Dungeons and Dragons

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Asmodeus, Aug 10, 2009.

  1. Dungeons and Dragons:
    The Scorpion Rebellion​


    [​IMG]

    The Toku Dynasty has fallen, the Emperor passing away and ending a line of the most benevolent rulers that history has known. The continent of Paradox is now in chaos, the celestial order interrupted, the spiritis crying out.

    In the midst of this disorder, a great sorceror known as "Jiao the Scorpion" has made a grab for power. From his lair in the Fallen Phoenix Mountains, he has stirred up rebellion amongst the people, convincing them that he and his two brothers are holy men. While preaching peace, they have torn the continent apart, sowing fear and destruction in every corner of the land.

    An honorable noble by the name of Shao has now brought together an alliance of regional lords and their private armies. Only with the defeat of the Scorpion can the celestial order be mended and Paradox restored to peace.

    And within this army, a group of specialists will rise to the call - a band of men and women who are prepared to do things beyond the courage of normal soldiers...



    THE NOBLES
    Show Spoiler
    Shao: Honourable and proud, the noble named Shao truly lives up to the title 'The Noble-Blooded'. A close friend of the late Emperor Toku, he is completely ready to fight and restore the natural order.

    Cao: Known by many to be 'The Hero of Chaos', this intense man seems to thrive during chaotic times. Many of the other lords are disturbed by his hunger for power, but his skill is not to be ignored - he is also the wielder of a very powerful weapon... the continent's only known vorpal sword.

    Guan-Liu: A hero of the people, the paladin Liu fights only with nonlethal methods against the peasants, and has gotten much respect from the non-nobles involved, often inspiring rebels to switch sides and join with Liu. He is known as the 'Rising Dragon'.

    Jian Sun: The 'Tiger of Jian', he is known as a hunter. He and his gigantic clan of sons and daughters fight with the fury of tigers, and many whisper that they are, in fact, loosely related to weretigers or anthropomorphic tigers. The family has done nothing to quell these rumors.

    LOCATIONS
    Show Spoiler
    The Capital City: Famous for a grand flying palace of jade, it is also known as 'the land of wealth'. Arcane magic does not work within the city, to better shield the populace. The temples of the Celestial Order are found throughout the city, and divine magic-users are highly regarded.

    Fallen Pheonix Mountains: The volcanic mountain known as a hive for bandits, and as the sorcerer Jiao's main stronghold. It is named after the legendary pheonix who rebelled against Ra and was killed there, making the mountain burst into flame.

    Shipwreak Plains: An anomaly, this below-sea-level grassy plain was once a part of the sea, though it was drained of water a few years ago. There are a great many monoliths of wood and metal believed to be ships. Water has carved tunnels deep below the 'ships', and who knows what may be down there...?

    Screaming Forest: A forest of twisted trees and furious winds. The forest is a favorite place for adventurers, as the area seems to have various objects swept in on the winds from other parts of the world. Unfortunately, various creatures seem to have been carried here as well.

    FOREIGN CONCEPTS
    Show Spoiler
    Foreginers ("Gaijin") are not well liked in Paradox. Before you are a list of concepts that have come over from other continents, and are thus... disliked.

    Paladins: While individuals have claimed the love of the people, a paladin by itself is disliked - a peasant holy warrior makes many of the samurai caste furious.

    Straight-Edge Weapons: Longswords, rapiers, and other foreign weapons, while now widespread, gain the ire of certain traditionalist parties.

    Foreign Coinage: The 'gold piece', 'silver piece' and 'copper piece' of the other continents has no worth. In Paradox, various jade pieces of different sizes do the same thing (though for ease, we'll still call them the same).

    Bards: A wandering minstrel is a strange concept to the people of Paradox, who would prefer to attach themselves to a lord to ensure an actual livelihood.

    "Good/Evil": These concepts are strange, though ring true to the people of Paradox. To them, 'Good' people hold dear the Celestial Order and do what is required of their station with dignity and skill. 'Evil' people ignore the Celestial Order and cause strife, abuse their station, and ignore duties.

    PANTHEON
    Show Spoiler
    The villains worship the Discordants, the Shadowlands worship the warlike Norse pantheons, while the Paradoxians worship the dutiful Egyptian pantheon.

    The Discordant pantheon are as follows: Serpent King Orochi (who leads the Yuan-Ti), Spider Queen Lolth (with the Drow and Drider), Tenebrous (with a great deal of villainous shadows), the goddess of decay and fugus Zuggtmov (who has tons of mycoids), the primeval beast Pangaea (who leads anthrpomorphic beasts) and the deceptive Traveller (leader of dopplegangers.

    The Discordants don't really work towards anything at all. They don't even have an alignment, though they sometimes seem like they do. Most of the time, the Discordants don't even work together. While the Pantheons embody human concepts - and are, in a way, supernaturally powerful "humans" in their actions... after all, they make mistakes, they feel emotions, etc... the Discordants are completely alien... vermin, "living" shadow, savage beastmen, the unknown fear, even the fear of the "evil" spiders and snakes. The Discordants apply to everything "wrong"... and want to spread this, not even for their own benefit. Even the cruel and warlike Shadowlands monsters want to conquer, or feed... while the Discordants are alien in action and motive - while they seem to have a motive at time, sometimes even self-preservation eludes their thought process.
     
