Dragons of the Mountains (AmazingDan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason looked up sharply when he heard movement behind him, but relaxed when he saw it was Rowena. The male sighed and stood up, stretching with s soft grunt. He thought that maybe he should follow her... incase something happened. But she had Odo, right? Still, he couldn't help but worry and started to follow at a distance, curious about where she was going. Maybe she couldn't sleep like him. He was too busy worrying over hus family. Mason was sp lost in thought he tripped over a tree root and loudly crashed into a thorn Bush, "Ow ow ow..." he whispered loudly to himself, sure that Rowena had heard him no doubt. But that had really hurt, with those tiny little thorns. The boy looked at the other female, ready to get yelled at.

Sharply spinning around at the large crash that had just occurred, she immediately wiped away any tears that lingered on her cheeks and cleared her throat, willing her eyes to dry quickly. She hated anyone seeing her like this. She needed a reputation to uphold. She couldn't be the weak Dragon Rider who cried. What a joke she would be. No one would ever think she was worthy for the job then. "Mason. What...what are you doing out here?" She questioned quietly, wandering over and taking one of his hands to begin her attempts to pull him out of the thorns. She sighed softly, counted to three and gave a firm pull upward to get him out, stumbling backward slightly as she did upon briefly losing her own footing in her effort to get him up.

"Uh... well uh..." Mason started to mumble, grunting as she helped him up. He helped her glance herself after and rubbed the back of kia neck, "Well... I couldn't sleep... and I was already out... so... I wad kinda worried that you could get lost or hurt, so yeah." He blushed slightly and sighed, "Sorry.. I won't do it again... you need privacy Soooooo....." he started backing up towards him and Mitch's tent thing.

"No! I mean...no. It's fine. I...I don't mind. I just...just couldn't sleep is all. You weren't disturbing or interrupting anything." She was quick to try and stop him from leaving, biting her lower lip at how desperate and anxious she must have seemed. Rowena dropped her gaze to her feet, shuffling awkwardly, "But-but you know. If you were planning on heading back anyway...then that's fine. I was planning on staying out here for a little longer anyways..."

Mason shook his head, "Its, uh, fine. I can stay." He smiled awkwardly and glanced up at the millions of stars sparkling in the night sky, "I can show you something, if you want." He said, brown eyes traveling back to meet Rowena's gaze, "I know I place that helps me relax when I can't sleep. I think you'll like it, too." He added, rocking on his feet. He hoped she said yes, it was a very special place that he shared with some of his friends.

Rowena offered a small smile as he said he would stay, feeling rather relieved that he wouldn't be going anytime soon. It would be nice to have his company after everything...even though they had only met yesterday, he had done...a hell of a lot for her. Her hands fidgeted together as he spoke again and soon she found herself nodding, "Sure," she smiled faintly again, "I'd like that."

"Awesome." Mason grinned and started going off of the initial trail, glancing back at his new friend(ish) as he lead hrs to his spot. There weren't many things you had to climb over on the short hike he was taking her on, thank god.
The blonde's heart was thumping with excitement, ready to show Rowena the real beauty of these mountains. The trees soon started to spread out, and large rocks and boulders became more and more frequent, along with moss and lichen, "Almost there, just gonna go through this tunnel thing." He said, pointing too two large boulders ahead of him.

Rowena did her best to keep up with him, gritting her teeth whenever exhaustion did rise up, along with any brief pain from her terrible burns. But she wanted this. She wanted to do this. Mason was a nice guy...she had enjoyed the time they spent together, appreciated what he had done for her. She even found herself thinking that she would have quite happily have courted a boy like him if there was someone like him in her village. Shaking her head clear of such thoughts, Rowena focused onto what he was saying, "No problem...either way I'll literally right thrmere behind you."

Mason smiled and nodded to her, shuffling his way through the tunnel. Soon, a medium-sized waterfall could be seen, water streaming into a pond that reflected the stars and glittered as it moved. It was srroynded by foliage and trees, giving a humid-like vibe. But it was calming, and everything seemed to be at peace. The blonde glanced back at Rowena, placing himself on a large rock by the waterc "I hope you like it. It's a calming place for me." He said softly. He really hoped she liked it... Like really really hoped she did. He didn't know why he needed her approval of it so much.

