Dream Dive Nightmare OOC

Character Bio
Name: Siderious
Source: Original
Status: Resident (approximately 10 years in Nightmare, 5 years in Steam City)
Title: Escaped Slave/Freak
Race/Species: Shadows Vampire
Hair: Short on the sides, slightly longer up top to allow for either spiked or combed style. Hair color is technically white, but he uses the shadows to change the shade to anywhere between pitch and platinum as he desires, for both cosmetic and concealment use.
Eyes: Very pale blue when he's fed, bright, almost lightning blue when he's thirsty
Skin: Pristine white, though he will sometimes darken that with shadows as well for concealment.
Height: 6'1"
Weight: Approximately 160 lbs
History:
Outside of Nightmare, he was a psychology student (Named: Brent Smith). He tried his first dive to explore the psychological ramifications for a paper for one of his classes, and returned more than once for the experience. His fantasy was that of a world where he could help people magnificently, like a super hero. His nightmare began as a pirate slave, but his aptitude for trouble, and feeding on his "masters", got him sold to the Carnival (through a middleman). There he performed shadow theatre and juggling, swords and knives mostly. From the other jugglers he learned to wield his dual rapiers effectively, and throw stilettos accurately.
One Night, after having not fed for a week, he heard scuffling outside and ran out to find two men chasing down and attacking one of the female jugglers after their show. Grabbing two of his juggling rapiers, he ran after them, summoning the shadows to conceal the girl. Two against is hardly good odds, especially not for a hunger-weakened vampire. In his desperation he did the one thing he could think of to save himself and the girl: he attempted to "make" extra allies. Without quite knowing how, he forced the shadows around him to pool on either side, and form into silhouettes, making it appear three men, not one, faced the attackers. Although the silhouettes could do no real damage, they distracted the two men enough for him to kill and feed off one, and the other ran. The girl, amazed, thanked him with wide eyed wonder, and fled to her tent.
He had found his fantasy again, the ability to help others in need. With this knowledge in hand, he tracked down the other assailant to a small domicile in Steam City, and killed him. Taking the space as his own, he vowed to do his best to increase his abilities, and help anyone he could. He took a new name, Siderious, to symbolize his new beginning. That was five years ago, and he still waits and watches, helping whenever possible, mostly in Steam City, but returning to The Carnival or The Sea from time to time.
Personality:
Despite his brash nature when it comes to protecting and rescuing, he identifies best with the "perfect gentleman." Always wearing a well-tailored suit, he will seem to remain calm and collected through almost anything, until he's about to strike. This cool confidence stems from a slightly bloated ego, which outside of Nightmare had always been held in check by a close friend. Instead, although he knows he works better with others, he sates his need for companionship, and a control against his pride, by talking to his favored rapier: Abigail.
Abilities: As with many of his race, he is fast and strong above normal human standards, as well as possessing almost supernatural sensory perception. He is a quick learner and thinker, but no more than any typical student. His ability to control the shadows (and the stealth that goes with it), as well as fight effectively with his rapiers and stilettos are what make him a worthy opponent.
Extras:
He tends to wear one of two types of outfits on any given day. When he's not necessarily expecting a fight, he'll wear his well tailored suit with Abigail strapped to his back over his right shoulder, and a stiletto on his right hip. When he's playing superhero, he wears a black and crimson suit, specially designed with chain mail sewn into the vest, with Abigali strapped to his right shoulder as always, another rapier on his right hip, and three stilettos on his belt around his left hip.

Siderious in one of his "daytime" suits: Picture

Name: Larcei
Source: Main Concept based by video game Character. (Looks, personality.)
Title: Pirate
Race/Species: Human
Hair: Wavy, Shoulder-length, Black, almost purple.
Eyes: Lavender
Skin: White
Height: 5'4
Weight: 90lb

History: Larcei, before diving was the daughter of a man who was a renowned Fencer. Her being is only child, she was taught how to fence like her father and developed many techniques. They grew a close bond and when her father died, she fell into a pit of depression. There was only one time when Larcei was truly happy after her father died was during fencing, as it was the only thing she had left of him.

