Drawing RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :D

I also vote for a fantasy dream world.... (If that counts for anything.....)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Well, that was easy.

So, as for the Plot... Since it's a dream world which means we can have pretty much anything, the most prominent issue is therefore going to be why it's a dream world, and why pretty much anything is in it. I don't usually do dream worlds I'll admit, so this is a stab in the dark; I have no idea whether it's a good idea or not, but what if:

Someone had developed a piece of technology that allows you to go into people's dreams Inception style (although only allowed viewing, not editing), and marketed it as the next generation in entertainment - for £500, you could watch people's dreams. Before long, someone figured out how to store the dreams as data, and had made a living network out of the technology - sort of like an Internet 2.0, but where instead of sitting at a monitor, you actually go inside the network?

This would end up a kind of parallel Earth that replicates normal Earth in most ways (dreams are represented by buildings, for example, and to visit the dream you enter the building.) Think of it as similar to The Infosphere from Futurama, or that episode of Southpark where Stan gets sucked into Facebook, except instead of websites, you go there to experience dreams.

The plot would then revolve around a terrorist organisation that was using these dreams to wreak havoc on civilisation by drawing fantastical beasts and laws from random dreams.

Of course, I realise that this is more sci-fi than fantasy at this point, so if anyone has another idea that better sticks to the fantasy theme I'd welcome it.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I really like that idea. It's interesting. I don't have any plot ideas myself... sorry.

My idea is kind of like Karakui's except it's more of like doctors trying to learn more about what coma patients experience, so they create technology to enter their dreams, however the technology also allows the coma patients to become somewhat aware of themselves and other coma patients (although they still can't wake up) so they can travel between dreams. There isn't really much conflict really, unless someone's dreams are super messed up and have monsters and stuff. AND OOH! It would be like the dreams start to fuse together to create one big crazy wonderland that the doctors get trapped in and have to escape from by finding the headquarters of each dream and speaking to the creators of the dreams (the coma patients). Sorry if that makes no sense. O.O

• Love
Reactions: Karakui
My idea is kind of like Karakui's except it's more of like doctors trying to learn more about what coma patients experience, so they create technology to enter their dreams, however the technology also allows the coma patients to become somewhat aware of themselves and other coma patients (although they still can't wake up) so they can travel between dreams. There isn't really much conflict really, unless someone's dreams are super messed up and have monsters and stuff. AND OOH! It would be like the dreams start to fuse together to create one big crazy wonderland that the doctors get trapped in and have to escape from by finding the headquarters of each dream and speaking to the creators of the dreams (the coma patients). Sorry if that makes no sense. O.O

Both ideas are great! I think yours in particular will allow for communication between characters and create this crazy wonderland of different dreams ^^

Makes me want to create a character who has frequent night terrors

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I love this idea, it's amazing! You know that's meaningful because I rarely praise other people. You have talent.

Side note though, and purely as a point of interest, not a criticism or anything, but you should look up some anecdotes of the experiences of coma patients, they're really fascinating. It seems that in general, coma patients actually are aware of their surroundings but in very unusual ways. They don't really hear the voices or anything but they can be integrated weirdly into the dream, perhaps as words written on a wall or something. Maybe there could be a way to integrate this into the setting?

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I am honestly cool with whatever. If it's a plot that's a little outside my comfort zone, that's fine with me. I've been needing to branch out a bit, anyways. :3

I'd like to see where this heads.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
I love this idea, it's amazing! You know that's meaningful because I rarely praise other people. You have talent.

Side note though, and purely as a point of interest, not a criticism or anything, but you should look up some anecdotes of the experiences of coma patients, they're really fascinating. It seems that in general, coma patients actually are aware of their surroundings but in very unusual ways. They don't really hear the voices or anything but they can be integrated weirdly into the dream, perhaps as words written on a wall or something. Maybe there could be a way to integrate this into the setting?
That sounds cool thanks for the information! Honestly my knowledge of coma patients and their inner workings comes from tv and YA books. XD

So everyone agrees on a fantasy Dream Wonderland kind of thing? So I can make the OOC and Sign ups c:

So, I might be able to come online a couple times the 9th-19th. Hopefully I'm not too busy. :D

Well the overall lack of objection does seem to suggest that dream-thingy be the favourite of the 2 suggested settings which were very similar :P

Seeing as how there aren't any objections, I'll be making the OOC ^^

Reactions: fantasy
Status
Not open for further replies.