Dreams

• Thread starter Phoenix's Wrath
  • Start date
P

Phoenix's Wrath

Original poster
Do you believe that dreams tell us things? If you get those very vivid dreams you swore actually happened, you go through out the next day truly believing that whatever happened in the dream occurred and your either excited, scared or numb from the dream.

Do you believe that dreams can predict the future? Can you share a dream that you had here?

Dreams are your subconscious compartmentalising and filing away the things you've experienced throughout your life. Never really understood why people read into them so much.

Well I know that, they are your subconscious remembers and plays back. Whether it is from a movie you were watching that placed you in the character's spot or an actual memory, it's your mind's way of clearing. But this discussion is more to see what others think and what their opinions of on the subject. I take a scientific stance on it much like you, I was just curious to see what others had to say on it.

Normally, I'm all about science. But lately, I've been going the more mystical route with dreams.

My dreams are usually very bizarre and just flat out weird. I used to write them down in a dream journal and keep track of them. I no longer do that, but some dreams just stick with me.

One of the dreams I had that still sticks is one where I killed a certain amount of people (the number is slipping me... 10 or 12, I think). I remember the distinct feeling that I was more concerned about taking notes of those around me to frame them with the deaths rather than feeling the people's necks snap under my grip. The killing part was very nonchalant and casual. The dream itself moved from one place to another with the ending "scene" being at the beginning of possibly a Bug-Out training camp or some sort of military training camp. We were split into two groups and we each had tickets, kind of like a raffle, that would be used to determine which group we would be in. I remember 'planning' about using the training camp to frame people further and if need be run -- after all we all had packs that had days worth of supplies.

The violence level in my dreams tends to be effected by what stage of the cycle I'm in: manic stage or depressed stage.

When I was younger, I did used to have dreams that came true in a short period of time (ranging from the next day to a week or two). So, in terms of future predicting, I think we lose that ability as we get older. When we are kids, we are more susceptible to it. I've had friends experience the same thing. I also used to have dreams where I would dream of future places and years down the line I'd get a very strong feeling of deja vu to which I would remember the dream I had when I was kid.

We often times dream about things we see, even if we do not remember it, but it's buried deep within our subconscious.

I've always felt a strong spiritual connection to my dreams. When I'm awake, like most of us, I tend to get caught up in material concerns, I hold grudges, forget to be grateful for what I have... For me the dream world is a place where my higher power has my full attention. It is a place where he speaks to me in strange symbols that force me to reflect on my thoughts and actions. Dreams force me to ask myself the toughest questions, and I always find that I come out of of the experience with a little more knowledge about myself.

My dreams come in the following combinations:

A reflection of my current mood, fears, or state of emotional being. (Where I will have "anger" dreams and yell at people in the way I really want to. Or "fear/stress" dreams where I am stuck in a situation that terrifies me. Etc) I have these on a fairly regular basis, and they usually leave me feeling weird for a few days.

A random jumble of things I have thought, experienced, seen, etc all slapped together either in a random hodgepodge of fun stuff, or epically awesome movie-like story lines that I then proceed to steal all the good parts of to make roleplay plots. These are my most common dreams. 8D

And then the really weird Premonition/Astral Projection/something ain't right here/OH GOD OH GOD WHY IS THIS HAPPENING dreams. Those dreams I can pick out because they don't just feel "real" they feel OH FUCK REAL down to the most insane sort of feelings and details. And they do come true, even years down the line when I have forgotten all about them. Luckily these are so rare, I can just try not to think about it. @__@

I rarely ever remember what I dream. If I dream at all, nine times out of ten I have no idea what it's about. So just speaking from personal experience I've never quite bought into this idea that dreams are meaningful or predictive. I mean, if this dream was really meaningful and telling me something, then you'd think I'd actually, y'know, remember it. And the remainder of the dreams I do remember never feel particularly meaningful either, just random collections of strange events that don't make any sense and never seem to to be about anything.

So yeah, you could say I don't really buy into dreams.

I love me some dreams and I doubt it's much of a secret as I talk about them pretty frequently.

