Dungeons Deep OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get that summary update today - hopefully, which will make it easier for catch ups.
But to help now, Bitterblue, your charrie had last spoke on page 2, post #28; when she attacked the crazy man about to slit his throat.

Now, quick summary to get you where we are now:

Pieter had ran off to learn the cause of the man's madness, running into the fight between the bandits and Vivian's guard.
Markus and Trae decided the group should follow him just in case he was running into trouble. They found several people dead, three mad men crying on the ground, and a woman being harassed by a bandit named...Name, who was now facing Pieter and his attempts to stop the fighting all together.

Markus and Pieter fought against Name, while Vivian tried her best to cause the spell placed on the three bandits to force them to turn against their friend. That was the best way she could defend her rescuers. As the three bandits were attacking Name, Pieter told Trae to get Vivian out of there.

Meanwhile, Axin entered a tavern in the next small town; a young pirate captain take a rest. Not paying attention to the atmosphere in the room - his mind took him somewhere else, leaving him lost in thoughts.

Soon, the rest of the group was able to escape the dangers of the road without the lost of anymore lives. They allowed Vivian to travel with them to the next small town. When they arrived, Markus had run into an acquaintance, so he stepped away to visit. Other charries had spread about, shopping, looking around the small town; but Trae, Pieter, and Vivian headed to the nearby tavern to rest a bit.

So, that's where we are now - in the tavern. Emma is considered either walking around the village (She would be with Collette), or she's in the tavern as well. When you decide where to place her, I'll edit my last post to reflect Emma's presence. If you want, Vivian just commented about the traveling. So, I'll just say she's talking to Emma so you can reenter smoothly. Let me know!

This seems interesting. I will join as a bugbear maid if there is going to be a drow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, excellent! Well, the group just reached the tavern. It's a perfect time to jump in.

I'm considering a GM move to keep this story alive, but I'm trying to give people a chance to post.

Alright, I've made a post.

I'll be sending people a post reminder, possibly next week. Reality Before Roleality, true, but I don't think anyone told me they'll be stepping away for a while. So, I can't honestly move their charries in a significant way. All I can do is maintain their presence in the story.

If you need me to actually make a post for your charrie if you're going to be absent, just let me know. I'll keep it general and maintain your charrie's personality. This way, we can still keep the story moving - slightly. I'll only do such with permission, and only for a scene.

If you can't return to the RP, then the charrie is mine forever as NPC!

Just a FYI.

Reactions: AAB
I know I don't NEED one, but I like writing char sheets... That's like, half the fun! xD So here goes...

0e7c66c3c2a49e8f231979f25213a5b71230524158_full.jpg

Name: Tamsin
Race: ???
Class: ??? (Telekinesis and Physical combat)

Bio:

Tamsin was raised in an old abandoned fortress, built long ago by some of the first human inhabitants. They lost it to nature, and the Fae of the forest, who now reside there. The fortress itself is dark stone, cut from beneath the soil in deep mines. With the stone, they raised temples, walls, and buildings... Most crumbled and fell with time, but a few still stood, either repaired by the Fae who lived within, or supported by foliage that grew all around.

castle_ruins_by_iidanmrak-d5o6ylv.jpg

Tamsin was born one winter, and the whole clan celebrated because she was the first Fae born to them in almost fifty years. The elders blessed her, during the festivities, and from then on much was expected of Tamsin. She was expected to learn fast, grow strong, and beautiful, and do her part in the community... But Tamsin didn't feel blessed.

She never grew tall. She didn't learn as fast as her mother would have liked, nor was she as strong as her father wished. She felt like a disappointment to the community, and to her parents.

One night, she woke to a shrill scream. The air was crisp, and Tamsin knew it wasn't far from dawn. She started to rise only to see her fathers form flash past the door, followed closely by her mother. As soon as they disappeared past the doorway, she saw a red orange glow and the screams grew louder.

Instead of running to help, Tamsin fled the fort and abandoned her family during the orc attack. After the screams died, Tamsin dared to venture back and witnessed the ruin of her family by the orcs gruesome trophies. She cried and waited until mid afternoon to creep into her old chambers and retrieve her spear, dagger, and clothing.

Tamsin left the fort, tears streaked on her dirty face. She wandered for days in the forest, using nothing but her "magic" to hunt with her spear. Hurling it at her targets, with magically enhanced accuracy and strength. She wandered, mostly looking for something to end her misery, and possibly something to cure it. She wasn't sure...

Tamsin crept through the forest, approaching what appeared to be a glen, or a field. She had smelled something from far off, stirring the hunger in her belly, forcing her to investigate. She approached the edge of the forest, and watched through the plush green of the leaves and bushes... She saw a town. Smoke billowing from the towering walls around it... Rooftops poking, slanted, from behind stone and wooden walls. She saw a few people working the fields... People without ears! At least, not ears like hers... She reached up and felt her furry animalistic ears, and then looked back at the animals in the field. They had ears, but they were on the sides of their heads, and they were fur less...

Tamsin watched for the longest time, until the sun was setting, and she watched the animals retreat back into the town, behind the walls. She watched as big doors closed, shutting the people inside, and her out... But Tamsin was hungry, and she wanted in... So she left the safety of the forest to investigate...

Reactions: Phi Chisym
Hey guys, my work load has died down and it's really cool to see that this is still going. I'm reading up all the stuff that's happened. I can re-take control of Markus, unless you had some specific plans for him with his Uncle.

Hey guys, my work load has died down and it's really cool to see that this is still going. I'm reading up all the stuff that's happened. I can re-take control of Markus, unless you had some specific plans for him with his Uncle.
His uncle was intended as a way to have him stay in the town and pass on leadership, but since you're back Phi has some plans she could share with you.

Hey, good to see ya back! When I get a chance, I'll send you what I've sent AAB...If I can find it. I don't think we've discussed a lot of things, but I'll slap up in a group conversation and we can chat about it later. I'm at work right now.

His uncle was intended as a way to have him stay in the town and pass on leadership, but since you're back Phi has some plans she could share with you.
Passing on leadership is fine by me, I feel like Markus wasn't very confident in his leadership and would've passed it on eventually even if I hadn't had to leave for awhile. Then again, maybe he would've become more confident as thing went on.

Shall I just hop back in now, or should I wait for the info you have Phi?

Oh, just hop in. I'm searching for the conversation that held the info I had. I'll get you tagged into it, so you can read at it.

Alright, I'm going to give some more time to those who have not posted in their new charrie, or responded recently. Then, I'm going to use my GM Intervention Creds and make a move so this story does not die.

If you are all still in this RP, just give me a shout here so I'll know who's around. All though who are just absent, whenever you return, hopefully I'll have an updated summary for you to catch up on. :)

I'm still here, though I just got back from a weekend trip. Shall I re-intorduce Markus soon-ish?

Yes, go ahead and bring him in.
Hopefully Havoc will get back soon and post, for we're sort of waiting on him. But, if he doesn't get a chance this week, I'll have something happen to move action along. His charrie will end up tagging along and we'll keep him with the group until his return. I just want to give him another week to post in.

Welp, finally got my post up. Hopefully I'll be able to post a little faster next time.

Maybe, these poor, desperate Miners can give our group the heads up about the best path to get to Fort Hendrei. They might learn something about the Fort, and the mine nearby that they happen to work at.

I think this will be the group's first chance to learn about why people are heading to that Fort, and the group of cutthroats who are determine to get there first to claim everything there.

If anyone has ideas for this, feel free to let us know. We can all brainstorm about them and keep this story going.

Status
Not open for further replies.