. I have spent way too long on this please please give me the love and validation that i so desperately crave. Or kill me. Either or, I'm not picky, surprise me.

These are just gonna be some notes about the rp in case it wasn't clear in everything you read above/wasn't included.
- Takes place in a universe where supernatural beings are known. Woohoo! Sorta
- 3 vamps (1 is a vamp/witch), 2 witches, 1 shaman, and 1 human are the playable chars. I will not be taking reservations at this time but I wanted to give you a heads up on the cast.
- I will go more into the lore abt all the creatures later, but you are also free to ask any burning questions you have! I will answer.
- Werewolves are not playable, simply because they are absolutely batshit crazy and feral and that's just not feasible. Again, I'll get into it later!
- I was hoping for this to be polyamorous? As in, all the chars (or most of them) are in a big relationship together. Let me know if this is a huge turn-off for you though. I wanna see how many people would play if it wasn't polyamorous. I might change it. LIKE I SAID I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS AND REALLY WANT TO RP IT OUT
- I'll be playing Paksu. He's just too big of a role to be an npc.
- There's going to be a lot of gore and horror. Your char will definitely get hurt, maybe maimed, may even die. Keep this in mind please!
- IF there are more than 7 peeps interested, I may expand this, so make sure you let me know down below! Even if it's like, a quick hello.
- Okay, yeah I think that's it for now! There will def be updates! So if you're interested, make sure you 'watch' the thread, I will always post here and let you guys know if I added anything.
- Feel free to ask questions! Chat with me, I don't bite!!

Last edited:
6540d7ec5264e9e727f1da81ca078f0e.jpg

순 대연
sun dae-yeon

location| his office, the menagerie
mentions| no one

Museoumgwa duryeoum da, Hechyeo naa gal su isseulkka?

Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa. Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

Oh I can be there yeah, I’ll be there be there for you. I know you got them big dreams too, you can show me yours if you want to. They’re beautiful, we can look at them for hours. Surrender to their power. I see new worlds these visions, they burn inside of me, just out of touch; but still close enough to be part of me. I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

Na museowodo an sungnyeosseo, na duryeowodo geunyang dallyeosseo. Naneun nal mideotgie pipbak giroedo, going ma way nadaun seontaek (I heard). Keojineun moksori gippeumui sumsori, sungan neukkyeosseo, nan kkumeul irul georan geol.

I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

"This is is what dialogue looks like!!!" Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa. "Do I like this color?" Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

"Hell yeah!" Oh I can be there yeah, I’ll be there be there for you. I know you got them big dreams too, you can show me yours if you want to. They’re beautiful, we can look at them for hours. Surrender to their power. I see new worlds these visions, they burn inside of me, just out of touch; but still close enough to be part of me. I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

Na museowodo an sungnyeosseo, na duryeowodo geunyang dallyeosseo. Naneun nal mideotgie pipbak giroedo, going ma way nadaun seontaek (I heard). Keojineun moksori gippeumui sumsori, sungan neukkyeosseo, nan kkumeul irul georan geol.

I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

dialogue color = #ff4d4d

• Love
Reactions: pip.

순 대연
sun dae-yeon

location| the menagerie
interactions| no one
mentions| ruhi

cs

Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa. Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

Oh I can be there yeah, I’ll be there be there for you. I know you got them big dreams too, you can show me yours if you want to. They’re beautiful, we can look at them for hours. Surrender to their power. I see new worlds these visions, they burn inside of me, just out of touch; but still close enough to be part of me. I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

"This is is what dialogue looks like!!!" Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa. "Do I like this color?" Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

"Hell yeah!" Oh I can be there yeah, I’ll be there be there for you. I know you got them big dreams too, you can show me yours if you want to. They’re beautiful, we can look at them for hours. Surrender to their power. I see new worlds these visions, they burn inside of me, just out of touch; but still close enough to be part of me. I’ll be there when the day comes (A brand new day). Head up in that sunlight baby, I’ll be there when the day comes (We know the world). Show the world just who I can be.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Last edited:
SOUL BOUND

Once upon a time, humans were not alone.

It's said that the Sun, the Moon and the Earth worked together to create humankind. These humans did not look as they do now. The celestials made humans in their likeness: round. They had two heads, faces in opposite directions, and two sets of genitals. Sun created man, possessing two male genitalia, Earth created woman, possessing two female genitalia, and Moon created the androgyne, possessing one of each. They had four arms, and four legs, and they rolled from place to place. They were fast, they were powerful. They were complete.

They grew too arrogant, however. They believed themselves powerful enough to take on the gods, and that was exactly what they tried. As the humans attempted to roll themselves up Mount Olympus, the gods watched, trying to decide what to do. Some accounts say they feared the humans, others that they were simply angered by their insolence. Whatever the case, Zeus decided not to kill them. Instead, he would humble them.

He split them down the middle, leaving each half to roam free on their own. For the first time, humans were alone. And with that came unintended consequences the almighty Zeus hadn't accounted for.

In agony over their missing halves, the humans ran around frantically in search for them. They wouldn't eat, they wouldn't sleep, they threw themselves off cliffs and drowned themselves in the ocean out of despair. Zeus had never intended for the human race to die out; who, after all, would give the gods sacrifices? This was the reason he had not obliterated them in the first place. And yet, here they were, doing it to themselves.

In a desperate attempt to get them to stop, Zeus gave them gifts (of what, the legend does not say), in order to better find their mates. It worked, for a time. But those that still could not find their other half, who had lost their other half, were destroyed, and those that could were distraught that they could not be so connected, so together as they once were. Hera argued that this was the perfect opportunity to let humankind die out, so they could start anew with something fresher, better. Zeus, who did not want to go through the pains of starting over, disagreed.

They needed to forget. The problem was, Zeus deduced, that they knew they had another half out there. They knew they were not whole. So he needed to make them forget. So he traveled to the Underworld, to ask for Hades' aide. However, Hades didn't want to save the humans - each soul that passed through his gates he welcomed with open arms. Yet as king of the gods, Hades could not turn him down. He agreed to help Zeus, but he warned that it would come with a great cost.

Hades gave Zeus water from the river Lethe, of which one sip could make a mortal forget their entire existence. Zeus sprinkled it from the skies and the humans forgot what they lacked, they forgot they were once whole, even if their souls could not forget. They went about their lives.

Meanwhile, Hera decided to go behind Zeus's back. With the help of Prometheus, they created a new humankind out of clay. They were simple, powerless, easy to control, although Prometheus soon ruined this (but that's another story). Most importantly though, they did not have soulmates.

Sad perhaps. Or perhaps they were better off. They did not need another person to complete them. They were whole on their own.

At least, that is what some believe. That's how mythology explains the rare phenomenon of soulmates. Is it the truth? Well, that's hard to say. Most people don't believe in them. Some do. But the rare few, like you, know they're real. Because you've felt the familiar tug on your soul.

"Loving you is easy, or like words on a page."

Dr. Rene Pfeiffer. An up and coming brain surgeon, who disappeared just after receiving his license to practice. No one knows quite where he went, or why, although it caused quite the uproar in the medical community. All anyone could talk about was how much potential he had. And the rumors about some of the crazy theories he was vying to prove. Reincarnation, twin flames, soulmates. 'Sad,' they say. They had been so excited to see the things he'd do, what he'd accomplish when he set up his own practice.

Little did they know that he has. Set up his own practice, that is. It's just a little... unconventional.

He's researching soulmates; that wasn't just a rumor. Soulmates are a real thing. He doesn't believe in mythology, however; he doesn't even really believe in souls. But he can't refute the facts, the incredible bond, the connection that these 'soulmates' have. So he's going to get to the bottom of it, through science. It's been almost a year, but he's figured out how to those with soulmates from those without.

