Dream/Life

Ash had to respect that! She herself had loved her own handheld console because it was her own and no one else's, bought with her own savings back when it was still fairly new and expensive, so she had been extra proud, of course it was an early casualty of bullying, broken over her head in fact.
"I totally get that! Maybe I'll get one too... Then we can trade and stuff!"
She declared and did indeed get one, she still had the games!

Not seeing that Mason was talking to someone she ran up from behind to hug him.
"Hey Mason! Me and Ollie both got new handhelds, we are gonna play together... Oh! Umm, sorry, it looks like I interrupted..."
She was suddenly nervous and released him, hands clasped behind her back as she took in the sight of the man.

Oliver was so excited at the prospect of having someone to game with! He loved his friends consoles and their games so this would be even more fun with Ashley.
Mason hadnt really noticed they finished checking out when he felt arms around him, and heard her speak and chuckle. When she let go he turned to her, "Youre fine, babe, I actually wanted you to meet him," he responded and placed his arm around her to pull her forward, "Ash, this is Adrian. He was one of my moms boyfriends when I was born, and hes basically like my dad? He raised and taught me how to speak and basic functions until I was 5. I have seen him since then," Mason then looked at Adrian and chuckled, "Adrian, this is my girlfriend Ashley,"
"Its very nice to meet, miss Ash," Adrian smiled and then stepped forward to give Ashley a slight hug, "I'm glad to see this boy do well for himself," Oliver stood by confused as he didnt know Adrian due to being only 2 at the time. Mason grinned and Adrian spoke about his family waiting, and the two parted ways but Adrian did give Mason his number to message.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
God, being called babe still lit her up like a red lantern, she doubted she'd ever get used to it in front of people... Though she did very much enjoy it! No doubt there.
She yelped quietly as she was pulled forwards, her natural desire was to hide and it showed with the way she looked around as if seeking an escape before finally taking a breath and facing him.
"Umm... Hi! Nice to meet you sir".
The hug was warm though she preferred Mason's.
She did worry about being called by her female name while pretending to be Mike but figured Adrian was trustworthy.

Mason had doubted that Ash would ever see Adrian outside of this interaction. He had his own kids to take care of that where their age when they met, so he was quiet proud. Mason looked down at Ashley to kiss her cheek sweetly, "You must have good blood flow to be red all the time, babe," he sweetly teased her and Mason seemed more kind and loving. As compared to what was someone who was aggressive and shut off from the world.

That comment caused more of a blush than the kiss!
"Y...yeah... I've always blushed really easily, it's one of the things that make bullies target me... I used to hide it with makeup but that went about as well as you'd expect".
A moment later Rebecca found them.
"Hey... That terrible boy is banned from the mall now... But we need to head home, I've got work soon myself, I've already called us an Uber".
She declared, shifting the many bags she held around a little, most of it was things the boys would need though she got a few things for Ash as well.

Mason expected that one and gave a small nod in understanding, when Ashs' mom found them. Seeing the large number of bag, Mason instantly went to take a few from her. Though gave a small look at the bully being banned. Yes he was terrible and rotten, but he hadn't done anything too horrible to stores or the sales people in it. There was many other bullies that lurked or frequented the mall and banning all of them wasn't that much of an option. Still, he didn't mention his own thoughts and gave a small nod. Uber? He has never been in a Uber before nor really heard of them anywhere expect in larger cities, guess they finally got one? Oliver was already trying to figure out how to put the game into his new DS and start to play it with what little battery the DS held.

Ash was pleased personally, She wasn't usually vengeful but that bully specifically had cut her hair with scissors on her third day at school... So she was happy he got a little punishment, especially as he had tried to physically attack them in a public place.
The uber quickly pulled up and made awkward small talk as they headed home, after which Rebecca headed right off to work after telling them to behave and that they could order out for lunch if they liked.
Quickly after getting gone Ash was in a skirt again.

