Dragon Crest [Limited Availability & Sign ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of that is flavored by my personal opinion but it's largely your inconsistencies within what you wrote about your character.

I'm just gonna toss in my two cents and say... that 500m radius attack seemed a little overkill for a dragon who isn't supposed to be bent on destroying the human race, yet you'll wipe out a whole city :\

I'm just gonna toss in my two cents and say... that 500m radius attack seemed a little overkill for a dragon who isn't supposed to be bent on destroying the human race, yet you'll wipe out a whole city :\
Well, a whole city block. That's still catastrophic.

Eh--

No. Your dragon raises too many questions. If they're old, and presumably wise, then why did they not decide to destroy all evil much much earlier? They won the most recent dragon war before this. This raises the question of what they used their wish for in the 1940's. I actually have answers to that question myself. Destruction of all evil and the permanent destruction of the darkness dragon, regardless of what the fuck anyone thinks about morality, is not only an unjust act but it's strangely also quite a selfish act. She is, by her own intentions, not the most pure-hearted dragon of all. She wants to end the dragon war, not for everyone else, but for herself. Nobody asked her, and the other dragons and summoners seem to be content to fight it out. To what end is still up in the air.

Also it means Sayena would want nothing to do with her. And, your character clashes with what you wrote of their personality.
Well when you look at it. Even being selfless comes by a selfish act. Even the most selfless people can be selfish. Her intentions of a evil free world are selfless at the core. But to achieve it she needs to do a selfish act

Well, a whole city block. That's still catastrophic.
So what was I supposed to do. Give her weak powers. If the lore says she has one twice. Then that must mean she has some Pretty catastrophic powers. It would be dumb to say she has weak powers and say she won two wars

There's more clever and creative ways to win than just through brute force. The whole thing feels a little... one-dimensional, no depth. Something like a mary-sue.

There's more clever and creative ways to win than just through brute force. The whole thing feels a little... one-dimensional, no depth. Something like a mary-sue.
Not to mention there is more than one war to win the "Dragon War" besides wiping out the other dragons. But I'll go more into that when we start the game, which will hopefully be soon. I'll try and get into contact with the ones who have not made characters and try and flag down some more people.

So what was I supposed to do. Give her weak powers. If the lore says she has one twice. Then that must mean she has some Pretty catastrophic powers. It would be dumb to say she has weak powers and say she won two wars
True, she did win twice and your Dreago-Soul should be your most powerful/tide-turning ability. but there is a difference between Powerful and invincible. I'd put a limit on what it can and can't destroy. such as Summoners, other Humans, Human structures (unless enemy controlled, and particular constructs. That way it can be used to wipe out opposing armies and counter a few other dreago-souls while also still being able to be countered as well, AND would fit her character better as to being "A Dragon Saint" if you will.

Not to mention there is more than one war to win the "Dragon War" besides wiping out the other dragons. But I'll go more into that when we start the game, which will hopefully be soon. I'll try and get into contact with the ones who have not made characters and try and flag down some more people.

True, she did win twice and your Dreago-Soul should be your most powerful/tide-turning ability. but there is a difference between Powerful and invincible. I'd put a limit on what it can and can't destroy. such as Summoners, other Humans, Human structures (unless enemy controlled, and particular constructs. That way it can be used to wipe out opposing armies and counter a few other dreago-souls while also still being able to be countered as well, AND would fit her character better as to being "A Dragon Saint" if you will.
alright what must I do to make that happen? This is a role play I'm dying to be in

@TyranntX am I really out??
tell you what I'm going to do... I'll give you 48 hours to revamp your dragon and make an interesting Summoner. Fail o run out of time and I'll have no choice but to side with my peers, make something decent and you can stay. For a bit of advice, why don't you have a look at our CSs to see how it's done, This may also be of some help. I really don't want to see you go and this is why I am giving you two days to change, but I have been getting complaints (not going to mention names) and if this keeps up I will have no choice but to send you on your very way and remove your characters from the lists. The clock is ticking, so don't waste too much of your time. Show us just how badly you want to stick around and give us some interesting characters.

