Drama Camp!

P

PattyPixie

Original poster
“Welcome Campers!” An over-ecstatic male voice said over the extremely packed auditoriums sound system. A spotlight came down and a man came out on stage in a shirt that said “DRAMA CAMP!”
“Hello! I'm your Director, Julian Fairbanks.” He sharply put his hands in the air and the rest of the stage lit up. “I will be your Director for the next few weeks, teaching you everything you need to know about how to perform on and off the stage,” he said, winking with a grand smile of his face. He ran offstage quickly and came out with a black cloak on. “"I can tell you the secrets of the artful beguilement of the crowd, how to dazzle their minds with purest emotion. I can show you the road to fame, the path to glory, and prolong your careers by years." Suddenly, the lights came down and he walked offstage again, a older woman coming onstage. Then, this happened:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B3zU2IcVzbc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

After the planted people stopped clapping, the room fell silent. The sound guys played a cricket track, and Sydney was exceptionally confused.
"What the hell just happened?" She asked, rhetorically.
"I have no idea," The girl next to her replied.
"I didn't ask YOU," Sydney said, sneering. The director got down and smiled.
"You will find your room assignments in your packet that you obtained at registration. Have Fuuu-un!" He said, skipping offstage, leaving the audience dumbstruck.

Not everyone had been clapping, or even paying attention. Chase sat, arms folded, eyes wondering the crowd, iPod on ful volume on his ears. The only thing worse than being sent to drama camp and to sleep in the same room as drama geeks was arriving in time for drama camp orientation. As the crowd started to stand he stood with them. He raced ahead reaching his assigned room first and immediately threw his bag onto the closest bed and lay down on another. Whoever came in after him would have to overcome closed eyes and the blaring iPod to get through to him, The sooner summer was over the better.

Dario Vencinto listened only half way as the Director made his welcome speech. The other half of his attention was focused on the many beautiful girls that sat all around the auditorium. He was silently rating them on a scale of 1-10 in his head, 5, 8, 6, 4, 7, 10!. His eyes fell upon a strikingly beautiful girl who had all the right things in all the right places. She was amazing, easily the cutest girl in the room. Just as he was engaging in an R rated fantasy involving himself and the girl he was snapped back to reality by a loud explosion of music. The stage had erupted into song and dance as their new, Highly energetic director busted a move. Darios eyes were fixed on the act, what an weird way to welcome people to camp, he thought, but then again this was drama camp and to Dario everything was new and exciting.

When the "show" finally came to an end the sound of crickets filled the room. The director, Julian Fairbanks, stated that their assigned rooms were in their registration packet. Dario fished the packet out of his things and saw he was in a room with someone named Mike with whom he had never met. Dario didn't mind though he loved meeting new people.

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

At the theatrical display, Summer had been blinking in wide-eyed wonderment. It was flashy, musical, and so totally gay! Once it was over, she was clapping up a storm - at least until she realized she was about the only one doing it.

Coughing, Summer whipped out her purse (pink and faux fur. Super adorable!), and was digging around for her introductory packet. Her bunk-mate was supposed to be someone called Daisy. Haha! Summer and Daisy! That was cute! Obviously, she was going to get off to a great start and have a best friend already.

In the meantime, there was eye-candy everywhere! Summer loved the acting scene, and this was why! Cutest boys in the universe were walking all over the place. In fact she found the view so distracting, Summer ended up walking face first in to the camp's flagpole. Balls! Rubbing her shoulder and scowling at her own lack of attentiveness, Summer only prayed that none of the cute boys saw it.
[/bg]

Cameron had chosen to sit at the back of the auditorium, and was glad he did. The spectacle on stage made him wish he was at home. Every fiber in his body wished and hoped that this would end soon. If there was a thought in his mind that the director could have been normal was driven away with every high kick the camp director made.

When it was finally over, he filed out of the auditorium with all the other campers. He'd never been so happy to be outside, after what he experienced in that auditorium. The only thing he recalled, was that the Camp Director had mentioned that their room assignments were in the package we received at registration. He began to rifle through his bag. He pulled out the package and found the sheet he was looking for. The sheet said he was bunking with a guy named Chase. He had never had to share a room in his life. He sighed and placed the packet back into his bag, "This will be interesting..."

----

Cam knocked on the open door, as he peeked his head through the open door. "Hello?"

He entered the room and saw a guy laying on one of the beds. This must have been his bunk-mate.

"Excuse me? Are you Chase Pierson?" He asked, the guy seemed to be in his own little world. He tried again putting a bit more volume in his voice. "Hey! Are you Chase Pierson?"