"Oh wow..." She breathed as she finally entered behind him, eyes widening as she took in the scenary before her. It truly was beautiful, so serene and calm. Rowena could understand the draw to a place like this. "This is amazing, Mason. Gorgeous." She continued along until she was able to sit beside him on that rock near the water. It looked so tempting to dive into, considering she hadn't had a proper bath for... Her nose wrinkled at the realization. A week and two days. Gods, she must smell disguisting. Immediately her cheeks heated with embarrassment and she lowered her gaze to her lap. Gods...Mason had to put up with her stinking as badly as she did. How on earth was he still around her?

But soon, those thoughts left her mind as she once more became lost in both the view before her and other numerous worries and thoughts. Rowena cleared her throat, forcing herself back to the present, "How...how did you find this place?'

Mason puffed his cheeks, "Oh, like any kid does I guess. I was just wandering around years and years ago after a bad day and well... I found this out of no where... it looked and seemed so perfect and quiet." He sighed happily, closing his eyes, "It's my safe haven." He looked st Rowena, "And it can be yours if you it to be." He added with a smile. He looked back at the sparkling water, taking all the views in that he could. He didn't know why he'd shown this to Rowena... but she seemed to be cool enough yo not mention ut to others.

"Years and years ago, huh?" She murmured, allowing her gaze to continue sweeping over the area. It was a beautiful place to come to and forget your worries without any disturbance. Rowena glanced across to him and and offered a small smile as she studied him, "Thank you. I appreciate it." She then replied softly, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. It was obvious this place meant a lot to him, so for him to be offering her the opportunity to come here when wanted meant a lot. She turned back to the view of the water and, after a little while longer, actually moved to rest her head on his shoulder, eyes closing as she exhaled heavily.

Mason smiled, "You're welcome." He murmured back and enjoyed the silence between them. He didn't expect her to be so close to him, so he was surprised and stiffened slightly when she rested her head on his shoulder but he soon relaxed, closing his eyes in content. Of course, he soon started to nod off, his arms holding him up, but his head soon was resting against Rowenas, his breathing slowing down and becoming shallow as he slept.

When realizing he had fallen asleep, Rowena had been careful to help him down onto the moss beside the rock. She knew it would have left him with a bad back if he had slept on the rock, it would be much more comfortable for him. Finally she settled down beside him, leaving a decent space between them for conservative reasons.

Mason frowned in his sleep at the loss of warmth but soon relaxed and curled up in the fetal position, smiling softly as he dreamed of things he probably would forget the next morning anyway, but leave him in a hood mood for the most part.

Rowena remained awake for the time being, staring up at the starred sky. She tried to feel more at peace with herself by imagining that her family were all up there, all forming new and beautiful stars that she would be able to gaze up at them for the rest of her life. The smallest of smiles graced her lips at the thought and she eventually rolled onto her side to curl up as Mason had done, finally trying to get back to sleep.

Mason groaned as he awoke the next morning, his muscles stiff from sleeping in the position he had been in. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, blinking to get used to the sudden light, "Mmmm... Morning." He murmured, his voice rough from not using it all night. He cleared his throat and stood, stretching more.

Reluctant to wake up after only going to sleep in the early hours of the morning, Rowena mumbled and buried her face into the arm she was using as a cushion. With a small groan of her own, she rolled onto her back and stretched out herself, back arching lightly from the ground before settling back again. "Morning.." She sighed, glancing across and up to him. "Mitch'll be worried about you..."

Reactions: AmazingDan
Mason rubbed his eyes again and nodded, "Yeah, we should get going. Hopefully get there before he wakes up or something..." The blonde ran his fingers through his hair, trying to get it fixed up but failing. He gave up, just leaving it a knotted and crazy mess, starting to walk back to their little camp, glancing back to see if Rowena was behind up. He nearly bumped into a tree and blinked, clearing his throat, "I knew that was there." He muttered with a blush and continued walking. He'd just woken up, so he wasn't 100% yet. But he'd get there soon, it just took a little while. Of course, it would help more if they bad breakfast, which he was sure they could get at the village.

Clearing her throat softly, she bit her lower lip but the smile still played along her lips at his almost-crash with a tree. "I didn't say anything." She held up her hands with a small laugh, watching him for a moment before quickly focusing back on her own path toward the village. "I uhm...Odo and I were going to help with the rebuilding...but we're also going to have to try and find somewhere else to live. Maybe just...build something somewhere else...I don't know." She murmured, shrugging lightly but the comment was more to herself than him as she finger combed her hair and rubbed her eyes free of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.