Mason had spent some time sorting out what was his, what was Olivers, and a few things that he assumed to be Ashleys or Rebeccas. He liked to keep his clothes separate as Oliver was a thief of his clothing and the reason why he wore the same thing often. Meanwhile, Oliver was up on the couch playing his new pokemon game and was very excited about it. The black-haired man then went about taking the tags off of the clothing items and even went to search for the washer and dryer to clean them to be worn. That reminded him to ask Rebecca at some point for chores that he could earn money from. After find said washer and dryer, Mason started a load of clothes before going back to the living room and then wondered off into the kitchen. Maybe he could actually cook them dinner for once that wasn't noodles?

Ash left her new handheld to charge in her room and left to claim her new clothing... Though it seemed she would need to wait to wash them, still that was nothing major and she went down to the kitchen to look for something to cook, she had long ago learned to make many dishes as her parents were often busy... And she also genuinely liked cooking! Her goal was to make dinner for the others... And instead she found Mason, presumably with the same intention.
"Umm... H..hi! Mousey..."
She nervously used the nickname, not certain if she was allowed.
"Are you cooking dinner?"

So he thought the person who walked in was Oliver as only he used the nickname. So when he looked at Ashley he felt embarrassed as it was odd to hear nickname from another person. Mason had found some meat and eggs and was just making eggs and sausages, "Uh lunch?" He replied hesitantly, "is it too much of a mess? I can clean it up much easier then,"

"Oh! I was gonna do that... And it's no problem at all, usually I end up cooking cause mama and papa are busy and too much junk food will make me sick..."
She explained, looking over at what he was doing.
"Do you think I could help? It might be fun to cook together..."
Amazingly she wasn't blushing! It seemed at home with just the two of them present in the kitchen she wasn't as easily flustered.

Mason figured that Ash probably cooked for herself often with her parents always being gone, and it was a great skill yet never compared to having dinner with a family. His own specialty laid in making decent food from ramen, spam, and other dollar store items. "Well i found chicken in the fridge already defrosting, and I fund garlic seasoning. So maybe some potatoes with butter and a veggie?"

"Yeah... I can handle that, just leave it to me!"
Ash declared as she got to work, showing an uncharacteristic skill as she worked.
"Oh yeah, I'm not sure if you can like... Influence Lycan... But Iliya wants to see him again..."
Later that night after a delicious dinner Ash went to bed.

Princess Iliya sipped her usual tea as she sat in her private garden, musing over recent developments, the party had quickly fallen apart and even Rheya was keeping her distance, training silently a short distance away.
At the very least things in that strange world in her dreams had improved, the girl she was seemingly linked with having revealed herself, as well as passed on a message for her, hopefully the other world's Rheya had done the same and the others would appear too.

Rheya blamed herself, surely there was more she could do, something to say to calm Agni down or perhaps she could been nicer to Lycan... Or paid more attention and protected the princess!
Hindsight was 20/20 but she couldn't change the past... Just get better and not let it happen again!

The link between Mason and his other world self, Lycan, was a muddled one. They were one in the same, but yet their lives played out differently. So he could try but no guarente. The night came fast and again Mason slept out on the couch rather than the bed. The world of his dream fizzed in and it was very strange. It was like it wasnt fully in view or anything, and Lycan laid in pain. Missing chunks of fur, harsh scabbing of burns and his hurt pride made him curl up. Yet Masons entrance to his waking world was enough for him to stand.
The castle could be seen sitting above the tree line, and was a menacing force but he felt that he should return. Go there and explain himself to the princess and hope that she wasnt dead. The group was his own failure and he needed to try to fix it. So the trek to the castle was long and sort of harder on his wounds, but Lycan remained as the large 7ft wolf. Standing by the gate and staring at it with words to say racing about and making him freeze there. What could be said?

