DuoG0ds

• Thread starter camolot the creator
  • Start date
i shrugged; i had vaguely heard it calling, but had simply throw up another layer of mental blocks in response. "go ahead and try, but don't blame me if it tries to vaporize you. sentient weapons are notoriously incredibly unpredictable; i mean, have you ever spoken to Elexion's sword? a few thousand years hasn't done any favors for it's sarcasm."

Knight began to laugh at creators coment.
"If I do get vaporized, you can't have my stuff" knight said jokeing. Knight picked up the sword the blade became enveloped with a blue flame that quickly changed to black. A symbol began to burn into Knights hand. It was the eye. The runes stopped glowing blue and began to chance into black.

The blade spoke to knight again "how are you master" knight was surprised at its politeness.
"I'm uh fine" Knight told the blade "do you know where you were made?" Knight asked it.
"No master I am sorry" it replyed
"Do you know where your previous master was from?"
"No"
"How about what your symbols mean?"
"No I'm sorry I don't know."knight got annoyed
"What do you mean you don't know you are the most useless thing in the universe. "

Knight looked at creator "do you hear this?"

i rubbed my temples. "sort of, though it's a little faint. i think that it's a direct link between you and the sword, but i can sense it and, if i concentrate enough, tap into it. the words are a little garbled here and there, but i can read the conversation well enough to understand what's going on and what each party is saying." i glanced at the weapon. "don't tell it that, though; i don't fully trust it. after all, it was the weapon of our enemy, and artifacts tend not to forget things lightly: this could be the advantage that takes it down if it turns on us." i hesitated. "on that note, make sure not to tell it just what we did to it's old master, if it doesn't already know."

"I've never had a sword that talks before I think I'll enjoy it" said Knight.
"Yes let us kill a thousand enemy's and drink there blood" said the sword. Knight looked at the sword.
"Did you just..." Knight said aloud, then recomposed him self "what's your name?" Knight asked the sword. He figured that he should know.

As Knight asked he could feel the blades suprise
"My old master never asked when she was alive. Very well I'll tell you my name its Espin the Faithkeeper, what is yours master?" The sword said Knight smiled.
"Espin that's a good name my name is Jesse Knight."

Knight looked back a Creator. "So where do you want to start?" Knight asked Creator.

"well, we could go to Osrisis and see Elexion; he or his sword might know more about this derivative of Ancient. alternatively, we could visit Wanderer and get him to do a full spectral analysis on the sword and the sample, something i'm not able to do here, or we could track down someone i know that has created sentient swords in the past, as he might have more knowledge about that particular sword." i frowned. "i think it's worth mentioning that the last time i met with this acquaintance of mine, we parted on less than positive terms, and he may still hold some hostility towards me. we may have to battle him down, and considering that he's registered as a LVL 12 on the SPRS, there's a lot of potential for collateral damage, not to mention that he carries Death's Blessing." i brushed the single piece of grey armor on my shoulder. "to be honest though, i'm up for a fight if you are, and my acquaintance might be able to pull memories and images directly from the mind of the weapon, so i think that he would have the most relevant answers."

Knight thought for a moment. "Well i think we should go see Elexion first then we can go see this...acquaintance of yours" Knight could feel Espins unease " what is it?" he asked it.
"I don't know about this man, if he is what that guy in the lab coat says he is then he might be hard to find and or crazy, maybe dangerous, and i do not need to lose another master. I was lucky that your soul were compatible with me." she said. Knight took a double take
"wait you can hear him?" knight said aloud.
Of corse, I'm a sword not deaf" she retorted.
"Well its decided then lets go to Elexion first."

