1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
latest

The Chantry teaches us that it is the hubris of men that first brought the darkspawn into our world...

Nearly thirty years ago, the darkspawn- foul creatures from beneath the earth- revaged the southern continent of Thedas in a great Blight lead by the Archdemon Urthemiel. The Warden-Commander of Ferelden, a Grey Warden by the name of Duncan, along with the Warden Alistair, recruited the daughter of Teryn Bryce Cousland- Alessia- to combat the threat of the darkspawn. She would soon lead the Grey Wardens upon the deaths of King Cailan Theirin and Duncan, eventually avenging them after betrayal by Loghain Mac Tir, who was executed by Alistair- who, in reality, was the bastard son of Cailan's father Maric- before being named King of Ferelden. Eventually Alistair and the Hero of Ferelden married, Thedas began to move on.

And, as it had happened before, the people of Thedas forgot about the power of the Blight and failed to ignore the warnings of the Grey Wardens as the latter became forgotten.

Now, thirty years have passed.

Forgotten and receeding, the great nations of Thedas realize too late that the Grey Wardens have dissappeared, causing the Empire of Orlais to go so far and proclaim that the ancient order is dead. In time, only Nevarra, Ferelden, and the Qunari openly believe that Grey Wardens remain. As such, Queen Alexandria of Ferelden announces that a small party of volunteers to cross from Ferelden into Orlais, the Free Marches, and Nevarra before approaching the fortress of Weisshaupt in the Anderfels, the ancient headquarters of the Grey Wardens.

However, as then party leaves for Orlais, it is discovered that one Grey Warden lives among the Dalish in the Brecilian Forest. Heading south, the fate of this small party and this unknown Grey Warden will determine the fate of all Thedas...

Some remarks:

This RP takes place in an AU where the events of Inquisition don't occur. Otherwise, the original concept this is based on was originally crafted by myself and @Bears . All characters in the RP will have the oppotunity to undergo the Joining and become Grey Wardens, or to just be awesome badasses. Some characters, such as Fergus Theirin will available to be taken by players.

Any and all questions and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: junebug
So, I can't join right now, but if given the chance, later on, I think it'd be interesting to experience a roleplay like this when things aren't so hectic in my life. If it's cool, I have a few questions regarding this roleplay.

So, what does a person (assuming they haven't played Dragon Age before) need to know about Dragon Age in order to join- or at least, understand what this rp entails? Are you doing a plot driven or character driven roleplay? How often do you expect people to post? What would the character sheet look like?

So, I can't join right now, but if given the chance, later on, I think it'd be interesting to experience a roleplay like this when things aren't so hectic in my life. If it's cool, I have a few questions regarding this roleplay.

So, what does a person (assuming they haven't played Dragon Age before) need to know about Dragon Age in order to join- or at least, understand what this rp entails? Are you doing a plot driven or character driven roleplay? How often do you expect people to post? What would the character sheet look like?
All these would be answered by the OOC when I put it up, especially since it contains a bunch of lore and info for those new to the series.

Whether he live or dies in the story could literally be determined by your character insofar as I'm concerned.
I feel it is my responsibility to ensure that Anders is no more. It would be irresponsible of me to let him run rampant through Ferelden.

I feel it is my responsibility to ensure that Anders is no more. It would be irresponsible of me to let him run rampant through Ferelden.
Well he's in the Free Marches, not Ferelden. XD

Well he's in the Free Marches, not Ferelden XD
*packs hunting gear* oh good. I'll go handle that, me thinks.

.... Also, did Leliana spiral since she couldn't get in the Warden's pants? Cuz I'm so there to be her rebound if so ; P

*packs hunting gear* oh good. I'll go handle that, me thinks.

.... Also, did Leliana spiral since she couldn't get in the Warden's pants? Cuz I'm so there to be her rebound if so ; P
Oy vey.

Painfully so.

i'm hollering i literally just posted to see if anyone was down for a dragon age rp before i saw this, yesss.

Is this red star only? If not, I'd be very interested.

i'm hollering i literally just posted to see if anyone was down for a dragon age rp before i saw this, yesss.

Is this red star only? If not, I'd be very interested.
It is not!

I'll try to keep an eye out for this when you make signups and stuff but feel free to throw tags at me anyway so I don't forget.

I'll keep an eye on this

I'll bite. I enjoy Dragon Age, did all the DLC and most of 2. Never played Inquisition, so that doesn't seem to be an issue XD