1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Recently I have been watching creative living spaces. Tiny houses, studio apartments, converted busses. It is quite interesting! What type of (crazy) dreams do you have if not for a conventional house? Would you challenge yourself with the van-life if given the chance and felt bold enough to try it? What creative solutions do you have to small inconveniences that comes with said life style, such as space, hygiene, food?​

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: firejay1
freaking love the idea of Tiny Houses. I have been watching those a lot. But I think that, I am someone who dreams of homesteading, so I don't think that I will go out of the norm. I want to build my own farm and run it one day though.

I am not adventurous enough to live in Tiny Houses / living in vans. I have way too many things; clothes, books, trinkets. I cannot part ways with them, and I don't think a tiny house can fit all those.

Reactions: Nemopedia
Having a towable tiny home or converted bus could be nice. I don't travel much now, but it would give me the chance. Years ago when there were big competitive Magic the Gathering events every other weekend I dreamed about having a tiny home to move around in and follow the circuits. That's probably not coming back though. Whatever I do end up living in, I'd like it to have a real desk and not a laptop nook, a full kitchen, and a place I could invite friends over for a board game night. So a true tiny home might not be likely in my future.

My dream house would be a small 2 or 3 bedroom modern Windsor. I don't need a giant yard, and I don't need an upstairs. I just want enough space to host guests and families for parties, and a pool in the back :D

I have way too many things; clothes, books, trinkets. I cannot part ways with them, and I don't think a tiny house can fit all those.
With smart storage and design it is actually really surprising what amount you can stuff away in a tiny space! Granted, you usually end up having to move stuff around a lot. What I have also noticed is that lots of tiny houses usually build into the height, so storage space also ends up somewhere above you, which is less ideal if you are short.

When I was still a young teen my dream was always to have a vide/loft apartment. No garden, minimal space to clean and etc... I still tend to prefer apartments over houses, if only because I like being in the height and looking down at the streets. If said apartment has a vide/loft type of situation I'm just in love. It gives me a sense of security as well, to be all the way up in the air and knowing that no one can peek into my windows unless they plan on climbing the building.

My idea of space has changed, however. Not because I plan to own so much that I can stuff entire libraries (though that is a dream!) but more because if the pandemic taught me something just the shift of space and the ability to close a space and have it out of view makes it easier to put it out of mind. It is one of the reasons why I keep my professional books and books for the pleasure of reading in separate spaces as well. It also makes it easier to pack guests away. There is just a luxury in the idea of offering a guest a proper room and bed instead of my living room where I may potentially stumble over them.

In a word: palatial

But more land than home because I don't want too many nooks and crannies for people to hide in

But also I do want nooks and crannies to hide in so ideally some sort of tunnel, false wall, hidden room kind of situation too

In HS we had to design a tiny house for a class and I still think I would love it that specific design lol. I'm not sure how feasible any of the designs I made were because I hated physics, but I had a fun lil table that folded up against the wall to block the windows and a very optimistic amount of seating around the house. I also had a ton of storage space (more than my current apartment lol) since I like hoarding things. There was a reading nook that you had to climb up to which combines my two favourite things — being in high places & books.

Also four different sleeping areas partially fir friends but mostly because I like to change up where I sleep sometimes.

Alternatively I've always wanted one of those secret rooms hidden behind a book shelf because they seem neat lol.

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
In HS we had to design a tiny house for a class and I still think I would love it that specific design lol. I'm not sure how feasible any of the designs I made were because I hated physics, but I had a fun lil table that folded up against the wall to block the windows and a very optimistic amount of seating around the house. I also had a ton of storage space (more than my current apartment lol) since I like hoarding things. There was a reading nook that you had to climb up to which combines my two favourite things — being in high places & books.

Also four different sleeping areas partially fir friends but mostly because I like to change up where I sleep sometimes.

Alternatively I've always wanted one of those secret rooms hidden behind a book shelf because they seem neat lol.
I need to see the design of that tiny house because that sounds awesome. 👀

Okay after watching someone doing Cursed Zillow Listing Bingo and seeing the legally-distinct-enough-from Jurassic Park Dinosaur House, I have changed my idea of dream home to Jurassic Park lodge with like a T-Rex skull mounted above the fireplace and dinosaur statues around the property.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
I just want a modest sized house on tons of acres. Lots of big windows for light, and a huge garage for my car obsession. I'd be cool with that.

Something like a hobbit hole with lots of windows and a big garden.

I'm serious. I'm short - maybe not hobbit sized, but I'm pretty close - so everything would be at the right height for me. I'm also pretty klutzy. All the walls and doors and windows are rounded in a hobbit hole, which means no edges to accidentally run into. And they're all one level which is great for me because managing stairs is a hassle and a half.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind living in a big multi-level house with all my friends either as long as it also had lots of big windows to bring in natural light. I spent five years living in various basement apartments with windows I couldn't reach, windows are now a must have for me.

• Haha