DS and 3DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I haven't visited my town in Animal Crossing in forever D: Yikes Isabelle will be so disappointed! lol

My friend code is 0576-4368-6697 though!

Reactions: Kaz
I don't have AC but I do have Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire.

My FC: 5129 - 1091 - 7225

And damn, my game is taking ages to download...

The obvious stuff like FE13 has already been mentioned, so I'd like to spotlight an underrated gem of a DS game, Radiant Historia. I'm not really sure why the game didn't do that well, but as JRPGs go it's one of the best. It has a strategic combat system, pleasantly high difficulty (in an age where JRPGs are often too easy), a ton of sidequests, perhaps the best pacing I've seen in any game short of The Last of Us, a great story that actually makes time travel work, and excellently-written and well developed characters. If you like JRPGs you pretty much owe it to yourself to play Radiant Historia.

radiant-casual-conversation.jpg

I wanted to use the classic "You've returned, Stocke." line for this image, but I couldn't find it so this will have to do.
Erm, @Vansalon , why did you dislike my post? Did I write something wrong?
Because I heartily disagree with your assessment of Bravely Default. The combat system is incredibly deep, always varied, and allows for endless customizability. Was the story very good? No, but it was enough to keep you interested. Yes, the filler chapters were terrible if you didn't do their sidequests (Ch5-8 Sidequests are excellent). But if there's anything you can't accuse the game of, it's that they "didn't try very hard." So much thought went into the battle mechanics and sidequests that it's blatantly insulting to the devs to say they "didn't try very hard" when obviously they tried very hard to make it a fun game.

I went with a dislike because I'd feel terrible for giving someone an actual negative rating just because they disagree with an opinion.

@Kaz You said you just started a new game in AC, right? What's your town fruit? If you want I'll bring some fruit over that you don't have c:

@dragonesper If you ever have questions for RF4 and don't know where to look, feel free to ask me! I've put hundreds of hours into it xD

Because I heartily disagree with your assessment of Bravely Default. The combat system is incredibly deep, always varied, and allows for endless customizability. Was the story very good? No, but it was enough to keep you interested. Yes, the filler chapters were terrible if you didn't do their sidequests (Ch5-8 Sidequests are excellent). But if there's anything you can't accuse the game of, it's that they "didn't try very hard." So much thought went into the battle mechanics and sidequests that it's blatantly insulting to the devs to say they "didn't try very hard" when obviously they tried very hard to make it a fun game.

I went with a dislike because I'd feel terrible for giving someone an actual negative rating just because they disagree with an opinion.
Well, maybe I worded that wrong, I didn't mean to say that they didn't try hard with the game, more so I tried to say that in some areas they focuses a little too much and in some areas they focused a little too less. I'm terrible at explaining, so I just went with "they didn't try that hard." Trust me, I never meant bash on the game, because I'll admit that it is really fun and I even said that I want to finish the game soon, as well as I said that it was just my opinion and there are awesome things about every game, even if I had a few complaints on them. I kinda feel like that was an unnecessary dislike though, because the dislikes are more for saying "this didn't add anything to the conversation" instead of "I don't agree with that." Even you agreed that the game isn't perfect. Still, I understand, but I don't feel like you used the dislike right. I appreciate that you used a neutral rating, though, it was still slightly offensive. Just because you disagreed on one small part of my post, it doesn't mean that it's right to dislike my entire post. :/

We were even told that we could post our opinions and rant about a game. This is supposed to be a positive thread, so basically I would appreciate if you removed your dislike. I feel like that sounds a little pretentious or something, but I'm just saying, no harm done if you just remove it. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe I worded that wrong, I didn't mean to say that they didn't try hard with the game, more so I tried to say that in some areas they focuses a little too much and in some areas they focused a little too less. I'm terrible at explaining, so I just went with "they didn't try that hard." Trust me, I never meant bash on the game, because I'll admit that it is really fun and I even said that I want to finish the game soon, as well as I said that it was just my opinion and there are awesome things about every game, even if I had a few complaints on them. I kinda feel like that was an unnecessary dislike though, because the dislikes are more for saying "this didn't add anything to the conversation" instead of "I don't agree with that." Even you agreed that the game isn't perfect. Still, I understand, but I don't feel like you used the dislike right. I appreciate that you used a neutral rating, though. Just because you disagreed on one small part of my post, it doesn't mean that it's right to dislike my entire post. :/
The ratings are extremely subjective, unless you get to the point of abusing them (which I always understood as stalking someone and smiting all their posts or something silly like that), there's no real right or wrong way to use them.

