Status
Not open for further replies.
Being punched by a fisherman is the first step in attaining world peace.
>Impaling a fisherman with totally dangerous and sharp rapier is the first step of becoming a serial killer and psychopathic murderer.

Welp me.

In hindsight, I really made my characters vastly underpowering.

Huge contrast to my early days when all my characters were basically human gods.

Gah...

@Noctis the Devious Your character does seem pretty balanced and quite the addition to the cast. Acceptio

@RecentlyInsaneRussian Your Rapier picture is broken. Apart from that, I find no flaw. Acceptio.

@Cirque apps be gdgd

@darnerdemons to be honest your applications aren't too well organized. Perhaps you could bold the main points and use the Enter Key more often?

But that is besides the point. While not specified, it is best to remove parenthesis.

I think I'll wait for the final product before a critique.

I'll go count ratios after adding my own characters.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Honestly, i have no clue the next time i will have access to a computer, but i do know BBcode and HTML so i'll edit it again to what's hopefully more organized. as for removing paranthesis, i'll see to that as well. truthfully i believe there's no true final products to anything. I'll do what i can to make it more organized in any case. Like i said before i'm incredibly rusty and have to get back in the swing of things, so please bear with me. Now then, onto editing once more.

Since we have so many females already, I think I'll go with the male from my book. I'll work on Alaric's character a bit. I need to get a feel for him anyway.

I don't have any images for him, only the physical description as I see him in my mind.

(WIP)

Name
: Alaric Bluedrake

Race: (Dragon Shifter or Human/Hunter?) Dragon Shifter

Nationality: English/American

Appearance: Alaric, in human form, stands six feet in height with sun-bronzed skin over a lean, well defined, muscular frame. His shoulders are broad, but not overly so. His black hair is just long enough to fall just in front of his striking sapphire eyes. As a Dragon, Alaric is eight feet at the shoulders and ten feet in length, measuring from his nose to tail-tip. His wingspan is sixteen feet across. He is clad in sapphire blue scales with blue eyes and black horns and talons. He is a lean, muscular young Dragon.

Subrace: Sapphire/Blue Dragon

Personality: (A good balance between negative and positive.) Alaric is gentlemanly and chivalrous. He is also fiercely protective.

History: Born of Dragons but raised as human. Alaric was born during a time when Dragons hid in human form. They hid from the humans out of fear. The fear of being slaughtered forced them into hiding. The humans, after a while, declared the Dragons as extinct, not nowing that they still lived. Dragons passed into Myth and Legend, stories to tell children.

Alaric was raised in a human town. Once old enough to seek work, he trained as a Blacksmith. He advanced quicklythrough his lessons. It seemed he had a natural gift for the art, and a high tolerance for the heat of the forge. He became the youngest Blacksmith in generations and continued to live a human who was secretly a Dragon.

Alaric was forced to reveal himself as a Dragon when his home town was attacked. It was a Dragon, sent by Alastair, the Gilded Dragon King, to destroy any and every human town for his own revenge. In order to protect the people who had beed his friends his whole life and to protect the town he called hime, Alaric had to take his Dragon form in order to fight the Dragon who was destroyinghis home. The town had mixed feelings about the young Blacksmith after he had slain the attacking Dragon. Alaric left to save the town from further attacks. He set out to kill the Dragon King and create peace between Humans and Dragons.

Abilities: Alaric is an excellent swordswoman. He is more agile than he looks. Alaric is also a Blacksmith.

Strengths: (As a person)

Weaknesses: (As a person) Alaric cares deeply for anyone he considers a friend and will sacrifice himself without a second thought if his friends' lives were at stake. A surefire way to lure the blue Dragon into battle is to threaten his friends.

Magical Capabilities & Dragon Feats: (Dragon Shifter only)

Physical Weaknesses: His wings are soft and unarmored. The thin membranes can rip and tear, causing his flight to become difficult.

Weaponry & Equipment: a simple hand-and-a-half sword he made himself with a sapphire set into the pommel. The handle and cross guard are black.
Family:

Other Information: (Stuff that doesn't fit up there)

Last edited:
YlqrHAR.png

"I can't do anything right..."