  2. Name: Darius Castablane

    Race/Class/Level: Human Paladin, 2
    <table width=100% border=0><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>A rural marshall from the Toku Dynasty, who policed a number of farming settlements. On the eve of the Emperor's death he was attacked by agents of the Shadow Rebellion and left for dead. He recovered in a local monastery, learning that many of the farmers he had protected had been raped and executed. Over time he learned to put away his venegful thoughts and serve a higher calling. He was one of the first to volunteer for service with the Loyalists.</td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>STR: 13</td><td>FORT: +7 [+3 Base, +1 Con, +3 DG]</td></tr><tr><td>DEX: 8</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>CON: 12</td><td>REF: +2 [0 Base, -1 Dex, +3 DG]</td></tr><tr><td>INT: 12</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>WIS: 12</td><td>WILL: +4 [0 Base, +1 Wis, +3 DG]</td></tr><tr><td>CHA: 17</td><td></td></tr>
    <tr><td>----------------------------------------------</td<td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr><td>ATTACK: +3 [+2 Base, +1 Str]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Falchion [Damage 2D4+1, 18-20]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Warhammer [Damage D8+1, x3]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Gauntlet [Damage D3+1]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Shield bash [Damage D3+1]</td><td></td></tr>
    <tr><td>----------------------------------------------</td<td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr><td>AC: 15 [-1 Dex, +4 Arm, +2 Shield<td></td></tr><tr><td>----------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr><td>Balance -7</td><td>[-1 Dex, -6 ACP]</td></tr><tr><td>Bluff +3</td><td>[+3 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Climb -5</td><td>[+1 Str, -6 ACP]</td></tr><tr><td>Craft (mannacles/locks) +1</td><td>[+1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Concentration +1</td><td>[+1 Con]</td></tr><tr><td>Diplomacy +10</td><td>[5 ranks, +3 Cha, +2 Neg]</td></tr><tr><td>Gather Information +5</td><td>[2 ranks +3 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Handle Animal +3</td><td>[+3 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Heal +2</td><td>[1 ranks, +1 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Hide -1</td><td>[-1 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>Intimidate +3</td><td>[+3 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Jump -5</td><td>[+1 Str, -6 ACP]</td></tr><tr><td>Knowledge (nob/roy) +4</td><td>[3 ranks, +1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Knowledge (relig) +4</td><td>[3 ranks, +1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Listen +1</td><td>[+1 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Move Silently -7</td><td>[-1 Dex, -6 ACP]</td></tr><tr><td>Profession (Constable) +2</td><td>[1 rank, +1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Ride 0</td><td>[1 rank, -1 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>Search +1</td><td>[+1 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Sense Motive +7</td><td>[4 ranks, +1 Wis, +2 Neg]</td></tr><tr><td>Spot +1</td><td>[+1 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Swim -11</td><td>[+1 Str, -12 ACP]</td></tr><tr><td>Use Rope -1</td><td>[-1 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>----------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr<td>Equipment:
    Scale Mail
    Falchion
    Heavy Steel Shield
    Warhammer
    Backpack
    Bedroll & blanket
    Scroll case
    Chalk x10
    Flint & Steel
    Ink pen and vial
    Common lantern
    Mannacles
    Parchment x5
    Trail rations x6
    Sack
    Torch
    Whetstone
    Waterskin
    Flask of Holy Water
    Holy Symbol (silver)
    1sp</td><td>Special / Feats
    Detect Evil
    Aura of Good
    Smite Evil
    Divine Grace
    Lay on Hands
    Negotiator
    Imp. Shield Bash


    Encumberance: 90lbs (Medium)

    Languages: Common, Elven.


    HITPOINTS: 22

    EXPERIENCE: 1472
    </td></tr></table>
     
  3. Real Life Husband Goals:
    [​IMG]
     
  4. Start the reposting from your most recent post in the IC. So like your last post in the IC needs to be reposted in the Clan IC
     
  5. In order to show my dedication towards the highly nerdy cause of throwing dice around, I have decided to trash my old character submit a new character sheet because my old character was stupid got lost.

    Name: Karwik Blythe
    Class: Rogue 3
    Race: Human
    Alignment: True Neutral

    STATS:

    STR: 11 (+0)
    DEX: 14 (+2)
    CON: 11 (+0)
    INT: 12 (+1)
    WIS: 12 (+1)
    CHA: 16 (+3)

    HP: 16

    AC: 15 [10 (base)+3 (studded leather)+2 (dexterity)

    FORT: 1
    REFL: 6
    WILL: 2

    Attack (weapon): +2
    Attack (unarmed): +2
    Attack (ranged): +4

    Languages: Common, Elven

    Sap (1d6, x2, Bludgeoning, Nonlethal, Martial, 1 GP, 2 lbs)
    Short Sword (1d6, 19-20/x2, Piercing, Martial, 10 GP, 2 lbs)
    Light Crossbow (1d8, 19-20/x2, Piercing, Simple, 80 ft 35 GP, 4 lbs)

    Studded Leather Armor (+3 AC, +5 Max DEX, -1 Check Penalty, 25 GP, 20 lbs)

    FEATS:

    Stealthy (+2 to Hide and Move Silently)
    Nimble Fingers (+2 to Disable Device and Open Lock)
    Combat Reflexes (Extra Attacks of Opportunity a round, Determined by DEX bonus.)

    SKILLS:

    Appraise: 4 (1 (INT)+3 ranks)
    Balance: 5 (2 (DEX)+3 ranks)
    Bluff: 6 (3 (CHA)+3 ranks)
    Decipher Script: 4 (1 (INT)+3 ranks)
    Disable Device: 7 (1 (INT)+2 (Nimble Fingers)+4 ranks)
    Disguise: 6 (3 (CHA)+3 ranks)
    Escape Artist: 6 (2 (DEX)+4 ranks)
    Forgery: 4 (1 (INT)+3 ranks)
    Gather Information: 6 (3 (CHA)+3 ranks)
    Hide: 8 (2 (DEX)+2 (Stealthy)+4 ranks)
    Knowledge (local): 2 (1 (INT)+1 rank)
    Listen: 5 (1 (WIS)+4 ranks)
    Move Silently: 10 (2 (DEX)+2 (Stealthy)+6 ranks)
    Open Lock: 10 (2 (DEX)+2 (Nimble Fingers)+6 ranks)
    Spot: 6 (1 (WIS)+5 ranks)
    Tumble: 6 (2 (DEX)+4 ranks)

    SPECIAL ABILITIES:

    Sneak Attack (2d6)
    Trapfinding
    Evasion
    Trap Sense (+1 to Reflex and AC against Traps)

    EQUIPMENT:

    Traveler's Outfit (1 GP, 5 lbs)
    Thieves' Tools (30 GP, 1 lb)
    Crossbow Bolts x30 (3 GP)
    Backpack (2 GP, 2 lbs)
    Bedroll (1 SP, 5 lbs)
    Crowbar (2 GP, 5 lbs)
    Flint and Steel (1 GP)
    Hooded Lantern (7 GP, 2 lbs)
    Lantern Oil x2 (2 SP, 2 lbs)
    Belt Pouch x2 (2 GP, 1 lb)
    Trail Rations x4 (25 SP, 4 lbs)
    Waterskin x2 (2 GP, 8 lbs)

    Remaining Money: 1 GP, 2 SP
    Total Weight: 64 lbs (medium load)

    Background:
    Karwik is a thief who steals things for his own survival. Born to an impoverished city family, he spent most of his young life forced to do whatever it took to help his parents keep food on the table. However, his parents, despite their desperation, were nonetheless good people, and never stole or robbed to make ends meet. Karwik, young and unable to understand why there were people in extravagant dress while he personally was starving, saw it a different way and, behind his parents' back, engaged in pickpocketing and the occasional break-in.

    That's when the rebellion started. His parents, unwilling to side with the peasants, were instead killed in the first outbreaks that occurred all throughout the nation. Karwik, angry and wanting to avenge his parents' deaths, decided to side with the loyalists, not out of any idealogical beliefs, but just simply from a desire to see his parents' murderers pay. He will follow orders given to him, but if allowed to go on his own, he will mostly just look out for himself.


