Dragon shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrono

Original poster
is anyone interested in a virtual fantasy world idea that combines elements from sword art online,elder tale ,half prince

the world is a fantasy setting with elements of virtual world basically you have your race ,class and subclass and while death is possible it doesn't have to be permanent !

I'm interested!

However, it seems that this idea is kind of vague so far. I'm definitely open to helping with world-building.

I would like that help very much !

virtual fantasy rp tend to fail because of point systems and such my idea is to cut the traditional level system out and use the difficulty setting they use in games like skyrim how if the games too hard change it to an easier setting something like this one for each class probably

Apprentice
Adept
Expert
Master

I mean, a difficulty setting doesn't really need to be implemented, either. If stats and leveling aren't being used, then we can easy adjust how difficult the RP is without needing a difficulty system.

Or, we could use levels, but not use EXP points. Roleplayers can level up when they're done a significant amount of fighting, working, crafting, etc.

As mentioned, your descriptions feel vague.

But yes, let us see where this goes first.

I will have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest to write everything out I will show you which elements I am combining and after that tell me what you think

I will have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest to write everything out I will show you which elements I am combining and after that tell me what you think
Understood~ Please tag me when you get back, and we'll get to it!

I'm writing from my phone but I can explain some of it I have to do this parts

First thing Im using elder tale as my main source some of its history and the world fraction idea they used to summon adventures and travelers

There's three main factions adventures,landers,travelers

The sword art online content that I'm adding will mostly come from season two which adds the world tree and fairies as playable races I was thinking that this is where the travelers main group will be based not all of them but the majority!

Now half Prince adds on the idea of godly weaponry and growing weaponry
As well as a few other things like other starting races that elder tale doesn't have demons and angels,and more variation of the Demi humans

All of this will fall under elder tales class system !

Now I don't have Everything set up and help and ideas are more then welcome

But I hope this gives a better idea of what I'm shooting for!

If you have any ? Now you can ask and I will try to clarify!

You mean ideas? Well, I do have a wide variety of race ideas. What're the races you have planned? Maybe I can see if I can add to them.

Hey! I just looked up the Elder Tale system, and it looks pretty nice and detailed.

I also agree with the idea of only three factions/guilds. Having too many could make the plot a bit too complicated. I'd prefer if you hashed out the guilds a bit more and gave them their own goals/ideals/etc.

I'm always for species diversity, so adding in fairies, angels and demons sounds like a plan! That boosts us up to eleven races to choose from, which is plenty.

We seem to have the races and classes sorted out. But how will we handle weaponry, gaining experience, and leveling?

Since this world is like a virtual game it will have certain events that happen on a repeated cycle like elder tale goblin king crowning and few other missions

This will help with leveling now I'm trying to set this up for multiple players

So certain things will have to be automatic for exp I'm going with elder tales exp pots for new players which can give extra exp when you're leveling up this will help with breaking through the lower levels

It might help to write down what annual events will happen, and when they're scheduled. When we hash out the plot more, I can help with that.

But for now, we might want to focus on the EXP system.

Automatic EXP might work.

But maybe a player's word count can give them EXP? Like, an RP post under 100 words could be worth a certain amount of EXP, same with a post over 100 and beyond.

However, we'd need to stagger that so the higher your level is, the less EXP you earn...

I have to start work soon but I have some thinking to do if anyone has any ideas please speak up

One thing before I go we need a racial skills list for some of the races these will be separate from the main class and sub class skills list

so crow for the demihuman races expansion would you mind making a generic list of skills for demihumans those that are part animal the ones not listed in elder tale ! Be creative with how many race types you make just don't step into fantasy animals like unicorns and dragons we need real world types like eagles and lions ,tigers with the minotaur being closest to what I'm looking for as a demihuman outside what elder tale has made!

Mami can you organize me a to do list of things we need right at this step it's something I bad at if I take on to much at once i get confused

I will put together something for exp and few other things on missions and research a few other things

I think i could be interested. im not great with figuring out systems though. i can help brainstormin though!

so crow for the demihuman races expansion would you mind making a generic list of skills for demihumans those that are part animal the ones not listed in elder tale ! Be creative with how many race types you make just don't step into fantasy animals like unicorns and dragons we need real world types like eagles and lions ,tigers with the minotaur being closest to what I'm looking for as a demihuman outside what elder tale has made!

What if we compressed demihumans into one race? For a little deviation we could call them Beastmen.

Of course, there are different kinds of beastmen.

Let's see what I have.

I'll offer my help if you can tell me what needs done.

If you can would you mind going through elder tale wikia for transportation systems as well as anything you can find on the alvs race and the technology or relics they left behind would help if you can post a copy on here

Status
Not open for further replies.