Dragons' War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alric took some time to reply to him. Seemed as if he tried to remember it. Scythe waited patiently until he heard the dragon's answer. Navnik? He never heard of that place before. He wondered where it was. But before he could ask, he asked him about his origin. He smiled faintly remembering it. Back in the time when humans were the only predators on Earth. He was just a kid living in Canada, Vancouver to be exact. Living with only his mom as his father was a drunk asshole that left them when he was 3. His house was a typical wooden cabin close to a forest with a beautiful lake that sometimes froze in the winter. He loved nature and all kind of animals. He preferred animals than those of his same kind. "Vancouver. It's in Canada, but my house burned down before dragons started appearing before our eyes." Along with his mother, by the hands of the same bastard that shared his blood. Out of revenge he wanted to destroy what they loved after Scythe kicked his ass a few days, with just 16 years and a baseball bat. In fact, Scythe wasn't his name back then. It was... Ian... Right. He decided to forget it along with his past. Shaking the memory away, he looked at Nocturna and smiled slightly. "And you, Nocturna? Where so you come from?"
@AshenAngel @Katrina Iceheart

Nocturna glanced over at Scythe when he asked of her origins. She frowned for a long moment, trying to recall her original home one last time. She let out a soft sigh. "Some place long gone and long forgotten." She spoke simply, unable to give a better answer. It seemed to be that homes were hard to keep, for humans and dragons alike.

firnen_by_murtagh231-d5b9af9.jpg

Jade wearily watched as the male turned away, weaving around the trees. Her body was too bulky for such maneuvering. She moved on towards the scent she was tracking, sure she would run into the male again. There were so many Dragons in the area now.

"That seems to be a common story among everyone nowadays, doesn't it?" Alric said, extending his wings and then brought them back in. He didn't want to get too tired, and that'd wake him up a bit. The backrub was good. It had been a long time since he had last been thoroughly groomed and massaged. Back at his camp, they didn't really have time for such tiny things. But here in the disputed lands, he felt like he could stay forever.

Scythe listened to the white dragon and frowned slightly, glanicng then at Alric with his comment. "Yeah... I wonder if that will change. Or maybe we will just die before that." He chuckled softly and laid down over the dragon's back. At least he would die probably. Humans lived a lot less than dragons. He will be dead by the time this dragons' war reached a resolution.

Nocturna went quiet once more upon the chiming in of Alric. She found herself wanting to keep moving, something just not feeling right to her. She listened to the human speak and nodded softly in agreement. "Honestly it seems like no one truly knows what they are fighting for anymore. It's just for the sake of fighting. I won't join in a war that has no blatant cause."

"Maybe..." Alric said. He frowned slightly. He had been on the Furvus side when he found the war, mostly to get revenge on the people who destroyed his home. But maybe he was fighting for a lost cause. The humans who started out in the war were, without a doubt, dead. So why did Alric keep fighting? Here he was, with a human-esque scythe and a probably neutral Dragon, and no one was fighting. Quite the opposite, it was the most peaceful feeling Alric felt since he was a hatching.
"To be honest, it did have a cause at one point, but I think that it's since been long forgotten. Heh, I could be considered a traitor against Fervus for even being here, but I honestly think you're right young Dragon. But I think the war isn't going to finish any time soon. People aren't going to stop fighting because they have no reason. They'll just make stuff up then. Unless something happens between the two or a third, bigger force rises up, I don't think the end will be in my lifetime. But, seeing the end would be quite a spectacular thing." He said. He began to feel guilty for the trouble he had caused for Byrus, snowflake, and the human. Alric had always been a proud, ignorant dragon.