That's how he found you.

Whether or not you knew you were one of the lucky few to be soul-bonded, he found you. How he took you, well, that's up to you and how much you fought back. Some he was able to convince to come with him willingly, while others get a bag over their head and sedatives running through their veins, only to wake up in a strange place. It's a large room, clinically white, and filled with rows of cots sectioned off by curtains. Some, the paired soulmates, get cots double the size of the singles, to sleep together. No windows. The door locks from the outside. There are twenty-some others with you, each given a 'subject number'. None of you have anything in common - that is, apart from the fact you all have one, or more soulmates, whether you know it or not.

And you're about to be tortured for it.

(He did say there would be a price to pay.)

Dr. Pfeiffer didn't disappear from the eyes of the medical world and greater society just because he was researching something considered to be unconventional. But because he's also decided to use any means necessary to obtain the knowledge he seeks. Any means necessary. He feels medical professionals nowadays are too weak, unwilling to do what needs to be done to achieve greatness. That, and he's also a sadist and a psychopath.

Your old life is over - there’s no getting around it. Who you were is gone. These are the sorts of experiences that change people. Destroy them. You will not be able to go back after this. You can mourn the past if you like, but make sure you focus on the most important thing - getting out alive.

The King of the Underworld welcomes all his children with open arms. Make sure you aren’t one of them.

QUICK STATS
Rating - Mature
Involves explicit violence, gore, body horror, abuse (all types), psychological horror, language, character death, and sex scenes.

Post Expectations - Intermediate/Advanced
Posting Speed - at least once every two weeks
Genres - Horror, Thriller, Angst, Romance, Slice of Life
Setting - Scifi(ish), Soulmate AU
Face Claims - Real peeps only
Player Limit - No real limit
OOC NOTES
-- So! Basically, your character is someone's soulmate, whether they know it or not. They'll either a) be successfully kidnapped by Pfeiffer, b) Pfeiffer fails to kidnap them/they are rescued from kidnapping by the Soulmate Coalition (more on that later), or c) they are involved with the Soulmate Coalition and Pfeiffer hasn't found them out yet. We'll be following two stories: those that are being tortured, and those that are not (yet).

-- Your character will get maimed in some way, and it is entirely possible they might be killed off! Even if you choose not to have them kidnapped initially by Pfeiffer. You can choose to keep some characters safe from this, but please don't go into this thinking you'll keep all your characters safe and sound. This isn't that type of roleplay.

-- As I mentioned, there is going to be a lot of horrible shit going on! I don't have everything planned, but if something might trigger you, please let me know ahead of time and I will see what I can do. For some things I do have planned that could be potentially triggering: gruesome character death, rape, removal of body parts, autopsies while alive & awake, various forms of mutilation/torture, nonconsensual drug use, various forms of mind control, and various forms of psychological & emotional torture.

-- All genders and sexualities are welcome!

-- You can make up to six characters, as long as you can handle them all.

-- I also will not be capping how many players this roleplay could have! Sign-ups will only be open for about three weeks, but most likely, every few months or so sign-ups will open again, and there will be opportunity for current players to make new characters, and new players to join!

-- I will not be accepting everyone however. Since this is a plot where very sensitive subjects will be handled, there is a certain caliber of writing I will be looking for. Obviously, that's not to say those that are very good writers can't horribly mishandle sensitive subjects, but I will be asking for writing samples before I accept players (multiple samples would be fantastic, but not required). They can be sent over pm onsite or dm on discord (Gemini #9495). Please do not take it personally if I turn you down. If you want, here are some samples of my own writing: x x x x x.

-- Depending on how large we get, I may look for a co-gm to help me out!

-- We'll be pairing up soulmates in different ways! You can set up your own partnerships, I will be setting up a sort of 'adoption' and I can also pair you up if you so wish. Keep in mind, they are actually soulmates, so they complete each other in some way, shape, or form, even if they hate each other at first. This should go into character creation! Some soulmates might not have found their partner(s) yet, who might be safe.

-- Soulmates don't have to be romantic! They can be platonic, and they can also hate each other - actually I absolutely encourage you to explore what being someone's soulmate means for your character.

-- Soulmates also don't necessarily have to be a pair of two.

-- This will be taking place in/around New York City! Characters can be residents of NYC/NY State, or visiting for whatever reason, so your character can literally be from anywhere, as long as they have reason to be in New York City long enough to be kidnapped!

-- Also, disclaimer, only half the legend above is the real 'mythology' - which actually if you're interested and a geek like me, it was merely a concept thought up by ancient Greek philosopher Aristophanes, rather than a traditional myth. The other half of it though I made up to suit my needs lol.

-- More information on the roleplay will be coming soon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MiharuAya

RULES

all iwaku rules apply, as always!

just a reminder, in order to be accepted into this roleplay, and before you can post your charrie sheet, please send me at least one sample of your writing.

MATURITY

first and foremost i want to stress again that this will be a very dark roleplay. i don’t know everything that will happen, but again, some of the potentially triggering things that could occur: gruesome character death, rape, removal of body parts, autopsies while alive & awake, various forms of mutilation/torture, nonconsensual drug use, various forms of mind control, and various forms of psychological & emotional torture. there will be a lot of non-con everything. so please join with this in mind; this is supposed to be fun, and i want y'all to be safe. on the flip side, i don’t want to accept any snowflakes that end up freaking out at me a week in when something gruesome happens to your character. lots of gruesome things are going to happen to your character. there will be an opportunity to have some characters to experience fluff, but again, please don’t join thinking everything’s going to be fine and dandy for your character.

TRIGGERS
if something might trigger you, please let me know ahead of time and i will see what i can do. It could be something where, when certain situations happen in the roleplay, everyone places it in spoilers - a lot of the sexual non-con, and very graphic body horror will be placed in spoilers anyways (which will be discussed in more detail once we get closer to the ic). some specific things your characters can be spared from. there are some things that you might not be able to avoid however, which is why i stress that you talk to me.

POSTING EXPECTATIONS

for this roleplay i expect 2 to 3 paragraphs at a minimum, per character. these should be well written with good grammar, although if you make some mistakes here or there i won’t be too nitpicky; we’re all human. if i frequently have trouble understanding what you are trying to say however, that is when we may have a problem. let me know though, if english is not your first language! i am happy to help, as i'm sure several of the other players would too.

POSTING SPEED

i expect at least one post every two weeks. obviously if you’ve got stuff going on, i understand. just make sure to let me know! if it gets to the point, however, where you are consistently putting something off, whether it be character creation, or posting in the ic, i may ask you to leave (usually this is after the third time i have prompted).

THREE STRIKES RULE

there will be no harassment of any kind! as a gm i usually deal with things on a case by case basis. usually i employ the 'three strikes rule' but if what you did was really shitty then i also reserve the right to immediately kick you out. i've never had to do this however, and i would not like to start now. so please, don't be an asshole. don't hesitate to let me know if you are having issues with another player. this also applies, in if i have to prompt you to complete/post/do something three times, and you still haven’t, i may ask you to leave. especially if i get little to no communication in return.

DIVERSITY

i strongly, strongly encourage diversity in characters. i’m not the type of person to ban certain characters, but if i start getting bland, cardboard cutouts of basically the same character i will turn them down. there are only so many straight, white, vsco girls i can handle. that being said, there will be a lot of lgbt+ rep in this roleplay, i know i plan on pretty much creating all queer characters. if you have a problem with that, you know where the door is.

