2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy
Not sure if I'm doing this right but I'm a player looking for a DM and group to run a game as I've had way too many ideas for characters lately and I just can't wait to play some of them! I would like to start at a bit higher level than your typical level 1 game as I've done it so many times, and it would be nice to play higher level characters for once (at least level three)! I do have a copy of the grim hollow campaign setting if anyone is interested in running it. I know there are people already interested in DnD since they're still around despite our last game falling through.

Vistani merchant who travels from plane to plane using the shadowfell
A shadow person of the underdark replacing their prime material plane counterpart
A person who seeks out their adventurer parents who went looking for the shining citadel in the shadowfell and never returned.
A drow follower of Eilistraee
A) Above ground trying to make a life for themself and improve the opinion of drow while adventuring to help others
B) In the underdark
1) Trying to flee Lolth's tyranny
2) Returning to try and aid those seeking a way out
A noble who loves his fencing and accidentally spent or lost all his fortune and his parents make him risk his life adventuring to get back his fortune and his honor (or just gain the family some honor instead of regaining it)
A light cleric who doesn't heal but is instead a fiery crusader seeking to purge the lands of evil. (preferably in the grim hollow setting)
An orc samurai seeking to gain honor for his relatively peaceful clan and improve the reputation of orcs. (A similar idea could be done for a goblin knight)
A warforged trying to become human.

I've got more but those are the ones I really want to do right now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vii
Can run a small game 🙂 More roleplaying, less dice rolls but should be fun.

Always interested ❤️

Reactions: EldridSmith and Vii
I'm personally more of a player then a GM myself but I'm willing to GM if no one else is up for the task. I have been working on a story to bring to life it's just taken me a bit more time then I would have liked.

Reactions: EldridSmith and Vii
@PrideAscending @Andy (and you too @Vii ) Glad to see you're all still in! I will ask if anyone has any specific settings they have in mind they would like to play in, like the underdark, a plane jumping one, or something else as this could help narrow down choices. Personally any that would fit any of my character ideas listed would be good so I'm pretty flexible.
I'm curious what you're thoughts are for your potential games in regards to setting, plot, and general info (heck maybe we could get 2 running so everyone can play)

Last edited:
@EldridSmith not quite sure what you mean what our thoughts are..like do you mean if we think we could pull them off? Or..what exactly? Sorry lack of sleep is making me confused really easily.

@Andy Oh it was just a follow up to my previous question! it was about what settings you guys were thinking about, general plot ideas, basically just general information on what you had in mind. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough, let me condense the two posts.

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
@EldridSmith I have your usual D&D modules; Curse of Strahd, Rime of the Frost Maiden, Water Deep (dragon heist/mad mage), etc. As well as a new book I picked up that has 500 random short encounters that can be worked into just about any setting as side quests, etc.

I also have; Cats and Catacombs/Dogs and Dungeons, Vast Kaviya (21?+ warlords to defeat), Skies of Sordane (sorta steam punk flying ships), and a few others.

I have on order/to be found; Lord of the Rings, Serenity/Firefly, Coyote & Crow (native american 5e), Affinity (sci-fi/fantasy themed, three different settings), as well as things like Into The Motherlands (more sci-fi/fantasy setting), The Story Engine; Deck of Worlds & Quest Decks (randomly generated content that can be fit into 5e rules), Monsters of Murka (parody setting, very Queer friendly), and Heliana's Guide To Monster Hunting (think the Monster Hunter games)

I can get the books for; Starfinder, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, World of Darkness, etc. but I have not played them before and may have to bullshit a lot of it.

And @Andy ^ That's what he's asking about. You've already stated you have an original idea you wanted to play through :P

@PrideAscending
I've started curse of strahd but never finished it I could definitely fit one of my shadowfell ideas into that one.
I JUST watched a video about the frost maiden (no spoilers tho, just info on the god) so that sounds FUN and would fit my idea for the dues vult fire cleric (though I would have to submit one spell from grim hollow to you to see if I could use it) or my exiled noble.
I could certainly fit one of my drow followers of Eilistraee or the noble fencer into waterdeep

All of them sounds fun so I'm down for whatever everyone else wants.

I don't know much about the other systems (except pathfinder).

