DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh!" She raised a finger as if to emphasize it. "A circus? I've actually seen a few of those! I've been to a few places here and there, but even then they always had something surprising. Sometimes an exotic animal, sometimes a crazy magic show. Always something. Who knows, maybe there'll be something good for the show down here, right?"

Arguably the quiet purple-skinned it might make a good attraction, teach it some kind of trick and it'd be a bang up act!

"Myself though? I'm looking for a nice, big pile of money, a strong drink in one hand and a nubile dancer in my other!" She let out a deep laugh, Tueca would have slapped the halfling on the back but at their respective height she would've only smacked him in the back of his head. That's not exactly the best way to do it.

"Really though, I am here looking for something special to impress my family back home. Sort of a sibling rivalry, everyone is looking for the best gift for Mom and Dad. Finding something that could do that here? That's my dream."

• Thank You
Reactions: Parser
Gabriel chuckled, "Oh I am sure you'll find something out here that will easily beat your siblings and impress the folks! And who DOESN'T like a dancer by the hand?! I know I'd like to get one. Though if we both take an eye for the same nubile person... We'll have to find some way to settle it!" Gabriel cupped his chin in thought, "I'm sure we could find a contest where we could both have a fair chance of winning." Gabriel shook his head, as he returned his attention to Tuelca. "AH there are all sorts of fantastic carnivals! Each of them is unique in their charm, and have their own special attractions! There's always a star act, whether it be from beast, magician, or something else! I can only imagine what interesting things I'll find in this dungeon to include in my Circus! AH THE POSSIBILITIES ASTOUND ME!"

"I'm sure your parents will be proud of your accomplishments, IT takes a unique person to delve deep into a dangerous dungeon such as this!" Gabriel nodded as he smiled at Tuelca.

She wasn't so certain on the matter that it'd be so easy to win over them. There was a very large world out there, with their own versions of a dungeon and king's slayers to conquer and wrest treasures from. Tueca didn't know exactly how many of her siblings were still in the competition, it was possible some had died or given up. Not likely but possible.

"Hey, no offense meant or anything but it doesn't look like you'd be able to carry too much out of here if you find something. If you want, I could throw it on the back there?" She pointed a thumb towards her ladened and over sized lizard.

"As for a contest...what about a game of dice? Leave it to chance to decided for us!"

Gabriel glanced back at the over-sized lizard, as he glanced back at Tuelca. "Yeah, my backpack isn't as large to carry out all the treasure I want. Oh, I'll offer a share of the loot to you for allowing me to borrow the lizard. Only fair to do.." Gabriel stared at the lizard, "Does the lizard have a name?" He stared at the lizard for awhile, and blinks. He then returned his attention to Tuelca as he smiled slyly.

"Dice and cards are both good! The question is what kind of dice or card game!? For dice, I am fond of Midnight. As for cards, I am a fan of War. Though of course, how could I NOT appreciate the classic Poker!?" Gabriel glanced at the rest of the party for a moment, before he then glanced at Ron, "OH Ron, thanks for doing this!"

"Poker? Did any one say poker?" Tink emerged from his hiding spot, "I love poker!"

• Love
Gabriel smiled at Tink, "Ah another Card Shark! Excellent. Say, once we are in the dungeon, and not busy fighting the creatures which will be an inspirational muse and also very dangerous creatures that will try to kill us, we should play a hand or two!"

“That's kind of you, but tell you what. I help you out here, you give me a ticket to your show when you make it big. As for him? I call him Xochitl. He's not very dainty or delicate, but the bright patterns on his head crest reminded me of a flower from back home. I also think if I let him be he'd just plop down and grow roots there, so it might be a better fit than I thought.”

Tink emerged from...somewhere. There were an awfully large number of short people in this group. If there was some kind of small tunnel to crawl into, she'd be shit out of luck.

“To be fair I know a bit about card games, but I grew up with dice. They were easier to carry around and keep in safe condition on a boat than cards. The waves though, more than a few fights were started when a sudden shift tilted some dice!”

Tueca's hand rubbed her nose before she realized it, a more subconscious habit at this point from the memory of that injury.

Veles jerked away from James' hand, placing her own where his had been. "Don't... Don't touch me." she said, eyes averted from him. From how he put, it, however, his daughter did sound quite cute, though it could just be parental bias, something that seemed to be abundant in this world. She was kind of jealous, it would have been nice if her parents had had such bias about her, and her siblings. Shaking the thought out of her mind, she pushed bast him and followed the group into the darkness.