i frowned at Elpis. "hard to find, yes; dangerous, maybe, but certainly not insane. bitter, perhaps, but not insane." i sighed and turned my attention back to Knight. "very well. if Elexion has no information, his sword might; Honor is older than he is, and is far more experienced with the Ancient culture than I, or the most knowledgeable Alliance or HU linguists and historians. generally, Honor is not inclined to merely hand out information about it's creators, but i think that this might be seen as an exception, particularly if we have discovered possible evidence of a surviving Ancient population." i stripped off the lab coat that i had been wearing, the single piece of shoulder armor remaining on my shoulder as it always did. even when i slung my black longcoat over my shoulders, the amor simply appeared as it always did on the right shoulder of my top layer of clothing. i walked to a wall and typed a code into a nearly invisible keypad, causing a wall to slide back and reveal an arsenal of firearms, swords, grenades and various other weaponry. i removed an SR-09, a strange .50 cal pistol, from it's cradle, slapped a fresh magazine into it's slot, pulled the slide back and tossed it to Knight. "Elexion is currently involved in a ground engagement with INFINYTUM forces in the Cadavir system. due to the quantum distortions and weapons fire in the area, i can get us about five to seven miles from the command bunker he's directing the HU troops from, but no closer; i want you to follow my lead as exactly as you can, or you might end up on the wrong planet, or even the wrong universe. you know how these things work." i turned back to the weapons cache. "stock up now, though."
I unbluckled the two ninja swords from my leg, slipping them into an empty slot, then grabbed a SAR-25, an assault rifle, and two clips of 7.62mm ammo, shoving one of the clips into my coat pocket and loading the second in the weapon, before slinging the weapon over my shoulder. I then grabbed a second SR-09 and a SP-17, an automatic 9mm pistol, then placing them in holsters designed for them and belting the SP-17 under my arm and the SR-09 at my side. finally, i grabbed a long sword and a black katana from their slots, buckling them to my back and making sure the sheaths went under the SAR-25.
I stood to one side to wait for a moment, ready to move out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse Knight grinned, he caught the pistol. A good weapon, he was aching for a fight. He looked at his empty hand, not all of his power had returned but.
"I think I'll take you up on that offer" Knight said and he focused his energy, a dark energy covered his body as he slipped his body into the multiverse. Changing his armor from the black carbon steel jump suit to his Darkrathgon jumpsuit, much like his old one only instead of black carbon steel it was Darkrathgon. Darkrathgon was a superstrong metal that was extremely durable but also extremely heavy.

Usually Knight would also summon his Darkrathgon claymore, but he didn't. He summoned three sheaths. One heled a Darkrathgon short sword, the other two were empty. Knight placed Espin and the piston into the empty sheaths.
"This isn't my heavy battle suit, but it is stronger than what I was wearing before." Knight looked at Creators armory.
"I think I'll take a cupple weapon" he said as he reached for a Kurkuri combat knife, he strapped it to his right shoulder. He also took a 50 cal semi auto sniper rifle, it was labbled as SR-05, and he strapped it to his chest. Knight gave Creator a sideways grin and said "ready"

Last edited:
i nodded. "alright, follow me."
i tapped a quick series of commands into the wrist computer linked to my QVEs, which, after a moment of spinning up, phased me out of my lab and into the Cadavir system. for a moment, i actually believed that i was stable, but then a wave of distortion rippled across my field of vision and i nearly fell out of sync, barely managing to right myself and finally land in the correct universe, where i examined my surroundings.
i noted that my current position seemed to be underground, in a bunker of some sort; the occasional artillery shell or orbital strike would cause a thrum of vibration that shook dust loose from the ceiling and onto the twenty or so back-clad INFINYTUM soldiers that were currently staring at me, looking completely priceless with shocked expressions plastered all over their faces. i took a moment to enjoy their expressions before i dropped the first soldier by sweeping his legs, then putting one of my swords through his chest.
at this point, the other nineteen seemed to remember what they were and began attacking en mass, with a combination of firearms and bladed weaponry. i sliced clean through the sword wielded by my first opponent, then quickly drew my SR-09 with my left hand and sent an analite jacketed .50 calibur round through his heart, to which he responded by gasping, then collapsing to the floor writhing. i then sliced one from his left shoulder to right hip, creating a large fan of crimson liquid, then quickly plugged two head shots, creating yet more sprays of blood.
the remaining fifteen charged in unison; i dispatched two more with quick flicks of my sword, then finished three more with quickly aimed shots. my seventh bullet crashed through the abdomens of two more, and the slide of the SR-09 locked back, indicating that the weapon was empty. i quickly dropped it and grabbed my SP-17 from its holster and, with a quick burst of automatic fire, managed to dispatch two more, with the third, fortunately for him, being protected from the 9mm rounds with body armor; the automatic pistol then jammed before i could finish him off with it. disgusted, i hurled it so hard at the soldier that it changed the position of the top of his helmet, crumpling it inward and crushing his skull. the remaining five soldiers glanced at their fallen comrades and beat a hasty retreat from the bunker, leaving my with fifteen dead bodies.