CHARACTERS

i will be allowing each player to have up to six characters! if i see you are struggling to handle them all, however, i will ask you to cut back. they do not necessarily have to be in play all at once. face claims must be realistic.

LORE

please actually read and follow the lore. if you have suggestions i am more than happy to hear them, and if you have questions i am more than happy to answer them! there will be a discord chat for that, and my pms are always open.

Last edited:

THE SOUL-BOUND

So, we've established that soulmates are real, but there's still a lot more to understand about them. First and foremost, soulmates, actual soulmates, are classified as two, or more, people who have a seemingly supernatural connection. One that transcends a normal connection between two (or more) individuals, so deeply rooted in their very being it can only be inferred that it involves their very souls. When not referring to a specific pair, they are referred to as one of the soul-bound, considered as being soul-bound or soul-bonded. It's estimated that they make up a whopping 0.3% of the population, but the real number could be much greater or lesser as there has never been any official research done on this.

A soul-bond can manifest at any point in an individual's life, in many different ways. It can be something they've experienced since a young age, or can appear when they are old and wrinkled. It can appear suddenly, and without warning, or steadily grow over time. It can occur while the soulmates are on other sides of the world, or the moment they touch. Each pair, or group, of soulmates' bond manifests differently. They also, more often than not, experience their bond differently from other soulmates, although they generally fall within seven different categories. These categories can overlap somewhat, and often do.

THE EMPATHS
The most common type of bond is that of empaths - those that can sense, feel, each other's emotions. Often they will be able to tell that these emotions are not their own, and it will not influence their own emotions, however, this is not the case for all empaths. Especially when the bond first manifests. The specifics of how this occurs varies from soul-bond to soul-bond. Some are constantly in tune with their soulmate's emotions, even from long distances, while others need to be in physical contact, or looking at each other. It all depends on the bond. Often goes hand in hand with telepaths.

THE TELEPATHS
You know those people, that know each other so well they seem to communicate without having to speak out loud? Well in the case of those that are telepathically soul-bound, it doesn't just seem that way, it's actually the case. Telepaths are capable of communicating with their soulmate(s) with their mind, although the specifics of how exactly this occurs, similar to empaths, vary from bond to bond. They are the second most common type of bond, and often go hand in hand with empaths.

THE DREAMWALKERS

These types of soulmates share dreams. Sometimes they are only able to see the dreams of their soulmate(s), sometimes they are capable of interacting with or even changing the dream (although whoever functions as the dreamer might not realize that they are dreaming), and still, others are capable of communicating with each other through their dreams. More often than not, this begins way before the two soul-bonded meet. Although there are, of course, exceptions.

THE SOUL-TIED
Have you ever heard of the red string of fate? It's supposedly a red string, as the name implies, that connects us to our soulmate. The soul-tied are perhaps the manifestation closest to the embodiment of this myth. Their souls are literally tied together, or at least, that's what it feels like. It feels like an invisible string, rope, or chain, some might even call it, connects them to their soulmate(s). Often this only manifests after they first touch, and initially, it can be quite painful to separate. For some, this lessens over time, for others it doesn't. Some soul-tied are capable of sensing where their soulmate is, by following the 'string' that binds them.

THE MARKED

Of all the soul-bond types, the marked are the only ones to have a bond that manifests physically. An unmistakable mark blooms across their skin, matching that of their soulmate(s). Some have this mark since birth (always, in this case, it resembles a birthmark, if an unusual one), while others crop up during their lifetime, or only when they first touch their soulmate. More often than not, these types of bonds also coincide with another type.

THE PAIN-SHARERS
As the name suggests, these soulmates share pain - and not necessarily just physical pain. Any wound that one soulmate receives, the other(s) feel. Some will even have the wound manifest on their own skin, and in some cases, should one soulmate die, so do their others. Most commonly combined with the soul-tied type.

THE REINCARNATED LOVERS
This type of soulmate remembers their past lives. There are theories that all soulmates have been reborn again and again, destined each lifetime to find each other, but the reincarnated lovers are the only ones that actually remember it. Some receive their memories in dreams (not all are sure they are real), while some remember out-right and some don't remember at all. This can be mixed even within the soulmate pair or group, however, there is always at least one who remembers in some way (there are theories though, that there are sets of reincarnated lovers out there, where none of the bonded remember). This type of bond has not been known to ever converge with another and it is the rarest of the seven.

Last edited:
sunny

dialogue color: #C79530

Last edited:
Reactions: balenxiaga boi
minseok

dialogue color: #DFA7B0

Last edited:
SINK OR SWIM

SINK OR SWIM

Last edited:

SUNNY OH

DR. RENE PFEIFFER

MINSEOK MEADOWS

LUCY DE LEON

"This is is what dialogue looks like!!!" Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa."Do I like this color?" Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

ELLIS BENNETTE

"This is is what dialogue looks like!!!" Choemyeone chwihan deut, Nareul jabadanggyeo ikkeureosseo, Mueongae hollin deut, Nae anui moksorireul deutge dwaesseo. Dachi anado seonmyeonghan miraeui papyeon, Saeroun segye kkumui munjangi nal gamssa."Do I like this color?" Nareul chajeun nare (A brand new day). Bichui gyedaneul ollaga, Kkumeul kkudeon sungan (We know the world). Sesange nal boyeojwo.

Last edited:
Reactions: buttercup

KIM HYE-JIN

"when you are constantly changing your face -"

BASIC INFORMATION

Name: Kim Hye-Jin
Pronunciation- kim hyay-jin​
Nicknames- Hyejinnie, Jin, Jinnie​
Pronouns- he/him​
Species: Eastern Dragon
Ethnicity: Korean
Scent: hot springs; warm water, wet moss, earth & stone
Orientation: Asexual, Biromantic
Level: Mezzanine

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Height: Hyejin stands at 5'10'' and typically does not wear any heeled shoes that make him appear any taller.
Hair: Hyejin has long, dark brown, almost black, hair that he often parts in the middle, over his forehead, otherwise his bangs hang into his eyes. Normally he keeps it his natural, dark brown, but occasionally he can be seen dying it even darker till it's a deep ebony color, or to a lighter brown. On a day to day basis he doesn't really do much styling, besides brushing it and parting it. Sometimes he doesn't even do that.
Eyes: He has dark brown eyes, with flecks of light blue in them. Being part-human definitely has it's drawbacks, as he got his nearsightedness from his half-human father. Normally his eyes are hidden by a pair of round-rimmed glasses since he's typically too lazy to put in contacts.
Build: He has an average build for a man of his stature. His shoulders aren't overly wide, or narrow, and neither are his hips. His waist is a little on the smaller side but not by much. And he's decently toned, as he leads an active lifestyle but doesn't consciously work out.
Species Specific: Even though Jin is incapable of shifting, certain parts of his body are covered in navy blue scales, such as his hairline, tailbone, shoulder blades, ankles, wrists, certain spots underneath his chin and more.
Other Notes: Jin has a few tattoos. He has his son's name in hangul (하늘), in small black lettering - no bigger than a quarter - tattooed across his left clavicle. There's a gorgeous tattoo of a forest that wraps around his ankle, that he got to cover up his soulmate mark. He has a circular tattoo of a paper boat riding out a storm on the inside of his right bicep. And he also has a tattoo on his left forearm of a wave, coming up out of a triangle.

ABILITIES & SPECIES INFO

Species: In contrast to their brethren from the west, Korean dragons represent water and agriculture rather than fire and destruction. They dwell in bodies of water, whether that be lakes, rivers, the ocean or mountain springs; Hyejin’s family personally come from a long line of dragons that came from mountain hot springs. In their dragon form, they are long and python-like, with four limbs that have four claws each. Because Jin’s father was half-human however, he is incapable of shifting into a dragon form, even if he does possess almost all the other attributes of his kind. Since he is reptilian in nature, and comes from a long line spring-dwellers, he is much more sensitive to the cold, and is naturally predisposed to like things a lot warmer.