Name:
Huang Jin

Race:
Dragon Shifter

Nationality:
Chinese-Japanese

Appearance:
Jin is a mere 1.56 metres in height and has a rather scawny, slender build, despite being recorded to be near borderline overweight, reaching 60kg. He has black hair and a mild pale complexion. He wears the regular Dragon Shifter uniform.
fish-map_2272451k.jpg

"See... I'm just holding everyone back... I'm a... a disgrace..."

In his 'dragon' form, Huang Jin takes the shape of a koi carp and is a mere 25 centimetres in length, and appears rather beautiful. Calico koi are really pretty, moreso than other varieties. They make good pets- I mean, he is very light and easy to carry in this form. No fangs, no flight, is this really a dragon? It doesn't matter, because he definitely looks better than those ugly big guys. Take that, big fat ugly guys!

Subrace:
Shenlong

Zugktgq.jpg

Shenlong were, and to some civilizations, still are revered as gods. Like most Eastern dragons, they were more often worshipped as deities as opposed to hunted. If they were to find out that one of their kind were hunted, all of Asia could recieve a continental month-long floodstorm as punishment to the human race. This has happened before and each one gets worse. Don't mess with them and they will not mess with you.

Shenlong are masters of the weather. Revered as gods in ancient China, these magnificent serpents grant great harvest in good moods, and foul floods in bad moods. It is said that the Shenlong are behind the roughest floods in Eurasia.
Shenlong are a variety of Long, the serpentine Eastern Dragons of China, and are likened to the Japanese Ryu like Moths are to Butterflies. All Long have a special larval stage that is essentially a koi carp. This is adaptation used for larval stage Long to blend in to the modern day concrete jungles.
Once a young larval stage Long reaches the age of thirteen human years, they will have to go through a trial known as the Coming Age Ritual, where they travel a water route in the forms of koi carp, facing many hardships. Some will give up easily due to hardships, but those who do will reach the top will have their koi forms turned into the shape of great Eastern dragons.
The metaphorical alternative is said to exist, but no one truly knowd if it has even been performed before.

Personality:
Jin lacks one thing - confidence. He is awfully pessimistic, and always feels like giving up. The trauma of being the only one in his family to fail the coming of age ritual since generations has caused him to be like this, and he always feels that he is pulling everyone back. He always has this feeling that he is a laughing stock, and will shy away from others. He is a big crybaby, and always hides in a corner before crying. He likes some alone time, and believes that people are only there to mock him.

He's a very sweet boy, some may say, although he is pretty soft. He always takes an effort to brighten someone else's day when he can't brighten his own.

History:
Jin was born to the family of his father Huang Ming, a Shenlong Dragon Shifter, his mother Inari, an Inari Dragon Shifter, and his older sister Ogetsuhime, who, like her mother, is an Inari Dragon Shifter. Jin was like his father, but had the bad luck of starting out as a little fish.
Jin was tasked to partake in the coming of age ceremony when he hit 13. The goal - jump over the dragon gate and achieve the shape of a true dragon.
While he survived, he failed the trials due to his lack of confidence and giving up when he was faced with climbing the waterfall. His father was mildly disappointed and after a few months, decided to enroll him in a boarding school of sorts, since he was his only son, and he didn't want his son's 'dragon' form to end up just being an even bigger carp. He says that he wants his son to 'man up' a little and realise that being a fish out of water doesn't make a difference as long as you persist.

Abilities:
Jin is fully capable of swimming. It's in his DNA.
While he claims to be 'useless', he is capable of stereotypical housewife jobs. Give this fish out of water a 10/10 for Home Economics! What? This school doesn't have Home Economics? What is this bullshittery?
As an extension of the above point, he knows how to cook quite a number of dishes. But do not tell him to cook or eat fish.

Strengths:
He may not know it, but he's really good moral support.
He's always there to lend an ear.
He refuses to abandon a friend.

