DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel began to sing in a most beautiful voice, "Thou hast a friend in me /
Thou hast a friend in me /
When thy road looks rough ahead. /
And Thou art miles an' miles from thy nice warm bedding of hay. /
Thou just remember what thou olde compartriot said. / Youngling, thou hast got a friend in me. / Verily you've got a friend in me...."

Gabriel continued to sing, as he gestured a small bit with his hands, but stopped quickly, as he realized he still had his flute in his hand, which he quickly placed back into his backpack, as he continued to sing.

"Thou has a friend in me. /
Thou hast a friend in me. /
Thou has troubles and I have thine troubling predicaments of ugs 'n fies too./
There is naught anything that I woudnst do for thee/ We remain in close quarters, we can get past thine troubling predicaments and fies.
For thou hast got a friend in me. / Thou hast got a friend in me."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
"Oh, okay then..." Billy sat down next to Veles, "I suppose I am a bit tired. The thing is, this sword I got-"
"-Is going to need a whole lot more than that to shake it.", Billy looked down to see the blade once again firmly held in his fist, "Go on, boy. I won't stop you from talking to the crazy."
Billy let out a long sigh, "This sword here- it keeps dragging me on all these adventures-"
"-Adventures that are of DIRE IMPORT-"
"-and I just can't take it anymore! Anyways-", Billy placed a hand on Veles' shoulder, "-you seem like you're having a rough time. Want to share?"

It seems he wasn't the only who saw this girl run and mewl in a corner. Some boy who was friends with her or something also came in to comfort and coddle her it seems. Then that gnome came in and started singing about friendship while playing the flute. He though to himself, So this is friendship? How lucky for her... fascinating... Something happened, and he began to feel something. Like a moth floating towards a light he began to feel a tiny pang. He grimaced as he tightened that mental iron fist around it and crushed it until no more. Such feelings were useless as they would not help him regain what he needed. And as such he had abandoned any sort of illusion or pretense of having them over his overarching goal. He turned around to the boy and asked the same question, "Little boy! Have you seen this man!"

• Thank You
Reactions: Parser
Billy looked up at the shouty man, "I dunno. Sword, have we seen that guy? I was asleep most of the way."
"Billy. I am a sword. I can't see."
"Oh, right. I'm afraid not, sir." Billy went back to comforting Veles.

Veles lurched away a bit at the boys touch. "I thought we had an agreement?" she said, then sighed, allowing his hand to remain where it was. She figured there would be no harm in talking to this child, though the sword proved to be about as she had expected, troublesome. "I don't like talking about where I come from, as when I do... well, you saw what happens." she said, poking at a small rock that lay near her feet. "Even if I did go back there with what little I have attained, they would still hate me, as I still lack horns." she continued, taking another deep breath to remain calm. "I suppose that sword of yours is comparable, pushing you to do things you obviously have no interest in."

Finding the tent uninteresting, Anaxarete backed tracked and found herself near of the part members again. But they were simply milling about talking, some excitedly some...Not. She frowned when she saw the demon run off, and then return shortly after.
"Not my business." She muttered. And began walking off. She had another duty to fulfill. The reason that she had embarked on the journey in the first place. To give the magical artifact that her sister took, a final resting place.
Anaxarete knew better than to leave it out in the open in Vegas, as someone might take it and then they would experience waves upon waves of hideously bad luck. She needed to find a proper place where no one would find the necklace. And perhaps she would have to use some magic to make sure of that.
Glancing over her shoulder one more time, she saw that most of the party where still conversing, so it was easy for her to slip away. She wouldn't go far, but she'd get out of sight as to not allow anyone to set their sites on the cursed necklace.
"Where will you put it?" Her father asked, poking his head out of the pouch.
"Under a rock somewhere, and if the rock isn't heavy enough, I'll plant these vine seeds and to hold it down for a good five months or more. Hopefully, no one here has a fetish for sediment." She responded, as she surveyed the area for any large rocks.