sighing, i cocked the SP-17 again to clear the jam, then retrieved the SR-09 from where it had fallen, ejecting the spent magazine and replacing it with one from my coat's pocket before cocking the weapon, and finally placing both back in their respective holsters.

Creator disappeared into another universe, and Knight followed. Unlike creator who used the multiverse equivalent of a sports car. And knight followed untill he got a skull splitting headache. He collapsed onto one knee.
"What is happening." Asked Espin.
"My...head" knight said through his teeth. And like a bee sting the head ache was gone.

Knight stood up, he was curious to find out what caused the headache, but all traces of what gave it to him were gone. He teleported to creators presence, by the time he got there creator had dispatched all of the enemies.
"it seems like you didn't leave any fore me, no matter." Knight said he walked over to one of the soldiers. Knight went through the helmet until he found a transmitter. He began to listen in. There was a lot of static. "Multipl(interference)troops deployed t(interference)lost my(interference) after this lets go on a dat(interference)" then it died.
"Damn it all to hell" knight said through a sigh. He stood up and went through the door of the bunker. Out side he could see INFINYTUM and HU forces fighting, usually wars meant nothing to knight, but this was a war between near gods. To say he was interested was an understatement. He pulled the pistol out of its sheath and began to fire his first shot went through the head of an INFINYTUM soldier. He looked at creator and said in a serious voice "this is much more effective than the pistol in my armory"

"really?" I quickly pulled the SAR-25 off of my shoulder and put a burst of rounds into an INFINYTUM squad. "I always thought of it as a little unwieldy when used for mid-range stuff." At this point, the INFINYTUM soldiers had been alerted to our presence and position; the normal troops were withdrawing, and a group of Elites, INFIN's answer to the HU Mobile Strike Teams, where approaching. I sent a burst of automated fire at the one at the head, but most of the bullets were deflected by his sword or his body armor. I sighed, then drew my SR-09 and sent a round crashing through the center of his forehead, leaving him to flop lifelessly at the feet of his comrades, who simply jumped over his limp form and continued toward us, swords drawn. I traded my SR-09 for the SP-17 and drew my sword with my right hand; things were about to get messy. I managed to get six rounds into the first soldier, taking about .75 seconds, before their line met with ours. The next few minutes were consumed with hacking, slashing, stabbing and shooting, occasionally ejecting a magazine and replacing it with a new one.

After about three minutes of wading in INFIN soldiers, I was about to cut yet another in twain before there was a flash of red and someone came crashing down on my target from above. Whoever it was stood up and saluted me.

"Jack Rawlings, sir, MST-003 Firestarters. We've been tasked to assist you."

I looked him over: he was wearing a loud orange and red coat that reached down to his knees and did nothing for stealth; A red and black hilted katana was sheathed over his back, and traces of fire swirled around his limbs, obviously labelling him a pyrokinetic. Having finished examining him, I elected to speak with him.

"Son," I said gravely, gently laying my hand on his shoulder, "you just stole my kill."