Weaknesses:
Where do I even start?
He is a great crybaby and cries a lot.
He gives up easily.
His low confidence makes him feel very useless.

Magical Capabilities & Dragon Feats:
Great beauty in his 'dragon' form, and to certain people with quite the fetish, his human form. Humans are often mesmerized by his lustrous scales and can only dream to have his beauty, or to have such an ornamental pet.
He can breathe both underwater and on land.
He can leap up to 10 metres in height from a surface while in his 'dragon' form.
He can flop and flail while in his dragon form, and that is his signature offensive attack and form of motility while on dry land.
His 'dragon' form is small and very slippery and can slip out of many, many situations, moreso than an ordinary koi carp, and just fish in general. This allows him to evade attacks most other dragon shifters cannot. These attacks range from getting stepped on to a flurry of sharp attacks. Melee blunt attacks knock him hard though.
He is more temperature resistant than the usual human.
Doing good deeds to him will mildly increase your luck, such as having increased chances of landing a hit, and other things. Doing bad things will not do the reverse, unfortunately.

Physical Weaknesses:
Currently unknown, that is, if you rely on databases too much.

Weaponry & Equipment:
He carries a guandao with him.

Family:
His father Huang Ming is a Long subrace Dragon Shifter, specifically of the Shenlong variety, and his mother Inari is an Inari Race Dragon Shifter, a Ryu that has similiar traits to the Shenlong, especially with weather capabilities.

Other Information:
He is sometimes called certain nicknames, mostly to do with being a... fish out of water.

Few to no dragon shifter databases or texts classify Koi Carps as Dragon Shifters. As such, Koi Carps tend to not be antagonised by Hunters until they develop and mature into their dragon states.

There are a few unproven theories of Koi Carp Dragon Shifters who never bloom into dragons. Some say they just keep growing like regular carp, albeit larger, until they death. Some say that they develop into Koi-type merfolk, but let's not get there.​

• Love
Reactions: Wryneck
Jin is truly the most fearsome dragon shifter of all amongst our small class.

Reactions: darnerdemons
92b84d9e92429539ad9e866238562ba2.jpg

"Anyone who desires to be like a god has never been treated like one."

Name: Hanae no Orochi

Race: Dragon Shifter

Nationality: Hanae hails from Northern Japan, in a very mountainous zone.

Appearance: Hanae is 2.13 meters in height, or somewhere around 7 feet, so he is quite tall. He also has quite large of a muscle density. He is about 90 kilograms, or 200 pounds, because of how much muscle content he has. His rich brown hair goes down to about his mid-back and often looks very raged and wild when it is down. However, more often he has it up in a high pony tail of sorts. His skin typically has a slight tan as he prefers to train outside. He also has deep brown eyes. In regards to clothes, he prefers loose airy clothing. Typically his casual wear entails a sort of kimono. While training, he wears a variation of a kendo uniform. He also has monk's clothing that he wears when he meditates. When in heated battle, he does have old samurai armor that one of his master's gave him when he left the mountain. One very defining feature of his is his sprawling black dragon tattoo on his back. He typically keeps it covered as he is embarrassed by it greatly. His dragon form is just like his tattoo, except much larger of course. In his dragon form he does not have arms or legs, so he moves like a snake. In dragon form, he is about as wide as a truck and as long as a skyscrapers height. In the picture below, Hanae is the dragon with the black helmet.

latest

Subrace: Hanae's subrace is a type of dragon called "The Children of Orochi" in religious text. A long time ago, there was a mystic monster like dragon which brought fear among the people. It's name was Yamato no Orochi. Once a year, Orochi would choose a town and that town would have to sacrifice a pure maiden as well as eight bottles of heavenly purified sake. This went on for many years until a legendary hero cut him down when the hero's lover was to be sacrificed. Orochi did not return after this, but his soul and powers split up into eight, as he had eight legendary powers. These souls left Orochi's dead body and possessed the bodies of unborn infants in pregnant women. When this children were born into the world, they held the powers of their respective dragon head and were able to transform into their respective dragon as well. This was seen as a curse to many, and many villages would slaughter a child like that if they were born into their village. It was distinctive, as the children would be born with a tattoo of their dragon on their back with a character for their element: light, poison, wind, lightning, fire, water, earth, and darkness. People thought that killing the children would kill Orochi for good, but of course they were mistaken. The souls of the different dragon just kept being reborn. It is said that if all eight children are rejoined one more, they will form together and Orochi will be reborn.

