Drako-ration <ACADEMIA>

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, uh, sorry about that, I guess," Cecilia apologized, rubbing the back of her neck. "Unfortunately, I don't. What about you, Lis?"

--

"Oh, dorm 1?" Alex repeated, "You're my roommate, buddy!" he smiled at the smaller boy, trying to make him feel more at ease. It felt like if he even looked at him too harshly he'd fall apart.

"No need to be shy, I won't bite," he assured him. The kid didn't look like he'd make it through the day alive if he ran around by himself.

"Didn't catch it, huh? I'm Alex. What's your name?"

"I'm thinking of looking around the school, maybe have a good look around the place and perhaps test the facilities, if they allow it. A tour, as some may call it," Elizabeth explains.

~~~

"Huang Jin. M... my name is H.. Huang Jin. I guess it's nice to meet you. I'm... not really a dragon despite my uniform... I hope that you're alright with that..."

Whatever could that mean.

Cecilia shrugged. "Well, that's as good a plan as any I guess. Not like I've got anything better. So, what did you plan to look at first?" Not knowing the place herself, she figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to explore it with someone else. Whoever they may be.

--

Now even Alex was confused. If he had the shifter uniform on, he was a shifter. But if this kid wasn't a dragon...
"Ah."
Alex remembered something he'd read. Not all Shifters were dragons, necessarily. Some just shifted into something else. Like a fish or something, before actually becoming a dragon. It was like dragon puberty, or something. He read about it awhile ago, anyway.
"You wouldn't happen to be a fish shifter, would you?" he assumed, looking a bit proud at his deduction. "They interested me, but I've never actually seen one, let alone met one. Or if not a fish, some thing that's not a dragon yet, right?" Alex was starting to get excited about his new discovery. He was about to ask if that meant the boy hasn't yet undergone dragon puberty or whatever, but he managed to keep his mouth shut about that.

"Very well then, let us head out," Elizabeth speaks, ready to head out of the dormitary in her new school uniform.

~~~

"Wha- wha- how did you figure?" Jin blushed from the realization that non-dragons, too, have heard of the legend of the Dragon Gate. "Even among Hunters who have seen all kinds of dragons, it's only a legend... I guess... y- you've read about the legend... the legend of the Dragon Gate... Yeah, I never really made it there... that's the reason why my father sent me to this school - to be a real dragon. I don't know if that will happen, though..."

Jin went from nervous to a little saddened. "I'll probably end up standing out like a fish out of water - in a bad way..."

(@Serrek , please delete your post. Thank you.)

Cecilia quickly donned her own uniform and followed her out. "Know anything about this school? Like where we should go first?"

--

Alex smirked, and pushed his glasses back up. "All that research does me good from time to time," he answered.
Seeing the young boy stuttering, he patted him on the shoulder with his left arm. "You'll make it, just don't worry about it so much. If you need anything, always feel free to give me a shout," he smiled reassuringly, giving him a thumbs up with his gloved hand.
Trying to stray off the topic of the kid's failures, he tried to think of something to do between now and the assembly.
And failed.
He didn't really know what there was to do here. He'd only just arrived himself like everyone else.
"Wanna check out our dorm? You probably wanna set your stuff down, anyway," he gestured to dorm 1's door.

Aurora nodded to her slowly "I am European and I can tell yb your name that you are Asian.. No offense by the steryo typeing its just.. kinda true." She stated before standing up and smileing. "So! As for the Violin I personally and gifted with a very good voice... I can change the pitch of my voice and Accents to make myself sound different. I am good with just about an instrument except..... the triangle.. its just to simple for me to get to know. I cant get a rythme together." She said knowing full well the stupidity stemming from that. "I am also.. kinda hungry.." She mumbled out before going into her room and coming out with a bag of dried meat sticks. "Not worthy of my stature but.. so good." She sighed out before beginning to gnaw on them. Her teeth sawing through the tough beef like it was air. "Well, I am going to go see what this school is like.. If you wish to join me you may.. I also want to find an apple.. I could use an apple." She mumbled out at the end.​

Last edited:
Leon unpacked his clothes and such in silence which was something he didn't hear often. To him the less noise he heard, the better. He heard enough noise when him and his mother tried to live peacefully within the Shifters village before the Hunters burned it down and murdered their kin. He sighed as he let the thoughts slip away and changed into his uniform. He set most of his clothes on the bed and left the room.

