Drawing Your Characters!

Woah. I can see you filled up pretty fast, makes sense because you're amazing, but hope you still have room.

Name: Ayako Kamiya
Reference pictures: Maybe this, but without the tattoos or nose piercing. This also works, but longer hair.
Appearance: A Japanese girl with sharp features, somewhat small dark eyes and thin lips. Her hair is black and she keeps it in a ponytail with a dark green ribbon tied into a bow, but it is naturally somewhat wavy/curly. A thin strip of her hair on the right side of her head is braided, but that's also put into the ponytail, so it's up to you whether or not to draw it in. Strong and wiry, she isn’t buff, but has slightly tanned skin and a somewhat muscular definition. She usually wears dark-colored cropped tops that are loose with a sports bra underneath, and ragged denim shorts. She also has a loose, black leather belt with silver studs in it. She wears long, comfortable, black boots. She tends to have a severe look on her face. She has good posture and holds herself confidently.
Personality: Blunt, unemotional, quietly bossy.
Other: She has a younger sister who is brought and cheerful and in some ways her opposite in personality, but also in powers, since in every universe I put her in Ayako has death, poison, or sickness powers, whereas her sister has plant powers. This is a decent approximation of her sister.

She also carries a naginata, a Japanese pole sword like this: Naginata, but it's up to you whether or not to include it.

Your character looks quite adorable. <3 I'll be honest that I didn't like how this came out, but I am trying to improve on my skill. TwT

Ayako.png

Guh, your art is so great! Would it be alright if I requested another bab? :x Feel free to say no! I read your rules and only saw one character per request, but I might have missed something about one request per person. 8D; I'm a little (very) derpy.

Your character looks quite adorable. <3 I'll be honest that I didn't like how this came out, but I am trying to improve on my skill. TwT

View attachment 165938
Not precisely how I envisioned her either, but still really good. XD I mean it sincerely. *humming with excitement. AND I AM ALSO WONDERING ABOUT MOODY'S QUESTION.

Not precisely how I envisioned her either, but still really good. XD I mean it sincerely. *humming with excitement. AND I AM ALSO WONDERING ABOUT MOODY'S QUESTION.
Guh, your art is so great! Would it be alright if I requested another bab? :x Feel free to say no! I read your rules and only saw one character per request, but I might have missed something about one request per person. 8D; I'm a little (very) derpy.
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO MOODY'S QUESTION

• Love
Reactions: Ryeniumine
SO NICE
I would love for you to draw some of mine, so I am also interested in that question.
Until then, here is an application for one!

Name: Sable Mereworth
Reference pictures: Album found here
Appearance: copy/pasted because I'm a lazy butt
Sable has a continuously shadowy look about him. Despite lighting, he always seems to have a darker aura around himself. Whether this is due to his origins, or due to the human soul asserting its presence, nobody is for sure. Sable has matching crimson hair and eyes. His hair is silky, and comes to his mid back in length. It is perpetually a certain length and never grows longer. If cut off, it will be grown back by the next day. This causes him mild discomfort. Sable's eyes are crimson, and do not sparkle with life as people would expect. He is often wearing a neutral expression, but smiles are also common.

Sable stands at 190 centimeters and weighs roughly 70 kilograms. He has a slight frame and little muscle. His skin is porcelain white. On his left eye, he has a rather deep scar reaching from the middle of his forehead to the top of his cheek. He has various scars across his torso that appear to be given by a blade and claws.
Personality: Considerate, Optimistic, Charming, Stoic, Reserved, Determined, Impulsive, Malevolent, Possessive
Other:
He generally wears a button-up shirt in some neutral color like white, grey, or black. Black slacks are a staple of what he wears as pants. If you wanted to try drawing a tie, he sometimes wears a red one.

He's a demon but a nice one. Definitely don't draw him as looking evil please. He's a precious cinnamon roll.

