Dragons of the Mountains (AmazingDan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowena continued to use him for support as they walked, feeling her legs tremble further with each step they took on the way to his village as she fought to keep her eyes open. "Rowena. My name is Rowena." She finally informed him, peering up to him with a small smile, "I'm sorry for my rudeness...I didn't even realize that I hadn't told you." She went on to apologize, studying him quietly, "I...also wish to apologise if I disturbed any part of your day today." Her gaze lowered, feeling just as awkward as he was. Rowena had some experience with boys and men, but never anything serious. Most of it was teasing and mocking before they were all suddenly interested in her because of Odo.

Mason chuckled quietly, "No, not really." He sighed quietly, "To you... uh... want me to carry you...?" He asked hesitsntly. He wasn't sure how comfortable with help this girl was. He'd known people who would've flipped out if he asked if they needed help. She didn't seem to be that person right now. This was the least of his worries, the village would find it very odd to see him, of all people, coming back from the woods with a girl. They all knew he wasn't the best with the females.

The offer of him carrying her sounded extremely temping and Rowena momentarily considered it. She was normally a very proud person, always determined to make it on her own and tended to turn down help...but exhausted, hungry and feeling weak...it was very tempting. In the end she gave a quiet nod and prepared herself to have him pick her up, one arm moving up to rest behind his neck, "Please." She said quietly.

Mason grunted softly as he picked her up. She was a little heavier than she looked, but he had no problem carrying her. He continued to walk into his village, lowering his head and the whispers and stares. Mason walked faster, heading for his house, "My dad and brother are very welcoming. If you feel better after eating, you can come hunting with ne. Or stay with Odo. Id imagine you'd prefer the latter, though." He said, walking up the path to his home, looking up as his father opened the door for him, a look of confusion on his face.

Without truly registering what she was doing, she began to bury her head into his chest and her one hand slipped down from his shoulder to rest against his chest. She could feel herself being ever so close to being dragged into a deep slumber, it being all too tempting, esoecially with him being so... "Warm." She sighed quietly, "You're so warm. Like Odo's scales around his mouth and throat after he's breathed fire. So warm." Rowena couldn't really gather herself or her strength to even just turn her head to greet his father, her breathing actually becoming heavier as she began to drift off with her one hand tightly clutching hold of Mason's shirt.

Mason blushed slightly at her being snuggled against him, but he smiled softly as she compared him to her dragon's warmth. Interesting. He must be from walking around and working all day. Once inside, he looked around to lay her somewhere, not sure how well this would go. He still had to explain this to his father and brother. So he lay Rowena on his bed, covering her with his blankets as well. The man turned to the other two and sat, starting to explain the whole situation, "Her name is Rowena. She came here on a dragon named Odo to warn us about a hord of dragons coming our way. But they need to tell everyone, or at least the elders, so we can leave at some point." He spoke quickly, "I need to hunt for her dragon, though. Do you think you could cook something up for her while I'm gone?" He bit his lip.
His father nodded quietly, "Of course, it's not a problem. Please be careful, you still don't know her or her dragon that well." He father warned gently.

Rowena...? Odo's voice broke through the haze of sleep, Are you alright? Please tell me you're alright.

She hushed him softly, probably seeming strange to the men in the hut since the noise echoed through the room. I'm...okay...honestly. I'm nice and warm, Odo. I think...I think he's put me in his bed...there's furs. Blankets. I could happily sleep here now..

Darkness began to close in on her as she heard Mason and the two men she glimpsed as they entered his home continue with their conversation. Rowena frowned lightly at the comment about Odo and linked up with him once more, And be nice to the boy...the one who found us. He's going hunting for you now. Behave...he didn't have to help us, you know. He didn't need to offer us a place to stay or his own food. Be nice.

Hearing a huff from Odo in response, Rowena rolled onto her side and reached out a hand to pull weakly at Mason's clothing, her smile matching as she looked up at him with half-opened eyes, "Thank you. Thank you for doing this."