He was briefed that there would be an assembly, but as to when he wasn't sure. He figured for now it could be a good time to explore, perhaps see what other Shifters might exist within the academy. And even which Hunters he would blacklist. But he would cross those bridges when he got to them, for now it was time to see what this place had to offer. He securely closed the door and fixed up his uniform before heading off to walk the halls.

"Classroom hallways are ideal," Elizabeth comments, "it may give us an idea on our learning environment."

~~~

"I guess you're right. Maybe. Maybe not..." Jin sighs. "I just don't know what I'll do in the two combat classes everyone has. Anyways, I think it'll be best to have a look at the rooms, see what's where and such..."

"Yeah, I guess that's true," Heeyoung said, giving a sheepish grin. "That's really cool! I'm no good at anything like that."

She stood in silence, fidgeting awkwardly as the other girl decided to randomly start eating.

At the other girl's suggestion, she perked up. "Oh, um, sure. Sounds like fun, but I don't think you'll be finding a whole lot of apples to eat at a school," she laughed. "If I remember right, I can find the cafeteria or vending machines for us, if you'd like," she offered, trying to be helpful.

--

"Sounds kinda plain and boring, but whatever I guess," Cecilia complained, shrugging. "Let's head on over."

--

"Ah, don't be so down on yourself, you got this!" Alex cheerfully declared. "There's more to combat than just pummeling your opponents to death, you know. You could always just hide, or defend. I can help you with the latter. But yeah, I suppose going on tour of the campus isn't a bad idea. Wanna lead the way, or should I?"

Ravinger hesitantly approached his father's office, once entering, he could practically feel his father's angry presence. They never got along, so the atmosphere was usually tense when they actually see each other. His father was being pressured by the other hunter families to send his heir into the new school, but he didn't agree with their terms. But Ravi was determind not to let this oppurtunity slip from him. He couldn't; for the sake of his sanity anyway. He coughed to catch his father's attention, who in turn only flicked his hand to show he was listening but didn't really care.

"Look, I know you don't want to send sister to the new academy..." He said, "I think it'd benefit the both of us to just let me go in her stead." Attempting to keep a straight face. After finishing the sentence, his father immediately turned his wheeled chair, then glared at him.

"I may be desperate, but not by that much! I don't want to ruin the family reputation by sending you." He spat, "You gave up the career a long time ago, what make's you think I'll even bother with you." His father's words kind of stung, but he didn't want to give up now.

"Allow me to prove myself...Please? I promise you won't regret it..."
He begged, actually bowing his head to further help his point. This hurt his pride, but just as long as he's gone by morning, he wouldn't care. 'Then I'd finally be able to escape this hell.' His father huffed.

"Very well."

---

Ravinger arrived to the school the morning after their talk, and sighed in relief after taking a step out of the car. The weight that was once on him now felt like it was taken from him. He lazily strolled inside and checked in the office with all the neccesary paperwork. The receptionist's cheery attitude was a nice change from his family's serious ones, so he smiled back at her. "Welcome to Poloure Academy." She greeted, and he just replied with a simple thanks.

He made his way towards the dorms after receiving everything. Once getting to room 103, he beelined to the bed. Ignoring the uniform that was on it.​

Aurora nodded to the girl "Alright, lets find those vending machines then." She stated before stretching her arms and legs out "I hate moving... I feel so lazy sitting still though.. I miss soccer." She groaned and whined almost silently to herself. Finally putting her stuff away she came back out once more and began to walk "Come on if you want to join me.." She continued on before leaving the Girls Dormitory and out into the main area. Finally wandering around enough she found the Cafeteria and a vending machine. She walked up to it and pulled out a Euro. She looked at the machine then and her money and once more at the machine before groaning "Im so hungry it it doesn't accept.. Oh it does." She said before inserting the bill and getting her snack.​

"A school for both Shifters and Hunters?" Robin asked once he finished reading the brochure. His mother nodded, regarding all five of her children seated in the kitchen with her. Robin's three eldest siblings looked disgusted at the idea of obtaining an education with dragon spawn, while the other looked perplexed. He, on the other hand, could only be confused. While he had entertained the idea of Shifters and Hunters coming together for a single purpose, he didn't think it would happen during his time. He looked at his sister, Sophie, who was older than him by one year and by her expression he knew she thought the same too.

