1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
  7. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Mountain Time: 10:30PM to 4:00AM currently is my norm.
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Magical, and more.
It was late in the day, and the sun would be quite soon to pass behind mountain peaks on the horizon. The day had been a long one, and along with the setting sun, smoke billowed up from somewhere beyond those mountain peaks. Through the sky, heading away from the smoke and the sunset would be a lone, young, blue dragon. Panting as he were, he pressed on, crossing the sea by air, before landing with an amount of unsteadiness. looking around at the new land, he slowly made his way for the nearest forest, looking for shade, shelter, and water.

He had been flying for the greater part of the day, being urged to leave, to find one bearing the same mark as he had hatched with. Every time he looked at it, it felt as if there were something missing, though he couldn't easily place what it was. He were always a tad too concerned with others, with their well-being, and with how they perceived him, and the conclusion he had drawn as of late was that the two may be connected, however it were only a gut feeling and he had no evidence to back it up, thereby keeping his mouth shut to not sound foolish.

He had never left home before, hadn't seen the world. He had been told that the language he was most familiar with would be of limited use out in the world, and that of all the languages there were, it was the usual situation for each species to have their own language, and then the one most commonly spoken across species. Like his siblings and the rest of the hatchlings back home, even if he were older, he had been taught the common language as well, but had never had to use it yet. Naturally, he were more comfortable in his native tongue, but if his goals were to be a success, he would need to get more practice in the common one, something he was less than confident in.

Finally entering the forest, the sapphire reptile looked around, watching the wildlife scatter, giving a soft sigh, carefully navigating the trees and laying down next to a small lake in a clear part of the forest, taking a long drink in the lake. before staring at his reflection. "Hello. How are you?" Still staring at his reflection, practicing speech as if he were actually talking to someone. "I'm tired. I was flying all day, and I'm supposed to find someone who shares the same mark that I do. I don't have any idea where to begin." He sighs. "Oh dang. That.....Oh forget it."

Striking the surface of the water, to disrupt the reflection, before getting up and searching once again, this time for a cave or a dense cluster of trees, or any other form of shelter. Eventually coming across a small 'cave-like', divot in the side of a dirt cliff face, and testing it for it's shelter capabilities, digging it until it's a deep enough cave for himself to rest in for a night or two. After finishing, he chopped several branches off of the nearby trees, creating a small campfire. Prior to igniting it, he made his way from the cave to the lake, burning and numbering the trees as he goes, and then again on the way back, in order to be able to find his way.

Upon returning the the makeshift-cave, he starts the gathered firewood, and curls himself up inside, staring at the flames until his eyes close. Long as the day was, it was only the first step. Unsure how those in nearby cities would react to seeing a young, blue, dragon, it would require his full concentration and the right approach. Why couldn't the one he was meant to find be easy to locate?

@Book Hoarding Dragon

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: Chaotic Moth