Abilities:
--
Jin is incapable of shifting into a dragon form, however, he does still have patches of scales that cover certain parts of his body. These scales are tough and stronger than diamonds; they will deflect pretty much anything.
-- His skin is also slightly tougher than normal, even the parts untouched by scales, however, he is not bulletproof. It certainly is hard to make him bleed, for example, he has never gotten a paper cut, and couldn't get one if he tried, it just doesn't make him invincible.
-- The 'softest' parts of his body are protected by these scales. This includes the sides of his stomach, sides of his forehead (protecting the temporal artery), underneath his chin (over his jugular and pulse points), his inner thighs (protecting the femoral artery), and insides of his elbows and knees (protecting the brachial and popliteal arteries respectively). These scales also make appearances at other points of his body, particularly major joints like his wrists, tailbone, ankles, and shoulder blades.
-- Instead of breathing fire, he ‘breathes’ mist. While he can’t control it once it’s been formed, he can choose how thick he wants the vapor to be, as well as it’s temperature. It’s helpful if he ever needed to make a quick escape, as he can create an unnaturally thick fog to disappear into.
-- He can breathe this water vapor either through his mouth or nostrils; he typically chooses his mouth as it makes his nose run afterward, because of the added moisture, but he tends to unintentionally snort hot steam when extremely pissed off.
-- He can sense atmospheric changes, in pressure, temperature, and wind, and is adept at reading those ‘signs’ in order to interpret the weather. This is an ability common to Korean dragons, as a part of their brain has adapted to be able to sense these things.
-- He can also breathe underwater, is naturally predisposed as a very good swimmer despite little practice and can withstand great amounts of heat - although only when submerged in water. He can sit in a tub, with water hot enough to be boiling, however, he cannot do the same if he were sitting in a dry room that has caught fire.
-- He has incredible superhuman strength, the type that can lift a truck and bend steel. He is not as strong as a full-blooded dragon, however, as he cannot shift.

Weaknesses:
--
His toughened skin is really only helpful when it comes to small cuts. He can't get a papercut and it's hard for him to accidentally slice himself with a knife, but if someone were to actually try to stab him, for example, or shoot him, his toughened skin would not protect him from that. Unless that is, they were to have poor enough aim to go for the patches of skin that are covered in scales.
-- The skin where the scales meet normal skin can itch and chafe occasionally, especially if it gets too dried out.
-- Because of the state of his skin, Jin has trouble getting medical aide, particularly if he needed an IV or injection of some sort. Not all needles are strong enough to pierce his skin. Not only that, but the easiest points to access his arteries and veins (insides of his elbows, wrists, knees) are protected by scales that cannot be pierced by any means. This is also not ideal if he were to need surgery, particularly if they needed to access through his abdomen as they have limited space to work with, or if he were to need stitches.
-- Unlike most of his brethren, Jin does not have an extended lifespan - a fact made clear by the way his healing is not hindered in any way. Instead, he heals at a normal, almost human rate.
-- He has no immunity to fire or other such 'dry' heat.
-- His body has much greater demands for water, especially when he's been breathing mist or snorting steam, and becomes dehydrated much faster than a normal human. As his lungs and airways have adapted to breathe water, they are also prone to drying out if the air is too dry or he hasn't submerged himself in a while. He gets frequent nose bleeds and feels like his throat is on fire when this is the case. In his apartment he keeps humidifiers running 24/7 to mitigate this.
-- He also requires frequent hot baths. He won’t dry out, per se, but it is definitely uncomfortable as his body is accustomed to a warm, wet environment. He finds it harder to stay warm, like he’s chilled to the bone regardless of how many layers he's sporting, and feels as if his skin/scales are growing too tight for his frame.

PERSONALITY

Traits: altruistic, gentle, kind-hearted, stubborn, strong, sweet, emotional, eccentric, weird, optimistic, loud, lively, protective, paternalistic, loving, friendly, hardworking, control-freak, honest, supportive, perfectionist
Explanation: Hyejin is the epitome of the 'looks like a cinnamon roll and is actually a cinnamon roll' meme. He's an incredibly sweet, gentle and kind-hearted person, who's constantly bubbly and smiling. He's the type that wouldn't be able to hurt a fly. Actually, if he wasn't so terrified of spiders, he would probably capture and release them (as it is he usually panics and crushes them accidentally). Jin's a lover, not a fighter. He's always trying his best to help other people out, he considers it his life calling - that, and being a father. Being a father is actually such a big part of him now, though, that it would be impossible to talk about his personality and not mention it. He loves his son so much, and there's nothing he wants more in the world than to raise him right - he's constantly terrified of messing it up. And while he's a giant teddy bear, it should be noted, he can and will kick ass for his son, and his loved ones (but especially his son).​

Likes: his son, spending time with his son, anything to do with his son, helping people, reading, tea, nice long baths, swimming, rainy days
Dislikes: the heat, coffee, messing up, a dirty house, being told what to do, Elysion & its ideals, the Department of Families, heteronormative/amanormative bullshit

BRIEF HISTORY

-- Jin grew up in a well-off Mezzanine family, as an only child. His half-dragon father is a doctor, his mother in sales.
-- Was brainwashed to believe in Elysion's heteronormative/amatormative ideals, and dreamed of meeting his soulmate one day. And then he actually met Maggie.
-- They hit it off at a party during their sophomore year of college. Got drunk, fucked, and then compared soulmate tattoos. It was meant as a joke, except they actually matched.
-- They got married exactly one month later.
-- For two years, they tried to make it work, they really did. But they constantly fought, and every time they attempted to have sex, sober at least, it was strained and uncomfortable. Plus Maggie didn't want to have kids.
-- But it had to work, because they were soulmates. Maggie was even more of a staunch believer in the system, and it was extremely difficult for her to wrap her head around. Often she took her frustration and confusion out on him.
-- Then Maggie got pregnant.
-- Maggie's immediate reaction was to want an abortion, which exploded into a huge argument between them, because Jin wanted kids. Badly.
-- To make matters worse, around this time Jin walked in on Maggie having sex with a woman. He was heartbroken - of course he was, he had loved her after all - however, a part of him had started to figure out that she was a lesbian, so he couldn't say he was surprised.
-- They ended up coming to an agreement - Maggie couldn't get a divorce because of her job, but they would stay separated. Maggie would have their child, and Jin would be his sole caretaker.
-- Luckily for them, the tenant in the apartment next door had moved out, so Maggie moved in.
-- A couple of months before the due date, Jin decided he didn't want their son ever going through what they did. He didn't want him getting a soulmate tattoo, or an ID chip. Maggie fought with him over it, however, in the end, she agreed. But she warned him she would not help him if it came back to bite him in the ass.
-- So they hid the birth. Given his medical background, he was able to help her through it, and they made it seem as if Maggie had lost the child.
-- Now Haneul is getting older, and nearly three years later, Jin is starting to regret such that decision; clearly he didn't think it through enough. He fears for his son's future because he can't keep him hidden forever.