    EXP: 3352
     
  6. DECEASED


    Name: Ando Reyer

    Race/Class/Level: Human, Fighter, Level 2
    Alignment: Chaotic Good​
    [align=right]
    • [*]FORT: +3
      [*]REF: +1
      [*]WILL: +0
    [/align]
    • STR: 15
    • DEX: 12
    • CON: 15
    • INT: 11
    • WIS: 11
    • CHA: 12

    Hit Points: 22

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Attack: +4 (Base +2 Str +2)
    Longsword (1d8 19-20/x2)
    Dagger (1d4 19-20/x2)

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Armour Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +4 Armour, +2 Shield)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Equipment:
    • [*]Longsword
      [*]Dagger
      [*]Shortbow
      [*]Scale Mail
      [*]Heavy Wooden Shield
      [*]Backpack
      [*]Bedroll
      [*]Explorer's Outfit
      [*]Cold Weather Outfit
      [*]x3 Sunrods
      [*]x7 Trail Rations
      [*]Crowbar
      [*]x100 Arrows
      [*]14 gold pieces, 63 silver pieces, 97 copper pieces
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • [*]Climb: 4 Ranks
      [*]Jump: 4 Ranks
      [*]Ride: 4 Ranks
      [*]Swim: 4 Ranks
      [*]Intimidate: 4 Ranks
      [*]Listen (cc): 2 Ranks
      [*]Search (cc): 2 Ranks
      [*]Spot (cc): 2 Ranks


    Feats
    • Weapon Focus: Longsword
    • Power Attack
    • Blind Fight
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Experiance: 1000

    Languages: Common, Elven

    Backstory: Whilst born in Paradox, Ando Reyer is still seen as 'Gaijin' by many people who also call the continent home. His father a foreign mercenary and a farm girl, he is in some ways seen as something worse than a Gaijin, as he is neither local nor foreign.

    From an early age, Ando was forced to learn to defend himself from other children his age, who would often pick fights or ambush him in the streets of his town. Before he died, his father also trained him in the use of the longsword, which angered the locals further.

    Leaving home at the death of his father, Ando worked as a mercenary for several years, hired by various towns and villages to help defend from attacks from wild animals and bandits. After helping to drive off a bandit mob from one village, Ando was spotted by one of Lord Cao's lieutenants, and recruited into the Hero of Chaos' private armies.

    During the rebellion, Ando fought to defend Lord Cao's people from attacks from rebel armies, yet despite his efforts many of the civilians around him were murdered. Whilst he was little love for many of the people of Paradox, he has come to despise the rebels for their actions.
     
  7. Hello there I am Hex also known as Hyper Hex and I look forward to this clan
     
  8. Name:Ayumi Mitsurugi
    Age:19
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Class: Cleric 2
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Deity: Ra

    Stats
    STR 10 (+0)
    DEX 10 (+0)
    CON 12 (+1)
    INT 10 (+0)
    WIS 16 (+3)
    CHA 16 (+3)

    Feats
    Sacred Healing
    Sacred Purification

    Equipment (200 gold, 45 pounds, so she counts as wearing medium armor.)
    Cleric's Vestments (pictured, 5GP)
    Silver ankh (25, 1)
    Chain Shirt (100, 25)
    Healer's Kit (50,1)
    Heavy wooden Shield (7, 10)
    Morningstar (8, 6)
    Spell Component pouch (5, 2)
    Combat info
    HP=10/18
    AC=10+4+2=1612
    Fort=+4
    Reflex=+0
    Will=+6
    Attack Roll=1d20+1

    Turn undead
    6 Attempts
    1 Greater attempt
    (+2 bonus from skill ranks)

    Spells per Day (Sun and Healing domain)
    0-4
    1-3+1

    Spells used
    0-0
    1-2

    Usually Prepared Spells
    0-lightx2, detect magic, purify food and drink.
    1-Light of Luniax2, Shield of Faith. cure light wounds(domain)

    Skills
    Knowledge: Religion=5
    Heal:5
    Concentrate:4

    Background:
    Ayumi was raised in a temple from a very young age. Her parents couldn't offer her that great of a life, so they left her to be raised as a preistess. And all in all, it's worked out pretty well. Unlike many random kids left on the doorstep of churches, she picked up the religious texts well, and was blessed with the ability to call upon her god's power.

    She's around a middle rank in her temple; while she is capable of casting, her primary role is to help with the day-to-day operation of the temple, and looking over texts in her spare time. Or it would be, if Cao wasn't doing his thing.

    She volunteered to help out Shao's effort, and was gladly accepted. For her, the most important thing is not getting the scorpion rebellion to stop their conquest, but rather getting them to stop violently taking over the continent.
    EXPLANATION OF NON-CORE MATERIAL
    Sacred healing (requires turn undead ability)
    "As a swift action, you can spend a turn undead attempt to augment your ability to tend to the wounds of others. You gain a +5 bonus on heal checks and a +2 bonus per die on the damage healed by any healing spells you cast. This benefit lasts until the end of your current turn."

    Sacred Purification (requires turn undead and Sacred Healing feat)
    "As a swift action, you can expend a turn undead attempt to create a pulse of divine energy. All living creatures within 60ft of you heal an amount of damage equal to 1d8+your charisma modifier (+3). All undead creatures in this area take damage equal to 1d8+your charisma modifier."

    Light of Lunia


    EXP: 1450
     
  9. DECEASED

    Name: Liu Tong, "Bladed Thesis"
    Age: 21
    Appearance: (No Picture, Description Pending)
    Class: Wizard/Fighter (1/1)
    Alignment: Lawful Good

    HP: 18
    Fort: +4 | 2 | 2
    Ref: +4 | 0 | 2 | 2
    Will: +3 | 2 | 1
    AC: 12 (10 + 2 Dex)

    Str: 10 | +0
    Dex: 14 | +2
    Con: 14 | +2
    Int: 16 | +3
    Wis: 12 |+1
    Cha: 10 | +0

    Class Features:
    Fighter Bonus Feats: Weapon Focus (Rapier)
    Familiar: Weasel ("Onu")
    Scribe Scroll
    Specialty: Transmutation
    Barred: Enchantment, Illusion

    Feats:
    Dodge, Weapon Finesse

    Skill Ranks:
    Concentration: 4
    Craft (Swordsmith): 2
    Knowledge (Arcana): 2
    Knowledge (Nature): 2
    Knowledge (Religion): 2
    Knowledge (History): 2
    Knowledge (Nobility): 2
    Spellcraft: 2
    Climb: 2
    Jump: 2
    Swim: 2
    Survival: 2 (Cross-Class)

    Spellbook: (Prepared Spells marked with *), Spells Per Day: 4/1 (+1 Int bonus, +1 Transmutation spell)
    Cantrips: Resistance, Acid Splash*, Dancing Lights, Flare, Light, Ray of Frost, Disrupt Undead, Touch of Fatigue, Mage Hand*, Mending, Message*, Open/Close*, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation.
    1st: Mage Armor, Shield*, Magic Weapon, Mount, Jump*, Expeditious Retreat, Identify, True Strike*.

