Dust and Steam

Areiz nodded. "Nice to meet you Ren, thanks. And yeah...he jumped up on some boxes..and disappeared." she shrugged. "I couldn't go after him..but strange right? I swear he's hiding something." She crossed her arms.

Kyra glanced back at Mia.
"Well, whatever was going on, it's over now." She flashed another small smile at the redhead. "So are you excited for Beacon?" She asked the other girl, her own light colored eyes flickering back to the window to see where they were.

Mia shook her head. "No." She said firmly. "Not at all." She honestly would have been fine if Ethan hadn't 'forgotten' to tell her it was a damn boarding school. She tapped her foot, waiting impatiently to land. She wanted to get this the hell over with. Maybe she could sneak out and visit him. That would make him mad. Or happy. Or mad. She wasn't quite sure.

Kyra blinked in surprise, but deciding it must be a sore subject since she didn't seem happy about it. So the brunette changed the subject. She however, couldn't think of a subject in which to change it to. So she let quiet stretch between the two of them. This time she'd let the other girl choose what to talk about. Her eyes again flitted to the window. She was happy to be going herself, the better she was, the easier it'd be to wipe out Basilisks.

Mia bit her lip. She wasn't good at this. "So... why are you going to Beacon?" She asked. God, she sounded so awkward. Damn it! She mentally kicked herself for asking such a stupid question. She could have asked anything else!

Kyra kind of smirked at the redhead.
"To get better." She let the short, simple answer slide from her lips. "How about you?" She asked. Idly in her mind she wondered how long it would take to actually get to Beacon Academy.

Mia thought about it for a minute. "I got forced into it." She said finally, shrugging. She was starting to like this girl. Who else would be brave enough to hold a stuffed teddy bear on a plane of teens?

Kyra frowned some.
"You don't seem like the type of girl that's easy to force into anything, if you don't mind my saying." She paused and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "So how on earth did someone manage to force you into going?" She asked.

Mia blushed when she thought about how Ethan 'forced' her into going. "Well, my..." What should she call him? Guardian? Caretaker? "Mentor didn't mention that this is a boarding school so I thought it would be just like Signal." She ran a hand through her hair. "He told me just as I was getting on the aircraft."

"Let's not get our guard down then." Ren shrugged too. "Let's sit? Turbulence in here would topple you over." He said to Aeriz, motioning to the chairs. "You can have the window seat next to mine if you like."

He put his hands in his pocket, scanning the area. Nothing else seemed suspicious but he felt a bit restless. Better to lie low and keep vigilant.

Areiz nodded. "Okay. Yes, let's not." She said, moving over to the chairs and waiting for him to sit so she knew where to sit. She crossed her arms loosely, one hand still on her backpack strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Airship finally descended, which ether meant that they were there, or someone messed around with the engines, causing them to malfunction and dooming everyone on the aircraft to die in a giant fireball of death.
Luckily, it was the first case.

It landed near Beacon Academy, opened it's doors as well as lowering the exit bridge, and with this released the new students to go off board.
Some instructors led the way to the main hall, and it was probably a good idea to follow them.
1000px-Episode2_00005.png

Last edited:
"So...Aeriz, wasn't it?" Ren said, walking and looking at her. "Where ya from?"

He had a million guesses but would rather let her talk so he could asses what kind of person she is. It was a bad habit that he couldn't stop but has nonetheless helped him often.

Mia noted that they had descended and started walking with the rest of the students. She wondered what Beacon would be like. Was there really a test like Ethan had said. She started to tap her fingers against her leg, nervous.

Kyra got off the craft with the rest of the other students. she let herself blend into the crowd following a couple of the instructors, her eyes scanning over the oncoming building as they approached it. Excitement rustled around in her gut for a few moments before she quelled it. A smile crossed over her lips. It wouldn't be too long now before she could venture out into the world as a full fledged huntress. She gave the teddy bear a gentle squeeze.

Areiz nodded. "I'm from the city, I mostly stayed in the forest though." She answered simply. "You?" She realized they landed and shifted. "I guess we're there...you ready?" She asked Ren curiously. I can't believe we're actually here..I've actually made it to Beacon Academy...I'm amazed...

"Oh, city girl? You seem pretty adept to me." Ren gave her a friendly grin. "And I'm pretty much ready, sure. This school is kidstuff." He shrugged, looking around. "Grand and fancy-ass looking though."

Areiz shrugged. "Practice." She said, standing and following beside him. "Huh..I was told it was really hard here." she smiled a little, looking around. "Yeah..it is fancy..doesn't look like anyone described." the thought made her smiled a little more. "Where are you from?" She asked, elbowing him gently in the arm with a smile.

"My parents, of course." He said, cocking an eyebrow and a cheeky grin, showing a relaxed confidence. "I'm nothing much really. I'd rather figure out where we can get munchables 'round here. Heard this country's best dish is roast pork or something."

Areiz chuckled a little as his response. "Well..I don't know where food could be found.." She looked around quizically. "Maybe we could find a teacher or administrator and ask?" It seemed like a logical idea. Well...if one could be found.. she thought to herself, realizing she didn't see one.