She stayed a couple feet back from those ahead, though she did pay attention to the conversation they held. She was tempted to throw in a word here and there, but shut it out. She did not need to talk to them, she just needed to get in, and get out. There was no reason to muddle around in idle chatter, it was simply a waste of time she did not need to engage in. In fact, she refused to engage any of these over-worlders, since she had learned that they could be far more treacherous than demons.

Anaxarete was following behind purple demon. Not because she wanted to but because she didn't feel the need to be up where the others were joking around and talking about cards game and what not. She didn't know much about games like that, and from what her father was whispering to her, it sounded horrendously boring. But still, she didn't quite want to be so close to the...female demon, but she didn't want to be all the way in the back either.

Speeding up a bit, she found herself walking a few feet behind the fools conversing about gaming, and in front of the demon and the black haired man.

"Maybe...Make a friend?" A small voice, whispered from behind her and she pulled her rucksack to the front and looked down at her father.

"No." She grumbled, taking him out, so he could sit in one of the pouches on her belt.

"Wouldn't hurt to just--

"No, dad." She repeated, giving him a glare and crossing her arms. The lemming sighed, and snuggled into the pouch.

Ron, the mysterious man, continued to walk forward. Occassionally, he turned back to see whether or not the party was still following him before continuing. At the end of the hall, it opened up into a larger room. A few feet and a rusty metal ledge kept the party from falling a floor down into the dungeon. The walls of the dungeon were noticeably hollowed out. Lining the sides were what could have once been rooms. At that point, the air from outside had ceased. It was still quite stuffy, but not as hot as it was outside.

Ron stopped at the ledge and leaned on it. "Welcome to my home." he said. Off the ledge, there was noticeable light. Various tents were set up, people going between them. Along the walls, curtains were put up. Some were shops, others were homes. Ron turned around and looked down as the people there went about their lives. "Vegas" he said "its name is Vegas. Welcome. Remember when I said I didn't see too many people? I meant I didn't see many new people." He let out a hearty laugh. "You're free to tour about. Just be sure not to open any of those curtains- some people don't like their privacy being invaded.

The shops sell various items but mostly food. Strange and exotic weapons seem to be put on display as well, but the stands selling those are scattered about. The area was illuminated with torches stood up near the stands, but not close enough that the tents catch fire. Further along the dungeon, there was a large circular object draped in deep red cloth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel threw his hands out wide, "Vegas... That's a fantastic name!" He began moving around spying on various tents, and glancing at the vast amounts of torches which illuminated the place. Then, he saw a large circular object covered with a cloth. Gabriel began moving towards it as he glanced around to see if there were any Vegas Citizens he could ask a question to. "HEY? What's under the cloth? Also, is there a tavern, or club of sorts? IF you need a show, I can give you a performance! My treat, for you have extended hospitality!"

Gabriel took out his flute, as he began playing a tune on his flute. He began dancing in place, as he played a song on his flute, it was fluid and was a cheerful theme. Gabriel took his flute away from his mouth, as he gestured with his left hand. "Gather around, if you wish to partake in merriment! For this is a joyous occasion, or at the very least I shall make it a more joyous occasion." Gabriel returned to playing his flute, restarting from where he briefly left off in his song.

Veles' eyes instantly settled on what ever was underneath the red cloth. She walked to it, with little regard for anything else, aside from avoiding a few obstructions in her path. She came to a halt inches away from it, and grabbed onto the cloth which concealed the object. It was obviously covered up for a reason, but she seemed to care little for what that reason might be. She tugged on it, intent on seeing what ever was hidden from her view. She was intent on obtaining as much knowledge as she could gather from this place.

The red tent reached up two stories, nearly touching the ceiling. It was draped all the way. Underneath it, were various men and women wearing robes all donning red caps. It was a carousel, figures of sea horses supported by what appeared to be gold poles. While it was kept in good condition, it was obvious the carousel had not moved in ages. There were benches at the center and a spiral staircase at the far side. Upstairs, talking could be heard. It was authoritative and booming, almost preaching. No. It was preaching. After a sentence was clearly finished, clapping could be heard from upstairs. It seemed the red tent was some kind of church.

Gabriel continued his impromptu show for the people of Vegas, as he took a bow. He then smiled as he put his flute away, back in his backpack. He then blinked, as he stared at the carousel. Gabriel's eyes glew with excitement as he threw his hands in the air as he went into the Red Tent Temple.