    Equipment: (28 gold leftover)
    Rapier (20 gold): +4 to hit, 1d6 damage, 18-20/x2 critical, 2 lbs, Piercing Damage.
    Scholar's Outfit (5 gold)
    Backpack (2 gold)
    Cure Light Wounds Potion (50 gold)
    Wizard's Spellbook (15gp)

    Background:
    Tong found studying boring. His tutors would try and shove the most useless material into his head... which flowers symbolize what (instead of what the herbs do), how to act to this person or that person... Tong didn't know what he wanted to do at the time... daydreaming out the window as he looked upon the warriors training on his uncle's estate. His uncle, Liu Sun, was one of the regional lords, which made him... some sort of royalty - as the fourth son of the brother to the actual lord, his status didn't really matter. That he was being taught all of this junk was just formality.

    His disintrest in the material was noted, and, in an attempt to try and dissuade the young boy from the rigorous training of the warriors, his tutors asked to have Tong train with them...

    Tong failed miserably at every task asked of him. Rather than resign himself to fate, however... those on the field that day would mention a fire could be seen... and felt... in the boy's eyes.

    Rather than begin training in strength, the boy trained in skill - he improved upon his quickness, he got in fights with servant boys, learning to take blows and return them just as well... and, to his servant's shock, he studied. Though it was not the studying they thought it was. Tong had stolen a book on magic from his uncle's advisor. Ignoring the "unreal" spells connected to illusion or enchantment, he went right for what he considered the "meat"... transmutation... abjuration... conjuration.

    When he returned to the field, choosing a rapier instead of the longsword that most warriors favored... he awed those present with his skill. When asked, the child admitted that he had felt he dishonored his family with his previous display, and told those gathered what he had done, head held high.

    He was punished, though the warrior-trainer, the uncle, and the advisor (though miffed his book was stolen) were impressed enough to let him continue with his training. At the age of eighteen, the young adult asked to be allowed to wander the land to improve on his skill.

    Tong's uncle agreed, and he had wandered - learning and improving upon his skills... aiding those that required help, asking for little more than food in return. His deeds and unique style earned him the title 'Bladed Thesis' at the age of twenty, and a year later he joined with the allied lords against the Scorpion Rebellion, eager to improve his skill and bring honor to the Liu family.


    EXP: 2220
     
  10. MISSING

    Name: Jillian Tealeaf

    Race/Class/Level: Halfling Druid, 2
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    <table width=100% border=0><tr><td>[​IMG]</td><td>Previously lived in a forest cottage near a small village on the outskirts of the Toku Dynasty's territory. When the Scorpion began to spread unrest through the land, a small rebellion erupted in her area; the battle started a fire that destroyed her forest and nearly killed her as well. Jillian now travels to seek revenge on Jiao, and destroy what she sees as an unnatural criminal against nature itself. 40 years old. 2'9" tall. Weighs 28 lbs.</td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td></tr><tr><td>STR: 10</td><td>FORT: +4 [+3 Base, +0 Con, +1 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>DEX: 14</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>CON: 10</td><td>REF: +3 [0 Base, +2 Dex, +1 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>INT: 14</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>WIS: 16</td><td>WILL: +7 [+3 Base, +3 Wis, +1 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>CHA: 12</td><td></td></tr>
    <tr><td>--------------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr>
    <tr><td>ATTACK (Melee): +2 [+1 Base, +0 Str +1 racial]</td><td><tr><td>ATTACK (Ranged): +3 [+1 Base, +0 Str +2 racial]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Morningstar [Damage 1d6, x2]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Scimitar [Damage 1d4, 18-20/x2]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Sling [Damage 1d3, x2]</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>Shield Bash [Damage 1d2, x2]</td><td></td></tr>
    <tr><td>--------------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr><td>AC: 16 [+2 Dex, +1 racial, +2 Armour, +1 Shield]<td></td></tr><tr><td>--------------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr><td>Balance +2</td><td>[+2 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>Bluff +1</td><td>[+1 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Climb +2</td><td>[+0 Str, +2 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>Concentration 2</td><td>[2 Ranks, +0 Con]</td></tr><tr><td>Craft () +2</td><td>[+2 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Diplomacy +1</td><td>[+1 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Gather Information +1</td><td>[+1 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Handle Animal +6</td><td>[5 Ranks, +1 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Heal +8</td><td>[5 Ranks, +3 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Hide +6</td><td>[+2 Dex, +4 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>Intimidate +1</td><td>[+1 Cha]</td></tr><tr><td>Jump +3</td><td>[1 Rank, +0 Str, +2 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>Knowledge (nature) +8</td><td>[5 Ranks, +1 Int, +2 Nature Sense]</td></tr><tr><td>Listen +5</td><td>[+3 Wis, +2 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>Move Silently +4</td><td>[+2 Dex, +2 racial]</td></tr><tr><td>Profession (Herbalist) +2</td><td>[1 Rank, +1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Ride +3</td><td>[1 Rank, +2 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>Search +3</td><td>[+3 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Sense Motive +3</td><td>[+3 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Spellcraft +1</td><td>[+1 Int]</td></tr><tr><td>Spot +3</td><td>[+3 Wis]</td></tr><tr><td>Survival +6</td><td>[1 Rank, +3 Wis, +2 Nature Sense]</td></tr><tr><td>Swim +1</td><td>[1 Rank, +0 Str]</td></tr><tr><td>Tumble +3</td><td>[1 Rank, +2 Dex]<tr><td>Use Rope +2</td><td>[+2 Dex]</td></tr><tr><td>--------------------------------------------------</td><td>----------------------------------------</td></tr><tr<td>Equipment:
    Leather armour
    Light wooden shield
    Morningstar
    Scimitar
    Sling
    Sling bullets (x10)
    Explorer's Outfit
    Backpack
    Waterskin
    Trail rations (five days' supply)
    Bedroll
    Sack
    Flint and steel
    Pouch
    Holly and mistletoe
    Torch (x3)
    16gp, 2sp, 7cp</td><td>Special / Feats
    Wild Empathy
    Woodland Stride
    Nature Sense
    Spell Focus (Conjuration)
    Animal Companion (Badger, Tricks: Attack)
    +2 save vs fear
    SPELLS: 5x Lvl 0, 3x Lvl 1


    Cure Minor Wounds, Know Direction, Flare, Guidance, and Resistance
    Cure Light Wounds, Magic Fang, Sumon Nature's Ally I.

