3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-information-under-construction.158994/]Setting Information[/btn] [btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-ic.159712/]IC[/btn]

Looking for Huntsmen and Huntresses to enroll at the newly-reopened Beacon Academy, keep the spark of hope alive, and join this future-set RWBY RP. I (Mollisol) am the GM.

RWBY: Dust to Dust

• Before you were born, Beacon Academy fell to the forces of darkness. Team RWBY and other heroes from Beacon worked with Haven to protect it from the same fate, and they won. Some time after that, they had you, and they brought you into a world at peace.

That world would grow vibrant but chaotic. The citizens of Vale were determined to find a way forward - they made the city beautiful again, they brought the CCT back online, and they drove the Grimm out of the center of the city. Faunus grew even less accepted due to the actions of the White Fang. Technology advanced, and with that came new forms of dust, and materials and biotech based off of newly-discovered Grimm physiology. Beacon Academy was reopened by Glynda Goodwitch's sister Locasta. Your reasons for joining were your own, whether you saw it as taking up your parents' mantle, having adventures of your own, or just bringing light to the world.

Advancement did not come without those who wished to tear it down. Charismatic leader Io Sugilite spoke against the use of aura, in favor of using biotechnology to augment humans and merge them with the Grimm living in outer Vale. Treating the Grimm like gods, her movement grew into a cult with members in all four kingdoms. This cult, the Yamiko Movement, developed a tense relationship with Remnant's combat schools.

Then the unthinkable happened - dust started making people sick. Huntsmen and Huntresses developed terrible illnesses from using it. Grimm began to encroach upon humanity's footholds once again. As dust sales plummeted, the Yamiko Movement gained momentum, and Nature's Wrath became a much less viable combat aid. People had to use it in very limited quantities, or find technological replacements. The quest became to uncover the cause of this strange new disease, and procure the materials needed for a cure.

You're attending Beacon in a world where dust, humanity's candle in the dark, is dangerous. Your world holds advancements and challenges your parents could never have foreseen. What future will you and your team carve out?

• You play as a descendant of one of the show's heroes, attending Beacon Academy. There will be action and adventure, missions in a variety of settings, and the challenge of fighting dangerous enemies without Dust. Your characters will learn to work together, and if you're looking for it, perhaps romance will blossom as well. Your missions are handed down by scientists, who need Huntsmen and Huntresses to navigate perilous territory, fight Grimm, and clash with the Yamiko Movement in order to find a cure.

The game will start before initiation, and jump to the second semester (which includes missions and a dance) after initiation ends.

Have roleplay common sense - no godmodding, OP characters, etc. Your writing should be at least at the Intermediate level. Posting speed is 2-3 IC posts a week.

• As for who your character's parent is, you can claim any character from RWBY, JN(P)R, or CFVY, plus Sun and Neptune, as long as they're not already claimed. You are also allowed to have two canon characters as your character's parents if you choose (for example, instead of Coco and an OC father, you could play the child of Coco and Fox, or someone Coco and Velvet adopted). Open characters include:

Fox Alistair
    Yatsuhashi Daichi

Taken characters include:

Ruby Rose and Jaune Arc (Accelerator - Rowan Arc)
    Weiss Schnee and Neptune Vasilias (Casket Case - Hailey Schnee)
    Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong (jessica2477)
    Yang Xiao Long (Mollisol - Daiyu Xiao Long)
    Nora Valkyrie (Beowulf - Hans Valkyrie)
    Lie Ren (S@lt - Jadori "Jade" Ren)
    Coco Adel (★Under The Stars★ - Honey Adel)
    Velvet Scarlatina (Queen of Null - Kara Scarlatina)
    Cardin Winchster (CasketCase - Nightingale Winchester)

Character Sheet

Notes
  1. Your character needs to feel like they're descended from their parent from canon, and connect to them somehow, without being a carbon copy.
  2. The posting expectation is Intermediate - good caps/grammar/punctuation, fleshed-out paragraphs, varied sentence structure. This applies to both IC posts and your character sheet.
  3. Feel free to add any stats you see necessary, and to use different bbcodes to make your character sheet prettier.

Character Name
Picture

• Name: Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
    Name relation to color: Self-explanatory
    Race: Human or faunus?
    Immediate family members: Self-explanatory

• Aura color: Self-explanatory
    Height: Self-explanatory
    Body type: Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
    Faunus trait: if applicable

• Weapon: Name and describe
    Semblance: Describe
    Fighting style: Self-explanatory
    Dust Options: You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? Self-explanatory
    Personality: Self-explanatory
    Romance? If yes, what's their romantic orientation?

