Dream Idols

Interviews! Now there was something Aki was used to, thanks to his previous band. He allowed Haruna to reply first, not really in a mood to do battle with her at the moment. When the camera swung back to him, he smiled sweetly and dropped his arms away from both guitarist and drummer. "I don't have much time for love but I suppose if I were to go on a date, it would have to be some place like a garden. I love the outdoors. As for coffee..." He grinned, rubbing the back of his neck, sheepish look on his face. "I can't stomach it. I love tea many different ways but green with a little honey is the best. Now, if I were stranded on a boat..."

Here Aki paused, stroking his chin with a mock seriousness on his face. "It all depends. If it was for a photoshoot or a video, probably boxer briefs. But if it was just a luxury boat ride, then I can't guarantee that I'll even be wearing any underwear~" Of course he wasn't one to go commando. He was just yanking their chains.

Nao took a step away from Aki once he pulled his arm from his shoulder, scratching his head as he thought about the questions. He'd rather answer these questions in an actual interview but everyone was alreadly getting into it.

"Well~" he started, figuring he was next. "I'm not picky about first dates, or any date really. As long as my date is happy I suppose thats what really matters. Oh, and I like my coffee brewed fresh with the cream and sugar eyeballed just perfect. Theres a place across town that I've been to maybe thousands of times and they have the best brew you can probably get from any shop in Tokyo..." He blinked back to the camera, realizing he was rambling.

"Ah, right, anyway, as for that last question... I don't like boats, or underwear."

"Um... glad to know that everyone likes being naked!"

Wait, that phrase didn't quite come out the way Kaera meant! Before she could correct herself, though, the elevator doors open and she nearly went tilting backwards on to the ground floor's shining marble tile. Kaera righted herself quickly, focusing the camera back where it should be, as she walked backwards to keep them all within the frame.

"Hey Nao, why don't you like the water? Can't you swim?"

Haruna's eyebrow stayed raised as Aki talked about going nude and Nao seemed to agree. Haruna looked to Kaera, half expecting her to squee like the fangirl she appeared to be. Another exasperated sigh came from Haruna but it was quickly replaced with a gasp as Kaera nearly fell out of the elevator onto the marble floor, but she quickly righted herself much to Haruna's relief. Can't go solo with my manager's head cracked open on the lobby floor!

"Careful Kaera-San!" She smiled warmly as she squeezed past the woman and walked into the lobby of the record agency. Haruna expected the blinding amounts of flashes from paparazzi. Instead there were only a few reporters looking to write about the record label's new band. Looks like we aren't famous enough yet... Haruna sighed yet again, turning back to wait for her manager and the rest of the band.

He hated this. Being stuck in an elevator with a lot of people and cameras. He didn't care to pay attention to them, though he did listen to Aki. Leda looked at the floor when Aki said he didn't care to date. The rest he didn't listen to. He didn't care for this stuff. He wanted to be in a band for fun times, not talking about personal life and shit. It was his worst subject, something that he could never really share with anyone. He wasn't going to say anything to the camera. They could all forget it. If it was his personal life, he was going to keep it personal, and he liked it that way.

He heard the elevator doors open, as Kaera almost fell out. Leda giggled to himself. Kaera could be such a hag sometimes. Quite clumsy too. But she could be funny. Though, that wasn't Leda giggled at her. It was because she was the one who asked all the personal questions, he felt glad that she just embarrassed herself. Yes, it was mean, but he wasn't going to let her know anything, and especially if there was a chance of this being in public. Haruna soon exited after Kaera. Leda waited for the rest of them to get out before he did. He would probably end up being the last for everything.

"I don't like boats, or underwear."

The moment the words left Nao's mouth, Aki gave an amused little snort and attempted to force back a grin only a true pervert could wear. And of course Kaera's word blunder didn't help the matter. The corners of his mouth twitched again so he bit the tip of his tongue to stop it.

Once they were free of the elevator, he stepped around the manager and caught up to Haruna. "Matching bra and panties, huh~? I didn't know they have panties that match training bras." His gaze flickered to the woman's chest before looking past her shoulder at the few reporters crossing the lobby.

"Aki-san! How about a statement about your new band?" "Aki-san, is it really over with your other band?" "Hey Aki-san! Do you still have all 26 of your piercings?"