His powers involve shadows and stuff, if wanted to do anything with that but very not required.

Lemme know if you need anything else, your stuff is very cool!

• Love
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO MOODY'S QUESTION

Good question! I actually didn't mention the limit of requests per person, which means that it's a yes. You can request another bab. ^w^

• Love
Reactions: firejay1 and noodle
Good question! I actually didn't mention the limit of requests per person, which means that it's a yes. You can request another bab. ^w^
Awesome! And I just have one more question....are you willing to draw bigger animalistic features than horns, such as wings, on a character?

• Love
Yee! Thank you!

Name:
Jade Mortimer-Senate.

Reference pictures:
7361341_9D60LIOxDmaKHLm.png

7361346_9LIURVs0xGw1Ta3.png

Appearance:
This unusually small girl has a large head and even larger red eyes with their unusually big irises and flexible pupils. Naturally pouty lips and a smallish nose make her look younger than her thirteen years, but the dark circles under her eyes and her natural pallor give the impression of a haunted girl.

The girl's very narrow bones give her thinness a lack of boniness, and lend her seeming unnatural lightness, though her bones are surprisingly difficult to break. Her tiny stature makes her look even younger than her facial proportions, as well.

Jade prefers to wear reds and blacks, and keeps her long, thick, wavy blond hair unbound.

Personality:
Quiet.
Inquisitive.
Depressed.

Other:
Her anatomy is a little strange, because she's half bird-alien and half human. Her bones are thinner, giving her more slender shoulders, body, and limbs, but her head is larger, and her eyes are especially large, with bigger irises than most humans have.
This image of her older self shows off a lot of how I imagine her facial structure. The version of her I'm asking you to draw doesn't have the scar. =)

Awesome! And I just have one more question....are you willing to draw bigger animalistic features than horns, such as wings, on a character?

Yes! I've been waiting on requests for characters like that (even anthromorphic or cyber-related stuff, basically anything. I just really want to draw things outside of my comfort zone!). OwO

The only characters I won't be drawing are those that are NSFW.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
EPIC, THANKS :D

Name: Zariah Thyrule
Reference Pictures:
sketch_girl_with_dragon_wings__critique_needed__by_badpeople-d9299yx.png

ead81904674b3d9bc535395c42cc73f7.jpg

571207_wookmark.png
Appearance: Zariah is on the short side, around 5' 4". Her canines are elongated, almost fangs. More often than not, she wears simple tribal clothing- long tunics and soft pants with earth tones that allow ease of movement and flight. She never wears shoes, choosing to go barefoot most of the time, and usually has her naginata strapped to her back if she's not using it. She wears minimal (and optional!) jewelry, only a simple gold chain with a red circular pendant and a gold bracelet that looks as if it were woven with golden wire.
Personality: Stubborn, Fierce, Protective, Fighter
Other: She comes from a large tribe of isolated dragon hybrids called Syrinn that live in a hollowed out volcano. Despite being fourth in line for the throne, she isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty. In fact, she and her older sister are huntresses, each of them in charge of a small band of other hunters that provide much of the meat her people eat.

I usually use her in a specific plot, one that involves her tribe being all but erradicated by a rival kingdom and then her getting captured by the prince of said kingdom and forced to be his servant (or sometimes put in an arranged marriage that neither of them are happy about).

Last edited:
Yes! I've been waiting on requests for characters like that (even anthromorphic or cyber-related stuff, basically anything. I just really want to draw things outside of my comfort zone!). OwO

The only characters I won't be drawing are those that are NSFW.
... Oooh... I'mma keep that in mind. ;3

• Love
Name: Aimi Kamiya
Reference pictures: This is not bad, as well as the few photos attached.
Appearance: Younger sister to Ayako, she has a similar face shape, but softer, rounder features, still has somewhat small dark eyes and thin lips. Her hair is black and relatively straight, and she keeps it loose and free, so it falls a little past her shoulders. A thin strip of her hair on the left side of her head is braided with a red ribbon to make something of a color accent in her hair. With classic little sister syndrome, she's pretty carefree and rarely seen without a reassuring smile, holding herself casually, though her posture is decent. She likes to wear plan white T-shirts, khaki shorts, and gladiator sandals, which are not the most flattering of combinations, but she doesn't mind what anyone thinks of it.
Personality: Cheerful, thoughtful, at times childish.
Other: Nothing comes to mind.