"We have been asked to send one of you to the school to participate in this . . . experiment." Automatically his mother looked to the oldest, Alice, who immediately refused to participate. The next two voiced their disapproval and Sophie opened her mouth but then closed it before saying anything.

"I'll go," Robin volunteered, looking at the pamphlet again. "I'm interested to see how this works out."

* * *​

And so he stood before the large school gates of Poloure Academy, bags tucked under his arms as he proceeded through. He arrived at the front office where a lady in her thirties greeted him with a form to fill out. Once finished, he handed it back in exchange for a set of keys with the number 2, indicating his room. With his items in tow he made his way up to the dorms, following a boy who also seemed on his way to his own room.

"Excuse me," he said as he maneuvered around two boys who were chatting in front of the entrance to the boys' dorms. Robin noted the contrasting uniforms they had: The shorter, effeminate looking boy wearing the gold and red Shifter uniforms while the older ones wore the silver and blue of the Hunters. Seems people are able to get along after generations of conflict between the two sides after all.

He arrived at his dorm and entered to see his roommate had already been here but left for some reason. Robin set his stuff on his own side of the room, noticing his own blue and silver uniform folded neatly on his bed. He'll put it on later, before the assembly starts. For now, he'll unpack and claim any space he can before his roommate takes anymore.

Leon continued through the halls until he stopped at a vending machine. He pulled a bill out of his wallet and put it in the machine. He pressed a button allowing a bottle of water to be dispensed to him. He grabbed the water and continued on through the halls. Feeling it wasn't that cold he decided to make it cold himself by letting an icy aura engulf it as the skin on his hand turned to scales to protect himself from the freezing temperature. The aura quickly dispersed and the contents of the bottle was pure ice making him sigh.

"Well I guess that was a bit too much." He mumbled as he carried the bottle of ice. This place did seem pretty nice, and it was obvious how to tell Shifters and Hunters apart by uniforms. Although for the time being he tried avoid most of who he saw. Especially Hunters, he wasn't sure how they would act here and he was doubtful he refrain himself from attacking them if they made some comment about him. For now he would just explore and observe, and wait till his right handing holding the frosted bottle somewhat returned to normal.

Heeyoung had followed the violinist to the main area and found the vending machines. Apparently they accepted any currency, which was convenient. She figured she might as well grab something since she was there too. Pulling out some money and putting it into the machine, she got a chocolate bar and started eating it.
"Were you good at soccer?" she asked, not knowing what else to talk about.

Aurora looked over at the girl as she got her own food to eat. She saw the chocolate bar and shuddered slightly "I dont eat anything but nearly 60% or darker chocolate.. it upsets my stomach." Aurora let out before stretching "Oh, I am really good at Soccer. It was the only sport I could get because its really complicated... well not in sight but when you get down to it... the play style is very complex and extremelly team oriented." She explained before looking around for a place to sit. "Uh.. Every seems to be very..distant.. I mean I have seen some people but most of them are so quiet and withdrawn that its abit upsetting." She grumbled out before raising the object to her mouth. She tilted her head before turning around and doing what she normally did when eating something new. Her fangs formed and injected the toxic Venom into the snack or atleast tried to before she took a bite. When she finished the fangs folded back up into the roof of her mouth and disappeared. She then turned around so the girl could see her face once more and smiled slightly "Sorry.. I have a very bad habit... I just don't like others seeing what it is."

"Oh..." Heeyoung said softly, reading over the bar's packaging. Milk chocolate. The other girl wouldn't like it. Deciding that talking about sick stomachs wouldn't lead anywhere, she smiled at the mention of soccer.
"That sounds like fun," she smiled. She had never played soccer in her life, but it was obvious that at least Aurora enjoyed it. At the mention of people like her upsetting her, Heeyoung looked a bit downcast.
"Sorry for upse-" she began to apologize, before the other girl turned around, apparently devouring her food. She tilted her head, confused by the behavior. As Aurora explained her reasons, the Korean girl smiled.
"It's okay, I have a habit I don't like others knowing or pointing out either."