The link between Ash and the princess was not quite one of the same person in two worlds, perhaps there's was a different bond or others were unique and they were the norm, there was hardly any way to test it with how few people seemed to have the links, and she couldn't exactly look for others without seeming mad.
It seemed the choice was out of Lycan's hands about what to say and when or if he entered, as Zephyr came up from behind him.
"Ahh, I was looking for you... The princess has been incredibly worried you know? She's even called for a healer to wait in the garden with her... I have other duties to attend to but I suggest you enter before the guards become suspicious and decide even a Royal guest might be too dangerous to enter".

So he was expecting the royal guards to tell him to fuck off, himself to say fuck off or something along those lines. Not the weirdo fucking shadow that is Zephyr to approach him and tell him to just go inside. That Ilyea had already had a healer come in waits for his arrival, like she knew he was coming. That was fucking weird. Yet Lycan really did not need the likes of the guards to tell him to leave because they felt he was a threat. Guess even just standing like an idiot with huge wounds on his body was a threat to some people. Lycan gave a small nod, but out of habit the massive canine jumped onto the cement wall then down onto the ground. Doors didn't exist it seemed.
Agni looked up when she heard the groan of the cement wall, stone crumbling to the ground, then the thud of a large mass hitting the dirt. She stood up instantly seeing Lycan, as he had been asked to come back to fix her wrong doing, but the shifter didn't seem to acknowledge anyone. Blue fixated on the princess, and he even took up to laying down beside her chair with his large head on his paws. Breathing from the strain and pain of burns that already seemed to be healing on their own. Just large scabs, so not a third or second degree burn at least.

The guards would normally have told him to leave, but had been informed that a wounded wolf shifter would be coming to visit her, and as no one else with rank had countermanded her orders they were forced to allow it, besides, at least some of them had seen Lycan with Iliya before, giving him however much status association with a bastard child earned someone, even if that bastard was technically the heir.
Iliya couldn't help but gently rub Lycan's ears, something she was fairly certain came from Ash for the most part, though a decent chunk was her own concern.
"Poor pup..."
She mumbled as a woman in the garb of a priestess approached.
"Sir Lycan... I have been requested by the princess to heal your wounds, I am skilled at what I do however... There may be some scarring afterwards".

For once Lycan didnt gripe and whine about being touched, his fur was coarser than a normal dogs and much dirtier. When the woman approached his ears went back and he gave a small huff in acceptance. Normally he would let it heal on its own and would scar either way so whatwas the point in arguing. Moving slightly onto his other side for whatever she needed to do. Lycan though just wanted to go home at this point as he found this mightve been a bad idea. Oh if father could see him now. And how pathetic he was at everything.

Iliya didn't mind that his fur was course or dirty... Though she did put together a plan to get him into a nice perfumed bath... She didn't care about his 'wild nature' or pride a wolf... She was going to drag him kicking and screaming into culture!
She continued to stroke as the healer approached, her hands glowing as she channeled healing light through Lycan's body, it would hurt a fair bit as it seemed to dissolve the scabs and age the wounds until they were either nonexistent or mere light scars for the most part, there weren't a lot of healers like that, maybe a couple dozen in the kingdom, Iliya had gone all out.
The healing would leave him incredibly tired out however, which was when Iliya made her move.
"Okay then! It's time for a bath...".

Lycan visibly tensed at the pain, it was a discomfort but he could handle it. This was nothing compared to the beatings he got from his father growing up and was just glad it was over faster than expected. Now at least his fur can regrow now and warm up his damn side. Yet there was the magic words, and his large head shot up. Now with less pain and wounds in wolf form, Lycan reverted back to his human form whether it was his choice or not. Well almost human, seems he was stuck at the halfway point, "Bath! What bath?" He demanded, and his ears went backwords with now able to speak more than a word, "I do not need a bath, by fucking far, and if I do I go home for an hour to bathe," Lycan was not a pet. Yes he may be half dog, but he had thoughts of a human and words to express.