Attachments

• 20fa3eefaf456716582f7ba403c6ac1a.jpg
    20fa3eefaf456716582f7ba403c6ac1a.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 92dbcd360606946971b829f333b1e410.jpg
    92dbcd360606946971b829f333b1e410.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
Oooo~ Maybe a moth-girl'll be a little outside your comfort zone and suffice? :D

Name: Rhîw
Reference pictures:
8229780_8JjoeRhZbVh65hT.png

8229796_Qvynw7kXBaGsI2Y.png

She's missing her antenna and feathers in the second, though! :<)
Appearance: Rhîw stands 5'9", with a lithe build and almost no curves to speak of. Her skin is pale and features rather sharp. Most strikingly, Rhîw has no mouth, and her nose is just simply a pair of slit nostrils. From about where the ears of your standard human would come, are fluffy, silver-blue feathers that flutter with her emotions and the like. Her eyes are a similar shade of icy blue, the pupils just a shade darker than the iris and her eyes are surrounded by sky blue eyeliner. Her hair continues the trend of being a silvery-blue, matching the feathers, reaching just to the nape of her neck and her bangs are swept off to one side. Two long antennas that look like feathers poke up from her hair, just above her forehead. (The bases of which are probably right at her hairline.)

From her back emerge wings that resemble those of a dragonfly, and her attire typically is designed to avoid interfering with the wings.
Personality: Quiet, Curious, and Friendly
Other: She speaks telepathically, and carries a little tablet around with her that normally talks for her before she gets to the point of asking someone if she can talk to them telepathically.

is there anybody here who can draw a human assassin character? pm me and ill give you the details

SO NICE
I would love for you to draw some of mine, so I am also interested in that question.
Until then, here is an application for one!

Name: Sable Mereworth
Reference pictures: Album found here
Appearance: copy/pasted because I'm a lazy butt
Sable has a continuously shadowy look about him. Despite lighting, he always seems to have a darker aura around himself. Whether this is due to his origins, or due to the human soul asserting its presence, nobody is for sure. Sable has matching crimson hair and eyes. His hair is silky, and comes to his mid back in length. It is perpetually a certain length and never grows longer. If cut off, it will be grown back by the next day. This causes him mild discomfort. Sable's eyes are crimson, and do not sparkle with life as people would expect. He is often wearing a neutral expression, but smiles are also common.

Sable stands at 190 centimeters and weighs roughly 70 kilograms. He has a slight frame and little muscle. His skin is porcelain white. On his left eye, he has a rather deep scar reaching from the middle of his forehead to the top of his cheek. He has various scars across his torso that appear to be given by a blade and claws.
Personality: Considerate, Optimistic, Charming, Stoic, Reserved, Determined, Impulsive, Malevolent, Possessive
Other:
He generally wears a button-up shirt in some neutral color like white, grey, or black. Black slacks are a staple of what he wears as pants. If you wanted to try drawing a tie, he sometimes wears a red one.

He's a demon but a nice one. Definitely don't draw him as looking evil please. He's a precious cinnamon roll.

His powers involve shadows and stuff, if wanted to do anything with that but very not required.

Lemme know if you need anything else, your stuff is very cool!

Here you go!

Sable.png

• Love
Reactions: Tarieles
is there anybody here who can draw a human assassin character? pm me and ill give you the details
Wow, you're new around here. First off, welcome to Iwaku! And second, do read my first post of this thread to get what this is all about.