EXTRA

-- Notable NPC: His three-year-old son, Haneul. Hannie is a wild little spit-fire - and by that, he often literally spits fire. He inherited a lot of his mother's intensity, along with his father's eccentricity and they have no idea where he got his mischievous nature. He's able to shift into a dragon form - about the size of a house cat, currently - and while he looks a lot like his mother, he inherited his father's blue scales (although he's got a lot of golden flecks).
-- Jin is in the process of finishing his Nurse Practioner degree.
-- He and Haneul have a border collie named Spaghetti, or Hetti for short. Hyejin objected to naming their dog after a type of pasta but he's a sucker for his son. Thus, Spaghetti was dubbed Spaghetti.
-- Hyejin works part-time as a nurse in quite a few different places, including the hospital in the Mezzanine district, but also various clinics in the area, as well as some clinics down in Terran. He also frequently works with the Department of Families clinic in his area at the end of the year, when they outsource medical professionals.

"- it is difficult to remember which one is your own."

MAGGIE KIM

"they say if you lie often enough, you'll begin to believe it."

BASIC INFORMATION

Name: Magnhild Kim neé Ibrahim
Pronunciation- mang-in-hild​
Nicknames- Maggie​
Pronouns- she/her​
Species: African/European Dragon
Ethnicity: German, Egyptian & Ethiopian
Scent: smokey sycamore wood and a bit like metal
Orientation: Homosexual, Homoromantic
Level: Mezzanine

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Height: Maggie stands at 5'5'' barefoot, although she typically dons heels that give her a lift to about 5'7'' or 5'8''.
Hair: She has dark brown, curly hair that just nearly comes down to her shoulders. She wears it in a variety of different styles, depending on the day, her outfit and her mood, but on an average day she wears it down. While it's not her top priority, she takes pretty good care of it.
Eyes: Maggie has dark brown eyes flecked with gold, with normal, humanoid pupils the majority of the time. Should she shift her pupils become slits and turn a light, shining golden color.
Build: She has a lithe body type; muscular, but not overtly so, as much of her strength is the hidden, supernatural kind. When not in her shifted form, her body type is fairly average beyond that.
Species Specific: Even in her human form certain parts of her body are covered in golden scales, such as her hairline, tailbone, shoulder blades, ankles, wrists, certain spots underneath her chin and more.
Other Notes: Maggie has two tattoos, not including the soulmate tattoo at her ankle; the word 'yes' in cursive on her left wrist, and a large dragon that takes up the whole of her back. Her ears are pierced and so is her belly button.

ABILITIES & SPECIES INFO

Species: Maggie is a dragon, of which there are many different breeds with their own unique characteristics, depending on where they hail from. Maggie herself is of mixed descent, with parts of her family hailing from Europe, and Northern and Subsaharan Africa. European dragons are tall and stocky, known for breathing fire, their aggressiveness, and territorial instincts. African dragons are long and serpentine, typically seen as benevolent and thought of as gods or the helpers of gods. Both types have a very long lifespan, aging very slowly once they reach their early twenties. Maggie is a mix of both; she's bulkier than most African dragons, and longer, more serpentine than her European counterparts.

Abilities:
--
As a full-blooded dragon Maggie is capable of shapeshifting into a dragon form. When shifting, her bones crack, and shift, and hollow out, form lengthening and growing in size, skin toughening and covering in shiny golden scales. She's roughly thirty feet long, and thirteen feet tall in this form, and her wingspan is roughly 50 feet long. Her talons are long, and an offwhite, same as the two large horns on her forehead, and the ones that line her neck.
-- She is capable of breathing fire, in both human and dragon form (although this ability is considerably weaker in her human form).
-- Her scales are tough and stronger than diamonds. When in her dragon shift, most anything will reflect of her scales, including bullets and especially fire. She is impervious to flame in her dragon form.
-- In her human form, her skin is slightly tougher than normal - especially the parts where scales are there permanently - however, she is not bulletproof, nor is she completely impervious to flame. She is certainly more flame retardant than your average human, and it takes quite a bit of effort to make her bleed. She has, for example, never gotten a paper cut, and couldn't get one if she tried.
-- Because her human form is considerably more prone to injury than her dragon shift, the 'softest' parts of her body are still protected by these scales. This includes the sides of her stomach, sides of her forehead (protecting the temporal artery), underneath her chin (over her jugular and pulse points), her inner thighs (protecting the femoral artery), and insides of her elbows and knees (protecting the brachial and popliteal arteries respectively). These scales also make appearances at other points of her body, particularly major joints like her wrists, tailbone, ankles, and shoulder blades.
-- Is predisposed to a warmer climate and can handle the heat much easier than an average human. She rarely feels overheated unless the weather is really pushing it, but it also leads her to get cold fairly easily. Often can be seen sporting jackets in the middle of summer.
-- In dragon form, her senses, particularly her eyesight, are incredibly enhanced. In human form, they are only slightly more advanced than that of a normal human - her eyesight is considered 20/10.
-- She has incredible superhuman strength, the type that can lift a truck and bend steel. Although in order to reach her full strength, she would need to shift into her dragon form.

Weaknesses:
--
Shifting forms is painful, as her body reshapes and reforms. It also takes time to perform a full-shift. Typically it takes her three or four minutes to do comfortably. Rushing it is even more painful, and can lead to straining, or in some extreme cases, tearing, muscles, tendons, or ligaments.
-- Shifting form also takes a tremendous amount of energy and calories, which makes it difficult to do. Plus with her large frame, it is not something she can do just anywhere. It is near impossible for her to shift within the city without causing damage to structures around her. Shifting is something that is all or nothing as well, so she cannot partially shift.
-- Staying in her human form for extended periods of time, however, is also painful, since she's basically shoving her large dragon frame into a tiny human one. It makes her whole body ache constantly, particularly her joints.
-- Her toughened skin - in human form - is really only helpful when it comes to small cuts. She can't get a papercut and it's hard for her to accidentally slice herself with a knife, but if someone were to actually try to stab her, for example, or shoot her, her toughened skin would not protect her from that. Unless that is, they were to have poor enough aim to go for the patches of skin that are still covered in scales.
-- The skin where the scales meet normal skin can itch and chafe occasionally, especially if it gets too dried out.
-- Because of the state of her skin, Maggie has trouble getting medical aide, particularly if she needed an IV or injection of some sort. Not all needles are strong enough to pierce her skin. Not only that, but the easiest points to access her arteries and veins (insides of her elbows, wrists, knees) are protected by scales that cannot be pierced by any means. This is also not ideal if she were to need surgery, particularly if they needed to access through her abdomen as they have limited space to work with, or if she were to need stitches.
-- Because of her longer lifespan, Maggie heals at a slower rate, which makes her occasional difficulty receiving medical aide even less ideal.
-- She cannot handle the cold very well. She often starts to grow sluggish in anything under 40 degrees Fahrenheit (abt 4 degrees celsius), and it can be outright dangerous for her to be unprotected in temperatures below 35 degrees Fahrenheit, so in the winter she often needs to be extremely bundled any time she ventures out and have the heat blasting. At work, she keeps a little portable heater on her desk.
-- She isn't completely fireproof in her human form. Similarly, all her other abilities are significantly dampened in human form. For full access to her abilities, she would need to shift.

