Dust and Steam

"Yeah..." Ren stopped and looked around a bit. Nice scenery, students, more nice scenery, more students...
"Shouldn't there be like, some sorta guide for newbies?" He said, catching up with her again. "I'm gonna look for one, come with?"

Areiz nodded. "I had the same exact thought...yeah, I'll come with." she smiled a little and glanced around. "Maybe they expect everyone to know their way around somehow." She shrugged.

Ethan.png
Someone from behind Areiz and Ren suddenly walked up to the two.
Or maybe you should follow the crowd for now, watch what is going on there, get a plan of the school, and then get something to eat? It might be a good idea since you might get lost quickly around here.
The person behind them was a bit older than the two and seemed to be in a friendly mood. In addition to that: If one of them would have researched about the teachers of beacon, they would know that he is one of them.

Those who have followed the crowd have entered a big hall by now. Most of the students just stand there, waiting for the main event to start, while others talk among each other or take a seat somewhere to rest.
There is a podium at one side of the hall, which means that someone will probably talk to them soon.

Just then, a scream comes from outside, echoing throughout the halls. It's a high-pitched shriek, a sound specific to one particular type of injury...

--

"And that is why you don't mess with the girl with the clear shot at your crotch!"

The guy crumples to the floor, hands protecting his jewels. He whines pathetically as his friends quickly rush to his aid.

Lifira points Richard, her shotgun/baseball bat at the other two. Her bat ears twitch and turn wildly, her orange eyes burning like fire. "Anyone else wanna try me, huh? Huh?!"

The two males still standing vigorously shake their heads as they pick up their fallen comrade.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Mia tapped her foot as she waited for the headmaster to speak. Ethan had told her that the headmaster would speak then they would end up having a little 'sleepover'. She ran a hand through her hair as her eyes flicked around from person to person.

Areiz flipped around to face the newcomer, and recognized him instantly. "Hello professor..and I guess that is a plan.." She glanced questioningly at Ren, wondering what he would choose. She would follow him either way, considering he was the only one she knew here and trusted slightly. And I have yet to decide if trusting him is good or bad..but I believe it is good for now... She thought to herself, looking up at the professor and smiling slightly. She didn't want to make a bad impression.

Kyra was milling around with the other students, keeping near a wall as she let her pale colored eyes scan over the carious individuals present. She still had a good grip on her bear, but now she had one of her suitcases with her as well. It stood on the floor next to her feet as she waited for whatever was going to happen, to happen. After a few moments, her eyes landed on Mia from the trip over. SH elet her eyes rest on the other girl for a moment before turning back to the front. Maybe she'd approach the girl later, maybe.

"Oh you-" Ren turned to face the sudden speaker. Surprised, he recognized the face of a faculty member. Call him paranoid or vigilant, but he basically ran through a file he got from his sister with the teachers' profiles. What is known, anyway. It was what bored him about the flight anyway, having to study identities. He remembers faces but he's bad at names.

He glanced at the girl beside him. Her name...her name...Eris. Right. Eris.

"Hi. Sir." He said feigning friendly awkwardness. "Uh, I'm kinda hungry, I always aim for good chow when I don't have anything better to do." He shrugged. "Besides, by the looks of this place, apparently anyone can get lost here. Even souls." He chuckled, sharing a joke that usually was funny where he came from. "But uh, because of that, Eris I aren't quite sure where to get a map."

The person chuckled a little. Not because of the joke, but because this young man had a certain charm.
I see. Well you should still at least her what will happen there.
He took out a device, which was just as big as a normal Walkie Talkie, and a build in screen, and put it into "Eris's" hand. It also had several buttons.
Turn it on in 10 minutes and use the frequency 5,19. You'll hear the speech and even see it thanks to a web cam. If you push the button on the side, it will generate a map of your area, which is beacon in this case.
Keep it for a while. I need someone to test this prototype anyway.
It had one button on the side like a normal Walkie Talkie, which means that this one was probably used to speak with others.
The Map Button was there too of course, and once pressed was supposed to draw a map.
The last mechanic it had were two volume knobs, one for frequency and one for volume.
Go into the hall over there, then the second hallway to the left, and then you should see the cafeteria on the right side. Take care.
He walked away again and left the two of them alone.

"Hey thanks! Uh-Sir...Whateveryournameis!" Ren said with a happy wave, quite satisfied to know where he could eat. All of a sudden, the school felt more livable to him although he has pretty high expectations with food. Just because he eats a lot doesn't mean he isn't picky.

He stared at the strange fat cellphone like device. "I guess I'll be stuck with you for a while. I'll get lost without that." It was only half true, his sense of direction was honed by his training he could figure his own way around but hey. It's a cool gadget. And something tells him this wasn't a coincidence.

Lifira casually walks into the throng of people, Richard, her weapon, casually resting on her shoulder. Her ears twitch for another jerk aiming to entertain themselves at her expense, her eyes scan for someone who looks like they know what the hell is going on, or have the means to find out.

She finds what looks like a supervisor handing a student a device. She decides to take a chance.

"Yo," The Faunus says, "I miss anything earlier?" She adds, pointing to the stage and the decorations put up for today's event.

"Hi. You haven't missed anything because Eris and I are only about to go to the cafeteria." Ren prattled deliberately sounding a little too excited. He was simply buying time though, examining the girl as he spoke.

A Faunus, interesting. That all too innocent looking baseball bat, interesting.

"I uh mean, I think there's an opening ceremony or something. Dunno if it's starting, I just want some of the best roast pork this place has got to offer."

His final verdict, same with Aeriz: possibly good but dangerous.

Lifira licks her lips. "Food! Sounds like a plan to me. Mind if I tag along?"

Areiz shrugged, not really responding until the new girl spoke about tagging along. "Yeah..I don't mind..you Ren?" she asked, looking over the map until she found what she was looking for. Then she looked up. "Oh, sorry..I didn't catch your name? I'm Areiz." she said, smiling softly.

"Yes," Ren chuckled inwardly. "Yes, she's Aeriz." He reminded himself while giving his own mind a small mental lecture. Who the heck's Eris? "And me? I'm hungry. Let's go already if you're coming!" He said with a small jerk of his head to the direction of the said cafeteria. "Name's Ren."

"Lifira. Nice to meet you both."

She'd forget them both soon enough. But, as they were here fast-track to food, she'd keep those names bouncing around her head for a while.

Areiz nodded at Ren's comment about hungry, then smiled at Lifira. "Nice to meet you too..let's get moving before Ren shrivels up." she smiled softly, her tone playful as she started forwards slowly, walking backwards to look at them, yet careful and easily avoiding running into objects and people.

"Aww hey-dibs on the bigger serving!" Ren's long and easy steps caught up with Er-ahem-Aeriz. He briefly turned, gesturing to Leafy...Leafy something. He'll ask again later.

He found him strange that the teacher let them wander instead of telling them where to be right now. There's got to be a ceremony, right? Schools love those formalities. Ren walked beside Aeriz cautiously, still gauging her and Lifira by their movements.

"God damn when's this thing going to fucking start?" Mia growled as she waited for the headmaster to speak. Things were getting boring for her and she wanted to get going. Maybe she could make some actually friends, though probably not. She noticed the girl who she talked to earlier and tilted her head. Maybe she could talk to her again... She started to inch toward the girl, watching the platform for the headmaster.

Areiz walked easily backwards, carefully watching the time and the map. "Weird.." she mumbled to herself, not realize she was speaking her thoughts aloud. You'd think there was some big tour or something as not to lose students and to keep everything moving smoothly...yet we're wandering..interesting..yet unusual and a little weird... She shook her head slightly, clearing her thoughts.