• Hah, nah.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Compunction

Original poster
Hello hello!! So basically, I have always struggled with drawing. Especially with women, or perhaps it's better to say more feminine faces? Oh also, blood trigger warning for the second image!!

Here's the OC I drew back in, oh, September?
image.jpeg
I had many unsatisfactory issues with it, but majorly, she didn't come off as female? I mean, people have seen my art on many boards/in my journal/etc. and very few people regarded her as well, her. I got many comments of "man/boy/he/him/etc." and I was a bit disappointed—not in the fact that she didn't look traditionally female, but I did try to tip off that she was.

In any case, my apologies for the rambling, I redrew her this afternoon and I can't say I'm any happier?
image.jpeg
I've been told multiple times that I need to make my women more feminine hah, so that's what I came here for! I was looking for some tips/etc. to help me improve on making characters look more feminine. However I would like to make a point that her nose shape and slim face are deliberate. I hope it's not too much to ask but anything from tips to critiques and comments are helpful!!

You don't have to make your women more feminine if you don't want to.

However, the general guide for more "feminine" faces are big eyes, small noses, big lips and rounder cheeks/chin.

I guess the hairstyle is also the reason she's considered more masculine. Perhaps if it was slightly tidier or more "formed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.