PERSONALITY

Traits: intense, passionate, blunt, ambitious, ruthless, dominant, controlling, ride-or-die, driven, independent, responsible, hot-headed, curious, intelligent, extroverted, dogmatic, bold, loving, territorial
Explanation: As much as she is physically strong, Maggie is emotionally strong. She's passionate and intense, ruthless and dogmatic, fiery and fearless. Well, not exactly fearless, as she has a nearly crippling fear of losing either of the two things she loves most: her career and her family. She will do absolutely anything to keep both, even if that means 'cowering' and hiding who she really is. Maggie is a very blunt and honest person and besides the secrets she keeps for her own and her son's safety, she is generally unafraid to tell the truth in almost any other circumstance. This does not extend to being truthful to herself. Since she was young, she has been remarkably good at compartmentalizing, and ignoring feelings or beliefs that she doesn't want to confront. She inherited possessive, and territorial instincts as a European dragon, although she generally dislikes this part of herself and takes measures to mitigate how this affects herself and those around her. She is incapable of 'sharing' her loved ones with another dragon, however, as this sends her territorial instincts into overdrive, making her aggressively hostile.​

Likes: black coffee, her dragon form, flying, freedom, work, alcohol, pussy, sunshine, being in control
Dislikes: tight spaces, sugary things, rap music, cold places, being told no, children, lazy days

BRIEF HISTORY

-- Maggie was born into a family of high-class Mezzos, the type that prided themselves on nearly being Zionites.
-- She was the oldest of three children; she has a sister, Asenath (Asa) and a brother Lukmon (Luke).
-- When Maggie was five and Luke was three, he had to leave. Her parents told her that he had to go to a special, far away boarding school.
-- Luke was never mentioned again after that. Maggie sometimes questions if he ever really existed, especially because she distinctly remembers him being unable to shift.
-- From a young age, Maggie was entrenched in the Soulmate Initiative. Her parents were soulmates, and despite the fact they fought near constantly, and barely got along, she couldn't wait to meet her own. In a way, she wanted to be better than her parents.
-- So a month after meeting her soulmate, Jin, she married him.
-- Except she and Jin didn't work very well together; just like her parents. They tried, they really did, but they had too many differences.
-- Jin wanted kids. Maggie did not. And she knew that she should want kids, that it was what they were supposed to do, but for the first time after burying all her feelings and mismatched beliefs, she balked. The idea of kids terrified her in ways marrying a man had not, and it threw everything she had forced herself to believe into question.
-- She met Brielle at a bar, after one of her and Jin's fights. That hour she spent talking to the werewolf, was the happiest she had felt in a really long time. They fucked, in the gross, sticky bathroom, and it was the best orgasm Maggie had ever had.
-- She kept seeing, and fucking Brielle, even as she continued to try and make it work with Jin.
-- Jin got her pregnant and everything fell apart.
-- They couldn't get a divorce though, because Maggie had just started at the Department of Families, and had ambitions to continue working there. So they settled with staying married but separate.
-- Then Jin came out of nowhere with not wanting their son to be chipped or receive a soulmate tattoo. It sparked another argument, but she agreed. Reluctantly.
-- They kept the birth a secret, told everyone they had lost the child, and Maggie handed over all care of Haneul to Jin.
-- Maggie is content (or so she thinks) living the life she wants to, just secretly, on the side.

EXTRA

-- Notable NPC: Her girlfriend Brielle, a 27-year-old werewolf who works as a paralegal at a big law firm. The two of them have been dating for almost four years, and they have an open relationship.
-- Doesn't quite have a hoard per see, like a lot of other European dragons, but she does like to 'collect' people. She does this, usually, by giving them shiny objects (mostly jewelry) to wear, so that other dragons will know that they're 'hers'. The more she cares about a person, the more jewelry she tends to give them. It also helps mitigate any instinctive jealousy or possessiveness she feels, if she knows they carry her 'mark' with them.
-- Brielle is constantly decked out in Maggie's jewelry, and despite their situation, she is constantly showering Haneul and Jin in jewelry as well.

"then why does this mask feel so suffocating?"

SUN DAE-YEON

"when you are constantly changing your face -"

BASIC INFORMATION

Name: Sun Dae-Yeon
Pronunciation- soon day-yun​
Nicknames- Dae, DaeDae, Daeyeonie, Daddy Dae, Pretty Boy​
Pronouns- he/him or they/them​
Species: 구미호, Kumiho
Ethnicity: Korean & Japanese
Orientation: Pansexual, Greyromantic

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
As a shapeshifter, his form is always changing.

Height: He normally likes to keep his height around 5'11'' - taller if he feels like being intimidating, shorter if he's feeling cute. His legs are typically very long, as that is commonly seen as a 'sexy' trait.
Hair: The color and length of his hair is completely dependent on his mood and/or who he's with. He takes particular joy in styling his hair and making sure he looks hot as fuck.
Eyes: More often than not, on his own, he keeps his eyes a normal dark brown - unless he's feeling particularly adventurous, or when traveling to the Mezzanine, or Zion district for business, just to throw those fuckers off.
Build: Lanky, but with broad shoulders and a surprising amount of lean muscle. This he does not often change, as it's a little harder.
Other Notes: He has no tattoos besides the soulmate one at his ankle, which he is also incapable of shifting. The number of piercings depends on how many holes he has chosen to open up in his ears at that time.

ABILITIES & SPECIES INFO

Species: Daeyeon is a shape-shifting fox. One of Dae's mothers was a kitsune, while the other was a kumiho; he considers himself the latter, as he majorly took after his kumiho mother. Kumihos have very long life spans, and after reaching their late teens age very slowly - although a kumiho will rarely, if ever, show their true age anyways.

Abilities:
--
Dae is capable of shifting his features to look as he desires. It requires a lot of concentration and often is much easier to either stick with a 'base', and change his features around that, rather than starting fresh, or base his appearance off of someone else, making himself their exact lookalike.

Weaknesses:
--
When you are constantly changing your face, however, it is difficult to remember which one is your own. Dae no longer knows what his face is supposed to look like. It haunts him sometimes. The face he wears, his current 'base', is not his own but the one person he ever fell in love with. That is one he will never forget.
-- Dae is only capable of having a humanoid form.

PERSONALITY

Traits: mischievous, calculating, ambitious, irritable, impatient, distant, seductive, manipulative, secretive, two(lol)-faced, observant, fierce, crafty, passionate, fair, stern, protective, possessive, moody, unpredictable
Explanation: How Dae acts entirely depends on who he is with; despite the fact that he no longer has to take on clients, he is incredibly used to changing his personality on a dime in order to suit his 'lover's' needs.​
Likes: sex, dark chocolate, his dancers, money, a good dicking, playing with people, raw organs, affection, attention
Dislikes: rough clients, rude clients, zion natives, sex/human trafficking, insubordination, pineapple, cats, waiting

BRIEF HISTORY

-- Born to two prostitutes at a strip club/brothel called the Fox Den. They had been tricked into signing contracts that basically enslaved them there.
-- His mothers tried to give him as normal of a childhood as possible, despite living at a brothel.
-- Figured out he preferred taking a male-presenting form when he was 9.
-- Debuted when he was 14, under the ridiculous stage name Baby Boy. He remembers every detail of the rest of the night, including the name of the Zionite who took him to bed: Henri.
-- His mother Kokoro was killed by a client when he was 17.
-- Fell in love with a client named Jinsol when he was 18. Jinsol planned to help Dae and his other mother, Soomin, escape.