Daisy..er...Raven didn't even bother going to the orientation. It was much easier to sit outside and have a smoke. She paged through her registration packet, fag hanging from her lips. She was rooming with someone named Summer? Well, Maybe she was like her. Noticing everyone coming out of the auditorium, she headed up to her room. Raven opened the door and laid claim the bed on the left wall. She laid down and pulled out a book of JTHM comics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sydney pushed her way out of the auditorium, wanting to get away from these stupid, untrained slobs. Why did she even bother going to that stupid orientation? She could have figured out that she had to page through her registration packet on her own. She pulled out the room assignment sheet and looked down. Charlotte, hmm? Expensive name. Probably from an expensive family. Sydney smiled and walked up to her room. She could make friends just this once.

Chase's eyes flicked open and he scanned the the room for the source of the voice. A hand wondered up to his ear and pulled the earphone out of it as his eyes found another camper standing in the doorway. “I'm Chase.” he said sizing Cameron up without sitting up. Something about the baggy cargo pants told chase that this was not his kind of guy, not he expected to find anything other than drama geeks here. “Cameron right?” he said closing his eyes again, “I'm here so my dad will give me money for Princeton, why where you sent here?” he was expecting Cameron to say he wanted to come here so he'd have an excuse to call him a drama geek.

"Room twenty-four, room twenty-four..." Charlotte mumbled as she looked at the floor map she got together with her room assignment. "Where the heck is room number twenty-four!?"
Turning the piece of paper around and briefly looking in front of her just barely saved her the embarrassment of walking right into another girl about her age. Glancing quickly at the number on the door (which incidentally, was twenty-four) Charlie blushed and hoped the girl in front of her had not heard her last remark.

Piecing two and two together rather quickly, Charlie smiled and took a step away from the other girl extending her hand in the process. "You must be Sydney," She said cheerfully. "I'm Charlotte, but friends call me Charlie. I suppose we will be roommates for a while."

Charlie hoped they could be friends, Sydney looked rich, though she was smiling at the moment Charlie arrived, so she couldn't be that bad. She had wondered whether Sydney would be an actress or crew. But now that she stood in front of her she supposed the answer was obvious. She was pretty. Much prettier than Charlie was in any case. But that didn't matter, it was the inside that counted, wasn't it?

With her hand still extended, Charlotte kindly smiled and awaited the reply.

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

"Wow! This place is so awesome! It's just like that movie, Camp Rock!" Summer exclaimed loudly as she practically stumbled inside her assigned bunk room with several bags of luggage. Looking at the rustic camp-style decor and dragging her cases over to the right side of the room, she cast a big wide smile at the girl that was on the other bed reading.

"Hi! You must be Daisy. I'm Summer! Isn't this place awesome? I totally flipped when the counselor did his number during orientation, oh god when he did that leg girl I swear angels started squealing FABULOUS up in heaven!" Summer didn't even stop to take a breath between sentences. As she dropped one of her suitcases on the bed and opened it up, she was still talking!

"This is exactly why I love the theater, it's like every guy here is hotter than hell. Of course, all the girls are really pretty too, but I so don't swing that way. I mean, not that I think it's wrong or anything, but there's just something about boys that get me all mushy hot and bothered. You know, it must be those manly muscles. I love a well built guy. But I have to try not to get distracted, cause I told myself I was here for a big break in to acting, not finding myself a boyfriend, though I sure would be a plus!"

"So what are you here for?" she finally stopped chattering, casting a look over at Daisy.
[/bg]

Raven raised her eyebrow at this...Summer girl. She was obviously not like her in any way, shape, or form.
"My name is Raven Winterfrost. If you call me Daisy again, I will cut you," She said without skipping a beat. She went back to her comic and continued, "I'm here to learn about tech. Mostly lighting. I wasn't planning on finding a lifelong friend or partner here. Just learn." She sighed and made herself slightly more comfortable and pulling out a cigarette. "Want one?" Raven offered, holding out the pack to Summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sydney cringed slightly. Of course, she would be roomed with a poor, grungy, lesbian looking girl. She put her hand to her mouth and looked up. This was obviously arranged to spite her.
"Er. Yeah," Sydney said, turning to the door of their room. She threw her stuff on the bed and started taking over most of the room with her make-up, clothing, and hair products.
"Uh...I think this side of the room is mine..." Charlie said, pointing to some of Sydney's clothes.
"Uh, I think the opposite," She replied, sneering and continuing to unpack.

"...Right. I think not."

