Drako-ration <ACADEMIA>

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it.. I may also make a hunter if you need me to.. I just don't like having more than one characters as Aurora will be my main and I wont give as much effort towards the other.

I'd like that, but you don't have to force yourself. Having fun is an important part of Roleplays.

I will not halt you from the decision you make.

I may make one then. I just cant wait for it to start. This is the first group Rp I have joined in a few months.

Alright, I'm going to call my CS done!

Also I might (might being the keyword here) make another CS, most likely a Hunter too.

I7LnXUJ.jpg

Name: Li Xue
Hunter
Nationality: Chinese

Appearance:
Li is a girl that blends in with her environment. She holds no imposing traits, nor does she possess any gravity of aura around her to make herself noticeable. Li stands in at a rather diminutive 150 centimeters and weighs 41 kilograms. Her body frame is thin and lithe, exhibiting a slender agility and grace. As a whole, Li appears rather inconspicuous, observing no extremes of any trait, maintaining a tender balance of feature and aura that stand out to no one in particular. She is a forgettable woman, not worth observing, admiring, or reviling, simply existing in a wholesome centrality mirroring her affinity with the placidity of nature itself. Li dresses in oriental clothing of various cultures ranging from her traditional Chinese to more vibrant Japanese or Korean garb.

Personality:
Li is a rather softspoken young woman with a rather taciturn method of expression, a trademark of her relative isolation from social interaction. She doesn't have a tempered confidence, and observes timidity in the face of new experiences quite quickly. She has a rather sharp mind, and is quick to perceive minor details that others would likely not catch. This attention to detail also complements her introspective thought processes that center around reflection, analysis and logical deduction. Due to these traits, Li highly prefers structure and order rather than carefree chaos in her life, and is oft to plan out her events to harrowing detail. Such adherence to order exacerbates her weakness to novelty though, as it causes the unexpected to become even more significant and glaring, shaking down her confidence considerably as a result. Even with her rather logical orderliness, Li is also given to fanciful rumination and observes a vibrant mindset rife with idealistic imagination and childish preferences. She can be called innocent this way, but it is merely so due to her lack of experience with the world. She possesses a detailed understanding of maturity and all its connotations, but she has not directly experienced them in her own way so as to learn and develop an unique persona.

Despite her feebleness against unfamiliarity, Li has a surprisingly durable willpower that extends into obstinacy. If she believes her opinion is right, she will firmly think so with a resolute steadfastness almost comical in scale. In the case that her confidence is directly challenged over a matter of ideology, it is not her stance on an issue or idea that will change, but merely that she will be unable to distinctly articulate her position due to timidity. This inability of expression often takes the form of a nervous stutter or blanking of the mind as ideas once known slip. Li is a vibrant individual for the most part despite her lack of expression, and her world view is similarly sunny. She is a natural optimist, and holds a keen perception for empathy. This does not mean that she is some angel, and she does possess a rather vindictive side to her, though this never escalates to a scale where it becomes malignant.

Strengths:
-Ideologically Firm: Li possesses an obdurate willpower that allows her to remain steadfast in situations of pressure, though this also translates as a weakness.
-Archery: Li's only real combat experience is in archery, and this can't be called combat in its truest sense. She has never participated in actual combat, and never even deigns to think about it seriously. Rather, she practices archery as an art form, immersing herself in its subtle beauties rather than admiring its nature was a weapon of war. In this sense, Li is not fit for combat, even if her technical prowess with the bow is high.
-Eye of the Mind: Li has a fast paced and highly capable mind that operates in an almost mechanical manner under duress. She can compartmentalize the tiniest of details through analysis and perceive the most minute of differences. This allows her to formulate accurate plans with an uncanny foresight crafted from sharp logical deduction.
-Focus: Tied in with her strength in planning. Li holds an unbreakable focus necessary to process the sheer multitude of details in her environment even under pressure of tense situations. It allows her to ignore extraneous details and stifle down natural inhibitors such as fear.

