Duet with the Devil

"Oh but I am used to them," she said with a blink over at him. "What do you think happens to witches in school? We just pass by without any notice? No, kids pick up that we are different and thus they must pick and prod until one breaks. I pride myself over not breaking thus far and I won't break because a few servants decide that I'm worth playing pranks such at that. It means that at least I'm being noticed rather than ignored."

She stopped talking when he said that they were in the east wing. Lindi's eyes widened and she blushed deeply. "The king said that he'd give me the whole east wing to myself. Apparently that includes being near you I suppose," She said as she looked away, realizing just what the king had planned in that little concession. She'd wondered why he had offered her a whole wing to herself. A king would of course put her near the man that he wanted her to marry.

The wise spirit nodded in approval, seems like she is rather stubborn it appears. It was good to hear that but of course that would add to the fun factor. Firduhelm shrugged and had a look of indifference on him, 'Sometimes the attention is not so good for you. Well, you can stay here for all I care, I'm fine with it but I'm not getting married to anyone. Just saying...'

"And I have no intentions to marrying anyone, ever," the young woman said, determination on her face. "There would be a fifty-fifty chance that any child of mine would become a witch like myself and I would hate to put any child through that. I have accepted it, but that doesn't mean that anyone else should have to. We--Witches have no place in this society any more."

Her rant tapered off quickly though and she looked out of the room again. "So you needn't worry."

Firduhelm chuckled at her declaration, seems like she's not as bad as he'd originally imagined to be. A pity that romance would be out of the equation for the two of them. It would be so fun to play with her, and even tease her if he wishes.

Raising his hands in defeat, he beammed and responded, 'Alright you've made your point here.'