Aki wanted nothing more than to roll his eyes at the reporters and tell them where to go. But instead, he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans and flashed a sexy smile. "I don't think we've decided on a leader, so please don't call Tokyo Asenburi my band," he said politely, smiling all the while. "And sadly yes, my previous band and I have parted ways. Please still support them?"

Ugh. His own words made him want to vomit. He gave Haruna's shoulder a pat and headed for the doors, pausing and turning back only to say, "Oh, and I have 30 piercings now~"

Haruna was caught a bit off guard as Aki came up to her, "Matching bra and panties, huh~? I didn't know they have panties that match training bras." Haruna's eyes widened and she was just about to turn around and smack him with her purse but she noticed the reporters. And they, of course went directly to Aki, much to Haruna's dismay.

Quickly she walked over and joined Aki in the reporter's view, standing next to him but far enough away that rumors wouldn't pin the two of them as dating. She just wanted some screen time too. Aki quickly answered their questions far better then Haruna could've. One response, however earned Aki a few points on her good side, "I don't think we've decided on a leader, so please don't call Tokyo Asenburi my band,"

Haruna couldn't hold back a smile but it was quickly replaced with the irritation he was causing her when he mentioned how many piercings he had. Haruna didn't want to or need to know that. At least I don't talk about my piercings! Haruna sighed, following Aki.

"Do you think we should go to Tokyo Tower? I think at least one of our music videos should have footage there." Haruna said aloud, not talking to anyone in particular.

"Ahem~! Nothing to see here! If you'd like to speak with Tokyo Asenburi you can schedule an appointment with the studio! Thank you, shoo, shoo! HAKUO!" That final name she stated was calling over one of the floor security to scare off the buzzing reporters. Kaera was pleased as pie to have this much attention for her band this soon, but they weren't ready for interviews just yet.

"Hey Kaera-san, do you think Haruna will fail as badly as you did during your big debut?!" shouted one of the reporters as Mister Hakuo was trying to shove them out the door.

The corner of Kaera's eye twitched, but she was still smiling just as bright. "Haha, nice one! No, this bad is excellent, not like silly me!" Grrr. Sometimes she wanted to throw bricks at those guys. She might have too, but that'd be some seriously bad press.

"Okay, so... Tokyo Tower does sound fun! We could get good on the way and get all sorts of great shots."

Leda was leaning against a wall as the rest of the band members were getting interviewed and talking to one another. There was one camera guy come up to him, but he walked away from it. He wasn't in the mood, he was also starving. When were they going to eat? He went to go ask Haruna or Kaera, but apparently they had already decided, because he heard Tokyo Tower and something about getting food along the way. That sounded good to Leda. Food always sounded good. Tokyo Tower wasn't half bad either.

Leda went to Tokyo Tower once before when he was a boy, he went with his father. Tokyo Tower had a great view from he remembered, and it was a great place to learn great things about nature. It was why his father had brought him. Perhaps, going to Tokyo Tower today would help Leda with some of the stuff that was troubling him. It would be a great memory of his father, anyway. Leda sat back again and waited for the rest to get ready to go.

Haruna looked back at Kaera as she shooed away the reporters. They continued their barrage of questions as she did but she couldn't help one directed at Kaera, "Hey Kaera-san, do you think Haruna will fail as badly as you did during your big debut?!" This was news to Haruna, she never knew that Kaera had taken a stab at stardom and had failed but she knew that she would have to prove Kaera's worth as a manager. Once she seperated from Tokyo Asenburi and became a soloist she would show all of Japan that she was great, just like Ayumi Hamasaki, Aya Matsuura, Natsumi Abe even Aya Kamiki!

As she stepped out into the busy Tokyo street she almost had to jump back before being plowed over by a group of school girls rushing to school, Haruna only caught the end of their conversation.

"Ohmigosh! Did you hear about that new band?" One cried out.

"Yeah, I heard they've got these really hot guys and a girl lead singer!" The other replied. The girls' conversation brought a little smile to Haruna's face, people were already talking about them!

"Where to stop to eat Kaera-San? I'm sure there's some great breakfast places near Tokyo Tower!" Haruna smiled, making sure to be in the shot of the camera as much as she could without looking like she was hogging the spotlight.

Click~!