Personality: Hanae is observant, cooperative, informative, and attentive. He is often most concerned with the safety of others, going out of his way to try and protect whoever he can. His heart is gentle and kind in that way. He is the type you would see trying to help someone across the street, or helping a lost child to their parents. He can also be described as thorough, frugal and he abhors the squandering of material resources. He is a good leader, though a silent one. He doesn't outwardly express his feelings because he does not like to burden anyone. He also does not particularly like praise. It makes him uncomfortable. More often than not, he tries very hard to help so much that he can get overwhelmed from taking on to much. However he is not one to let anyone know that he is overwhelmed. He is much more likely to lose hours of sleep instead. He is often very weary of strangers as well. He values close friends and family above all else, and hardly talks to anyone he doesn't know well. In that regard, he can come off cold to people who do not truly know him. Hanae also values rules very much and does not like situations where rules change often. He likes steady, day to day life and calm situations. He likes tradition, not experimentation and is very set in his ways a lot of the time, not open to new ideas. He also has a strong sense of justice.

History: Once people got more information about "The Children of Orochi," many different sects of religion came together and started worshiping Orochi. One very radical group had a strong desire to bring their "God" back. So, to do this they had two plans. One was to impregnate all of the women in their sect until a dragon child was born, and the other was to find the legendary sword, Kusanagi. This sword was famous for being the one that slain Orochi, and after having a taste of it's blood, could sense when Orochi was near. Both worked in some form. A few men from the religion were able to steal the sword from the hero's grave and brought it back to their village. Once they had this sword, they were able to find one of the legendary children, though it was already grown quite a bit, raised by a village that tried to teach it to ignore it's powers and live as a human. The religious men decided to kidnap the child, and slay it next to a pregnant woman in their religion, hoping the soul would go to the closest unborn child. This way, they could brainwash a newborn with their ideals. It worked, and a child with the soul of the darkness dragon was born. This was Hanae, called simply "Orochi" at the time. From birth, the religion worshiped him as their God and taught him their ideals. As they taught him, they also tried to find all of the other dragons but had no luck. The only other way to find dragons without the sword would be to use another dragon. It took a while to figure out how to transform Hanae as they only known way was to have him around another dragon, as they could summon each other's dragon forms somehow. However, they did find a way, a certain dance of darkness but even if they could bring him out it wasn't particularly helpful. Hanae had no control over his dragon form so he could not take orders from himself or anything else, only cause havoc. This was often very dangerous as the only way to turn him back to a human would either be doing a blessing dance of bloom and flowers, or to get him drunk with heavenly sake. He would not even remember being in dragon form at all. If anything, he would only feel pain. So they decided that the sword method was the best. Meanwhile, no matter how much they taught him, Hanae was still a child with curiosity of the world. Most of the time they just kept him in a worshiping room. So, one day when not carefully being watched over, young Hanae was able to sneak out. As he explored, he came across a library with all of the ideals of the religion. He read, and as he did he learned all of the horrible secrets that came with his birth and his destiny. He learned that in dragon form, his people would try to use him to slaughter villages trying to find other dragons quickly. There was a toll of how many he killed. Horrified and scared by it all, the young child tried to get answers however all the people he talked to would only speak of praise. Hanae, on the other hand, was not sure that he was as good as people made him seem. At one point, he had enough and decided to run away, miraculously stealing Kusanagi and taking it with him. From this point on he journeyed, coming close to death at certain points either from near starvation or coming into contact with villages who did not take so kindly to his kind. He even took on his name, "Hanae," as a reminder to himself as to what tames his dragon form. This went on until he was taken in by mountain monks, where he grew up and was taught to become one with himself. Here, he also learned to train with his sword with ex-samurai who also lived in the mountains near the monks. While training, he was able to learn that he could utilize his power of darkness through his sword. It controlled it better then he could without it, a stabilizer of sorts. This was a revelation of sorts as before he could only use it while in dragon form, or so he was told. He trained for many years, until word of the school came past his ears. He then decided it was a good idea to go, as that way he could be as far away from his dragon siblings and that way Orochi could never fully reunite. He also wished for peace more than anything, and wished to use his strength for a good cause. Of course the one condition would be that he doesn't go into his dragon form at all. He hasn't since he left that wicked village and cannot even do so by himself, though he does know how it can be summoned. He wishes to put his violent dragon form behind him.