    Encumberance: 47.5 lbs (Medium Load)

    Languages: Common, Halfling, Druidic.


    HITPOINTS: 16

    EXPERIENCE: 2220
    </td></tr></table>




    Badger: Coda.
    Hitpoints: 10
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 30 feet (6 squares), burrow ten feet.
    Armour Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-5
    Attack: Claw +4 melee (1d2-1)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +4 melee (1d2-1) and bite -1 melee (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
    Special Attacks: Rage
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills: Escape Artist +7, Listen +3, Spot +3
    Feats: Track, Weapon Finesse

    3 ft long, weighs 35 pounds.
     
  11. Name: Sales Goodspeed

    Race/Class/Level: Elven, Fighter/Cleric, NG, 3 [1/2]


    <TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD>Coming from a powerful elven land, Sales has been surrounded by the high opinion of the elven race, believing themselves wiser and smarter than the other 'races'. Sales is always off doing things on a whim, only focusing on the here and now, except when the healing of people and animals is involved. With getting an understanding of the other races while travelling, Sales has lost a lot of his elven 'arrogance', but not all of it. He often gets into trouble with anyone who openly disrespects the elven race. Sales will always help the good innocent people of the world, but his arrogance can still get in the way when he doesn't believe the person deserves his help. It certainly wouldn't be the first time he has walked away from an 'undeserving' person in need. With the troubles that are happening with the Scorpion armies, Sales has chosen to help the noble 'Shao' and has offered his services as a healer. Shao has asked Sales to join the group on the boat, to assist them on their journey to and from the Genjobi Pass.</TD></TR><TR><TD>STR: 8</TD><TD>FORT: +5 [+2/+3 Base, +0 Con]</TD></TR><TR><TD>DEX: 14</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>CON: 10</TD><TD>REF: +2 [0 Base, +2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>INT: 13</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>WIS: 17</TD><TD>WILL: +6 [+3 Base, +3 Wis]</TD></TR><TR><TD>CHA: 12</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>----------------------------------------------</TD><TD>----------------------------------------</TD></TR><TR><TD>ATTACK (Melee): +1 [+2 Base, -1 Str]
    ATTACK (Ranged): +4 [+2 Base, +2 Dex]
    Longsword [Damage D8-1, 19-20/x2]
    Dagger [Damage D4-1, 19-20/x2]
    Unarmed [Damage D3-1]
    </TD><TD>SpellsLevel 0: Resistance x2, Light x2, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink
    Level 1: Bless, Endure Elements, Summon Monster, Obscure Mist, Divine FavorDomain: Protection: Sanctuary,
    Shield Other
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>----------------------------------------------</TD><TD>----------------------------------------</TD></TR><TR><TD>----------------------------------------------</TD><TD>----------------------------------------</TD></TR><TR><TD>AC: 14 [+2 Dex, +2 Arm]<TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>----------------------------------------------</TD><TD>----------------------------------------</TD></TR><TR><TD>Balance +2</TD><TD>[+2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluff +1</TD><TD>[+1 Cha]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Climb +0</TD><TD>[1Rank,-1 Str]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Craft +2
    Concentration +3
    </TD><TD>[+2 Int]
    [3 Ranks]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>Diplomacy +3</TD><TD>[2 ranks, +1 Cha]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Gather Information +1</TD><TD>[+1 Cha]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Handle Animal +1</TD><TD>[+1 Cha]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Heal +6</TD><TD>[3 ranks, +3 Wis]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Hide +2</TD><TD>[+2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Intimidate +1</TD><TD>[+1 Cha]</TD><TR><TD>Jump +0</TD><TD>[1 rank, -1 Str]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Knowledge (relig) +3</TD><TD>[2 ranks, +1 Int]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Listen +7</TD><TD>[+3 Wis, +2 racial, +2 Alert]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Move Silently +2</TD><TD>[+2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Profession (Sailor) +5</TD><TD>[2 ranks, +3 Wis]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ride +2</TD><TD>[+2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Search +3</TD><TD>[+1 Int, +2 racial]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sense Motive +3</TD><TD>[+3 Wis]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Spellcraft +4</TD><TD>[3 ranks, +1 Int]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Spot +7</TD><TD>[+3 Wis, +2 racial, +2 Alert]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Survival +3</TD><TD>[+3 Wis]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Swim +0</TD><TD>[1Rank, -1 Str]</TD></TR><TR><TD>Use Rope +2</TD><TD>[+2 Dex]</TD></TR><TR><TD>----------------------------------------------</TD><TD>----------------------------------------</TD></TR><TR><TD>Equipment:
    Leather Armour 10gp 15 lb
    Long Sword 15gp 4 lb
    Dagger x 3 8gp 3 lb
    Backpack 2gp 2 lb
    Cold Weather Outfit 8gp 7 lb
    Bedroll 1sp 5 lb
    Healers Kit (10 uses) 50gp 1 lb
    Flint & Steel 1gp
    Signal Whistle 8sp
    Common Lantern 1sp 1 lb
    1 pint Oil x 2 2sp 2 lb
    Mirror, Small Steel 10gp .5 lb
    Sack 1sp .5 lb
    Pouch 1gp .5 lb
    Whetstone 2cp 1 lb
    Waterskin 1gp 4 lb
    Holy Symbol (silver) 25gp 1 lb
    Soap 5sp 1 lb
    Fish hook x 4 4sp
    Tindertwig x 5 5gp
    Smokestick 20gp .5 lb16gp, 1sp, 8cp

    </TD><TD>Special / Feats
    Aura of Good
    Turn Undead (4 times a day)
    Alertness
    Automatic search check when within 5 feet
    Martial Weapon Proficiency (Long Sword)
    Weapon and Armour Proficiency
    Combat Reflexes (2 extra AoO)
    Immune to Magic Sleep Effects
    +2 Saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or affects
    Can exchange any spell for Cure spell of same level or lower


    Encumberance: 49lbs (Medium)


    Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic.
    HITPOINTS: 26
    EXPERIENCE: 3062
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
     
  12. Yeah, Huge Rez or something like that.
     
  13. Is it just me or that thing doesn't really look like a lizard?
     
  14. Jack, where did you find that race? Cause I highly doubt that anything with +5 natural armor has no LA.
     
  15. Lizard folk, and it does have +1 LA. So he'd be a level one barbarian.
     
  16. I hope he's okay.

    Well, update is written but my computer has been possessed by the spirit of corruption, so I'm seeing what's up with that before anything else.
     