Gabriel continued to sing, "Thy other denizens mighth be lesser of a fonkin than I art/
Larger and more physically adept too/
Perhaps/
But nonst of thy denizens/
Willst ever adorst thou the way I dost/
It be thy and thou childe/"

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
A crowd forms around Gabriel. They stand watching him, talking among each other mostly giving compliments about the halfling's playing; while others mocked his height. The town was mostly human, though some were of other humanoid races. One had something of a long trunk in place of a nose with a rather large brain which was nothing resembling human at all. A priest walked over the Veles and Billy, offering his hand.

Before he could say anything, however, he stood up as if trying to focus on something. The crowd watching Gabriel had gone to a hush. Then suddenly, it felt like the entire town had gone silent; all save for distant tapping noise. Noise in the distance was never good, but this even more so. Outside of the tent, a dust cloud was kicked up. The cloud barely obscured what appeared to be men on horses.

The horses were black in color and the horsemen rode without reins, many simply grabbing onto their horse's necks. The men themselves had white, almost pale skin and adorned feathered wings on their backs. They also wore feathered headresses and skirts. All were male and all topless with rather muscular bodies.

"AYAYAYAYAYAYA!" they screamed, one of them shooting an arrow which pierced through the cloth of the tent. There was a rather large group. No. A small army.

Gabriel finished the last bits of his song, as he noticed a crowd gathered around him. He waved to the crowd, "Greetings citizens of Vegas I hoped you enjo-" he then blinked as he noticed there was mass screaming dawning upon this noble tent, as he frantically threw his hands in the air. He would have said something, but he was unable to say it, due to the loud screams of the horsemen. Gabriel jumped upwards, to see if he could see what was going on. As he was unable to see above the larger individuals, he gestured frantically to the tall ones, probably trying to ask what was going on. But then again, that would be kinda hard to show through exaggerated hand gestures of a wild nature.

The Twelve? That was who the boy sought? He was crazier than she though, but before she could reply, the silence, followed by an assault of an unknown group kept her from doing so. She remained frozen, not wanting to act until she knew something of the assailants, that something being whether they were of the flesh, or creations of magic, as she could not see any of them from where she sat.

"Well, alright then. If you want to talk, just let me know, okay sir?"
"Come on Billy! You got to be aggressive! We got to get some info out of him!"
"Come on, sword, he's only foreign; he probably doesn't know any more about this place than we do! Besides, I thought you said I could talk to him."
"Well yeah, I thought you were going to ask IMPORTANT things, such as, for example: Where are the Twelve? How do we kill the Twelve?"
"The Twelve died three hundred years ago, sword."
"That's just what they WANT you to-"
Suddenly, an arrow flew through the air and soon found itself suddenly and deftly parried by a strike from Billy's sword arm.
"See? I told you they were going to be after us!" Billy found himself once again dragged to his feet by his blade, "Now we're cookin'!" the blade cried as Billy found himself charging helplessly towards the horsemen.

One of the men got off his horse, approaching Billy. He carried a noticeably thin shield on his back, adorned with various mystic symbols. At his side was a curved sword in a wooden sheath."I see you are a swordsman" the man said. With his left thumb, he pushed the sword from its sheath and with his right hand, grabbed the handle to fully unsheathe the blade. The blade itself appeared quite sharp, shining brightly against the torchlight of the town.

"I too am a swordsman" he proclaimed, striking down Billy.

His gaze was focused on the sword as he was rather intrigued by a talking sword. He heard rumors and stories about such artifacts but he had yet to encounter one. However such thoughts were interrupted by the clomping of horse hooves and a war cry. He was no curious as to how horses would even thrive indoors but now was not the time to ask such questions. With a mighty spin he let loose his box and had knock a man off the horse. Now that he was lighter he unsheathed his blade and threw himself into the melee using his skill to kick up a circle of dust with his blade to blind and annoy.

• Thank You
Reactions: Parser
Upon hearing one of the attackers speak, she decided that they must have been of flesh, and moved to somewhere she could see what was happening, since she deemed her abilities to be useful. She figured if worse came tow worst, she could bleed on one of them until they died, not that she fancied that option. She attempted to use her magic on one of the men riding around, muttering her spell she took aim, only to miss, causing it to affect one of the horses, instead. The creatures slowed to a trot, then stopped all together, and began to feed on invisible grass while the rider seemed to be terribly confused as to what his mount was doing.