I dream lucidly, however unlike some people who just have a natural knack for it, I have to work pretty hard in order to keep the ability healthy. If I shift from the routine, my recall slips a bit. Nothing I can't ever pick back up, but it's a night and day difference of remembering 3-4 dreams a night vs maybe remembering pieces of what I dreamed. It's kinda like staying in shape, if you use the ability it'll stay fresh, if you don't it won't and the longer you don't the harder it gets to get back into shape. If anyone would like info, tips, things to read on the like, PM me. I can talk about this sorta thing for days.

While i don't believe that dreams can be used to predict the future (I haven't ever experienced anything that would make me think otherwise) dreams can absolutely be used to understand yourself (something that's much more difficult than people make it out to be). I tend to think of my brain as a highly advanced computer. While a computer will only sit in the corner collecting dust if you don't use it, the things that it can create and do are really awesome if you take the time to learn certain processes.

Probably one of the most defining moments of my life happened in a dream. In it, I learned that I loved who I am.

Now to start the story I'll need to back track a bit. I am a tattooed man but when I dream I never dream that I have tattoos. It's actually a trick I use to figure out if I'm dreaming or not.

This dream was different and it's the only one like it I've ever had. Due warning, it's -really- disturbing but I can promise it'll make sense by the end of it.

[SPOILI]So I dream of walking into the main entrance of the Local VA hospital in my region with a friend of mine. The friend wasn't anyone in specific but the dream represented the character as having a sense of familiar that dreams often do. So the both of us walk into the facility, check in at the front desk. I tell the clerk that I have an appointment and she directs me and my nameless buddy over to the yonder elevator at one end of the atrium. I make my way over, the elevator opens up and seems to be holding 3 other people inside it. We enter and press the button designated by the clerk.

Instead of operating as an elevator normally would, it decides to go down. However just the floor moves and leaves the rest of the elevator, walls and all, behind. This naturally freaks out everyone on the elevator because at this time we're moving on a platform with no walls suspended above a rather deep elevator shaft. This is about where the conventional aspects of the dream end and the dream takes the turn for the weird.

The elevator shaft is a wide one. Wider than any functional elevator could support. While the platform was standard sized, the shaft seemed to be about 20 square feet by 20 square feet. As we decended, the shaft was lit by a dim red strobe sort of effect that bathed the shaft in an eerie light. The walls of the shaft were covered in blood and globed bits of remains that were so real they still turn my stomach a bit to think about. Along the wall, open doors were littered around the shaft that seemed to lead to long hallways of distorted hospital like settings. At the ends of those hallways were individuals doing things to terrible things to patients of which I won't go into. I can see these things happen, I can hear them happen, I can smell them happen.

Needless to say, everyone on the elevator platform is horrified. While we continue to decend, I'm doing everything I can to try and calm everyone down so no one is accidently knocked from the platform. The people start to get a hold of themselves until the situation gets worse.

A click rings out in the shaft and several dozen or so of these complex mechanical servo arms spider out from the base of the platform. The arms surround us and I can see on the end of each arm is a single tattooing machine vibrating away. The arms begin to descend towards us and panic begins to overwhelm the party. At this point I'm doing everything I can to try and keep these people calm. I tell them it'll be alright, that it'll can't kill them and that the process will only sting, that they have to keep calm and it will be over soon enough.

The servo arms finally descend upon us and I watch these things scribble the words "NEVER DONE" In jagged letters again and again and again over my already tattooed body. I can feel the needles as they run against my skin and I can hear the voices of the rest of the party scream as it goes along. Still, I continue to call out to them and tell them it will be alright. The Servo arms work their way up to the base of my neck and begin to press against my face. Unlike the rest of my body, they press much harder this time. So much so that they physically dig into my skin and begin to flay me alive.

I feel this demonic, evil machine pull my face off and as I'm laying there bleeding I can hear the rest of the party direct every ounce of hate, pain, malice, and contempt from the whole situation direct their fury at me. They blame me for their place here, that it's my fault for telling them it was going to be okay. That I lied to them. That I failed them. I know none of these things are true, but it really hits me hard how quickly those people turned to blame and cast fingers. It's here that the first part of the dream fades out to the cries of the now faceless party.