Charlie's initial greeting might have been a little naive, but she wasn't about to let walk all over herself. She drew an imaginary line from the middle of the window to the edge of the door, splitting the room in half, and started 're-arranging' Sydney's stuff so it would be on her own side, while unloading her own baggage in a semi-neatly and orderly fashion.

Charlotte had looked forward to this trip, had wanted to make friends with this girl. But if she was going to be the spoiled little rich kid she currently acted as, Charlie could definitely play the same game.

As Charlie finished unpacking, throwing a stray sock on Sydney's bed, she turned around and sat on her bed. "Alright, here's the deal. You can act like the coddled little girl all you want, but you do it on THAT side of the room. I'll stay on this side in return. That means that everything I find on my side of the room is mine, so you'd better be careful about placing things there."

The New York girl sighed. "Alternatively you could just TRY and be civil to me, and you can expect the same in return. Your choice."

Why of all people had they roomed her with the snobbish girl? the rate this was going she'd almost rather be rooming with some random guy...

Dario made his way to his assigned room as all the other kids filed out of the auditorium. Once inside he found the room he wanted right away. It wasn't much of a choice as it had a huge mirror at the foot of the bed. He stopped and dropped his bags right in front of the mirror and took a minute to admire himself. Dario was such a narcissus, at times it was annoying to the people around him. He looked at his hair that had a healthy coat of hi quality gel in it, making his natural dirty blond look a deep brown. He blinked his eyes a few times, taking notice to how the light reflected off them.

"Your one good looking cat." He said to his reflection. It seemed he would be glued to the mirror for the time being, so he decided not to fight it and rather waited for his new roommate to show up.

Lucas was admittedly trying to fight his urge for a cigarette, though he did find out that the introduction was entertaining, and gave him a certain feel of belonging already, at least one of the teachers was here for laughs as much as he was.

Admittedly, he would have fought the urge to say something snarky about the people he would have to deal with in this camp, unfortunately he’d made a deal with the man who got him in, and that was to be somehow nice. He wasn’t worried about being kicked out, but apparently he was older, wiser and had to show tolerance, sacrifices he didn’t take gladly, liking people wasn’t in him.

He took his bags and didn’t say much, afraid to ruin his stay too soon, at least he needed to know who he was rooming with, make friends and whatnot, he didn’t enjoy the last time he slept near someone who didn’t like his company.

He had to room with a certain Dario Vencinto, Lucas was sure that was one of the actors, and in quite short, someone who thought everybody to be jealous of them. Or maybe he was wrong and the guy was an actual actor…

Lucas laughed, he was only kidding himself, this place was ground for a teenage soap opera, where only the beautiful stayed, and those not gorgeous enough were obviously the bad guys. Not like he would complain, he liked the villains in the horror movies more.

He arrived at the room, indeed, this man was damn gorgeous, too bad he wasn’t into men. Sure enough he was in the correct room, Lucas threw his two bags into his bed.

“Dario, right? I’m Lucas,” he said, reaching for the pack of cigarettes on his jean’s pocket, “You don’t mind, do you?” he asked, showing him the pack of cigarettes, he had some courtesy about his smoking, not like he needed to show people he was such a rebel so as to affect their health as well.

Dario completed his "self check out" in front of the large mirror and had started laying out some of his things. He took out his polo shirts and a couple pairs of pants, which had been throughly ironed and pressed the night before. Next he glanced behind him to the small dresser, that had three pull out drawers, and placed the cloths neatly in to the middle drawer.

As thoughts of the weeks ahead swam through his mind he heard the front door open as his roommate walked in and threw his bags on his bed.

“Dario, right? I’m Lucas,” he said.

"Lucas? Whats up man?" Said Dario extending his hand as he did so.

Dario noticed that Lucas had a rough look to him that was accented by a slight 5'o clock shadow. He wasn't by any means bad looking, just a little rough around the edges. Next he reached for a pack of smokes and asked if Dario minded. Dario shook his head. Cigarette smoke didn't bother Dario. Although he didn't smoke on a regular basis sometimes, especially after a few drinks, he would smoke. It was a very nice gesture of Lucas to ask first though, thought Dario, it seemed that they would get along fine, but then again it was too early to tell.

"So are you an actor?" Asked Dario unable to tell if Lucas was part of the "cast or crew"

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

"Raven Winterfrost? That's almost as bad as MY name! My full name is Summer Lore Sparrow. Weird, huh? I think Lore means flower or something." Summer shook her head at the offer of cigs, dropping some of her clothes on her bed as she stuffed others in to the dresser next to it.