Mason jumped in surprise at the tug, looking down at Rowena as she thanked him. He smiled back at her, "Your welcome. Now rest, you need it." He patted her shoulder and grabbed his bow and quiver, heading out to hunt while his father cooked something. The male headed the other direction away from the village, since there was a well-known feeding ground further up with plenty of deer.
He slowed and crouched, coming up on the field. He took out an arrow and waited quietly, eyes locked on the tall grasses, looking out for any form of food for the girl's dragon.

Rowena gave a final smile as he finally left, head falling back onto the pillow and her eyes finally closed completely with a sigh of relief. We're going to be okay, Odo...we're going to be okay now. She mumbled to him through the link before passing out in the bed, it feeling like heaven considering that she had been sleeping on Odo' back for the past few days.

When she woke up, Rowena was covered in a light sheen of sweat from the nightmare she was trapped in. She sat up quietly, sniffing softly and wiping a hand over her face as she looked around. It had darkened by that point, dusk settling in and evening preparing to take over. It did startle her as the curtain separating the bedroom the rest of the hut was pulled back and she gave a nervous smile as an older version of Mason entered with a steaming bowl and some bread. "Uhm hi...I uh...don't suppose you could tell me what village I'm in, could you?"

The father gently set the food and some water on the side table by the bed, soon placing himself on the bed next to her, "Of course. This village is fairly small and new, so many might not know of it. But it's called Akkhad." He smiled softly at Rowena, "I have to thank you for coming to warn us. We have many young children here that have a further ahead of them." He leaned back on his hands, sighing softly, "J don't know your thoughts on this, but I do wish Mason would find a girl to start a family with. I know he has trouble, but he always seems to be stuck working and in the same routine. Drives me insane." He chuckled, running his fingers through his graying hair. He kind of liked having someone to talk to. Mason was always off doing something for the small family.

Rowena forced herself to be polite and listen to the older man as he sat on the bed despite her stomach gnawing at itself as the delicious smell of food. She smiled quietly and gave a small smile, "You should thank my village elders for their sacrifice...I would have stayed and fought there for longer if I hadn't been ordered away." Her voice had become thick with the threat of tears as she took a deep breath in to compose herself again. Her cheeks then warmed softly at his father's words and she squirmed a little under the covers. "Perhaps I am not the best to be asked, sir. I'm twenty and one years old...still without a husband in sight...it's my belief that...the fates have other things planned for different people."

The father chuckled and stood up, "I guess that's true. I'll leave you to eat, then." He smiled and left, closing the curtain after. She seemed like a nice girl at least, even if she wasn't a love interest for Mason, it was something he could live with.
Meanwhile, Mason was heaving a large Doe to Odo, doing his best to keep it on his shoulders. While the hunting had taken a while, it was a lot of effort to carry something as heavy as a deer a long way. He was going through the woods, so he wouldn't be questioned about the deer. Soon, the man reached the large dragon, "Okay... Here's... Your... Food..." He heaved, sweating from the heat and effort of finding that damned deer. Mason sat on a fallen tree near Odo, catching his breath from the walk.

Unable to help but feel a little disappointed that the old man left, Rowena scolded herself and firmly told herself that he had more important things to do than tend to a lost girl. But after ao long without human contact...she couldn't help but now crave it whilst she still could. Sighing softly, she turned her attention back to the food he provided and began to eat...forcing herself to take small mouthfuls at a time as to not upset her sensitive stomach.

Odo, however, was completely different. After a quick sniff of the hefty animal to ensure it hadn't been poisoned or spoilt in anyway, the dragon snapped up his meal quickly as if in fear of it being taken from him. His serpent gaze lingered on the boy as he collapsed beside him, Odo refusing to be the one to put more space between them due to their instinctual and claiming habits. The dragon was mildly inpressed with the human boy, at how strong he must be in order to carry a weight so heavy over such a long period of time. But he couldn't convey that himself, not without Rowena anyway.