Then everything changes. The elevator opens back up at the top of the shaft and I'm standing in the darkened remains of a very twisted version of the building I had walked into. Under my arm was the friend I had entered the building with, terrified but with me and unharmed. I had a sense about me that was different. Empowered somehow. I dunno if I was armed, or had superpowers or what, but something changed the whole situation that made me 'bigger' than anything that was there in the dream.

We stepped out of the elevator back into the main atrium of the building that had been corrupted in a similar fashion as the shaft. We walk past the main desk and I see this demonic, blood drenched corruption of a nurse crawl on all all fours over the desk slowly like a spider. She tells me "Blame not the regents of this place for what we have done. We're only doing our job."

I glare her down so much that she backs away and offers me the door to leave the building. I take my friend and make my way towards the exit.

I hear the nurse shuffle behind me as she pulls a dagger from somewhere and throw it at me. I know it's coming, but I don't make any attempt to dodge it. I wake before it hits me.

Or at least I think I do. I wake up to one of those 80's horror movie style dreams where I wake up to the evil things face right in front of mine as it screams at me, WHICH THEN wakes me up really really.
[/SPOILI]

Now despite how crazy fucked up the dream was, this really bugged me for a few hours as I tried to figure out what the hell my mind was on in those hours of sleep. I hadn't had anything that even resembled a nightmare in ages, and the nature of the dream was just so incredibly different. To date I've never had anything that hit me as being that realistic and still to this day I can remember intricate details of the dream, what people were wearing, how the rooms were set up, what color the walls were, the texture of those walls and the like.

I thought really hard on the whole progression for about an hour before I left my room. At that point this realization hit me in the face like a wet blanket.

My mind just created the most physically grotesque situation it could psychologically muster, and then told me I was bigger than it.

The realization was incredibly empowering. That dream was probably what got me so into dreaming, lucidity and the interpretation there of.

Reactions: 1 person
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Well written and well spoken. Thanks for your input Cosmic.

I had a dream that believe it or not had two others dreams that acted as squeals to my first dream.

First Dream (And all of these dreams were very, very realistic. It took me a while to realize that I was walking among the living it was that bad, I felt, heard, smelled, saw...every sense that I had in this dream acted as if I were awake in the real world)

I was going to work as usual but I was taking my best friend with me. We go into my work and I sit down at my desk, doing my paperwork as usual. He sits down at a chair next to me, and the two of us continue on our conversation about criminology, and what crime shows constantly get wrong. I heard the click of something very...distinct. I look up just in time to see the gun pointed at my friend, so without thinking and forgetting that I wasn't wearing protection I had pushed her aside. The shoot rang off and made my ears ring, but I felt...numb. The ringing had gotten too much for me and I passed out.

I woke up on the steps outside my house, and my wife at the time was nowhere to be seen but her car was parked in the driveway. I get up and stumble inside to realize that everybody I knew was inside my living room (how they all fit in there your guess is mine). I was a bit frustrated and very much hurt that they'd leave their unconscious friend (and some of them family member) on the steps without bothering to help him inside. So I begin to ask them why they just ditched me to have a party; but nobody is answering me. Strange. so I begin to pat them, shake them a little, but nothing. So I begin trying to get their attention any way I could, but nothing. Angered I head to my bedroom when paramedics come rushing by me. They burst inside my room and I run after them to only see that there was a bloody corpse of what used to be a man on the bed. Now they even had the nerve to insult me by putting a dead person on my bed. I've told them that if something should happen, call 911. That body had been put there on purpose; he should not have been moved from where he was injured at! But then I look closer and that corpse is me. I fall back into my chair and knew that I had to be dreaming. This wasn't real (maybe that was my minds way of telling me that this wasn't real but at the time I didn't pick up on it). I watch as the paramedics go out of my room (by the way they are not allowed to do this. Again, my mind didn't pick up on the fact that this was a dream). They told my friends and my family that I was dead before they had arrived. So many faces turned from hope to shock, sorrow, or just nothing. I tried so hard to get them to see that I was still here, I even slapped a few but it was no use. They couldn't even feel me hit them. I wonder back into my room and wait for Kate but she never came. She was obviously giving me the cold treatment so I lay down on the chair, not wanting to sleep on the bed. When I wake up the next morning, I could smell the shotgun smoke, and I could hear my ears ringing. Then I look at my chest which has a hole through it, and I realize that I am dead.