Weaknesses:
Narrow Minded: Tied in with her natural stubborn streak. Li has the tendency to become, ironically, shortsighted and focus excessively one minor aspects rather than picturing whole images.
Unfit for Combat: Li has a vast wealth of talent and training with the bow, but she has never once considered utilizing it in offensive manner. All of her training was geared towards simply learning the bow and appreciating it on a natural scale, not on one intended for the mindset of a combatant/

Weaponry:

Taolu

BZ85GBF.png
A supple bow crafted from the scales of a golden dragon, which were melted into a pure ore and smithed with the utmost prowess into a construct metallic in its hardiness but as light and flexible as yew. It is classified as a long bow, and possesses an austerity to it that grants it a simplistic beauty. It's golden luster emanates a distinct pride regardless of its wholesome state of being without any artificial decoration or patterning. The scales the bow was forged out of possessed a magical trait of powerful attraction energy very similar to magnetism, but not limited to any metals. This magic is activated when the bowstring is drawn backwards, marking whatever projectile is within its grasp with a spell that causes it to become attracted to the bow itself.
However, this magic has been modified slightly so as to make it so that the projectile, once fired, does not return back to the bow, but orbits around the bow in an ellipse like rotation, with one end of the ellipse at the designated target and the opposite end being just behind the archer, marking the archer as the farthest focus of the ellipse. So if an arrow was to be fired to strike at a target twenty meters away, the arrow would have to be fired at a diagonal line away from the target, whereupon the arrow would take an ellipse shaped trajectory, accelerating constantly, and striking the target en route of its orbit. In addition, since the route of the ellipse itself doesn't actually end with the archer, the projectile actually goes on an infinite loop, constantly orbiting around the archer back to a designated target, and so on.
The route of the fired arrow can also be directed once fired by aiming at a target with the bow in firing position. This requires absolute concentration on a single target, and blocks out sensory perception of the environment around the archer, inducing a severe tunnel vision of sorts. Needless to say, the archer cannot even move to break this concentration once the arrow is fired, being required to remain stationary to guide the arrow to its target. In this manner, whatever is fired from the bow can become a homing missile that, if not blocked or destroyed, will constantly loop around and zoom in on a single target, continually gaining acceleration with each orbital around the archer. Of course, there is still the glaring weakness that if the arrow doesn't severely incapacitate whatever it strikes on the first hit, there is a significant grace period where the archer is literally useless as the arrow loops back around. This grace period becomes more difficult to avoid for every consecutive loop the arrow makes, as the arrow constantly gains momentum, and of course can take a shorter route if a target begins to close in on the stationary archer. Visual confirmation of the target is not actually necessary, merely requiring an approximation of where the target is should they conceal their presence in someway, although of course hiding does still help as it becomes more difficult to pinpoint and exact location to direct the arrow. When the magic of the bow is being utilized, the golden patterns inlaid within it begin to glow radiantly, which, though possessing a nice aesthetic appeal, negates any ability to stealthily snipe targets, making this bow essentially require an arrow powerful enough to compensate for being a sitting duck.