tell you what I'm going to do... I'll give you 48 hours to revamp your dragon and make an interesting Summoner. Fail o run out of time and I'll have no choice but to side with my peers, make something decent and you can stay. For a bit of advice, why don't you have a look at our CSs to see how it's done, This may also be of some help. I really don't want to see you go and this is why I am giving you two days to change, but I have been getting complaints (not going to mention names) and if this keeps up I will have no choice but to send you on your very way and remove your characters from the lists. The clock is ticking, so don't waste too much of your time. Show us just how badly you want to stick around and give us some interesting characters.
If people are complaining then why should I try. There thoughts will always go back to my first dragon and they will always judge me based on that and have bias against me even if I come up with a character they like so why even try. Asking me to change everything would be like me asking you to change the way you rp. I really wanted to be in this rp but if every one is gonna throw a fit to you instead of giving constructive criticism than I don't want to rp in this thread. So you might as well just remove me from the thread because judging by how much of an uproar every one has caused over one fucking character, instead of trying to help make the character better. I know that no one here will like me. No hard feelings tyranntX it just angers me how no one can fucking give constructive criticism and help make characters better. All they do is go crying to the gm when they see something they don't like. So I'm sorry tyranntX your a good person but I don't want to be in an rp where every one rejects ideas and sees stuff they don't like as an abomination to the thread

If people are complaining then why should I try. There thoughts will always go back to my first dragon and they will always judge me based on that and have bias against me even if I come up with a character they like so why even try. Asking me to change everything would be like me asking you to change the way you rp. I really wanted to be in this rp but if every one is gonna throw a fit to you instead of giving constructive criticism than I don't want to rp in this thread. So you might as well just remove me from the thread because judging by how much of an uproar every one has caused over one fucking character, instead of trying to help make the character better. I know that no one here will like me. No hard feelings tyranntX it just angers me how no one can fucking give constructive criticism and help make characters better. All they do is go crying to the gm when they see something they don't like. So I'm sorry tyranntX your a good person but I don't want to be in an rp where every one rejects ideas and sees stuff they don't like as an abomination to the thread
I am sorry It had to be this way, maybe some other time I'll make an RP that has some more lenient players...

I am sorry It had to be this way, maybe some other time I'll make an RP that has some more lenient players...
Hopefully but judging by how many rps I've tried to join and how many have ended like this that will never happen

@daniel reaver
Azaryin and TyranntX both offered you constructive criticism. With the problems they pointed out, you could've made the appropriate alterations on your own, but instead you acted like you expected them to rewrite your character for you to get a passing grade. That's like asking the teacher to give you the answers to the test; you won't learn anything that way. They can't be expected to direct you throughout the entire roleplay to make sure you aren't godmodding again. You can take it in stride and use your mistakes as a learning experience instead of giving up entirely. Life is going to give you challenges sometimes. Nobody's perfect. The best you can do is TRY to be a better you than you were before. No one wants to judge you, we just don't want to let obvious issues slide either when it'll effect the roleplay.

@daniel reaver
Azaryin and TyranntX both offered you constructive criticism. With the problems they pointed out, you could've made the appropriate alterations on your own, but instead you acted like you expected them to rewrite your character for you to get a passing grade. That's like asking the teacher to give you the answers to the test; you won't learn anything that way. They can't be expected to direct you throughout the entire roleplay to make sure you aren't godmodding again. You can take it in stride and use your mistakes as a learning experience instead of giving up entirely. Life is going to give you challenges sometimes. Nobody's perfect. The best you can do is TRY to be a better you than you were before. No one wants to judge you, we just don't want to let obvious issues slide either when it'll effect the roleplay.
Now there's where you need to stop. I was gladly willing to accept there critisim and make it acceptable but when you do that shit about me needing to figure it out on my own, that's when I get pissed. Being helpful and giving criticism that helps make a character better, I'll accept any day. But when people do stuff like this and tell me I need to fix it on my own and TRY which I did TRY, and not help me, I get pissed. I'm not mad at those two. I'm mad at every one else who by what tyranntX said complained to him and he wouldn't give out names which meant they went to him privately and complained making his life as the GM more work instead of trying to help fix the issue at hand with my character. I was perfectly fine with the dead lines but when I hear people went to him in private and did nothing but fucking complain about me and my character I tend to get the feeling that people would have problems with me in the future if I am accepted. And in the end tyranntX did technically ask me to redo her. I wasn't mad about it and frankly @TyranntX forgive me for that. It was uneccucary to go off about having to remake her, i was gladly willing to do it for this role play. But when i hear that it's obvious only two people are willing to help, that doesn't exactly work out because I can tell, at least one person that complained to tyranntX would have kept complaining about things. It's happened to me before so I know when stuff like that will happen.