• Parental history: What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
    Personal history: How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?

Character Name
Picture

[tabs][tab=ID]
[B]Name:[/B] Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
[B]Name relation to color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Age:[/B] 16-18
[B]Race:[/B] Human or faunus?
[B]Immediate family members:[/B] Self-explanatory
[/tab][tab=Visage]
[B]Aura color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Height:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Body type:[/B] Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
[B]Faunus trait:[/B] if applicable
[/tab][tab=Combat]
[B]Weapon:[/B] Name and describe
[B]Semblance:[/B] Describe
[B]Fighting style:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Dust Options:[/B] You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?
[/tab][tab=Personal]
[B]Why did you enroll at Beacon?[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Personality:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Romance?[/B] If yes, what's their romantic orientation?
[/tab][tab=History]
[B]Parental history:[/B] What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
[B]Personal history:[/B] How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?
[/tab][/tabs]
[/hr]

Teams
[BCOLOR=#000000]HHHK[/BCOLOR] (Hawk): Hailey Schnee // Hans Valkyrie // Honey Adel // Kara Scarlatina
[BCOLOR=#000000]JRND (Jacaranda):[/BCOLOR] Jadori Ren // Rowan Arc // Nightingale Winchester // Daiyu Xiao Long
[/hr]

Last edited:
Yeah, time isn't on my side nowadays. May have to drop out
Do you think you can have it posted by Saturday night? That's the latest I want to start. Also, I don't want to be mean, but if you are worried you can't follow a semiweekly posting schedule, I would rather you drop. (I know that sounds horrible, but that's the posting expectation I want fulfilled.) Either way, I wish you luck in your future pursuits.

Hello. Just wanted to drop by and say that i'm still alive and well. I also wanted to ask. There are partners right? If so how do we pair up? I've always been curious about that.

Reactions: Mollisol
Hello. Just wanted to drop by and say that i'm still alive and well. I also wanted to ask. There are partners right? If so how do we pair up? I've always been curious about that.
You just choose someone on your team that you'd like your character to meet first in initiation and partner with. Teams have been put in the first post, btw. Welcome back!

You just choose someone on your team that you'd like your character to meet first in initiation and partner with. Teams have been put in the first post, btw. Welcome back!
*instantly remembers that whole Partner Selection scene in the Emerald forest*

Hey @Mollisol Want the cousins to pair up then?

@Queen of Null looks like Kara and Honey will be teaming up then~

@Jessica2477 I haven't heard from you since my last message Friday. I know you are busy, but I want to start soon, everyone else is ready, and I don't think it's fair to people here (myself included) to wait much longer.

I would like to start sometime this week. So, in the event that you don't have a character sheet up and completed by 11 am EST on Wednesday (that's 48 hours from now), I'm going to ask if anyone would like to double.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I feel it would be inconsiderate to make those who have already filled out a sheet wait much longer, so that is why I am doing this.

Alright, I want to start this soon, so:

Would anyone who's currently here like to double?

Alright, I want to start this soon, so:

Would anyone who's currently here like to double?
If need be, I can, but if someone else is champing at the bit to make a second character, they're more than welcome to.

Looks like no one else wants to. I'll try and get another character up as soon as I can.

• Bucket of Rainbows
ALRIGHT LADIES LET'S MAKE SURE THIS TAKES OFF BECAUSE RWBY IS DELICIOUS AND DESERVES TO BE REPRESENTED BY US BEAUTIFUL BABES. EVERY CHARACTER IS A WONDERFUL CREATION AND I WANNA SEE HONEY INTERACT WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE. SO I JUST WANNA SAY I LOVE YA ALL, EVEN IF I DON'T KNOW YOU WELL AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME WELL. I LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECES AND I REALLY WANT THIS TO BE SUCCESSFUL!! LET'S ALL WORK HARD TO MAKE SURE THIS GETS THE LOVE IT DESERVES!! <3 <3 <3

Sorry for holding things up, everyone. Had writer's block for the past day or so.

Last edited:
@CasketCase it is there, but good luck on the writers' block ^^;

• Thank You
Reactions: CasketCase
Fortunately, I've gotten over it. Should have the rough draft, if not finished profile, up by tonight or tomorrow morning.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.