  17. Alkura

    Alkura was undecided. Admittedly, while she was hardened to the sight of her own blood, the last thing she really wanted to do was to engage in any kind of fighting. The last few times they were forced to defend themselves, dropped into an unfamiliar situation and attacked randomly, they really had no choice but to do so. However what this man was proposing was that they go on the attack. He wanted to willing charge into a battle with an army behind him to fight the E.I.. What did that mean for the world? What did it mean for her? And worst of all, what about those clones that would undoubtedly be forced to fight? They weren't immortal by any means. Besides that, there was the logistics of the whole situation. While everyone else was worried about whether or not they should feel obligated to fight in such a war against a group like the E.I.(A group whose takeover was most definitely facilitated by all of their assistance in North Korea, to speak of moral obligation), Alkura was more worried about whether or not they could support such a war. Did they have weapons manufacturies? Were they able to produce armor for their troops? Were their any warriors amongst the people who were here, or would they need to be trtained? The E.I.'s sole occupation since it's creation had been preparing for this point in time, so if this group thought they could be upstaged by just anyone they were dead wrong, and probably also going to die. There was the matter of whether or not these people had the resolve to fight such a war as well. Were they willing to charge headfirst into battle even though hundreds of their comrades might and would die around them? Could they live through their closest friends dying in battle?

    This war would not be a pretty one. They were up against a very powerful organization that had the military support of almost every world military superpower on their side, and those that hadn't joined yet would soon do so. War with them would be a bloodbath, and with them being so few in number, not a single mistake in command could be made.

    Alkura continued to be conflicted, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

    Alan

    Alan watched the girl closely. Alkura was her name if his memory of the dossier served, the daughter of his good friend and ally Lucien. She was important to Lucien, and since he was an ally, the last thing Alan wanted to do was put her in danger and risk losing Lucien as an asset to the resistance. No, the girl would have no choice, she had to stay here, for her own protection and that of the resistance. Were Lucien to be found out, if the girl were recaptured by the E.I. then the group would most certainly use her as a hostage to force Lucien to surrender. It was something he could not allow.

    "Alkura, I am sorry, but you will not be joining this fight. If you were to be captured, and if your father found out, which he is one of our deep cover assets, he might be obligated to surrender to the E.I.. You must stay here, where you will be out of harms way."

    Alan looked across the table at the other members of the E.I. that were at the table. The rebels all had said they would join, which was great, however before they could be committed to any battle with the enemy, they would need more training. The E.I. had given them plenty in the form of combat training, and they had shaped their powers to suit the needs that they had, however, it was time to shape that power even further, and all of them needed to learn how to use a martial weapon, thought a few were ahead of the game in that regard.

    "Excellent my friends, I thank you all for joining us. This war will not be a brief conflict, and I ask that you harden your hearts for the times ahead. We all will face much hardship in the times to come."

    Making a quick motion to Deanta, who stood quietly and stepped back from the table (He had finished his meals ages ago). Following Deanta, the rest of the cloaked group stood as well, and they stood to the side of the table.

    "You all are from a modern society, where there is no magic, and where science had not taken such amazing turns as that of the E.I.. To sum it all up, you may feel that all of this has jumped straight from the pages of a book, or out of the screen of a television, however there is a quick explanation for that. Simply put, the human race is the reason why magic died out. During the past five hundred years, the human race has aggressively hunted and slain every mage they could get their hands on, forcing those who survived to hide and forget about the teachings of magic. The same is said for your bloodlines as well. At one time, all of you had an ancestor who was a powerful mage, but was forced to go into hiding and stop teaching their children magic due to the sheer amount of humans hunting them. And that is of course to simply speak of just magic. Magic isn't the only fantasy to be real. Things such as elves, dwarves, dragons, and orcs to speak of a few things. Dwarves have integrated more into society now a days, as they simply have to shave their beards and they can hide in modern society, you may of course see them as simply genetically stunted human beings.

    Does it all seem absurd? Absolutely. But that is because the human race has hunted anything magical for hundreds of years. Once long ago, the human race was not the only intelligent race on earth, however, they hunted them so much that they were all forced to hide, just as mages were. They hide in underground societies all over the world to avoid humans. Elves live in the deepest parts of the South American jungles. Dwarves continue their history of digging in the mountains of the Himmalayas, dragons, intelligent creature as they are, have learned to disguise themselves as large hills, and many humans simply pass them by without a second glance. The orcs hide in the deserts of the world, using turbans to disguise themselves as nomads. Human beings have done their best to forget it though. The leaders of those who lead the wars against these races felt guilty. The massacre of thousands of innocents were left in heir hands, and so they chose to forget so that later generations would not have to deal with that guilt. They immortalized them in books in stories as myths, but make no mistake, they were and are very real.

    You may think it absurd, but this is the world you live in now. A world where magic and magical creatures are not uncommon, and where super powerful organizations secretly guide the human race towards whatever goal they desire. Make no mistake, by the end of this war, the idea that magic is something of fantasy, of the world of fiction, will be shattered. This war may be between humans, but we must use all assets at our disposal to allow the world to be free. Any and every resource that we may tap into we must.

    And do not make any mistake, we have no intentions of taking over after. The E.I. may have the goal to take over the world and master the human race, however that is not our goal. We are simply aiming to stop the E.I. and disband the organization. The human race must govern itself, and our organization are simply their to protect it if they stumble and fall."


    Alan frowned for a moment. This must have been quite a shock, learning that magic was real and along with it so are many myths that exist about creatures in the ancient world.

    "I must urge you to cast aside any preconceived notions about what you believe to be truth and fact. What the majority of the human race believes to be truth and fact is not. The E.I. have plunged the human race into a world that they no longer know. It is my organizations job, no, our organizations job to deal with this.

    We have prepared since the 18th century for this battle. Every single person among us that can hold a sword or a gun has been and is being trained for this battle. We are ready to mobilize at any time, now all that is left is to gather our allies and to train you."


    Alan stood from where he was sitting, and walked over to the cloaked group stood quietly, waiting for the E.I. rebel's attention.

    "We will need you to get outfitted for the battles in the days to come, so we will do so now. Each of these men are from our society of mages, each with his own specialization. Deanta is the leader of the mages, and has mastered all of the elements. Deanta will be training Otto. Otto White, Deanta asked me personally if he could train you. He has high hopes for you, and I hope that whatever he believes you might be capable of achieving, that you might live up to that."

    Alan then motioned to the next man dressed in the crisp white cloak, who stepped forward

    "This is Chu, he will be teaching you Adam, he specializes in light and dark magic, particularly those spells which focus on body transformations. Despite what you may think, you can be a valuable asset despite the fact you aren't from a bloodline of great mages. Along with your friend Daisuke, and yes, I am aware of your current condition, you have an intimate knowledge of the E.I. training process, and your own supply of mana. From what I read, Daisuke's particular form of magic does not require so much mana as it it does require control."