Now there's where you need to stop. I was gladly willing to accept there critisim and make it acceptable but when you do that shit about me needing to figure it out on my own, that's when I get pissed. Being helpful and giving criticism that helps make a character better, I'll accept any day. But when people do stuff like this and tell me I need to fix it on my own and TRY which I did TRY, and not help me, I get pissed. I'm not mad at those two. I'm mad at every one else who by what tyranntX said complained to him and he wouldn't give out names which meant they went to him privately and complained making his life as the GM more work instead of trying to help fix the issue at hand with my character. I was perfectly fine with the dead lines but when I hear people went to him in private and did nothing but fucking complain about me and my character I tend to get the feeling that people would have problems with me in the future if I am accepted. And in the end tyranntX did technically ask me to redo her. I wasn't mad about it and frankly @TyranntX forgive me for that. It was uneccucary to go off about having to remake her, i was gladly willing to do it for this role play. But when i hear that it's obvious only two people are willing to help, that doesn't exactly work out because I can tell, at least one person that complained to tyranntX would have kept complaining about things. It's happened to me before so I know when stuff like that will happen.
You're taking it too personally. I'm sorry if that's how you feel about the situation; no one can tell you otherwise. But still, being cynical about it will only make it worse. I really would've liked to see what you could do with the character if you weren't dead-set on believing that everybody will hate it no matter what. We will all encounter a situation like this sometimes in the course of creating a CS; giving up on rp'ing at all is not the answer. In the end, I cannot change how you feel however, so if there is no way for you to have fun here, I'm sorry.

You're taking it too personally. I'm sorry if that's how you feel about the situation; no one can tell you otherwise. But still, being cynical about it will only make it worse. I really would've liked to see what you could do with the character if you weren't dead-set on believing that everybody will hate it no matter what. We will all encounter a situation like this sometimes in the course of creating a CS; giving up on rp'ing at all is not the answer. In the end, I cannot change how you feel however, so if there is no way for you to have fun here, I'm sorry.
Dude. I'm not quoting rp. Seriously unjust saying that I do not want to be in a thread where people go complain to the GM for what I do, it's stupid.

He is right about one thing however, The person in question (still not going to mention names) should have came to @daniel reaver about the problems with me as a supervisor or ambassador. Hell even making the issue public wouldn't have been that big a deal. But instead they made it so I had to make a difficult decision on a subject I really don't like leading me do to something I ultimately didn't WANT to do nor HAVE to do. But you are correct also @-Vesper- , Giving up is not the answer, he STILL has plenty of time t make a good character and make it not so Mary Sue. Hell I GAVE him some advice and even a you tube video on how not to make a character a Mary Sue. But ultimately it is his choice if he wants to leave, I wont and can't stop him from making this choice. It's sad to see him go like this but there isn't much I can do for him now... I will still give him the 48 hours to augment his CS(s) if he changes his mind though, since I feel it is the only fair thing I can do for him now

Last edited:
After Reading the new iteration of Zurielis, I'd say that this has my approval as a passable character. She' selfless but has some selfish ideals. She tries to maintain peace but won't hesitate to fight if need be, AND there is a subtle hint that Malitaar is her brother (which is, easy to assume. . . but is still cool). As For your Human... I personally don't have a problem with her, but seeing as she is going to be the summoner for @Azaryin 's dragon you may want to run it by them.

• Love
Reactions: Danielle reaver
Status
Not open for further replies.