I wake up on that note. When i wake up, I even pinch myself but I can't even rely on that. it was until Kate said something to me that I finally came back to reality.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Interesting tip: Pinching yourself is a terrible way to test if you're dreaming. It's exceptionally unreliable.

I'm not gonna dig too deep into that dream, but I can bring up a few things that might change your perspective on the topic. Keep in mind that everything I say is completely my opinion and might have no actual tie to your dream or what it meant. The things I say might give you some incite, but they just as easy might be completely off. As a result take everything with a grain of salt.

Death in dreams is almost never a direct representation of death per se. Rather, death is the most raw form of the concept "Change".

Think about it, can you remember when you first came to understand what death meant? Cause I sure can. As a kid you don't really understand that things are temporary until something teaches you. That something never from that point ever goes back to the way it was. It's the reason the word, the concept and the context there of have so much power.

Considering you yourself was the person that died, I think represents that you yourself are changing in ways that you can't back track on. With the way your family was represented I think it's possible that your family doesn't or can't understand those changes going on in your life. As such, they continue to treat you as per the way they remember you rather than evolve those lines of communication in light of present developments.

Having a sense of smell in dreams is a big deal. The part of your brain that recognizes smell usually does not trigger during REM cycles. Because it's the strongest sense tied to memory, it probably has a great deal to do with how well you recalled the dream.

But all that's just my opinion on the matter. I don't know anything about you so I'm kinda just stabbing in the dark as per personal experiences and stuff I've read.

Really intense imagery that. I'm amused at the conversation in the beginning. My girlfriend is a print examiner for a local forensics department and she constantly complains about how fake CSI and other crime shows are. :P

Yeah, crime shows are called 'shows' for a reason my friend.

Anyways, no you got that at the center. Thank you for you input. I know it didn't mean that I was going to die as much as change. During the time when i had this dream I was going through a very harsh time after one of my foster mothers had passed away from an overdose of a street drug, and I was struggling to grasp what exactly had happened. That happened last year around April, and I couldn't explain death to my four year old with her really knowing what happened to grandma.

While I'm always open to pretty much everything I'm afraid my mind is sometimes very logical unless proven otherwise and none of my dreams seems to have had a point or a connection to anything, the dreams I can remember only stays with for a few minutes after I wake up, sometimes very good dreams leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling or bits and pieces of it that I remember. Even when I dream nightmares, which isn't terribly often it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my mood or recent experiences, they always focus on my fear which is snakes and leaves me paralysed when I wake up because I imagine there are snakes in my bed even though my brain knows there couldn't be anything in my bed except my cat.

When I was young I had this dream that me and another person was high up in a tree in the jungle and every inch was covered with snakes, they slithered over the ground, hung from branches and crawled over each other, we needed to get away so the other person jumped down and started running away across the few snake free spots but when I finally gained enough courage to jump down and followed the person the ground snakes started to fill up the empty spots and when stepped on one and after that I woke up. Another time I have to, for some weird reason, cross a wide canyon with a lian that apparantly doesn't follow the laws of physics and on each of the large pillars that I would pass over is occupied by several large anaconda like snakes. I the third that I rememeber kinda well is that our house is full of snakes, they slither around all our dogs and my parents and up on the furniture.

Those dreams I can remember quite clearly although I have only dreamt them a few times since I was young, in fact I remember every snake dream I've had whther it be the feeling, the entire dream or just details, for some reason it's easier to rememeber the scary dreams than the good ones. I have even tried to get rid of my fear but haven't had any success so I'm satisfied just that I dream mostly good dreams that I barely remember. But it would be nice if my snake dreams actually meant something instead of just torturing my dreams:p