"It's not hard to realize what will happen. For beings like me, maybe the best side would be Albus, since he always fought for the humans well being, for dragons and humans to live together. But he can't decide what humans do. Many hate dragons, I can't understand why, so they will keep on killing dragons until they are killed. So its contradictory. Furvus always hated humans because of this and decided to exterminate them, wanting dragons to rule and conquer this world. Even then, he allowed many humans to join his forces to fight against Albus, including me, but if he wins, he will just kill all the remaining humans, even the ones that fought for him." He shrugged and rested on Alric's back feeling so at peace right there. He missed his dragon comrade a lot, moving his hand to caress the piece of jaw at his face. "I knew that and even then joined Furvus because I hate my own kind for our ignorance and need to be always in control, be always in charge and on top of everything. We kill ourselves just because we have different believes and opinions." He frowned quickly blocking the memories of his family. "I stopped caring about this useless fight and became neutral after my dragon was killed. No matter what aide you choose you will end up dead or watching the ones you care die." He rolled to his side placing a hand over the green scales of the Dragon, not liking to where this conversation moved to.

Alric grunted, half in understanding and half in agreement. This war, when really thought through, was stupid. Sadly most participants didn't see so. He himself hadn't earlier either. But now that he took a step back and saw, he noticed how asinine the waste was.
"Ha. You said earlier you weren't human." Alric teased, knowing full well what Scythe meant.

Scythe smirked at Alric's words and shook his head. "I'm a human, just by anatomy. I like to believe I'm different from those creatures." He shrugged and thought about himself. What happened to him in the past was enough to make him turn his back at his own race forever. He enjoyed the dragon's company a lot, even the ones that tried to kill him. He never killed a drgaon before, just humans, but he did injured some to survive. There were dragons that even knowing he was against humans wanted to kill him.

Ragnarok had been waiting patiently for a good and satisfying soul to relieve his hunger, and he finally found one, or two a really. A human and a dragon. And there was another dragon near. If he was lucky he would catch the three of them and not eat for at least a month. As they were busy speaking with each other, he attacked. Using his long ribs to catch the green dragon and the human over him, he drove them underearth and in a second they came out around Alric at both his sides, pinning him down to the ground harsly with Scythe trapped over him by one of the ribs. Ragnarök gave a high laugh and emerged from the soil in front of Alric. "What a nice catch! Nice catch. A young dragon, and a daring little human who think is better than the rest." A grinned appeared in his skull as he circled Alric, giving a cold glance at the white dragon near them.

"Ah-" Alric was cut off by Ragnarok's sudden and hostile ambush. Alric grunted, hardly able to breath correctly, let alone continue to speak. His eyes burned with hatred as the other Dragon circled him. After about three circles, Alric had gotten enough saliva to spit it out. It was highly acidic and flammable. He spat it out at the Dragon.
'Theres no way I will be cannibalized by this idiot!' Alric thought. He was determined to get out of his bind. He attempted to struggle against his cage, careful not to squash Scythe.

Nocturna's unsettled nerves were finally justified upon feeling the ground shift beneath them. A deep, veverbarating growl sounded from within the small white dragon as she locked her gaze upon their attacker. Her gaze was fierce as she didn't allow herself to feel afraid. Ice began to coat her body like armor.

When Alric managed to give a slight distraction in the form of spitting on the beastly dragon, she took her chance to attack. She shot a ball of ice at the skeletal dragon's hind legs, watching as thick ice erupted from the ground and slowed his movement for a short moment. White flames so cold they burned were next to escape her as she began her assault, hopefully buying time for Alric and Scythe to wiggle free from their entrapment.

Last edited:
[Cool]

purple-dagon-jpg.jpg

Malinda - Dragon - Furvus

The sound of bones snapping and being crunched on were coming from a black, purplish colored dragoness named Malinda. She was as cruel as one could get, as she takes pride in killing the weak. Even if it meant killing her own kind, which she didn't have any problem doing. Since after all some dragons decided to side with Albus, or didn't even choose which side to join. 'Only a fool would side with one as weak as Albus', Malinda thought as she finished the last of her kill. But she wasn't satisfied with the measly little doe she had hunted, no she needed something else that would fill her belly as well her need to kill. Spreading her wings, the dark female took to the skies in search of her next target.