"Such a highly constructed tent! Is this a Carnival!? Please tell me that it is!" Gabriel eagerly pointed at the carousel, "Oooh... is that your star piece, that you show everyone. I heard your Ringleader earlier, while I couldn't make out the speech clearly, it was a grandiose dialogue, after all the audience was clapping with enthusiasm!" Gabriel clapped his hands, "Oh! I didn't introduce myself! Hi, I'm Gabriel Knotts, Professional Entertainer, and Free-lance Adventurer! I'm sure the rest of the party is doing something fun and exciting, so I can't introduce you to them yet." Gabriel extended his hand out to any of the Red-capped individuals, most likely it would be offered to the one who was the closest.

"I am sure you are a rather busy institution of the noble town of Vegas... But I do hope you are willing to give me a bit of your time, maybe tell me who you are, what you do, etc. I just enjoy conversations, and you all look like fantastic people. Though I must say, I am hoping that this is in fact a Circus!" Gabriel grinned ear to ear, "I'm sure we can share all sorts of stories we have gathered over many years of performing!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Anaxarete found it hard to believe that a circus would be performing underground, but then again, she had never actually been to the circus, so what did she know. But circus needed audiences didn't they? Who was coming to see this troupe other than the people of Vegas. Or perhaps it was simply circus that only performed for villagers of Vegas.
"Nice place." Her father piped up. "Would be nice to stay?" He hinted and the hedge witch shrugged. She didn't really know if she wanted to live in a dungeon. After spending so much time in the forest, making a home in such a...place, would be uncomfortable. But before she even considered a new home, she needed to rescue the princess first and come back alive.
At the moment she settled for following the loudest and most jovial member of their party into the circus tent. She cringed when he started talking, however. He was just so...Friendly.

Veles ignored the fool of a Halfing and his ramblings, though she did follow him inside. She looked over the false creatures that were speared into the contraption. She had never seen such a creature as it. From what she observed, it seemed to be some sort of mount, aquatic quite possibly, though maybe it levitated somehow. She thought it looked kind of funny, though in a charming way. She decided that she would attempt to acquire on of her own if she got out of this dungeon alive. At least if it was indeed aquatic, things that flew around were nothing but an annoyance.

Rue sighed as she surveyed the tents, watching as the group split apart and wondering just how she could manage to keep the group together. They hadn't listened when she said they would travel at night on the surface, when it was less hot. Odds were pretty good they wouldn't listen to any suggestions of staying together. And yet...

"It would be foolish to separate, but if we must, everyone pair up, watch your partner's back, we will rendezvous at whatever that is." She said pointing to the big . At which point she realized the entire group had left halfway through her talking, and walked into the big red tent.

"Seven Devils.." she muttered as she sprinted towards them, following into the tent of the Red Caps.

• Thank You
*THUNK*
"Ouch! Bad enough that you dragged me all the way here. At least tell me when we hit the stairs! I very nearly lost a tooth!"
"Well maybe if you were paying more attention, you would have noticed them!"
"I was asleep!"
"Well then, who's fault is that?"
"YOURS!"
"Well, you're awake now. Get marching!"
"But I don't want-" "I don't care, child. MARCH."
A young peasant boy, no older than fourteen, sleep deprived and covered in sand stumbled into the camp. In his hand was a gleaming silver broadsword, just a bit too large for the boy to comfortably fight with. A metallic voice rang out from the blade "Come, Billy! There's a demon this way, I can feel it!"
"Why in God's name are we trying to find a demon? Aren't you supposed to avoid those?", the boy responded.
"Bah, where's your sense of adventure?"
"Back on the farm, with Ma and the turnip harvest."
"It's always turnips with you, isn't- wait, THERE!"
The boy's sword arm lurched forward, dragging him over to the adventurers. "Come now, boy. Ask them."
The boy shot his blade a look that could have withered grass before addressing Veles. "Excuse me, but you look like an observant sort of person. You wouldn't happen to have seen any demons around, would you?"

Veles could not help but laugh at the irony in the boys question. "Child, I am a demon, you might try to be more specific." she said, as she stood up straight and circled back around the false creature to get a better look at the boy. He looked completely unremarkable, aside from his evident exhaustion. She did note the immaculate sword he wielded, which looked completely out of place. "Though, I would wonder why you are searching for demons at all, let alone in a place like this." she said, having found some interest in the child, though she was almost certain it would pass.

She gave an incredibly half-hearted smile. "What is your name, child?" she asked, as she began to circle him to assure herself that he was, indeed, unremarkable.

Gabriel quickly turned his head at the boy, Billy. "HUH, you actually managed to get the person to talk! I always assumed they were mute..." Gabriel shrugged as he returned his focus his attention back to the Red-capped denizens of the Red Tent. "But yeah, we can share all sorts of stories about entertaining people! Do you want me to start, or would you like to start? I am cool with either option!"

Status
Not open for further replies.