Abilities: Hanae is good at making use of his surroundings. He did live in the wild for a little bit, so he knows how to live off of the land. He is good at identifying poisonous plants from edible ones, how to create fire and home, things like that. He knows a little bit of fishing as well. His brute strength really is something to admire as well. He can also make quite beautiful calligraphy and delicious tea. He grinds his own tea leaves.

Strengths: Hanae has a strong personality, so in that way he is very easy to rely on. He will follow through with request. He has good work ethic, working hard and well. He also has a lot of patience and sympathy. While he may not talk much, he deeply cares for the people around him. He isn't that picky either. He learned good discipline and is mostly very honest.

Weaknesses: Hanae does come off very cold and does not open up to people easily. If anything, he has quite a few trust issues but does not make them known. He doesn't make a lot of things known really and hardly ever talks about how he feels. This can make him seem distant. He also really can become overwhelmed because he often bites off more than he can chew, but only out of kindness. He is kind to a fault and is easily taken advantage of.

Magical Capabilities & Dragon Feats: Though not much is known about his dragon form, there are a few accounts. In dragon form, he can breath out the element of darkness which pretty much absorbs life from things it comes in contact with. It's a dangerous power that he hasn't used in years. When channeled through his sword, it doesn't work in quite the same way. It only weakens his opponent a little faster, absorbing physical energy and determination. Though he thinks it's a cheap trick and doesn't use it anyways. He prefers to fight fair. Of course, he also has the power to sense others of his kind near him. Another thing to note is that he can't fly in his dragon form, only move like a snake. He really doesn't know much though, as there aren't too many accounts and he isn't conscious during his change.

Physical Weakness: The two known weaknesses that will mute his powers are of course the legendary sake and the blossom dance spoken about above. Both will neutralize his powers, not that he uses them in the first place.

Weaponry and Equipment: The sword Kusanagi is his weapon of choice. He takes care of it very well.

Family: Hanae was never told which of the village people were his parents. He was always treated as an entity above all of the villagers, so Hanae has never had a true family besides his monk brothers who he truly does consider family. He also looks to his samurai masters as sorts of father figures. His dragon soul siblings can also be considered family of a sort, though he has never met any of them. The only person he won't consider family is his true father of sorts, Orochi.

Other Information: Hanae will often wake up in a cold sweat over nightmares. He has them constantly and they bring him great grief. He dreams of Orochi compelling him to come to his side. He also dreams of all of the souls he has killed coming to haunt him. He will often be found very exhausted, with grey under his eyes. This only happens at night, so he enjoys taking naps during the day, especially outside.

• Love
Alright! Two characters done! @Crow let me know if you want me to change anything about Ruslani (First Page) or Hanae (Fourth Page). I may have infringed a little too much on strength or lore, so don't be afraid to tell me to chill!

I've edited my chara forms once more, now all pictures are in and hopefully it looks tidy and not half bad anymore.

Reactions: darnerdemons
@Cirque Hmm well...I don't know how kindly Ruslani would take a punch, but Hanae would probably only be surprised. Either way, neither could stop a punch per say. Ruslani would probably try to dodge, if anything.

It's settled then. Laura shall punch them, and then they shall be best friends.

Reactions: Lyra Meiko
Is this RP set before or after Captain Falcon became a thing, @Crow?

Status
Not open for further replies.