Dungeons & Dragons

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kōsaki, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I see a lot of Roleplay types on this site but the only thing i don't see is the game that started it all, ''Dungeons and Dragons.'' This roleplay will be dice based just like the actual game and fantasy based but i will need help creating the rules and bases of this roleplay, if you could help that would be much appreciated.
  2. Which edition would you be using? I have the book for 5th but not the others.

Also, what setting did you have in mind?
  3. Not sure, to be honest i haven't played the game much and i don't know the entire rules just know that dice is involved and thought it would be a good idea to be a roleplay here. Since you know more than me would you mind being the game master? I'm sure i can look up the full rules without a problem though.
  4. Well, I don't really know what it would be about and I don't have the Monster Manual or Dungeon Master's Guide, just the Player's Handbook..

I guess we could go a little lighter on the rules - still some rolls but maybe reduce the number you have to roll? Say, just a d20, modified by abilities and skills? I'm just worried that having too many rolls will slow this down.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Right, We should use some sort of online dice system instead of the dice on here, it wouldn't work like that would it?
  6. I was just taking a stroll and I stumbled across this here thread. I have all three fifth edition rulebooks since I personally DM for a group of my friends most weekends. You honestly don't need the monster manual or DM guide to be a DM, you just have to have a very good gamesense and knowledge of the rules. I have a modern fantasy setting that I'd like to test before turning it over to my group. Although, if I may, I have to say that usually people who want to play tabletop D&D online use "Roll20", linked here.
    • Thank Thank x 1
  7. I would love to do this, though I'm not too sure about 5e~

I'm more of a 3.5er, as I loved and played that for years

Regardless of how this goes, I'd love to do a 3.5 sometime. ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.