Aurora nodded slowly then heard what she was saying "I don't know why you think you are uspetting me.. You are actually walking around and speaking like a normal human.. I perfer it that way." She said before shrugging "I personally.. have to do things a certain way when eating something from somewhere I don't know.. So.. I get whatever is inside dead.. Bacteria... and all kind of poisons get taken out and replaced wth something else... So.. I do it quickly then I can enjoy it bite by bite." She said with a small frown as she finished off the snack bar. "Uhh... What now.." She asked before yawning "I think I will.. go and try some other people. Want to come along?" She asked before wandering towards the Boy's Dorms.

"I see," Heeyoung smiled at her new friend. By the way she was talking, she must be cleaning her food, in one way or another, whenever she turned away. She didn't want to pry, though, and didn't ask about it.
"I suppose meeting people would do us some good," she responded, hopping off her seat as she did. "But why the Boy's Dorms?" she inquired, catching up and walking beside Aurora.

I don't get it.. Why would mother want me to enter an academy like this?

The petite female mumbled to herself, slowly walking into the academy. She really didn't get why she was here, since Hunters also inhabited the area. She was still quite paranoid about the whole thing, but since she was already here, she might as well do come to terms with it. Her mother wanted her to stop hating humans and hunters; which she found tough based off her complicated history with them, but it was her mother's dying wish, and she saw no better way to attempt to like humans than to attend a school with them. What she didn't get was why there were still hunters. If they wanted to make a school where both humans and dragon shifters could be at peace, why not just stop having hunters--

She suddenly stopped that train of thought and let a deep breath in, and out it went. "Don't be so stupid.. There are bad shifters out there as well, so if there were no Hunters, the bad dragons won't have much to stop them." As much as she hated the fact, she had to come into terms with them. Back to the topic of the academy, it was grand. It wasn't anything she was used to in the slightest. Once she actually entered the inside, she was probably dumb folded. She had never been in a building, or in school to begin with since she always refused to go to one.

She did, however, enter on time to hear the short speech. Application, application, ah, good, she remembered. If she didn't there would be some trouble. She then placed the few sheets of paper down on the counter where she assumed other applicants to have placed it. She just hoped that there wasn't a separate pile for hunters and dragons, but then again, she should be fine. In any case, she looked up at the woman who was speaking with a confident smile on her face, and it reassured her, somewhat

The application was kept between the pages of a grimoire, that she held close to her. The cover of the large book was purple, with a dragon symbol on the cover. Apparently, she had to fill out another thing, and being as short as she was, she had to take the paper and the pen and use the back of her grimoire to finish the paper. She placed it back on the counter, and bowed her head to be polite. The woman in the front gave her the keys, and all she heard was Dorm 4, and she kind of got the gist of it.

Holding the keys in one hand, and her grimoire with her other arm wrapped around it, she looked around quickly before looking for the female's dormitory. Ah, this'll take a while, and it did. It took her about 3 minutes to finally find it, despite it being nearby, and she ran inside looking for the room, and opened it up with the key she was given. "Thank goodness, this works." She sighed of relief. Looking around in her new room, she found a small bookshelf and placed her grimoire on it, along with a few tomes next to it from a suitcase. She had another suitcase of clothing and a small section for-- were those mediums? A wooden staff, and glass orb. There was also a small pack of make-up, since her dad bought it for her when he came to visit her last year. Finally, there was a ring which resembled a flower bud, and she placed it on her ring finger. "Okay, this should be good!" She mumbled, closing and locking her door.

It didn't take long for her to realize there was a uniform on a hanger in her room, and so she stripped down from her clothing to put it on. She had made an effort to make it look like she didn't come down from a volcano in ashes. Putting the uniform on her, just so that it would fit properly, was hard enough. She didn't think it suited herself, considering that her hair was unruly at the moment. Finally, she took out a comb from one of the smaller bags and started attempting to tame it. She was at least able to get most of the tangles, but some of the 'flakes' in her hair was annoying. That was until she saw the time.

"Oh dear.. If they are doing something, I'm gonna be late!" She panicked, quickly leaving her rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.