As the years passed, her mother soon started dating again. Larcei and her mother's relationship was never good. Larcei as a young child afterall chose to take after her father instead of her selfish, easily-jealous mother and it only worsened as her mother's men slowly took advantage of Larcei as well. With the inital depression stacked upon this she ran away. She learned about the dive and so she did around her eighteenth year of life.

During her dive, there was some altercations and complications leaving Larcei's landing hard and rough. The impact wasn't strong enough to kill the girl, but it was enough to give her severe amnesia. When she awoke, not knowing who she was, the only thing that was with her was the memories of fencing and her name.

Live most divers who ended up at sea, Larcei was taken as a pirate slave. She worked grueling hours and horrible conditions while on that ship. But, there was one good part. Well, somewhat.

The pirates of that ship were pretty sick people, they had monthly tournaments of sorts which would be malnourished slave against another equally malnourished slave. Larcei, who managed to get enough food to sustain her small body easily excelled through the fights the moment they handed her the sword. She fought her way to the top, with grace and speed of a bird she was freed from slavery and became a part of the pirate crew that once enslaved her, with the feared title as the Aerial Fencer.

But, the moment everyone's guard went down, Larcei murdered them for enslaving her in the first place. With her speed she took out the bulk of the ship by herself, but she did receive many wounds from the fight. After every pirate on the ship had died and Larcei had gotten her revenge she left the ship and found a job on the Flying Mirage as a simple sellsword. However as she lasted on the ship she grew attached to it and joined the ship as a full-fledged crewmate.

Personality: Larcei at first was cheerful and energetic but as the sad events of her life unfolded she became sullen and quiet. But when she had dived and lost her memories she adapted a strong, independent personality. She doesn't really care what comes out of her mouth and its effects. Very blunt, sometimes comes off a rude.

Abilities: Fencing Mastery, she's good with a sword. Agile, she can move around and bend around. Quickly. Larcei also is very analytic by nature, despite her throwing it to the wind at times when its not urgent.

Extras: This is her appearance~ Lakche is one of my fav. characters in one of my fav. games. Larcei is the english version of Lakche oddly so yeah. Also she is my avatar. xD

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Emblem-Princess-Lakche-177349683

Yaaay! >w< I love the characters [MENTION=4059]Draknus[/MENTION], [MENTION=3536]Rufia[/MENTION]! Welcome to Nightmare! Feel free to enter the game anytime! I'm excited to see them in play.

Oh, and I'll add these awesome charas to the cast after work tomorrow!

Name: Bels Harnei
Title: Pirate Shoreman and First Mate aboard the Materina
Race/Species: Independent Familiar
Hair: Shaggy, nape-length red hair, with fox's ears and tails
Eyes: Brown, vulpine eyes
Skin: Pale skin with scars running across the chest and arms
__fox_tale___by_zefair-d32yrsz.jpg
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 113lbs
History: There's not going to be any sort of story about how his life was all terrible and all in early life. No, he was taken aboard the Materina after a Shoreman Scout asked if he could keep him. Like a pet. Really, dude? He IS still human. I guess. He was raised as a pirate shoreman and became a model scout and geographer. A talkative sort, the crew of the Materina took to him quickly. The only way to get him to shut up would be to either give him a back or send him on a scouting job. Eventually, he became the new Captain's First Mate and Head Shoreman for his favor, voice, and fidelity.
Personality: A happy-go-lucky jabber jaw with a repertoire of jokes under his belt and a tongue made of silver. It's easy to shut him up, though. You just need to give him a book, a map, or a scouting job, and he'll be shut like a lock.
Abilities: Transmute hands and feet into fox's paws, allows for faster running and better combat prowess at the expense of... Having no thumbs.
Extras: I was looking forward to making a comic relief character. I wasn't sure what you had in mind for ships, so I threw in a ship name. Replaceable if necessary. You should post ships-- boats, whatever, let's not talk about our OTP's - on the first post to prevent any confusion from stuff like this again.

Any comments on my first post? ^__^ I wanted it to be a good introduction to my character ^__^

Ooo! I love the character, @VerbalAbuse! =D And that is a great idea! I think I'll do that!

[MENTION=1919]SuperOtaku[/MENTION] Great into, indeed! >w< I'm very excited to have him back on the Flying Mirage! ... That is... if Captain Tanahii approves. XD Lol! Regardless, I'm sure he'll have some fun catching up with Sydius!