Pinyin

GX8WlwR.png
A mystical arrow crafted from the bones of the same dragon the bow is composed of. It appears to be an unsightly helix of metallic spikes coiled together and is surprisingly large in comparison with regular arrows, being a meter long and having a distinct bulk that would usually make it completely unfit for a bow. It is also not as if the arrow is unnaturally light, and though it weighs far less than say a slab of metal its size, it still is heavier than a typical wooden arrow by a good margin. It has a handle of sorts ending in a bladed hilt, which makes this "arrow" appear much like a sword, and indeed, it can be used as one in sub optimal conditions. The reason its main strength lies in its form as an arrow is due to its passive magical ability.
g22aH2M.jpg
The arrow itself is like a hyper efficient generator that stores and processes all forms of energy, releasing it into a massive burst of power around itself like a jet burst. When fired from a bow, it harvests the movement based energy thrust upon it to generate a continuous burst of speed like an engine. It is hyper efficient, so just starting its movement is enough to grant it enough energy to sustain a several minute long flight. When fired from a regular bow, this means that the arrow is capable of travelling huge distances impossible to regular arrows. However, when this ability is combined with the potentially endless rotational acceleration granted by the Taolu bow, it becomes a devastating arrow more akin to a missile. As the arrow does not have to expend the majority of its harvested energy to fuel its flight, it can instead absorb the constantly escalating energy to coat itself in an aura of chaotic crimson red energy that grows larger and larger the longer it stays in motion, becoming proportionally more powerful. The energy is highly explosive and possesses an immense stopping power due to the hyper efficient energy storage of the arrow itself allowing it to output far more explosive energy than it absorbs. Of course, once this arrow impacts something, a significant majority of its gathered energy will be expended into a devastating collision, requiring it to move once more to build up power.
This arrow is the only reason that the Taolu bow is a practical weapon, as it compensates somewhat for the severe drawbacks of not being able to abuse stealth, free movement, and basic awareness of one's surroundings through sheer power. It is something that usually must be dodged, meaning that the strategy inherent to the bow and arrow is naturally incredibly disadvantageous against fast and mobile targets, while being conversely effective against slow and armored targets. If this style can be compared to modern weaponry, it would be most akin to that of heavy artillery. It is potentially possible to utilize the distance enhancing capacity of this arrow along with the constant acceleration of the bow itself to cause the maximum effective range of the arrow to cap at around two kilometers, but at the expense of having a much slower charge rate to become a deadly weapon that would normally be applicable with the regular range of an arrow. In fact, Li can be called absolutely useless in close and even mid ranged combat because of all her inherent weaknesses. She only truly shines in long range combat, and even then, requires a good chunk of time to charge up the arrow to the point where it becomes destructive.

Dragon Tears

JBP1WOE.jpg
Six vials filled with the tears of the same dragon Li's other weapons are composed of. They have a potent healing property when applied, but their main combative usage are as eyesight enhancers. When applied directly to human eyes, the tears infuse magical energy, causing the eyes to become draconic in nature, allowing for massively extended vision, enhanced perception towards light sensitivity and movement, thermal recognition, and night vision. Sharp human eyesight can be drawn out to a range just over two kilometers this way. This enhanced eyesight lasts five minutes, and causes severe myopia for a day after its effects wear out, to the point where one can basically be deemed blind as the world would be perceived in incomprehensible blurs. Continuous usage after being applied once to extend the duration of the eyesight is incredibly harmful to eyesight, and may permanently damage the eyes, making this, for the most part, a one time usage item. They may be applied again safely after two days of being used.

Known skills:

Planner:
The capacity to formulate highly accurate and useful plans under duress while considering a vast range of variables. A highly useful skill that contains plenty of others within it such as the willpower to ignore stress, a keen perception, etc.

History:
Li was born into a family that had long possessed a grudge against a certain race of eastern dragons. The conflict was one that had dated back almost a thousand years, and was one that had lasted such a long time that is could not be called a true conflict in this present day and age, merely fading away to lingering hostilities that had become so farcical that the largest of hostilities would simply be over a business or land issue. Regardless of whether or not there remained any bloodshed, Li was still born into a family that cherished the tradition of being a hunter. To the family, being a hunter was not simply an occupation or title, but rather a way of life. To be a hunter was to observe certain ideologies and philosophies, a thought process that mirrors the nature of Taoist martial arts. Of course, Li's family was not one that was completely entrenched in age old history, and had adapted as modernity arose. But even so, it was simply the bare minimum required for them to continue thriving reliably that allowed them to keep the family influential. Hundreds of years ago, the family would have been prominent as members of the upper class that also participated secretly in the taboo industry of merchantry, and now in this modern age they had adapted to being a family entrenched as a business tycoon of the shipping industry.

Li spent most of her childhood within her home, experiencing an advanced elite education geared towards producing a heir that would maintain the financial stability of the house while also respecting the deep and long lived tradition the family had as hunters. As such, Li spent her life in the world of the modern and past simultaneously, learning of archery and the details of dragons alongside mathematics and English. When Li's parents both passed away from an accident, she inherited the rights to the property and the family heirloom weapons bestowed upon the next hunter in line to become heir, but entrusted the managing of the house and general business affairs to her uncle. She had never felt any significant attachment to her parents, who were, for the most part, non factors in her life due to business related ventures. The only real bond she possessed was with her educator in both archery and modern education, who suggested she finally take a step outside her home to Poloure Academy for her own benefit.