@AshenAngel @Katrina Iceheart

Scythe didn't have time to react. Suddenly he was pinned down against Alric's back by some bars... No... Bones? They looked old and dirty, like covered in mud, or even blood in several parts. He tried to move away but one of the ribs had his abdomen trapped and the other was at his one of his forelegs. He tried to take out his sword but then he thought better about it as he heard the new dragon mock him. His blue eyes were filled with anger as he glared at the moving skeleton when he circled Alric and he was able to now see him. How did an anatomy like his survive? No organs, no flesh, how did that worked. Another fact was that he wasn't going to be able to injure him. How in hell could you injure simple bones that were very hard to break coming from a dragon? It was starting to get difficult to breath for him now, but he tried to remain calm as Alric and Nocturna attacked him.

Ragnarök looked at the green dragon as he spit his acid. He tried to move away but the acid still reached his humerus, radius, and ulna. His bones started to disintegrate as he then felt unable to move his knee. Looking backwards, he saw the ice pasting his leg bones and he laughed amused looking at the white dragon. "Nice! Nice! I like to play with the food a bit. Come one! You can do better than that, right? If not... What is the use of giving you more minutes of life?" He moved his leg harshly and broke the ice as he ran after the white dragon. He had no flesh or muscles to be an easy target, but the acid of Alric was already having it's effect and soon his left arm fell to the ground. Ragnarök stopped and looked at it laughing. He gave a look at Alric and his arm starting moving by its own, crawling towards his neck as his ribs kept his body and head down. Looking back at the female, he growled and launched with force against her with the help of his wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a skeletal dragon running around on three legs is almost as fast as you, that's when you know you're completely and utterly screwed. Nocturna moved quickly, narrowly dodging the slashing claws and fangs that would surely be the death of her if she didn't. Seeing the detached arm of the skeletal dragon skittering it's way towards Alric and Scythe, she managed to let loose another shot of ice, encasing the limb in it in hopes of buying Alric a bit more time. She took a flying leap up into a tree in order to evade another attack. Gaining the high ground, a torrent of white flames poured from her mouth. She was determined not to stop until the skeletal dragon was nothing but a heap of charred splinters. Silently she prayed that Alric would hurry up and help her already.

Alric saw that his saliva was able to melt away the bones of the Dragon. He was still barely able to breath, but he tilted his head back and spit on the bones encasing him. He summoned up another mouthful of spit and shot it at the back of the bone head of the skeletal dragon. Hopefully it was enough to kill the thing at its roots so the arm wasn't able to reach him. He would've honestly tried to stretch and try to break out, but scythe was there and Alric wasn't going to squash him.​

(I'm sorry I took so long to reply x.x I had examns from college and then I couldn't understand very well the new layout to get into the IC thread. I'm sorry!)

Ragnarok laughed madly as he ran after the white female. As she stopped his arm from moving and flew to a tree, he felt something burning on his neck and in the next moment his head was rolling down on the ground. Ragnarok didn't say anything, didn't moved, and next thing, his body was falling to the ground. But of course, that wasn't the end. He was just playing dead as his ribs melted as well and Alric could break free along with the human. He wasn't finished, he was having fun above all and he wasn't going back under earth anytime soon.

Scythe felt the ribs tightening up over them and he was starting to feel dizzy with the lack of air he was able to get into his lungs. He could hear Nocturna fighting the skeleton and how this one laughed as if he was enjoying hunting his own kind. Then, in a moment he felt the ribs movings along with Alric under him, finally being able to move and take a deep breath of air. He took his katana with him and jumped down from Alric, his eyes looking at Nocturna over a tree and the skeletal dragon laying on the floor with his skull separated from the rest. A part of him trapped in a big block of ice, probably his arm and claws. Looking at Alric, he wondered if they were finally safe. "Are you okay?"
@Katrina Iceheart @AshenAngel

Status
Not open for further replies.