"Haha! You know both our names have flowers and birds! Isn't that cool? It's like we were totally made to be bunkmates! Me an actress and you working on lighting stuff. Man, I can't wait to start going to some of the workshops. It'll be soooo fun!" While she was blabbering, Summer moved to peek out the window and look out at the campgrounds.

"You wanna come exploring with me?"
[/bg]

Carson was running late due to car troubles and had missed the spectacle which she would later thank god for. Toting an army duffel over one shoulder, hair thrown up under a baseball cap, Carson made her way toward the registration desk. Seemed she was the only one or maybe it was McGuire stamped across the bag, either way they handed her a packet without her asking. A slight shrug was given as she turned away from the desk and dug through the packet for a map and her room assignment.

A brow quirked as she read the name. Foreign and it looked male to her. Last Carson had checked they didn't co-ed bunk at this camp so maybe she was mistaken as to the gender orientation of the name. Of course Carson would'nt put it past anyone to mark her off as a male. Between the cargo pants and loose shirts she normally wore, if she didn't have her hair down, she was often mistaken for the opposite gender. The name didn't help much. With a shrug to get the bag more firmly placed on her shoulder she made her way off to find her room and get settled in.

Upon finding her room she nudged the door open and prepared to either have the most hellish or most wonderful summer of her life.

"Dom" Prochazka
Dom, unlike Carson, had not been lucky enough to miss out on the opening...er...festivities. He gathered that there were the usual "getting to know you" activities planned later that night, but for the moment, he had time to kill. He'd arrived early and had time to set up his half of his room before the assembly, leaving him with...really nothing to do. Dinner wasn't for another...he glanced at his watch...two hours.

In the mean time, he was lounging on his bunk reading a book. Specifically, a fantasy novel titled Warriors of Flame. He heard the door click open, and he looked up. He quirked an eyebrow - the individual in his doorway was either a girl, or the most feminine boy he'd met who didn't wear eyeliner.

"Get lost looking for your room?" he inquired, setting his book down and swinging around to stand up. "I can probably help you with that."

Lucas pulled out a cigarette and lit it, putting the pack and the lighter back in the pocket. He took a long drag before speaking to Dario, well, there went the Italian jokes.

“Nope, I’m a sound guy,” he said, shaking hands with Dario briefly, then he moved to his side of the room, wondering which bag he should unpack first, “Would’ve brought a guitar or some shit to impress the chicks playing shit songs but I broke a string…”

“Anyway, I suppose you’re on the pretty people crew, right?” he asked with a smirk, moving to open the windows of the room and then back to unpack his clothes, not like he had too much of them either way.

“Judging by the girls I’ve checked out though, everyone’s from that crew,” he said, pulling out some shirts, most of them from bands he listened to, and with them, an mp3 player, having never bothered much to get an iPod or anything of the like, “But on other subjects, you know there’s gonna be a musical right? You gonna be in it?” he inquired, already quite sure that Dario, however nice he seemed to be, didn’t know much besides acting.

Raven cringed as she listened to Summer. Her voice made Raven want to beat her over the head several times with a morningstar. "Uh...No. I'm alright." She stood up and looked at her watch. "Dinner should be soon, right? I think I'll take a walk by myself beforehand."
"Oh! Maybe I can come with and we can--" Raven slammed the door on Summer's annoying, nails-on-a-chalkboard voice and personality. She lit her cigarette and made her way down to the courtyard in between the girl's dorm and what looked like the boy's dorm. She took a drag and looked up, seeing a some curtains open and a very toned guy taking his shirt off in front of the window. She smiled and blew out the smoke. Maybe this camp wouldn't be so bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sydney frowned. "Fine. I can already see this is not going to work out." She pulled out a silk comforter and laid it out on her bed before grabbing her cell phone and dialing a number. "You probably shouldn't unpack. You'll be leaving soon." She waited a bit until someone picked up the other line.
"Ah, yes! This is Sydney Michaels in room twenty-four. My roommate is being...uncooperative....Yes. Can she get a room change?...What? No no no no no. I. Don't want the change. I like this room very much, except for the person that is sharing it with me....No....NO!...Ugh! I pay your salary!" She hung up the phone and sat on the bed, clearly frustrated.
"Looks like I'm stuck with you," Sydney sighed, crossing her arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CAAAAAMPERS!!!!" The directors voice rang out over PA's in both dorms. "Dinner will be held shortly where you will be informed about the productions that will be going on in the camp. I hope to see all of you there! Chao!" The PA popped, signaling the end of the broadcast.

"Yeah, that's me." Cameron responded. "My counselor sent me here. Something about not having many friends."

He moved over to the other bunk that had a bag on it, "Are you using this bunk?"