Other Information:
N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bad at explaining stuff, so if there's any detail about the abilities you wanted to know then I can try to clarify.

Overall, Li Xue will be OK. Although, I might have an idea...

You could use a little work on spelling but other than that it's alright.

sorry /~\ still geting the hang of english will do my best

Alrighty.

The Hunter ratio is about close to balanced so I'll wait for one or two more Hunters before commencement.

Reactions: Kaykay
Note to self - don't go to cons on Weekdays.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for one or two more Hunter/s. Our cast seems alright in size so I won't make the ad anytime soon.

I added a 'dormitary' section to the cast post.

Should I just start now and hope that the number of Dragon Shifters present don't overload as more people take interest?

Sure. I can make a 3rd character as a hunter if you want.

I have no objections to that action.

I'll probably make my hunter cs later. Wondering is it possible for a dragon-hunter hybrid? Or more like a hunter who happens to have a dragon shifter as one of her ancestors?

I'll probably make my hunter cs later. Wondering is it possible for a dragon-hunter hybrid? Or more like a hunter who happens to have a dragon shifter as one of her ancestors?

You mean like one of those Dhamphir Vampire slayer guys?

Well, here's how it verks

Dragon Shifters themselves are actually humans. Humans with magic. If Dragon Shifters breed with regular, non-magic humans, they will either produce a Dragon Shifter or a regular human, no inbetweens.

But... what are the details of your proposed plans, anyways?

I would get to work making a hunter right now, but i'm going to be gone with no internet starting Sunday. If I joined would I slow down the RP or would I be able to have some IC reason why I was missing. If not I wish you all good luck with this RP.

1381021343771.jpg

Name: Cecilia Bellamy
Hunter
Nationality: French

Appearance: Cecilia is 1.7 meters tall and weighs 55 kg. Tends to wear the cloak even at school whenever she can.
Personality: Cecilia is fairly sarcastic, being somewhat rude to people she doesn't know. She's really kind and gets attached easily once she gets to know someone, though she is bad at expressing it. Individuality pleases her and she likes people who are willing to express themselves, despite her own poor ability of expressing her kindness.
Likes: Strong individuals, soccer, blade work, rebels, drawing
Dislikes: Conformity, being mocked, being shrugged off
Strengths: She holds herself confidently and is good at caring for the people she actually knows.
Weaknesses: Doesn't know herself well, often failing to judge exactly how good or bad she is at things.

Weaponry:
-The Void red: It is capable of cutting away anything. Steel walls, dragon hide, paper, recyclables, watermelons, whatever. However, it is powered by her blood and is only a simple, albeit incredibly durable, sword when she is not pouring her blood into it. She can continuously feed it for about a day at max, though this would make her unable to use it for a while afterwards. She gets a little lightheaded using it for more than an hour.

She also carries knives around.

Known skills: Stealthy, master swordswoman, expert knife thrower. She's not bad at soccer. She is adept at parkour, scaling walls effortlessly and the like. She can draw well with pencils and pens, but is a poor painter.

History: Cecilia was raised to be an assassin, killing Shifters before they even knew what was coming. She trained in this fashion until she was 10, when she told her parents she didn't want to focus on sneaking around, she wanted to wield her sword better than anyone else. Accepting this, the focus on projectile throwing and sneaking about was lessened in favor of training her blade work. She became extremely proficient very quickly, overtaking her parents at 13. Satisfied, her parents sent her off to Poloure Academy. If she could blend in among the Shifters, she would become a great assassin, even if Cecilia herself didn't realize it.
Other Information: She mostly lost interest in truly becoming an assassin. Her parents still want her to, though.​

Cecilia's all good to accept, I suppose.

I'll update the Roster List t'morrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.