Actually, great posts everyone! =D Sorry I've been away! I'll try to post tomorrow! <33

Name: Myra Jarrah

Title: Sydius' soon to be Pirate Slave upon the Flying Mirage

Race/Species: Datean [Day-Shee-Ahn]

Hair: Her hair is long, silky, and brown to match the hues of the earth.

Eyes: Her eyes are bright, shining, and clear to symbolize the ocean.

Skin: Her skin is an olive yellow that could be compared to the sun and stars.

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Weight: 185 pounds

History: Myra was born here from a rare 'glitch' in the galaxy and from the time of her birth, was instantly on her own. However, because of her good looks, it meant that she was never without help if she needed it. Myra is, and always will be, a Pirate Slave. Although she has the title of a 'slave', Myra has been more of a faithful confidant and special guest on the ship, Delilah. Delilah was a small band of Pirates that roamed around the upper hemisphere toward the colder regions. Twas a family business and had done well forever until a descendant ruined the streak of success by killing off all his crewmen and surrendering over to a rival band of pirates. Myra was only able to escape because she had been on land, away from the ship whenever the massacre occurred. Years after the incident, Myra discovered that the traitor had soon succumb to the same fate of his crew a few days later after the rival had gotten what they needed. Not long after, Myra began searching for work, and not able to find much of it. The most Myra found, was cleaning ships that docked and though she had the job of a peasant, she still made sure to keep up with her looks.

Personality: Myra has the courage of a thousand demons but the heart of rose which, at any moment, can turn as prickly and venomous as any thorn. However, she does keep arms open for anyone who comes along, is sure not to turn away a beckoning soul, and is always open to new experiences and travel. Her skills are limited but, what she can do, she is very good at it. Her most valued skill, however, is that she will listen but, not a word will leave her lips as not a sound left the monks as they lit themselves on fire as protest. She is one to feel love but not show it beyond being a friend. But most of all, her actions always smooth, quiet, and reserved like that of a dignified lady.

Abilities: Healing, Light/Earth/Water manipulation, Meditative shield, Noise Cancellation

Extras:

MyraJarrah_zpsa7b20f1a.png

Awesome character, [MENTION=3791]Ella Bailey[/MENTION] And sorry I haven't been around! A lot of unexpected craziness went down! >.< Anyhoo, I'm back and will be back to posting this tomorrow! =D

Question! Should we title our posts to show where we are now that our group has gotten larger, just to avoid unnecessary confusion?

I will be regardless but I thought I would ask/suggest it here first...

Question! Should we title our posts to show where we are now that our group has gotten larger, just to avoid unnecessary confusion?

I will be regardless but I thought I would ask/suggest it here first...

I think that would be great! :3 It will definitely help to keep things from getting confusing.

And all the cast is on the first page and the summary is caught up! =D If I forgot anything, please lemme know! <3

Sorry I've been absent. [MENTION=697]Christina-Arisa[/MENTION] , are you still going to have your alchemist take my character as your familiar?

Yeh.. Hopefully it picks up again soon. D: I just started the Role play... 3:

I am just saying I'm still here, but I have nothing to really say. =)

I will always be here! My characters are always interacting with others and the person always disappears for a while so I get stuck waiting Q_Q But I like interaction! I guess I will have to get my character moving on her own then...

If no one responds soon, I'll take control of their character for a post or two to get things rolling again. :3 Maybe I'll shoot them a PM first to see if they're still interested.

Sorry I disappeared for a... while there. My laptop got a virus, a really nasty one and I had to wait for someone to fix it. Thankfully I didn't miss too much and my character is kinda walking around by herself at the moment anyways.... I'm back. (Sorry I tend to rant a little)

Sorry I disappeared for a... while there. My laptop got a virus, a really nasty one and I had to wait for someone to fix it. Thankfully I didn't miss too much and my character is kinda walking around by herself at the moment anyways.... I'm back. (Sorry I tend to rant a little)

Sorry to hear about your laptop. D= That's always rough. No worries, btw. :3 I feel bad for Lisani, after all, she's going to have Sydius and Myra trying to capture her. XD Starting with my next post, actually, lol!

WOOT! :D -don't worry. Myra isn't cold blooded like Sydius. XD She is usually just there for the ride and giving/getting him the items he needs.- 83