Pulling the cellphone closer to inspect his handiwork, Aki smiled with amusement. He glanced up, found Leda lurking in the back of the group, and waited for him to catch up. "Check it out," he snickered, showing Leda the picture he'd taken of Haruna just as she'd jumped back from the school girls. She had an extremely humorous look on her face. "Gonna post it up on my blog. I'll call it 'Haruna cheats death.'" He tucked the cellphone away then and patted his pockets. Where had he put his cigarettes? He was about to ask Leda if he smoked but at that point, one of the company vans pulled up to the curb and the driver jumped out to open the side door.

"Hey Kaera-chan," Aki voiced once he'd climbed into the very last seat in the back of the van. "Why don't we just eat once we get to the tower? I mean, there's at least one restaurant. And then there's the food court." He'd been to Tokyo Tower a few times, mostly because of his younger brother's love for the small amusement park on the roof of Foot Town and the wax museum inside.

Nao was apparently done wise-cracking and being just plain weird for the moment. He made a seemless transition to electronic junky, responding to a text on his phone, then putting on headphones. He sat in one of the middle seats after the van pulled up, "poke me when we get there," he said to anyone who was listening, then he turned on his mp3 and clicked on his gameboy.

Some people just made it too damn easy~

Aki unbuckled and leaned over the seat, gently pulling one of Nao's headphones away from his ear. "What should I poke you with~?" he murmured, lips pressed to the drummer's ear. He let go of the headphone and sat back in his seat, smugness smeared across his face as he put his seatbelt back on and made himself comfortable.

Haruna sighed as she heard Aki make some underhanded comment about her near-death experience with school-girl trampling. With a sigh she stepped into the van as it screeched up and the doors opened. Hopping into the middle bench seat and sliding over to the window she giggled as she looked at the others as they climbed in and closed the door. The driver took off towards Tokyo Tower nearly giving everyone whiplash.

"HEY! CAREFUL!" Haruna shouted, smacking the driver on the shoulder lightly before smiling and turning to the others. "So Kaera-San, Tokyo Asenburi's first concert is going to be where exactly?"

Leda was standing quietly as Aki came over and showed him the picture on his cell phone. "Heh." Was all Leda let out. Leda watched as the van drove up to get them. He stepped away from the group and let everyone get on first. At this moment a few thoughts ran through his mind. He looked at the ground . The thought of his ex came through his mind. They had never broken up or anything, so was he really called an ex? He had died in a car accident. Leda looked back up for a second to catch a glimpse of Aki. And him, as Leda had seen, was a big attention hog on the stage, that or he was trying to get Haruna angry. He could also be a jerk to most of the band members.
So, why did this Aki guy attract him? He looked like Leda's ex. When Leda first had seen Aki, he really thought it was Daisuke at first. But the rudeness and the difference in Aki's manner changed a lot of that image.

Leda snapped out of his thoughts and looked back up at the van, which apparently was about to leave without him because it had already closed its doors. Leda walked over to it and tapped the glass before opening it. He didn't say anything or look anyone, as he went to the back of the van and sat in a seat farther away from the rest of the band members. Another thought popped into his head. If he was in this band, and was afraid to even show who he really was because it scared him to see someone who looked like Daisuke, then how could he even be in this band? It wasn't impossible if he just did what he had to do at practice and have a good time on stage, but without a relationship with the members, it could easily mess him up.

Leda shook his head and looked down. Even if it did mess him up, it wasn't like he was anywhere far in his life to really effect him, he had already been effected enough from past events. Leda took out his iPod and put the earphones in his ears and put his head back on the seat as he listened to music on the way to Tokyo Tower.

"Well, I think we should first do a public free concert out in the park. We can throw out flyers and have a huge turn out because it's free, but then everyone will fall in love with the music and with our fan service!" Kaera knew that fan service was an important part of the business. A band really needed to make sure they gave the fans all that they could. A concert like that would get them an instant following.

"Anyways, yes! Let's eat at the tower! There's a couple of cafes!" Kaera had the video camera again and was filming each of the band members in the back. Aki's way of teasing his band mates made such great footage!

Nao couldn't pretend not being caught off guard by Aki's sudden comment. He blinked as he turned to stare at the smug look on his fellow band member's face.

"Oh, am I getting a glimce at your true self, Aki-kun~?" He asked with a grin as he turned around in his seat. He looked back to the camera then when he noticed it was pointed his way again, giving it a wide grin and a peace sign before realizing he hasn't paused his game. "Ah! ...I died..." He pouted then.