    Next, Alan pointed to the man dressed in the deep royal purple cloak, who also stepped forward.

    "This gentleman is Anderson, he will be training you Maine, as well as your linked shadow friend. He specializes is in the usage of shadow magic, more specifically in the area of shadow summonings. He can teach you what you will need to become even more efficient as a battle mage, and past that, how you can work in perfect synchronization with your shadow partner in battle. Your skills with a firearm are impressive, however, I believe that it might be best for you to select a melee weapon to utilize as well. Anderson is trained in the usage of every weapon we have in our armory, and he is also an accomplished weapon smith, so he will most certainly be able to help you find one."

    Moving on, Alan next pointed to the man dressed in the brilliant ocean blue cloak, who then stepped forward.

    "Despite you not engaging in battle Alkura, I, as well as your father, still wish for you to be trained in your magic and to sharpen your sword skills. Not only that, but I would like to determine the extent of the modifications your body has undergone with the first and second generation of the serum that was administered to you. According to your father, you never used any sort of power that he has been able to see, and besides a markedly slower regeneration rate, he never saw any other extraordinary abilities. So for that, I have asked Balta to train you. He is the second in command of the mages order, and one of the best swordsmen in their organization, next to Deanta of course. Like Deanta, he has a broad command of magic, and he is one of the best mages we can select to train you."

    Next up was the last mage, and the laziest person out of the E.I. (Next to Lucien of course, who the hell manages to take a nap during the middle of a battle?) Alan motioned towards the final person in the line of men, and he stepped forward, the dark forest green cloak billowing about him.

    "Tyler, this is Jaques, he is yet another mage of the order, who specializes in the usage of wind magic. He also knows a fair bit about martial combat with melee weapons, and the hope is that he can teach you quite a bit. From what we've gathered, you haven't used your wind magic too much, but when you do use it you've shown quite the command of the element."

    Alan then nodded, apparently satisfied with all of the introductions.

    "Now, we've much to prepare for, and I ask that you all focus on this training. It won't begin today, today you'll all be taking a trip down to our local armory to get measured for armor and other equipment, and then those of you who have not will be selecting a melee weapon to use, as well as the weapon that fits that style."

    Alan held up two fingers.

    "I ask two things. First, is that you focus on your training. If you have a particular item that you need, we will do our best to provide it for you, so all you need to do is ask one of the guards to get it for you. If they can't get it, the request will be passed on, and if we have it, we will get it to you as fast as possible. The second is that you be careful. We are guardians, and we may stand as one, but make no mistake, their are conflicts of interest. Many different cultures and ways of living mix here, so if you decide to go out for a walk around the facility, take a guard with you. Not only will they be able to guide you where you need to go, but they will also be capable of advising you on the different cultures and their customs in this facility, so as not to offend anyone. To add on to that, everyone here sees you as their hope for the future, and some of them see you as a possible part of their future. Plenty of men and women within the facility will be moved to attempt to bring you into their lives personally, be it a promise of money, marriage, or other more carnal offers, they will attempt to lure you in. I ask that any relationship you enter with anyone in this facility you enter with caution. Their are some among you who have a particular penchant for going after the more.....carnal parts of a relationship, please be mindful of where you are, and that you are a symbol of hope. Best not to make that symbol controversial. With all that said, if you would follow your instructors, they will guide you to the armory so you might get measured and select your weapons, and then they will guide you to your room. Please, in your free time, feel free to roam."

    Alan reached into the suit blazer and drew out a battered golden pocket watch. He pressed in a knob on the side, and the front clicked open, revealing the clock face. After quietly checking the time, Alan shut the face of the watch and stored it back into the inside pocket of his blazer.

    "Unfortunately, I have much work to get done. The logistics of preparing for a war is quite labor intensive, and as the elected leader of this organization, the requisition forms for our limited resources must be approved by me. I will be working for the rest of the day, however, if you have any questions that can't be answered by your instructor, you simply need to find a guard and ask them to guide you to my office, I will certainly be able to make time for any of you."

    Without any further words, the man turned and strode out of the room, opening the large doors. The crowd that attempted to follow them seemed to have dispersed, and the hallway had emptied to a large extent.

    Deanta looked over at the E.I. members, and then spoke.

    "We have a limited amount of time before the armory and smithy close for the day, so we need to go now. I realize a lot of this is a shock, all of you having been raised in a society that you thought was ruled by science, but you must push past that shock. You live in this world now, and there is no way to avoid it."

    Deanta waited for the group to stand (After all, quite a bit of time had elapsed, and they should have finished their food by now) and join him. Once they had done so, (Alkura was quick to do so moving to stand near the man who had been selected to be her instructor) the men handed each of them a cloak that was the color of their respective teacher, (Ex. Crisp white for adam, Ebony Black for Otto, etc.) and once again Deanta spoke.

    "Put these cloaks on and pull the hoods up around your face. It will allow us to move in relative peace while we make our way to the armory."

    Alkura donned the cloak, and as soon as every other E.I. member had done so, Deanta and the other cloaked men set off with a quick step. After what seemed like a straight hour of walking, and plenty of twists and turns later, the group finally arrived at the armory. The outside was simple and plain. The entrance was carved out of the smooth rock corridor wall, and a heavy metal door with a large lock was set in place. Outside two guards armed similarly to those that ate with the group in the room with the stone table stood guard. Deanta pushed his cloak back a bit, his face becoming clearly defined and the shadows cast by the hood no longer hiding it for the moment. The guard nodded, turned to the door, and opened it with a key, he and the other guard working together to open the heavy metal door, which was a foot thick as it turned out.

    Deanta stepped inside, which was illuminated by a set of overhanging lights. The front of the inside was thousands of ancient style weapons of all kinds. short swords, long swords, hand and a half swords, claymores, cutlasses, pikes, military scythes, spears to name a few. Racks of short bows, recurve bows, long bows, and more bodkin arrows then one could count in a single life were right behind the melee weapons. Behind that stood rows of Springfield M1903 rifles in pristine condition. Right behind that stood rows of bayonets for those rifles, along with crate of ammunition loaded into stripper clips. Even farther back was a shit load of shields of any style you can imagine, and even further back was sets of modern firearms, mostly of Russian design, Ak74s, Dragunovs, Makarov pistols, RPD's, and crates of ammunition loaded into clips for each of those weapons behind that. At the very back of the room was another heavy metal door guarded by ten soldiers armed like those outside the armory, but the door was unlabeled. Whatever called for that many guards must have been important though. There was also a wooden door on the right side of the room, and it had a sign above that said "Smithy"

    Deanta, who had gathered the group there, nodded at all the weapons.