@PrideAscending @EldridSmith it's ok no fault on anyone's end lol I'm just super tired with work and all so like I said I'm just having a hard time keeping my thoughts straight. Like yesterday I worked a 16 hour shift on 4 hours of sleep so..yeah XD I'm struggling a bit to keep my focus and to not get confused. Likely today I'll be working another 16 hour shift as well but at least today I got some decent sleep lol so we'll see.

I've never played any of those campaigns so I would be more then happy to do one of them honestly haha.

As far as my setting goes..um..I'm not sure how to describe it honestly lol. There's going to be a LOT of traveling and adventuring. So you'll go from big cities, to vast deserts, to hidden ruins you'll be pretty much all over the place. So I can't say it's going to be dark like Curse of Strahd would be or anything like that um..yeah I'm not sure what to say. If you have a specific question that may help you narrow down your choices I'll do my best to answer it.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: EldridSmith
@Andy I think it best we let you rest some before you start answering any questions, your health comes first!

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
@EldridSmith I do really appreciate the concern but it's not a big deal lol. This is something I deal with a LOT more then I'd like to admit haha..plus I'm gonna be at work for a while anyways and this will help give me something to do to pass the time so I really don't mind.

Alrighty then... well I suppose I'll start by asking what the driving force is going to be for your story, a rough overview of the plot would be helpful when picking out a character to play this would also be helpful in directing further questions.

Ok so the very basic rough overview is this and this is going to be super basic because..I want to leave a lot unanswered so that way the story would be more of a surprise when plot turns come and such. So...bare with me on how basic this is going to be.

The Goddess of Fate and Time is missing and more and more prayers are going unanswered by the Deities. Dark forces are stirring and ancient enemies are coming back to haunt the world again. However the lines of friend and allies are getting blurred and ancient enemies may not be so evil after all..and those that are known as allies may not be as pious as they appear. Even the lines between good and evil as far as the Gods are concerned are starting to waver a new age is beginning..but will this new age be born of darkness and bloodshed? Or unity and hope?

Well let's start with why would WE be adventuring, at least the initial reason given? Some party cohesion would be required after all.

Are you asking as to why your group is traveling together? Or what get's your group started on the journey? If it's the latter that's something I want to keep until the story starts. Because that's something that I think is going to be a bit more unique to the story that kind of differentiates between this story and other DnD campaigns..at least to a certain extent.

If it's the former well..then that I'm open to discussion. Your characters could all be somewhat locals to the area and know each other, you could all have known each other prior to the journey, you could all be part of a guild and you know each other through that, or I could give each of you a special role in how you got involved in the main journey. Doing the last may give you some information that others may not have right away. So there's a part of me that leans a little towards doing it that way but in doing so it would come down to an honesty thing when it comes to reading each other's posts as in the whole..just because YOU know something because you read it in someone else's post doesn't mean your character knows it.

A bit of both really, I'm only asking due to not having any group cohesion/reasons to travel together was the reason some of my recent games I've been in having fallen apart. Well I suppose my next question would be about the world lore, assuming it's not Faerun since you said it was homebrew, what's the general mythos, beliefs, gods, and what would locals know and all.

That one I'm working on and I have a google doc that I'm editing to share with you all. However I don't have access to it while I'm at work. But the basic premise is that there are 12 deities in total that the locals know about. Pretty much everything that is in that file will be what you need to know about that stuff. Um..everyone in this world believes in these deities and just pray to them for different things so..in a way kind of think of Greek Mythology for that. Everyone believes in all the Gods but depending on the situation they pray for different things. The people don't just devote themselves to one God. Some do if they're like apostles or desciples or something like that but overall everyone prays to and believes in the same Gods..hope I'm making sense with that.

Sorry for the late reply @Andy been a bit busy recently. Most people in DnD are polytheistic so that's not a big deal, it will be easy to RP and fun since I haven't seen anyone playing a polytheist before. Is there anything else you can tell us on the culture and setting to help us hammer out character ideas?

I've got a strong inclination for rime of the frost maiden and the two water deep settings but which of the three modules would you prefer running @PrideAscending ?

@EldridSmith Haven't run any of them, so it's more or less up to you, Andy and @Vii which one you'd like to do most. I'm pretty flexible ^^

@PrideAscending Would you like some lore videos related to the campaign chosen (mostly the monsters and gods and the realm)?