Drama Camp!

Chase looked a little surprised. "Umm... Sure just toss my bag here." he said and caught his bag and put it at the head of the bed he was on. The PA system announced dinner and Chase stood. "I'm going to go check thing out... later." He stepped out the door and walked away from the cabin.

"What a loser." he mumbled under his breath but without the usual venom. "Send HERE to make friends. As if anyone here is worth......" he sat down outside the cabins, "I'll show them, tactings easy right? Snag lead, and impress some of the cute girls I saw earlier."

Jack's feet pattered on the ground softly, his huge instrument case on his back, and his homemade reed mat under his arm, as he walked to a cabin, the one Lucas and Dario inhabited, his packet under his arm. He opens the door, and smiles wide.
"Hey, dudes, how is the world today?" Jack asked, hugging both guys strongly.
"Great to be here, isn't it, guys?" he said aloud, putting his instrument case in the corner, and pulling a joint from one of it's compartments. He lit it with a match, and huffed deep. He expelled the air slowly, laughing.
"Mother Earth sends her gifts, brothers." he said, offering the weed to both of the guys.

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

Wow! Talk about rude! Summer totally got blown off by her new bunkmate. ...Maybe she was shy? Yes, that was it! Summer decided it wouldn't be too big of a deal. Some people just didn't know how to warm up right away. Hearing the announcement, she quickly stuffed the rest of her things away before she went prancing out of the cabin.

Skipping across the camp, she was already on her way to the Mess Hall.
[/bg]

Sitting amongst the cabbing Chase noticed a girl skip by, a cute girl. Maybe this wasn't such a bad place after all.

"Hey." he called out standing and catching up to walk next to Summer. "You going to dinner? Would you mind if I walked with you... my room-mate is a total spaz."

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

Summer stopped skipping. ...Well it was more like she stopped so suddenly and turned her head to eye the HOTTIE way faster than her feet could stop, so that she nearly tripped herself to the ground. Righting herself and totally playing it off like she was just do fancy skips, Summer waved one of her hands at the guy as she slowed to a regular walk.

"Hi! Yeah, uh, sure!" Hello gorgeous. With such pretty blue eyes, Summer was sure she was looking straight in to heaven. "My name is Summer, what's yours? "
[/bg]

Chase stopped a little ahead of Summer, her sudden stop catching him by surprise. "Summer......." He repeated, "Nice name, I'm Chase." he smiled at her "SO what do you think this whole Drama Camp deal?" he asked casually as they started walking side by side towards the mess hall. " I didn't expect to find a cute girl like you here."

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

He thinks she's cute! This was officially the most awesome place in the universe! For once, Summer actually felt very shy and very bashful. Even blushing as she tried to force words out of her mouth without stuttering in to a fit of giggles.

"Um, hee, thanks. I'm big on acting. I mean, I really want to be a famous movie actress. I thought the camp would be the best place to train my skills and get noticed, you know?" With a name like Chase, you just know he was going to be most smokin' babe in the whole camp! Summer fidgeted with her fingers behind her back as she started walking towards the mess hall again.

"So far it's been really cool. I loved the song and dance the Camp Director did! I can't wait until we get to do that too!"
[/bg]

Chase felt like he was on a roll. "Actress, wow. That's quite a dream." he thought for a second, Summer really was cute, and she would certainly get lead in whatever lame play they where having. All he needed to do was sign up to play opposite her and they might even kiss.

"What sort of play do you think they'll have? Wouldn't it be great if we played opposite each other?"

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

"Probably the basics, you know, like famous famous musicals or really popular plays. I can't wait to find out." Her excitement over the possible summer projects was enough to distract her from the hottie walking beside her. She LOVED acting, so she intended to throw herself in to every audition with all that she had.

As they reached the mess hall, Summer hopped up the steps to walk inside. Not very many people had arrived yet. "You're acting right? What kind of stories do you like? Action, drama, romance?" Heehee. Romance! She bet he was awesome at kissing!
[/bg]

Chase smiled nervously. "Yeah... the last one.... Romance."

Romance! great now he was stuck pretending to like mushy romance stuff. "And er.... action?"

He walked next to her as they found a place to sit. "I think I'll be trying for the lead. Wouldn't it be great if we played lead opposite each other?" his hand brushed against hers as they walked and he glanced at her. "Um... is here good?" he asked indicating two empty seats.