• Love
Hi! I absolutely adore your art, and the varied styles are all adorable, and really show your talent! I hope you continue to draw, and more importantly continue to love drawing. ^.^

I have a couple things I would love to request, but since it's one character per request, I will just start with the most important. xD

This might be a little strange in terms of references, so I'll give a bit of explanation: I had this rp idea on another site, pokemon magical girls, and I haven't been able to find a Gijinka I like aside from legendaries, and a friend of mine wanted me to move it over here, but since no existing Gijinka fit's my mind for a character, I can't, and hopefully you can help, and since you want to practice different things and get out of comfort zones, this may be the perfect opportunity for us both. :D

Name: I'll be honest, she lacks a name atm. Let's just call her Blitzle for now, since that's the pokemon she'll be based off.

Reference pictures:
This is the best Blitzle Gijinka I could find, and to be honest, while it is cute, I actually don't find it very fitting.
XwslBEM.jpg
This the gijinka of the evolved form of Blitzle, and it's important to this request despite not being the same pokemon.
p4B3Aao.jpg
oLOBf5a.jpg
AzAmJXJ.jpg

Z9ZvXyM.jpg
WNHOflJ.jpg
FSIpC6R.jpg
MV6laFx.jpg

Appearance: Okay, so here's where it get's a bit weird, I don't want your 'everyday' gijinka where everything about the character is based on the pokemon, while it will hopefully retain that theme, I'd love it if it had a magical girl feel, rather than just a personified pokemon feel.
Hair - I find the lightning bolt mane a little weird, while it looks natural on the pokemon itself, I don't feel it would actually fit a gijinka, so I'm thinking more just a combo white/black hair would be adorable, while also fitting the gijinka theme. I've included three different style references, because I would love if you could give her style 1, with style 2 or 3's bangs. Of course, I would be just as happy if you only used the one.

Eyes - The eyes of the pokemon are blue, with a sort of yellow patch over them, in the evolution gijinka(which I plan to use later on in the rp) has it as yellow eyes with blue pupils, it would be amazing if you could duplicate this for her.

Stature - In my mind, a Blitzle/Zebstrika gijinka would be a close range fighter, but more of a lithe, agile one instead of bulky, to this end she'll have a somewhat small frame. The Blitzle gijinka reference I shared is a good idea of the general frame I picture.

Skin - Her skin would best be described as fair, not pale but also not too tanned. The Zebstrika reference should give you a good idea of what I mean.

Outfit - Outfit One reference is sorta what I'm going for, but with more of a black/white color theme instead of red/white. I have included another outfit reference however, as I like it too(without the hat/headband thing) and with a black/white color scheme it could look good as well, you have plenty of room here for your artistic input, should you feel something else would look better, you can have creative reign with the outfit, as long as it has a magical girl-esque appearance and is black/white colors.

Outfit extended - This isn't too important, and more is an 'if you want to', but I included a D.va magical outfit reference for one reason, the headphones. I think it would be great to give em a new color scheme(I'm sure by now you know the colors), and take out the wings, if you could replace them with white lightning bolts, that would be amazing. Of course, as I said, this part of the outfit is more if you feel like it.

Personality: Usually these detail's come to me once I find a fitting image, but I'll see if my mind will cooperate and plan properly. *ahem* I do believe she'll be a bit hot-headed, quick to act and such, caring, and somewhere inbetween happy and serious. (Is this confusing? I can probably try and compile more coherent thoughts if it is.)

Other:
You said to be specific with description, and I was...I uh...apolagize if it's a bit too specific, I fully believe in giving artists creative reign over a lot of aspects, and with that in mind, my only big solid requirement, is the magical girl-esque feel, and the black/white color scheme.

Hi there, are you still taking requests by any chance? I have a backlog of anthro characters I could pick from if you want out of your comfort zone :D I'd totally understand if you're not taking more though, it's been a while since the last post owo;