    "Every single melee weapon you could want is out there. From swords to knives to spears, you should be more then capable of finding something that you think might suit you. Keep in mind, this is a melee weapon you'll learn to use during the rest of your training. For those of you who have a weapon already, follow your instructor into the smithy, they'll get a smith to measure you for a set of armor."

    Their instructors would wait until their student had a melee weapon that suited them well, and then move into the smithy.
    For those that already had a melee weapon, namely Tyler and Alkura, or those who got one that satisfied them, their instructors went into the room labeled "Smithy", which was the entrance into a small room that had yet another wooden door in it, which presumably lead into the smithy. Once they got inside the smithy, their instructor went inside the other wooden door, and shortly after, a burly man came out and measured them. Everything from their chest to their feet was measured, and everything that was measured was written down on a sheet of paper. Once the smith had measured everyone, he disappeared back inside the smithy. Deanta then lead the group back outside the armory, and with their new weapons in hand, they began to walk again. After a short while, and many twists and turns later, they arrived at a wooden door, which the group opened and entered. Inside was a couch, a desk with paper and writing utensils, several book cases with books written in the same strange language as the book that Deanta had been reading earlier, a circular table with six chairs around it, and a fireplace with a fire going in it and a grate set in front, the floor was wood, and the walls, while stone, had decorative paintings and tapestries all over them, projecting a very homely look. Besides the door they just came from, there was two other doors, one labeled male, and the other female, and they lead into hallways with numerous doors leading off it. Each door lead to a room, each with one bed, a wardrobe with a diverse selection of different clothing, a desk with paper and writing utensils, a book case, a mirror, and a connected bathroom with a shower.

    The other cloaked men took their leave, and Deanta was the one man who remained out of the group inside the room.

    "This is where you will be staying, down either hallways is a wing of rooms. Men in one wing and women in the other for separation. You will dine here, sleep here, and study here. If you plan to go somewhere, their will be a man outside waiting to guide you most of the time, but if it's in the evening try not to disturb anyone's rest. IF you need something, you pass the request on to him as well. I must take my leave of you now, have a good evening.

    Alkura quietly opened the door to the wing for the women, and walked down the hallway, randomly selecting a dorm and walking inside to set her stuff down and unpack.

    Lucien

    Lucien moved silently in the darkness. He'd really gone and done it this time, his cover was blown. He should have known better. He should have know that Cal was watching him like a hawk after the whole "Nuclear Janitor Closet" incident, but he had decided to risk it. He had figured that perhaps he'd be able to run the data scan, copy the files and get away quietly, but he'd been dead wrong, and now he was being hunted.

    The brush around him rustled as he crawled through the night on his belly. E.I. patrols were swarming all around, trying to locate him so that they could capture him, not that they could, the only one capable of that would have been Cal, or possibly Nick, but no one had seen Nick since the start of the invasion.

    I just have to make it to the extraction point, then I can get the fuck out of he-

    His thought was cut short by a kick that was aimed at his face. The movement was surprising and sudden, but Lucien had been alert, and he rolled to the left, the kick only hitting air. Lucien continued rolling left, then once he was a good five feet away from where he had been, he turned the roll into a kneeling position, and the kneeling position into a standing position. His eyes locked on to the person who had aimed the kick at him.

    "So I see you found me Cal. I take it the fact that you just tried playing soccer with my face means that you also found out what I did with the data on your experiments as well."

    Rage was written all over Cal's face. His dark sword was in one hand, and his shield was formed on his other arm.

    "Ah, I see you are really angry then. Might I say, deleting every single one of your files that you've accumulated over the past three months was enjoyable to say the least."

    Cal said nothing, he simply charged forward. The move was blindingly fast, Lucien was barely able to keep up and move out of the way. The blade grazed Lucien's left cheek as he dodged to the right. The second attack was equally fast. A split second after Lucien had moved to the right of the assault, Cal had pivoted on his left foot to the right in a 180 degree turn, his left hand smashing into Lucien's right side in a hammerfist strike, sending the man flying through the air, before hitting a tree and falling to the ground. Cal didn't give Lucien any breathing room, in a split second he closed the distance. Lucien breathed fire from his lips, manipulating the flame so that it turned into a wall, which Cal burst through with his orb shield around him.

    Lucien had been smart enough to bring a combat knife for defense. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught without a melee weapon when fighting Cal. As Cal moved in and brought his sword down in a slashing arc, Lucien moved his knife up at an angle in his right hand towards the blade. Cal's blade slid off Lucien's knife, the blade redirected to the left. Lucien took the moment of surprise for Cal to perform a sweeping kick, knocking the man off his feet and sending him onto the ground. Seeing a chance to wound Cal so that he wouldn't be able to chase him for a while, Lucien jumped towards Cal, his knife held in his right hand and supported by his left palm and plunging downwards towards Cal's eye. His jump carried him a short distance up and then down towards Cal.

    He never made it.

    He felt a sharp pain as Cal's blade stabbed into his stomach, his momentum brought Lucien further down onto the blade as his knife fell from his hands, harmlessly to the ground beside Cal. Lucien managed to bring his legs up to support himself just in time to stop himself from falling onto the sword any further. However, Cal was not going to just let it end there. Quickly moving to a kneeling position, Cal threw all his weight upward with his sword, moving into a standing position and pushing the weapon into Lucien up to the hilt. The force of the attack sprayed blood onto Cal. Still though, Cal was not satisfied. After he had already stabbed Lucien up to the hilt of the blade, he twisted the sword, turning it around in the man's body, before backing up, taking the sword with him, and then giving Lucien a brutal kick, forcing the man backwards off the sword.

    Lucien fell to the ground, his hands clamped onto the entry point, trying to apply pressure to the wound. He coughed, and blood was sprayed from his lips in a fine mist.

    Cal stared at the man, knowing that the wounds most certainly wouldn't heal, at least not in the fashion that the serum assisted in. The third founder was finished. Satisfied with the result, Cal let the sword disappear and shield, and then spit on the wounded man.

    "Good riddance, traitor."

    Cal then walked off into the night, allowing Lucien to continue to die there.
     
  18. Okay, me and Jack have muddled through it.

    A Lizardman counts as level 2 when he starts, so we've taken away the Barbarian stuff. He's a little less intimidating now.
     
  19. ...But now I' the equivalent of experience points for the party still being a 'monster'

    No class levels.

    o.o

    *Hides beneath his 20 ac skin*
     
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Relax, Jack. If your lizardman speaks in Common and acts all friendly, we MIGHT not kill him instantly.

    Besides, at the moment, a local guide would be very useful.