Jack obviously blanched, drawing out a laugh from me, which restored his grin. "good to see you again, Jack; nice to see your doing well for yourself." I glanced behind him. "now if you'll excuse me for a moment…" I quickly deflected a bullet headed for Jack's back, chuckling at the unintentional rhyme as I did, then shot the soldier who had fired it.

"So, Jack…" I asked, turning back to him, "what's your business here?"

He blinked, and then seemed to remember. "I was sent by Elexion to RV with you, sir; he knows why your here, and he said something about a strategy and quid pro quo…"

"tsk…" I grimaced. "So it's going to be like that?" I shook my head. "So, what does he have in mind?"

Jack pointed to the East. "INFIN soldiers have set up a blockade on all the major roads leading that direction. From what we can gather from orbit, there are a multitude of artillery batteries and anti-orbital guns there that are preventing us from moving heavy vehicles in close or even getting an orbital strike on the position. Elexion would have already ordered a ground assault if most applicable assets weren't already engaged in other areas of the battlefield."

"let me guess." I crossed my arms. "Knight and I are convenient assets that can take said batteries by surprise before the word gets out and the surprise is ruined."

Jack rubbed the back of his neck. "something like that, yeah, but we'll be your backup."

"fine. Wait here." I waded back into the battle, quickly finding Knight standing on a pile of armored corpses, fighting anyone who climbed up. "hey, Knight!" I yelled, cutting a soldier in half as I did; "up for a little artillery raid!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Knight had fought through meny of the enemy's so meny that they began to pile up under neath him like a small hill of death.
"Hey knight up for a little artillery raid" yelled creator, knight grinned he was hopeing creator would say something that sounded impossible.
"I'm in" he yelled as he shot an enemy behind creator in the head.
"523" knight boosted "what's your count?" Knight pointed his pistol at another enemy and pulled the trigger, another head shot.
"I'm out" he said as he threw the pistol down.

Knight jumped next to creator. He shoved his hand into the mutiverse and pulled out a pistol from his armory.
" meet the palidin. It is a single shot; top loaded 50 mm pistol. Highly Ineffective, but power full." knight held it out for creator to take. "It was made from a Jesse in an alternate universe who had so much time on his hands he decided to make the most bulky inefficient pistol ever created. After he made this however he got serious and made a semi-effective shotgun and a sniper rifle. What do you think?" Knight asked creator.

"this is..." i picked up the weapon. "this. this is the worst- this is all your armory is composed of? no wonder you don't use firearms" i avoided looking directly at it; if i did, i would would immediately be overtaken by the urge to completely rework the weapon into something usable, wasting valuable time. instead, i placed the gun in my coat pocket, in order to trigger said urge at a later date when i had the time. "i hope you don't mind if i borrow this; i'll get a couple of crates of Wings weaponry and munitions sent to my dead drop point for you in exchange." i turned to Jack. "speaking of weapons, got any supplies in that regard?"
Jack pressed a finger to the comlink in his ear and muttered something, then looked at me. "anything you want, they're ready." i nodded.
"give me an SR-05 with a box of analite jacketed rounds and two extra magazines, then," i said. Jack repeated the order, then gave me a thumbs up.
i only had to wait a moment; with a shriek and a loud BANG, a large metallic oval object landed close by, causing an approaching INFIN force to scuttle away from what they thought might be a bomb. i shook my head, approached the object, and wrenched the doors open, revealing my order in pristine condition. i stood, wiping the black residue left from the outside of the drop pod on my pants. "orbital ordinance drops are a thing of beauty." i removed the rifle, then slung it across my shoulders with my swords and the SAR-25, sticking the extra magazines and box of rounds into my coat pocket, then switched the retrieval beacon concealed just inside the door on so a ship could swing by and pick up the pod later. "hey, you want anything, Knight? just tell Jack and he'll get it dropped." i sat down on a nearby rock, pulling out magazines, checking bolts and making sure that all of my weapons and spare magazines were fully reloaded.