Gabriel knew what he had to do. He quickly procured two throwing blades, as he held one in each hand. He looked around for someone large, "Someone! Throw me towards the attackers... I know what I must do!"

An incredibly burly Vegas Citizen quickly picked up Gabriel by the collar as he chucked him into the crowd. As Gabriel was soaring into the mass of horsemen, he threw both of his blades towards the horsemen, aiming it to strike at the upper torso or neck. Gabriel quickly landed on the back of a horse, which bucked him off quickly, and probably attracting the attention of the rider, after all he just disturbed the horse. While Gabriel landed with a painful thud he quickly got up, and as he was full of energy pulled out his flute and began to play. His fingers began moving at incredible speeds, as he began to play a sound, which echoed with the an eldritch melancholy, as he hoped the awe of the music would break the morale of the the fighters, and hopefully inspire awe with the fellow adventurers. Gabriel continued playing the flute as he danced around, trying to dodge any hoof strikes from the horses, and of course the riders.

Billy found himself crying out in pain as the man's sword bit into his shoulder. Then, with a cry of "Quit being such a pansy!" his sword dragged Billy to his feet and, with a mighty display of strength, cut the man clean in two. "See that, boy?" the blade cried as it rushed Billy towards the nearest bandit, "That there is why we need to get you some armor. If that guy had a good breastplate he might've survived a good two, three strokes; but he didn't and now he's dead."

As the horsemen had fallen, more seemed to have appeared apparently out of nowhere. They pushed the group foreward. Each brandished an ax which was held in one hand. The horsemen looked towards Gabriel. It was noticeable that each wore a shield baring different seemingly religious symbols. The party was pushed into a circle by the army. They all cheered as they raised their weapons and their horses stomped. Then suddenly, a cracking noise was heard underneath the adventurers. The men were too distracted to notice. The ground gave beneath the adventurers, and soon collapsed.

The horsemen seemed to ride elsewhere, as if they had finished something. One of them, straggling behind the others continued to yelp, holding something in his hands. Where the adventurers fell, it was covered in dust. The place seemed strangely spartan, save for what appeared to be a rather lifelike statue.

Upon landing, Veles' face contorted with pain, and she sharply drew in breath, as she had been scraped up a bit from the fall. It was not as bad as being cut, but her blood still escaped and burned her flesh. There was a quiet sizzling sound that lasted for only a few moments, before her blood had sealed the wounds and evaporated. She took a deep breath, and looked around, noting a statue nearby. She crawled over to it, running her fingers over its surface, admiring the craftsmanship of it. She wondered if there would be anything else like it within the dungeons depths.

Gabriel looked upwards, as he placed his flute away back in his bag."Well, that's pretty high up..." He placed his bag on the ground, as he began taking out rope, and unfurling it. Gabriel stared upwards as he began checking himself for wounds. He noticed that he had various scrapes, cuts and bruises. There were some tears in his motley outfit, but it looked like nothing severe had happened to him. "Jeez, miracle we survived! And not too many damages to myself, yes that is lucky! I shall have to compose a musical piece about this!" Gabriel continued taking rope out, as he threw it towards the top. Gabriel looked to see if the rope went high enough to climb out of the hole they were left in.

It appeared that the rope didn't go high enough, though possibly that could have been due to his toss, but either way it descended back down and landed. Gabriel shrugged as he began to pack the robe back into his backpack. He glanced around at the party, "Is everyone okay?"

Billy, for his part, found himself landing atop the bisected bandit with a sickening squelch. "What the heeaaaaaaugh!" he screamed and scrambled off the slowly cooling corpse. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh go-" "-SNAP OUT OF IT! He's fine, short one!"
Billy looked down at his sword, coming back to his senses, "Haven't you ever seen a dead guy before!?" the sword barked.
"Well, yeah, but his- his everything is falling out! I just landed on a dead person!"
"Yes, well, I'm sure this is all very exciting for you. Is he wearing pants? A shirt? Anything?"
"Uh, yeah, there are some pants here..."
"Take them off."
"What?"
"Take. Them. Off. We have to bandage that cut of yours. See if you can scavenge some supplies, too."
"I- okay."
"Good."
And with that, Billy found himself stripping the clothes off of a dead man's lower torso. Unpleasant work, yes, but necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.