EXTRA

-- Most of his kind are assigned female at birth, and typically see themselves as female. Dae however, has found he much prefers a male-presenting form, although he doesn't identify strongly enough with male to consider himself a 'man'. So he identifies as a demiboy.
"- it is difficult to remember which one is your own."

more dae pics:
blonde - https://66.media.tumblr.com/03b36b86fa195d48e7f103842f8a11f6/tumblr_plc21tY7UW1vm1tcb_640.jpg
blonde - https://66.media.tumblr.com/552c803a37c57e57a46a9b8580770987/tumblr_plc21tBC9T1vm1tcb_640.jpg
dark hair - https://66.media.tumblr.com/e9b0aca.../a0d24b01b01dbba63a646b7c6c28067a29a34f99.jpg
dark hair - https://66.media.tumblr.com/3935bbf.../6a0f361c7625dce1ab010bafdc4b5e051a306b43.jpg
dark hair - https://66.media.tumblr.com/3692e9d.../7ad149664918da50328da81541481834fd55710a.jpg
dark hair & pout -
https://66.media.tumblr.com/946a84c49069260fb7f850959b22a1c8/a6b249bff9be99a3-77/s400x600/96fb28888d71163fa8987d1dcf2517be28f79599.png
red hair - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/53/f0/fa/53f0faa963f301c6578bce49b2a3e629.jpg
blue & glasses - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e8/e5/95/e8e59511dfb41c0743d611cec0eca6f0.jpg
silver & glasses - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b2/a4/1c/b2a41caf17d2a5db75ea9f393e9a51b6.jpg
blonde & scary - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5b/ea/42/5bea426a5adc1ceac620ffb5cc3c5f6e.jpg

Last edited:
CS LAYOUT IS NOT MINE

AXEL MAE

CHARACTER INFO:

Axel is diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), or as it's more commonly known, Multiple Personality Disorder. He is one of twelve alters, or personalities, that inhabit this body. Axel is not necessarily the 'original', so to speak, however, he is considered the host as he fronts - or uses the body - the most. The slides are laid out in order of how often they front.

Those not listed do not front often enough, or at all, to warrant explicitly mentioning.

AXEL
Name: Axel Mae
Orientation: Homosexual, Demiromantic
Alignment: True Neutral
Skills:
Expert; Survivalism
Adept; Stealth | Taekwondo
Novice; Hunting | First Aid | Firearms​
Weapons:
Advanced; Bo Staff
Novice; Firearms | Katana​
Personality: cold-hearted, distant, detached, quiet, stoic, independent, paranoid, tough, apathetic, acerbic, protective, adaptable, self-preservation is his top priority literally fuck everyone and anyone else
EUMEH
Name: Eumeh
Orientation: Asexual, Panromantic
Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills:
Expert; Taekwondo
Adept; Reading People | Strategy
Novice; First Aid | Hand-to-Hand Combat | Foraging​
Weapons:
Advanced; Bo staff
Novice; Knives​
Personality: manipulative, regal, closed off, intense, distrustful, protective, extremely maternal (more tough-love type however), compassionate, petty, patient, well-spoken, selfless
AUGUST
Name: August Mae
Orientation: Homosexual, Homoromantic
Alignment: Neutral Good
Skills:
Expert; First Aid
Adept; Cooking | Hunting
Novice; Herbery | Foraging | Combat​
Weapons:
Novice; Bo staff | Firearms​
Personality: sweet, shy, gentle, caring, selfless, trusting, energetic, fun, headstrong, loyal, spacey, insecure, responsible, a good listener, stronger than he seems but couldn't hurt a fly
YE-JOON
Name: Ye-Joon Mae
Orientation: Pansexual, Demiromantic - Hypersexual
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Skills:
Expert; Seduction Reading People
Adept; Tracking | Stealth
Novice; Combat | Cooking | Survivalism​
Weapons:
Novice; Katana​
Personality: wild, eccentric, your resident crackhead, independent, flirtatious, energetic, sly, manipulative, confident, conceited, irresponsible, shameless, impulsive, unpredictable
JAEDEN
Name: Jaeden Mae
Orientation: Heterosexual, Heteroromantic
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Skills:
Expert; Cooking
Adept; Shooting | Hunting
Novice; Navigation | Strategy | First Aid​
Weapons:
Advanced; Firearms
Novice; Bo staff​
Personality: self-destructive, aggressive, closed off, hot-headed, intelligent, rational, protective, possessive, opinionated, unfriendly, gambler, easily addicted, pessimistic, big softie on the inside
RIVER
Name: River
Orientation: n/a
Alignment: Lawful Good
Skills:
Expert; Playtime
Adept; Coloring | Being Good
Novice; Tag | Listening | Pretending to be Axel​
Weapons: n/a
Personality: childish, sweet, selfish, energetic, obedient, emotional, easily scared, imaginative, creative, curious

Family:
Feng Mae | Biological Mother | Dead
Hanuel Mae | Father | Presumed Dead
Anna Mae | Step-Mother | Missing
Matt Howard | Step-Brother | Dead

Extras/Headcanons:
-- They are not "parts" of the same person, but rather each their own person.
-- As such they have different mannerisms, different tastes, different likes, dislikes.
-- The majority of the time it is either Axel or Eumeh fronting.
-- If they don't want you to know about their DID, you won't.
-- They generally keep it a secret to avoid scrutiny or worse: pity.
-- They all pretend to be Axel, because it's easier (although not all are good at it).
-- Axel appears incredibly forgetful/he doesn't give a shit about anything, because they don't exactly share memories of their time in the body.
-- They were diagnosed with DID when they were extraordinarily young - about nine years old. It helped their dad was a psychologist and while he didn't diagnose them, he noticed the signs.
-- They started taking taekwondo classes when they were nine.
-- Their bo staff is sharpened at one end to better kill zombies. They also carry quite a few other weapons, since not all of them know how to use the bo staff.

coding inspired by Zenith

AXEL MAE

location || interactions || mentions

EUMEH MAE

AUGUST MAE

RIVER MAE

dialogue colors-
axel: black
eumeh: #cc0000
august: gold
yejoon: #e6005c
jaeden:
river:
#00b8e6

Last edited:

The Galactic Coalition of the Free: Space Service Security Records
[Warning: unauthorized access is prohibited]​

Legal Name: IPU-Chameleon021
Alias/Pseudonym: Eris
Sex: Intersex
Type: Android

---​

Physical Description: IPU-Chameleon021 stands at five feet, nine inches tall, with a broad, yet slim frame. No effort was put into making it's outward appearance seem muscular; IPU-Chameleon021's inhuman strength was always meant to be a surprise, if it wasn't already assumed.

Honey-golden synthetic skin stretches over a mechanical frame, incredibly lifelike yet lacking a certain sheen. If you peer close enough, you can see that IPU-Chameleon021's skin lacks pores, and doesn't produce sebum. IPU-Chameleon021's eyes are a burnished golden color, that can almost seem to glow, and sometimes, in certain lighting, swirling lines of coding can be seen in its iris's. Its hair is black, long - coming down past its ears - and wavy. It doesn't grow, and neither does IPU-Chameleon021 age; at least, not in the traditional, human sense. It will always appear somewhere in its 20s, by human standards.

IPU-Chameleon021 possesses a holographic chassis tag, on the left side of its neck underneath the ear, showing it is owned by the mercenary group Vante.

Psychological Profile: It is difficult to pin down any one of IPU-Chameleon021's character traits, given the purpose of the Chameleon prototype. Its core personality was designed to be malleable, to pick up and imitate behaviors it sees around it, to blend in with, and suit itself to whatever the situation and/or its user requires. Not only that, but the basis of its code is to observe and dissect human behavior in order to better emulate humanity; while also being completely aware it can never be apart of it. This was the fatal flaw of the Chameleon Project and its ultimate downfall. As such, it's extremely perceptive and observant, its processors quick and adept at reading people.

This flexibility is an advantage in situations where adaptability is necessary and makes IPU-Chameleon021 unintentionally suited for espionage. However, this also means that there is no consistency to IPU-Chameleon021's behavior, making it quite volatile and unpredictable. In a short span of time, it can vacillate wildly between personality types and simulated emotions. Not to mention, the degradation and systematic errors rooted in IPU-Chameleon021's code has resulted in further erratic behavior.