Knight scratched his chin. "I'm not famillier with wings tech but I think I'll take a SR-09 with three extra clips, two extra clips for this" knight gestured to the rifle on his back. "And a cupple of incinerarry grenades if you have them." Knight said. "Oh and a number 1 with crus and coke. Only if you have it." Knight said jokingly. The look on the solders face was priceless.

Knight turned to creator "so what is the job exactly?"

Jack repeated the order into his radio, then smiled wryly and said "and he wants the uno, with coke and crush." Jack listened for a moment, then said "I dunno; I'll ask him." He pulled his finger away from his ear and asked Knight "how cooked do you want your burger to be? They're prepared to drop the full combo meal, but the cook insisted on being thorough."

I glanced at Knight and said simply "this is HU, Knight. Duohumans consume about four to six thousand calories a day if they're operating at one hundred percent, due both to their incredible metabolism and their ability for cellular regeneration, so food being dropped in is not all that uncommon. You'd have to do more than that to throw them for a loop." I pulled the bolt back on my SR-05, checking the chamber for damage or wear. Finding it satisfactory, I chambered the first round and slung it over my back. "as for the mission, Elexion wants us to run a surprise attack on the INFIN artillery position; it's their fallback point and is the reason that HU isn't blowing the crap out of the INFIN ground forces with orbital MAC cannon strikes. He wants to go in low and fast, take out the anti-orbital weapons so they can pound it from orbit." I grinned. "and I already have a plan to get us in and out with relative ease; that's what the rifles are for."

Knight looked at the solder "well done" then back at creator "I see, a plan. does this plan involve us sniping out the enemies and talking the rest out by foot. But what happens if we get shot at we need someone for covering fire. I could call a unit of my soldiers in if you want or one of us could be a meat shield, eater one works. only if that s what you were planing."

"actually, that's the beauty of my plan." i removed a long, black spike, then stuck it in the ground and gently depressed a button on it's side. the air above the spike lit up with a holographic relief map of the local area. "here is the INFIN defensive line." drew a line north to south, covering several major roads that traversed the landscape. "because of the anti-orbital and artillery, any vehicles or ADOMs would be sitting ducks, and the position is too well defended to assault with ground troops." i drew a circle behind the line. "this is the artillery position, and this-" i drew a dot, southwest of the defensive line, "is our current position." i stepped back for a moment. "now, typically, the best bet for winning this battle would be to send infantry forces north and south, around the defensive line, then take out the artillery, but thanks to sensor relays as well as how deep they've dug themselves in INFIN forces would pound any mid to large force that attempted this. however, there is a way around even that." i drew another line, beginning at our position, going south of the defenses, and finally ending on a raised area directly south of the artillery emplacement. "we send in a small force, maximum of four to five people, with sniper rifles, ending up on this ridge here, which would provide both ideal cover and sniping position. it's here in my little plan that the SR-05s come into play." i swept the map to the side, then brought up a holographic 3D rendering of an eighteen foot tall mech with a heavy cannon attached to it's back. "this is the artillery unit INFIN forces are using here. because they're so well defended and typically so far in friendly area, there are several weak points in the design, the most dramatic being this one." i pointed at the back of one of the legs, and the hologram zoomed in on and highlighted a single thick pipe outlined against the joint. "this is the main hydraulic line for the unit, keeping tension in the legs when the servo motors are inactive, and always active when the unit is firing or in firing mode. this is fine for the design, but if the pipe gets hit..."the rendering animated with a gushing of hydraulic fluid from the back of the knee joint and the collapse of the entire mech onto its side. "the legs give out underneath it. now, imagine if someone happened to hit the hydraulic pipe with a shot from a high-calibur rifle just as the unit was about to fire." i smiled evilly. "you get the picture."
i returned the display to the relief map. "once the unit goes down, its artillery round will explode right in the center of the INFIN position. during the ensuing chaos, no one will notice when we, we being me, you, Knight, and Jack, slip in and plant some C-12 and thermite explosives packs in the power conduits. once the explosives are planted, we evac to a safe distance before the confusion dies down and the firing begins again, running an electrical current through the conduits and the C-12, causing vaporization, serious injury and instant death to the anti orbital guns. HU will then have full reign of the sky, and the hail of MAC rounds will end this battle quickly." i turned to Jack and Knight. "any questions?"

"none" the solder said, knight respond in a grunt that meant he had none. the plan was pretty straight forward. He understood, thats when the drop came. It was a large metal crate, the top opened the solder reached in and gave knight his meal. He quickly wolfed it down. The solder also handed knight the weapon and extra clips of ammo, he even got the grenades he asked for, knight was ready. He asked creator "ready?"

"not quite." i turned to Jack. "could you order us the proper explosives?"
Jack shook his head. "no need." he turned towards the other two members of his team. "hey, Sulk, time to shine."
one of the two, a somber woman dressed in grey with a black cloak belted around her waist and a backpack vaguely reminiscent of certain USMC packs i had seen in the past, approached silently. without a word to any of us, she slung her pack off of her back and glanced at me, as if inviting me to retrieve what i required. i approached and crouched next to the pack; then, careful not to disturb it's other, less stable contents, i shifted through the surprisingly large collection and located three bricks of C-12, as well as a number of thermite canisters and a roll of duct tape, always vital for explosives. i then stood back up with the load of plastic explosives and chemicals, walking to the side and placing them on a flat sotne before removing three black nylon belts from the pockets of my coat and setting to work.
while i taped the C-12 and thermite to each strap, i explained the details of setting the explosives. "the C-12 is going to be both the thing that sets off the thermite and the portion of the explosive pack that deals the largest amount of concussive damage, and anything left standing will be burned or melted by the after-explosion of thermite." i ripped another strip of tape off of the roll and continued. "i'm going to supply each of you with a couple of wires; i want you to splice them into the electrical firing systems of the cannon so they're linked to the charging mechanism that creates and builds up a plasma charge before releasing it. once all three of the explosive packs are placed in each of the three cannons and we've evac'ed to a safe distance, i'll call in an orbital strike on the artillery. in an attempt to defend their position from bombardment, INFIN gunnery troops will attempt to fire all three at once, triggering a huge explosion followed by a series of similar explosions as the MAC rounds find their marks. once the artillery is down, HU will move in the heavy machinery and this battle will be all but over. with their primary defensive position and fall-back point now one giant creater, INFINYTUM forces on this planet will be forced to retreat from this world or face capture from the advancing HU line." i stuck the last piece of tape onto the final belt, then handed one to Jack and one to Knight, keeping the third for myself and buckling it around my waist. "keep a low profile and try not to be seen. we could accomplish this mission either way, but i'd rather not risk giving INFINYTUM a chance to move their units while the force of Dark Duohumans they have on hand keeps us busy."
i turned to Knight and Jack. "i want this to be a clean operation; in, plant charges, out, with no witnesses. if we're seen, the troops might catch on to what we're doing and disconnect the explosive packs from the firing systems and we'd have to fight our way back to complete our goal." with that, i passed by them and pushed off with my foot, accelerating from zero to sixty miles per hour in about 1.2 seconds flat, then checking they were following my route before continuing towards the ridge, which was tall enough to be visible even from here.

Knight grabed the explosives, he had never done a "clean" operation before. There is no such thing, he knew creator also knew. But it was wishful thinking. Then he flashed stepped, knight followed. Creator stoped at ridge, and so did knight. The soldier also stopped.

The position they had taken was hevely fortified and well guarded. Knight could see how this could be an annoyance for elexion. Knight took off the sniper rifle on his back and begain to look at there defensive line.
"8...10 guards in the front, I cant see inside but it looks like we can get in the right over there, only 2 guards, if your up for it." Knight paused for a moment, through his scope he could see a dark duohuman unlike the others.

Knight could tell that he was powerful. He seemed familiar, but knight didn't recinize him. Knight turned toward creator,
"Do you know who that is?" and knight handed creator his sniper so he could take a look.