Dungeons and Dragons: Age of The End (5E Homebrew Campaign)(Sign-Up & OOC)

We'll see what happens. No sense getting all excited if it's only you are interested lol. But I'll see what I can try and put together and if I can find other interested parties.

Reactions: EldridSmith
Well I'm down at least, though I may use a warforged idea I've had for a while and save Torg for a higher level game
Though I'd prefer to start at level 3 personally, but that's just me.

Reactions: Andy
I also have some D&D stuff... But yeah I'd be down for a game of any sort.

I may have something in mind but we shall see. It'll ultimately depend on if I feel confident enough throwing together my own custom campaign or if I just want to dust off one of the 5E adventures and use that. But at least we have two which is a good start lol.

Reactions: EldridSmith and Vii
I'd also be down! Count me in too!

Well with three now I almost feel like I have to give this a shot hahaha XD well..I'll see what I can throw together then.

• Spicy
Reactions: Vii
I also have things like dungeons and doggies/cats and catacombs and Skies of Sordane.

I looked at the concept for the warforged artificer I want to play and it needs level 3 to get started... shame

Well I won't deny any classes or races or anything at this point. I'll admit I'm mostly only used to the base book of 5E so outside of that I don't know much more about other classes and races. That all being said though this world I've been building isn't going to be solely based off of 5E so it'll be a different kind of world. But we'll see what happens.

Reactions: EldridSmith
Would you be open to starting at level 3?

@EldridSmith I'm open to it sure. it'll ultimately come down to what I decide to do with the story and if i'm going with the custom campaign or if I'm going with a prewritten story. If I go custom I may lean slightly away from starting at level 3..but we shall see.

Reactions: Vii and EldridSmith
So between the three of you since I know you guys are invested/interested in this let me ask. Would you guys be more interested in a custom campaign? Or would you rather do a prewritten campaign?

@Andy I'm good with anything =) Pre-written or custom. Either way I'd just love to play through something from start to finish yaknow?

• Thank You
@PrideAscending I hear ya! Trust me I feel the same way haha. I'll admit it'll probably be a bit easier to play all the way through for a pre written then a custom but I am still willing to do either one. Just depends on who wants to do what.

Pre-written campaigns tend to be incredibly rigid in my experience. "Do X before X date or else game over" is kind of boring to me. Just like DMPCs are only bad because they're forced on players rather than accepted by them, railroads from pre-written adventure paths are bad for similar reasons. I'd probably be best to just use a pre-written to take some of the burden off of your prep work, but to otherwise make it a custom campaign so that the game can focus on what we end up liking best. That way, if we like the adventure path, you don't have to do much, and if we don't like it, you at least have something to work with. But who knows, maybe it'd be less work overall for you to just come up with something completely on your own.

• Thank You
I'm fine with either, but I've found the idea of mixing premade and homebrew interesting as it saves the GM a lot of work especially when it comes to dungeons and such. I'm fine with whatever as long as I can make my warforged seeking humanity w/o being useless for 2 levels.

• Thank You
Alright so it sounds like the general consensus is to use a custom campaign or to use a prewritten mixed with a custom. Alright. Well I'll do some thinking and planning and see if I can come up with anything that I think is worthwhile and we'll go from there!

• Thank You
@Andy Would you mind throwing up a recruitment page or something so we can get started with making our new characters since you'll be using different guidelines from what you've said? Nothing huge of course, just something for us to get a rough outline ready,

@EldridSmith yeah I'll throw something up when I get a chance to do so. I'm working on a few posts for a few other rp's I'm in. Once I get those done I'll do my best to get that up tonight. If not I should have it up within the next few days. Honestly though when it comes to making your characters it's not going to be anything super crazy I'll just ask that you do it like you were actually building a character for a regular DnD campaign. The only thing I'll say right now is don't add anything for a deity or anything like that just yet. This world is going to use a full original pantheon.

I'm really hyped and excited for this.