"Well, that went well..." He muttered to himself after Chase had left.

"At least I'll have the whole summer to work on my people skills." He sighed, and stowed his bag under his bunk. "Best not be late for the first night of dinner."

He straightened his clothing out before he was satisfied with his appearance.

"Wonder what they will be serving." He thought to himself, as he aleft the room making his way to the mess hall.

A raised eyebrow was the only response Charlie gave the snobby bitch as she took her phone and had the nerve to call the front desk, or whoever else it was that oversaw room assignments, and try to get her 'deported' like the Nazi she was.
A smirk was the only sign of satisfaction visible on her face as 'Sydney' didn't quite manage to get what she wanted.

"Spoiled little brat it was then" Charlotte thought while she rolled her eyes in response to the rich kid. She was just about to respond when the directors voice echoed through the dorms and told everyone that they were apparently expected for dinner.
Standing tall, she gave Sydney one contemptuous sidewards glance before she slung a backpack over her shoulder, pulled a baseball cap from a shelve and put it on her head and left the room.

Once outside, Charlie shook her head and started following the map toward the dining area. Maybe she could make a few new friends during dinner, Sydney seemed to be a lost cause in any case. Best if she forgot about her as soon as possible.

Charlotte grinned. Hell, maybe she might have requested a transfer herself, but there was no way she was giving that bitch what she wanted NOW...

As Lucas smoked, Dario tore through more of his cloths, trying to find the perfect match for dinner. He wasn't sure, but he had a pretty good idea that Lucas hadn't brought half the cloths he had. Again, Dario became consumed in the task of finding a matching shirt to be worn with his pants. It was a bit compulsive, but as an actor it was important to always look your best. Like a former drama instructor had always said " When you look your best, people are more likely to notice your talents.

Lucas was talking as Dario, with his back to his new room mate, held a few different shirts up in the mirror. He heard something about a guitar and the girls hear at camp, honestly he could have cared less about any off it until he heard the part that pertained to himself.

"But on other subjects, you know there's gonna be a musical right? You gonna be in it?" he inquired

Dario turned and looked right at Lucas for the first time since they had shaken hands. "If there is going to be a musical, you can bet I'll be in it. If theres one thing I do and do good its get roles and steal shows, so yes to answer your question I am an actor. Its my one true passion." Dario finished his little speech and turned back to his outfit selection as a Booming voice exploded over the PA, again it was the director announcing
dinner.

" Well there's the dinner bell." Said Dario grabbing a small flask of aged whisky that he always kept with him. One thing that Dario knew was that things always went smother with a little liquor. He spun open the the silver cap and quickly drank about a jigger of the strong drink. He had decided that Lucas didn't look anything like the kind of person that would tell on him so he extended the silver flask to his new roommate.

"Care for a shot before dinner?"

Just at that moment a rather "organic" looking individual entered the room. He had an instrument case of some sort strapped to his back. Before Dario knew what was happening he was being Hugged and offered pot. Well if this was indeed another roommate at least he seemed friendly enough, that was always a good thing.

Dario shook his head at the pot "No thanks, This is all I need." He said waving the small silver flask of aged whiskey. "But nice to meet you, man."

Carson nearly jumped into the wall when Dom opened his mouth. Ok so she hadn't been wrong, she was in fact bunked with a male. Not that she was honestly going to complain. Most of the time she couldn't stand other females her age. Well like hell she was going to miss this chance to avoid the idiots. Tossing her bag on the empty bunk, Carson took off her hat and let nearly shoulder length hair down. Oh that felt soooo much better!

A moment later she was digging through the bag for a different hat and shirt. Pleased to find what she was looking for quickly she changed right there infront of Dom. Carson'd worked theatre long enough to not be shy of a little skin showing. When she was decent and comfortable she finally turned back to Dom.

"Nope, this is my room." Carson grinned widely before the announcement came over the comm. A twist of her lips and the cap was coming back on. "I don't want to be bunked with the other idiots so I'd like if you don't tell anyone." She held out a hand. "Carson McGuire, wanna go get something to eat with me?"

[bg=#30180c]
Summer Sparrow

His hand brushed against hers and for a moment, one of those super cheesy romantic 80s ballads was playing in her head! Flashing a toothy grin, Summer plopped down in one of the chairs, still looking around as other campers entered the place.