A smaller boy, who looked about 10, walked into the bedroom, looking at Rowena with wide brown eyes. He sat on the bed next to her, "Are you Mason's new girlfriend?" He asked innocently, looking at her. He was just young, he didn't understand a lot of things about how the opposite sex interacted. So, because of how most villages worked, he assumed the first and only girl Mason brought home was his brother's girlfriend.

Mason looked at Odo and leaned back, "I hope you're greatful. It's a pain to carry those deer all the way back." He sighed and reached into his bag, taking a drink of his re-filled water. Soon after that, he started nibbling on some jerky his father had made. He needed to rest a little before going back. He was strong but all these events in one day made him tired and hungry.

Rowena almost choked on the mouthful of stew that was brought in for her, coughing for a moment and then wiped at her eyes as she faced the younger boy. She then smiled quietly, studying him briefly as she attempted to determine just how hold he was before realizing she hadn't answered his question. "No...I'm not your brother's girlfriend." She replied softly, finishing the stew and placing the empty bowl on her lap, "Your brother found me and brought me here to get better, it was very generous of him. And of you and your father for allowing me to stay."

Odo kept his eye on the human boy, a soft rumbling noise echoing from his chest with every breath before it suddenly halted, as if trying to communicate with Mason. When he returns, tell him that I'm...thankful and grateful for the deer. He then thought to his rider who made a mental note to thank Mason. Odo then laid down properly, head remaining up before finally too lowering and resting close to where Mason sat, once more trying to convey some sort of message to the boy since Rowena wasn't there to communicate.

Mitch smiled softly and nodded, "Yeah, you seem really cool!" He giggled and turned towards her, "How'd you get here? I mean, you must have a horse or somethin...." He shrugged, waiting for her to answer him.

Mason watched the dragon, blinking as he moved his head closer. The boy slowly reached out and rested his hand on his scaly neck, "Your welcome." He said, smiling at the large beast. It must be hard to earn a thank you from Odo.

Providing a small smile, she played with the spoon briefly as she waited for the young boy to finish talking. She placed the empty bowl and mug onto the floor besides the bed before pushing herself up into a sitting position, "Dragon," she then softly, nervously playing with the bed sheets that covered her, "I got here by dragon...maybe if all is well...I'll take you to see him. Would you like that?"

Odo released a heavy puff of warmed air, grumbling lightly as he felt a hand on his scales. His eyes were soon closing and he huffed again, this time the noise more relaxed. Odo was very fussy about who touched him and where, it didn't take Rowena long since they had their fates entwined...but others usually took longer, Mason moving this quickly with Odo was quite a feat.

Mitch nodded quickly, "Oh yeah!" He grinned, "I've heard of dragons, but I've never seen one in real life! Are you gonna bring him back to the village?" He gasped, "Please?" He bounced on the bed slightly in excitement. The boy was just so excited about almost everything and anything new.

Mason blinked in surprise and smiled, stroaking his neck a little before standing up, "Alright Odo. I gotta go, but I'll bring Rowena back safe, I promise." He waved to the winged lizard and started walking back down the path to the village, sighing softly.

She paused, unsure how to handle the situation since the boy was only young and she knew his father would have been cautious. "Well...how about your brother or father comes to see him first so they feel comfortable with you seeing him afterward? Then they'll know you'll be safe too." Rowena suggested gently, not too sure that he would be allowed but with his eagerness and excitement...

Odo lifted his head as the human boy pushed himself to his feet again finally, watching him prepare to leave him now that he had brought food. He lightly nudged his back with another low grumble before settling back down, eyes never leaving his retreating figure until he could no longer be seen.

Mitch sighed, "Alright. Ill ask Mason when he gets back!" He grinned, giggling. The boy swung his legs, "So where do you come from?" He asked curiously. He was young, if it triggered her he was unaware of it. He still didn't know better.

Mason grunted when the dragon nudged him and chuckled. He was soon entering the village again, getting weird looks from almost everyone. A few elders looked at him questioningly. He nodded to them, quietly letting them know he was going to talk to them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.