Also, I just stumbled on this:
radiant-historia-atlus-ds04EDITEDpng.png

@Kaz You said you just started a new game in AC, right? What's your town fruit? If you want I'll bring some fruit over that you don't have c:

@dragonesper If you ever have questions for RF4 and don't know where to look, feel free to ask me! I've put hundreds of hours into it xD
My town fruit is pears, but I'm not going to bother with planting anything until I can get axes and clear out all of the trees that were already in my town. c: That way I can replant everything nice and orderly.

My town fruit is pears, but I'm not going to bother with planting anything until I can get axes and clear out all of the trees that were already in my town. c: That way I can replant everything nice and orderly.
Ooooh! ok!

My favorite game series is and shall always be — Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. The trials and the stories which each and every of them entailed were thrilling, as well as brilliantly written. I'm still mourning over the fact that it has ended. Phoenix's screen time, anyway.

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Professor Layton yet.

Professor_Layton_and_the_Curious_Village_NA_Boxart.JPG

Especially you guys who play Ace Attorney. This game is an absolute gem:

225834-1146514.png

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
Especially you guys who play Ace Attorney. This game is an absolute gem:

225834-1146514.png

I mentioned this game! :D I freaking love it! I haven't finished it all the way yet, but it's made me really interested in Professor Layton! I usually suck at puzzle games, so I never picked it up before. But combined with Phoenix Wright, I had to get it, and I found out I'm not so bad haha xD Eventually I want to pick up some more Professor Layton too.

I mentioned this game! :D I freaking love it! I haven't finished it all the way yet, but it's made me really interested in Professor Layton! I usually suck at puzzle games, so I never picked it up before. But combined with Phoenix Wright, I had to get it, and I found out I'm not so bad haha xD Eventually I want to pick up some more Professor Layton too.
Ha ha, I didn't notice your comment about it while going through everyone's posts. Good to know there's someone who hasn't missed out on the awesomeness :P

And yes, you should totally pick up more of the Layton games! Besides the addictive gameplay, the story and plot is always amazing. Never once has the ending of a Professor Layton game not made me bawl my eyes out. Also, with the Hint Coin system, you can get just that extra bit of help to solve a puzzle without having the answer handed to you. But if you're completely stumped and nto even the hints help you, there's no shame in checking a walkthrough.

If you're wondering what to pick up first, be aware that Curious Village, Pandora's Box, and Lost Future are set chronologically after Spectre's Call, Miracle Mask, and Azran Legacy, even though the former three came out first. That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing the games in the order they were released. After all, that's what I did. But it's kind of the same as with Star Wars, I've always wondered how it would be to have watched the prequels before the main trilogy.

(Edit: In America, Pandora's Box is called "Diabolical Box", Lost Future is called "Unwound Future", and Spectre's Call is called "Last Specter")

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Ha ha, I didn't notice your comment about it while going through everyone's posts. Good to know there's someone who hasn't missed out on the awesomeness :P

And yes, you should totally pick up more of the Layton games! Besides the addictive gameplay, the story and plot is always amazing. Never once has the ending of a Professor Layton game not made me bawl my eyes out. Also, with the Hint Coin system, you can get just that extra bit of help to solve a puzzle without having the answer handed to you. But if you're completely stumped and nto even the hints help you, there's no shame in checking a walkthrough.

If you're wondering what to pick up first, be aware that Curious Village, Pandora's Box, and Lost Future are set chronologically after Spectre's Call, Miracle Mask, and Azran Legacy, even though the former three came out first. That being said, there's nothing wrong with playing the games in the order they were released. After all, that's what I did. But it's kind of the same as with Star Wars, I've always wondered how it would be to have watched the prequels before the main trilogy.

(Edit: In America, Pandora's Box is called "Diabolical Box", Lost Future is called "Unwound Future", and Spectre's Call is called "Last Specter")
I wish I could love this and thank it at the same time :D Thanks so much! I'm definitely gonna check them out.

@LastCinder what level is minimum advisable for jumping down the ledge in Yokmir forest? I did it at level six and got totally KO'ed in one hit...

And I'm so engrossed in it... Totally engrossed~

@dragonesper Yeah, entering new grounds is always really hard! Where are you in the game? Have you defeated Ambrosia and unlocked Amber yet? Because I'm pretty sure you're not suppose to drop down yet. Dropping off the ledge takes you to the Yokmir cave right? It's been a little while so my gears are turning haha But if it takes you to Yokmir cave, you aren't supposed to go down there till you are at least in the higher lvl 20's range. What weapon are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.