"Tat would be really awesome! I mean, I'm going to audition for everything I can get in to! Musicals are a lot of fun, so trying out my singing voice would be sweet. But I love the drama of normal plays too. It'd be super if we could film a pilot of a TV show too. Not that, I think it would go places, but well, we have all these people studying the tech side of filming, so surely someone has a video camera too!"
[/bg]

Chase's eyes darted around the mess hall. Camera! Crap, he hadn't though of that. "Yeah... that would be great....." he smiled nervously "Do we need to help ourselves to food?" he asked changing the subject and smiling at Summer regaining his composure.

....And everyone magically appeared at the Mess Hall. YAY! Once dessert was being served, The director came onto the small stage that the hall had.

"Hello all! I'm so glad you all have been making friends and getting along so well!" He smiled looking around the room at the mostly unenthusiastic faces. "So, I'm sure you all are excited for getting into the play and/or musical this year. Drum roll, please!"

A drum roll started somewhere offstage and two people holding posters came out from each side of the director.

MND.jpg
rent_xlg.jpg

"A Midsummer Night's Dream and RENT!" The director smiled and jumped up and down a little. "Auditions will be held all day tomorrow, so get a good night's sleep and a good breakfast! After dinner, there will be a get-to-know-each-other party in the courtyard between the two dorms. Ask your assigned counselor if you have questions! Have a fabulous night!!!" The director skipped offstage as usual and left the camp to the end of it's dinner.

Once dinner was over, the camp went back to the dorms, where, in their absence, several lights, punch bowls, and snack tables had been set out for their party.

It had taken a slight prompting from Lucas to get Jack to stop smoking his weed before leaving the room, but at least it seemed that now he wouldn't be alone while he enjoyed his vices, and the food had been decent enough, Lucas couldn't avoid to make a remark on his country's food, his father had been there long enough for him to get a taste of the good stuff, however hard it was to find in the US.

He wasn't too amused about the party though, but he'd live through it, Jack and him had made enough connection, and Dario didn't seem bothered at all, hell, Lucas didn't even feel like cracking a joke at his looks.

He didn't waste time on talking about the choice of play and musical though, oh no.

"Not like we have a lot of people, but hell, something like Les Miserables would've been a whole lot better than 'HIV is like, totally important, we're so deep: the musical', but maybe that's just me."

"Anyway," he said right after, thinking of fiddling with the pack of cigarettes in his shirt's pocket, "I'm gonna go get me some punch…" he drifted off, thinking for a second while he looked at Dario, "Hey, dude, you got the whiskey with you, right?" he asked, a smirk on his face. Obviously, he was planning on making the party more fun.

Dario's head swam nicely thanks to another couple pulls off of his small flask. As the blood rushed to his cheeks, making his naturally rosy face even more red, he looked around at the many different people that filled the mess hall. Most, but not all, were just as beautiful as Dario considered himself to be. Things seemed to be mixing up quite nicely so far and showed much promise of getting even better.

Dario nodded in agreement with Lucas about Les Miserables. Although Mid-summer nights dream was a play he had always loved, it would be amazing to get a chance to bring to life one or two of his favorite scenes. He shifted his gaze to a very "red eyed" looking Jack and smiled. To each their own he thought to himself.

Then, just as Dario was becoming board with the whole situation, and was about ready to drink the rest of the whiskey right in the middle of the mess hall, Lucas stood up and said he was going to get some punch.

"Alright man I'll go with you." Said Dario getting up and looking around to see where the Punch was,

"Hey, dude, you got the whiskey with you, right?" Dario saw the look on his face and knew exactly what he was thinking. The Punch bowl, which was right behind where they were sitting, was just that; A large bowl with a redish liquid in it. Dario looked around to see if any of the counselors were watching as he loosened the cap to his flask dumping in the rest of the strong drink into the punch.

Sydney walked into the courtyard, dolled up for any guy that her eyes happened to wander to. A quick look around the place and she deduced that she wasn't going to expect much out of this camp. She did spot a nice, ruggedly handsome fellow near the punch bowl, obviously spiking it. Hmm...a bad boy. That would suit her tastes nicely. Sydney walked up to Lucas and leaned up against the punch table.

"So, what did you put in the punch? Hope it isn't poison," She said, winking at him.