Drama in Roleplaying (OOC Wise)

Have you been a victim of Drama Related OOC?

• Yes

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm easily butthurt when it comes to people poking fun at my writing. ; ^; So that pretty much sums up the kind of drama I end up involved in and it's usually just me going "You're mean! I'm hurt! I quit life!" and sulking for a month or two. I don't easily get over things like that. x_x;

Even though I'm on staff, I don't really get involved with the drama cases. I don't know how to deal with drama well. :|

Reactions: Fijoli
@Variable X
I may have read this wrong but are you saying you purposely fake a relationship with someone online and lie about yourself and personal details in the name of science?

The reason I joined Iwaku in the first place was the hopes that drama wouldn't follow me here. You see, I'm a bit of a scientist when it comes to OOC "relationships".

I've faked age, gender, interests, just to play out my experiments and see what would become of it.

Long story short: I've seen my fair share of drama.
Not to be rude, but I find this despicable.

You make a point of creating drama by faking personal details, then you complain about drama following you? Ever given it a thought that perhaps other people are not the problem? Just saying.

This upsets me so much. You decided to be an adult, voice questions or concerns in an adult manner in a way in which you hoped things could be resolved to some degree, counting on a level of propriety and trust. Then you got fucked.

While this is true, it mostly only applies to voicing said thoughts to the person causing the issue. Let's say Stacy and Sarah are having problems with each other. Stacy is mature. She says to Sarah, "I have problems with your X and I'm not sure if we can still be friends".
But if Sarah went to their mutual friend Becky and said, "I have problems with Stacy's X and it might mean we can't be friends", Sarah would probably not be thought of as mature. She's not presenting solutions, she's spreading the problem around to other people. Now, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to talk with other people before confronting the person with the issue, but I don't know if talking to a third person about issues you have with someone is an adult way to handle a problem.
Now it was still immature and stupid to ban a person for doing something like that, but it usually takes two to make a problem.

...you complain about drama following you? Ever given it a thought that perhaps other people are not the problem? Just saying.

This is what I was saying earlier. I've never met anyone who drama "follows". Drama doesn't spontaneously appear, it's a purposeful action.

I don't see how talking to someone else isn't an adult thing to do. If it's gossip and you are just wanting someone to mirror your negative emotions, that's one thing. But if you are having trouble sorting out your emotions and thoughts it would be good to have someone to talk to about them. So that if and when you confront the other person you have a clearer mind.

We are not debating what drama is in this thread, we are sharing our drama moments to discuss a better understanding for each other and drama itself not pick each other apart over how we choose to handle it and what we believe things to be.

We aren't here to judge people for speaking up and asking questions or sharing their life experiences. We are here to have fun and learn shit. Mid as we'll learn from each other amiright?!

Right so let's get back on track!

@Variable X ,did you learn something from this thread? Anything positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.