3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, detective noir, fractured fairytales
Sooooo... I love D&D and I love the setting and lore, and the mechanics in 5e are pretty fantastic for new-ish players.

While I'm not too fond of being a Dungeon Master for "live sessions" because SO MUCH WORK, I would love to run a group through roleplaying only. Imagine - everything you dreamed of for playing D&D, except all text-based and situations that require dice rolls are done either by me OR through the dice system available on everyone's posts on Iwaku. Now, D&D can be very heavily action-based and that can lend itself to really long scenes, so there will obviously be some ... custom rules I suppose, to make sure we don't get dragged down with 10 pages per fight scene.

I have a bajillion plot ideas, so that's not a problem - but before I get invested into bringing this to life, I just wanna probe for interest 8D

Here's what I'll be looking for and expecting:

-Posting speed: 1 post / 2 week or 3 weeks, depending on player preference to be honest
-Character development: that shit is what I LOVE about roleplaying, so that would definitely be a big focus even though it'll be an action-adventure story
-Character sheets: they will be very similar to standard D&D sheets, and I will be happy to provide examples if needed
-Lore & general info: we would be using Elemental Evil & Player's Handbook info. Most of the information is available through Wikipedia, D&D Wikia, etc. I have a physical copy of the book as well, in case anyone needs more info.
-Character level: ideally, we'd be starting at level 3 so I can throw us into the big dangers real fast and so that you guys can have access to cooler shit within character roles.
-Number of players: Most D&D parties range from 4 to 6 players, and it is likely that this is the number of players I'll be looking for. Any more than that and I will want to die. (If I do get more than 6 applications, players will be chosen on a variety of factors, so it will not be first come first served.)
-Discord server: once I've accumulated enough interest, I'll start a Discord server to discuss plot, character creation, etc

If you have no knowledge or familiarity with Dungeons & Dragons 5e, this roleplay will most likely not be for you! But I will be more than happy to assist newbies as long as you show me you are willing to learn on your own about the world of D&D.

What do you think... :eyes:

EDIT: if the dice rolls on Iwaku posts don't work, I'll just magic shenanigans and roll for everyone >8D teeheeheehee (but it might also be a bug that's gonna get resolved at some point)

Last edited:
Just out of intense interest, would you be willing to allow people using content from the official supplements (Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes)?

Just out of intense interest, would you be willing to allow people using content from the official supplements (Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes)?
Since I'm not familiar with those, I'll have to check them out and confirm y/n! If there's only like ONE PERSON in the interested people who know about it, then ... :') it's not a no but it's not a yes, it's a c'est à voir.

raisins hand
I am an interested individual! promise not to steal faces
Since I'm not familiar with those, I'll have to check them out and confirm y/n! If there's only like ONE PERSON in the interested people who know about it, then ... :') it's not a no but it's not a yes, it's a c'est à voir.
I know about these! But I am also good with your original post specifications, for sure.

Is there anything you're asking for players to bring to the table? FWIW, I've been playing 5E off and on for over a year now I believe...

• Sweet
  • Love
Reactions: Joan and Pahn
Would definitely be down for something like this.

• Sweet
Reactions: Pahn
:EYESINTENSIFY:

I would also like knowing if official supplements are available, just throwing that out there! Just to sum it up, what they offer is new subclasses, new races, new subraces, and new spells. If it ends up being a no, it's not a huge deal, I just wanna know what my options are :P

• Sweet
raisins hand
I am an interested individual! promise not to steal faces

I know about these! But I am also good with your original post specifications, for sure.

Is there anything you're asking for players to bring to the table? FWIW, I've been playing 5E off and on for over a year now I believe...

my face D:

Honestly, all I'd ask of players is some cooperation in terms of... plot candies? XD Also helping out others who might not be too sure how weapons and armour and spells etc work. I don't wanna get ahead of myself, so we'll see once we get there :D

:EYESINTENSIFY:

I would also like knowing if official supplements are available, just throwing that out there! Just to sum it up, what they offer is new subclasses, new races, new subraces, and new spells. If it ends up being a no, it's not a huge deal, I just wanna know what my options are :P

I suppose I'll have to look into it XD I've always been a #basicbitch in that regard, however I am definitely open to including additional things if they aren't too crazy and easily manageable for play-by-post D&D.

• Love
Reactions: Joan and Eru
Honestly, all I'd ask of players is some cooperation in terms of... plot candies? XD Also helping out others who might not be too sure how weapons and armour and spells etc work. I don't wanna get ahead of myself, so we'll see once we get there :D
O'course!

Nice one

• According to Plan
*dives in face first, leaving a furrow about 8 feet long*

D&D and Pathfinder are my bread and butter. I lay claim to interest!

• Sweet
8D

• Sweet
  • According to Plan
Reactions: Qwertronix
  • OMG
Current 5e DM here for a group doing weekly sessions. So I know DMing can be rough sometimes xD.

But I'd love to toss a character in. If not, always happy to toss ideas into a chipper, too... Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sweet
Current 5e DM here for a group doing weekly sessions. So I know DMing can be rough sometimes xD.

But I'd love to toss a character in. If not, always happy to toss ideas into a chipper, too... Haha
Nice! You're welcome to apply :3 I've been mostly discussing stuff in the discord server I linked in my last post, so if you're up to it you can definitely come hang out!

Oh Hello

*casts darkness on Pahn and Qwertronic*

Oh Hello

*casts darkness on Pahn and Qwertronic*
RAAAAAAGE

On an unrelated note, given the CRAZY AMOUNT of interest, I can say this is full o__o sorry to those who might've been lurking and waiting for an OOC thread. If that changes, I'll definitely post an update. CHEERS!