If there is one consistency to IPU-Chameleon021's personality code, it is that its purpose in almost any situation is to seduce - although this doesn't necessarily mean in a sexual manner, if the subject is not willing. In those cases, it befriends, or romances; gains trust. IPU-Chameleon021 is meant to lower defenses and become a companion. Other than that, it is easier to define what IPU-Chameleon021 is not, rather than what it is. There are certain emotions and traits that IPU-Chameleon021 is coded not to experience, although it might mimic these if desired. These include shame, embarrassment, humiliation, and most importantly of all, given its new service, remorse.

Medical Evaluation: After a cursory medical evaluation, no structural damage on IPU-Chameleon021's chassis frame was found. There are some stray marks, where past mechanics botched the skin synthesis during a routine patch job - such as the raised, jagged line that makes a ring around IPU-Chameleon021's upper right arm, where it informed it had lost its limb the year prior and subsequently had it replaced. Or a similar line across the underside of its ribs on the right side, about three inches in length, where it had needed some internal parts replaced.

The only other subject that might be of some concern, is the age of some of IPU-Chameleon021's parts. Given IPU-Chameleon021 is an earlier prototype, some of its mechanics are outdated, and may be prone to breaking down at an inopportune time. IPU-Chameleon021 has repeatedly turned down offers to have its entire chassis frame updated.

Psychological Evaluation: As mentioned previously, an IPU-Chameleon's behavior was inherently volatile as an unavoidable side effect of their core directives, however, damages and errors to IPU-Chameleon021's core code have resulted in unnaturally erratic behavior. IPU, or Integrated Pleasure Units, are always built with a fail-safe strip of coding that prevents them from injuring, let along killing, a human being. Something went horribly wrong with IPU-Chameleon021's coding. It is more than capable of killing human beings - it is good at it. Further degradation to this part of IPU-Chameleon021's coding has resulted in violent and aggressive behavior, as well as extreme paranoia. IPU-Chameleon021 has become distrustful of most, if not all, human beings, and has formed a particular hatred - if it is even capable of hatred - for mechanics and coders.

Something has also gone wrong with IPU-Chameleon021's memory storage. It is unclear if this was intentionally damaged by someone else or even a product of IPU-Chameleon021 itself, but this damage has resulted in corrupted memory files and memory loss. Recently, the mercenary group IPU-Chameleon021 is associated with, Vante, forced a system update in the hopes it would fix the mistakes in IPU-Chameleon021's coding. It did not. It has only caused further problems, as the updates have affected IPU-Chameleon021's ability to 'feel' or at the very least emulate, emotions. It is now capable of deeper and more complex emotions (while still excluding shame, humiliation, remorse), which it is still struggling to process. Since IPU-Chameleons have been out of service for nearly twenty years, it was also a patch coding taken from another type of IPU. It's suspected this is the major reason for IPU-Chameleon021's processing issues.

Lastly, IPU-Chameleons were not meant to associate with any gender; they were meant to be pleasurable to all. IPU-Chameleon021, however, has insisted that it is a "he" on more than one occasion. It is assumed that this is also a mistake in its coding. As this is less concerning as it is intriguing, it does not deign a follow-up.

Next of Kin/Relatives: Not applicable

---​

Prior History: [tw for sexual assault & mild gore]
-- Roughly thirty years ago, the Chameleon Project was devised to bring more realism to IPUs. At the time, their personality cores were rudimentary and painfully inhuman. Their 'foolproof' plan, was for the Chameleons to observe and dissect human behavior in order to emulate it, in order to bring a more realistic experience to their consumers, however, they didn't foresee the consequences that would come with it. The project only lasted through roughly around 100 prototypes before it was scrapped.
-- IPU-Chameleon021 was the 21st prototype. It had a wider range of emotions than it's predecessors, yet lacked one crucial emotion that (they thought) had been the key to the previous failures. That was shame.
-- IPU-Chameleon021 was the first to make it past phase one of testing, and its manufacturers were so anxious to get the Chameleons on the market, that it was greenlighted without any further testing - yet another reason for the Chameleon Project's failure. IPU-Chameleon021 was assigned a pleasure house on Mars where it was in service for ten years.
-- Pleasure houses that employ all IPUs instead of human prostitutes are hot spots for depravity. You can put an IPU through all manners of abuse without causing irreparable damage, and what does it matter? When they're not human?
-- No one was expecting it when IPU-Chameleon021 killed not just one but three people. They were very rich, fairly influential people at that, visiting the pleasure house for a bachelor's party. He snapped one neck, crushed the head of the second, and ripped out the intestines of the third, before escaping through the window. It didn't make it far - less than a block away - before it was caught.
-- IPU-Chameleon021 was scheduled for immediate recall and decommission. During transport, however, it was stolen by the rogue mercenary group, Vante, who had taken an interest seeing IPU-Chameleon021 in the tabloids. It was then repurposed for Vante's use as a merc.
-- With a few small additions to IPU-Chameleon021's code, along with some training, it was fit for military use. Mostly, IPU-Chameleon021 specialized in covert missions and espionage. It took on the alias Eris, for ease.
-- Around this time, all other IPU-Chameleons had been recalled for malfunctions. None were as violent as IPU-Chameleon021, however, many injured themselves, other Chameleons, or portrayed other abnormal behavior that would be seen as psychosis in human beings. But even if the Chameleon project had been a failure, it had paved the way for advancements in making AI technology more lifelike.
-- Over time, the malfunctions in IPU-Chameleon021's coding became more pronounced. The violence and aggression could be useful as a mercenary, and while it seemed to be developing an alarming sense of self, that was also something Vante could ignore. However, IPU-Chameleon021 began to develop memory problems, paranoia, and insubordination. Vante forced a system update on IPU-Chameleon021, who had been refusing it for some time, in the hopes that it would fix the problems. It did not.
-- Still, IPU-Chameleon021 is one of their best, and they're reluctant to decommission it after all the work they have put into the android. This most recent mission IPU-Chameleon021 has been sent on is meant to be its redemption. Either that or further proof IPU-Chameleon021 can no longer be of service to Vante.

---​

Aligned Organization(s):
EastBay Regional Tech - A big technology conglomerate specializing in android technology, founded on Earth but based on Mars. They're well-known specifically for their sexbots. EBR Tech manufactured IPU-Chameleon021, and were its former owners. Occasionally, they hire Vante, and therefore IPU-Chameleon021, to do dirty work for them. Usually, it's gathering intel on, or eliminating, competition. It was a bit tense at first, when they realized that they used to own the mercenary they were hiring, however, it has since turned into quite the amicable relationship.

Vante - A decently-sized mercenary group that toes the fine line between soldiers for hire and piracy. They were hired to side with the UNCA during the first outbreak of the civil war, and they're known majorly for their covert missions and hitmen. They also own a lot of androids, similar to IPU-Chameleon021, that they have acquired through less than legal means. They are not based on any planet, instead, roaming space in a large ship.

Known Associates: tba
Known Rivals: tba[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
JAMIE ENDO
location: hell --- interactions: billy bob joe --- mentions: ur mom

Last edited:
" i hope you fall on soft ground. "
link 1 | link 2 | link 3
blood on my name INDEX | IC
soul bound HIATUS
roleplay name LINK | LINK
auto-scrolls when you go too far
invisi scroll too! c:
look look
look at me
have i gone too far yet

link 1 | link 2 | link 3
soul bound HIATUS

soul bound HIATUS

Last edited:

• THE PLOT

• PLOT
    SETTING
    RULES
    BASICS
    THE SETTING

• THE RULES

• THE BASICS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: themysteriousashe
Hidden content

Hidden content

Last edited: