Dungeons & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kame

Original poster
I see a lot of Roleplay types on this site but the only thing i don't see is the game that started it all, ''Dungeons and Dragons.'' This roleplay will be dice based just like the actual game and fantasy based but i will need help creating the rules and bases of this roleplay, if you could help that would be much appreciated.

Which edition would you be using? I have the book for 5th but not the others.

Also, what setting did you have in mind?

Which edition would you be using? I have the book for 5th but not the others.

Also, what setting did you have in mind?
Not sure, to be honest i haven't played the game much and i don't know the entire rules just know that dice is involved and thought it would be a good idea to be a roleplay here. Since you know more than me would you mind being the game master? I'm sure i can look up the full rules without a problem though.

Well, I don't really know what it would be about and I don't have the Monster Manual or Dungeon Master's Guide, just the Player's Handbook..

I guess we could go a little lighter on the rules - still some rolls but maybe reduce the number you have to roll? Say, just a d20, modified by abilities and skills? I'm just worried that having too many rolls will slow this down.

Reactions: Kame
Well, I don't really know what it would be about and I don't have the Monster Manual or Dungeon Master's Guide, just the Player's Handbook..

I guess we could go a little lighter on the rules - still some rolls but maybe reduce the number you have to roll? Say, just a d20, modified by abilities and skills? I'm just worried that having too many rolls will slow this down.
Right, We should use some sort of online dice system instead of the dice on here, it wouldn't work like that would it?

I was just taking a stroll and I stumbled across this here thread. I have all three fifth edition rulebooks since I personally DM for a group of my friends most weekends. You honestly don't need the monster manual or DM guide to be a DM, you just have to have a very good gamesense and knowledge of the rules. I have a modern fantasy setting that I'd like to test before turning it over to my group. Although, if I may, I have to say that usually people who want to play tabletop D&D online use "Roll20", linked here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kame
I would love to do this, though I'm not too sure about 5e~

I'm more of a 3.5er, as I loved and played that for years

Regardless of how this goes, I'd love to do a 3.5 sometime. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.