Dragon Age: The Sixth Blight (Signups still open)

• Thread starter The Philosoraptor
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...what kind of character would I even make? Looks like everything is pretty much covered. Haha

So...what kind of character would I even make? Looks like everything is pretty much covered. Haha
You can make a mage, rogue, a Grey Warden, not sure about Templars

But, from what I understand, they are hive-mind creatures, right? How could they have any particular personalities?

I said random hobo warriors, right? OF COURSE YOU CAN MAKE A TEMPLAR.

I am looking for Darkspawn. And Templars are acceptable.
Really...Lol I dont think V likes Templars
But, from what I understand, they are hive-mind creatures, right? How could they have any particular personalities?
Theres certain breeds of Darkspawn with superior intelligence such as Vanguard or Hurlock (I think)

Vanguards are bred to lead armies on the battlefield, and use Enthrall to seize control over other Darkspawn, making them replaceable companions. Also, other Darkspawn (The Architect, The Mother) have broken free of the Archdemon's control. BOOM. EDUCATION, SON!

Vanguards are bred to lead armies on the battlefield, and use Enthrall to seize control over other Darkspawn, making them replaceable companions. Also, other Darkspawn (The Architect, The Mother) have broken free of the Archdemon's control. BOOM. EDUCATION, SON!
...You did not just do the "son" line....Lol

Oh, damn, I just got smarter. You should begin fearing for your lives, soon.

Well, which of those types would you recommend? I am guessing the vanguard type, since it'd be easier to throw in, I imagine.

*Karate chops V on the head*

Name: Vishtmyre Lancelo Arthurian Dydradaedelus aka Vlad/Visht/Lance/Arthur
Race: Dwarf-'Nari
Class: Mage, Hopeful Specilization: Arcane Warrior
Appearance: As seen below with deep blue eyes. Stands at 6' 4", with a 2.5' shoulder width.
500px-Sten_concept.jpg

Personality: Stubborn, Honest, Caring, Determined, Optimistic

Biography:
Vishtmyre is the son of the Dwarven merchant Kragden Dydradaedelous, and Draconia Pentaghast, who met by the docks of Lake Calenhad, where he found her unconcious and bleeding. Being a more open kind of Dwarf, he treated her wounds and paid for her lodging until she awoke, to which she insisted on repaying by travelling with him as his bodyguard, revealing the reason she had been the way she was found: she was a Saarebas, a Qunari Mage.

After several years of travelling together, their bonds grew, eventually leading to them settling down in a small cottage in the middle of nowhere so that their love would be unhindered and unopposed. Not much later, Vishtmyre was born, a child that was neither of their races, yet embodied what they believed was the best of both.

As the years went by, Krag taught his son about his trade: how to find the best deals, and how to keep from being cheated, as well as what he new of medicinal herbs and potion making. Draconia, however, taught him about the physical gifts he had been blessed with: his prowess with both magic and blade.

When he turned 13, he was travelling with his father to a nearby village to sell his wares, weapons and armor his cousin sent him for a large cut of the profits, where they were attacked by bandits. Vishtmyre did his best to fight them off, yet they killed his father, a large blade through the back of his chest, which sent Vlad into a mad frenzy, slaughtering the bandits with magic and steel, leaving little left but blood and bones, before he collapsed to his knees by his father's body, where he had been found by a member of the new Circle of Magi, who healed his wounds and helped him take his father's body home, his mother grief-stricken by her husband's death and angered by the fact that her son's gift had been discovered, yet she was proud of him for avenging his father.

The mage who brought him was shocked to discover Vlad's parentage, yet after some time he told Draconia that they could take refuge with the Circle, yet she declined for herself, but wished for her son to go and be taught more than she could teach him of magic, while still being allowed to continue his study of the sword. The mage agreed, yet told her that his heritage must be kept secret, to which she responded that he could pass as a Half-Elf, as he was tall, yet not nearly as tall as his mother, and stocky like his father.

After everything was settled, Vlad was taken to recieve formal training in magecraft, and some years later, he underwent his Harrowing, finally becoming an official member of the Circle.
As his instuctors soon discovered, he enjoyed more than merely controlling the elements, as he mostly shaped them into weapons instead of elemental blasts, which worried them and amazed his fellow students. His studies of healing magic did not go as well, yet his work as an apothecary astounded most who would use his potions, eventually putting his instructors at ease.

On his 21st birthday, he was gifted with a special staff, an ash pole adorned with a large orb that he found was in truth two interconnecting handguards that attached to a pair of small, hollow protrusions which were designed to amplify magical power, and in his case, concentrate it into whatever weapon he desired. The reason he was given such a valuable gift was because of news of a new Blight coming to the world, one which he was instructed by the Grand Enchanter themself to help defend against.

Last edited:
I think I will join then. As a darkspawn. ^_^

Name : Broyce Cromwell

Race: Human

Class
: Blood Mage

Appearance : Six feet tall, and scrawny by Ferelden standards.Broyce has a pale, yet youthful complexion. This leads to people thinking he is much younger than he is, giving him many business opportunities to exploit. Broyce always wears green robes and tunics, as it his favorite color. He walks with an erect posture, putting on an authoritative air. Broyce always wears black boots, especially at his job. Broyce has dirty blond hair, and makes a point to have it cut short. He also sports a thick beard, the only clue he gives to his real age. Never leaving his side is the staff granted to him by the demon that taught him blood magic. It is blacker than night, and remains adorned with crimson lyrium lines.

Personality:
Calm and stoic for general interaction. Ruthless with business dealings. Sadistic with captives.

Biography: Broyce grew up in the Denerim marketplace. His parents were clever rogues, and lived as pickpockets masquerading as fortune telles. Showing magical abilities at a young age, Broyce used what tricks he picked up to avoid the templars and spice up his parents business. Eventually, his parents came to fear him. At the end of his adolescence, his mother hired crows to slay him. Broycewas stabbed fatally, and bled in the gutters. A demon came to him in his pain. It taught him blood magic and revived him, in exchange for his parents. Broyce gladly killed them and offered their bodies as thralls. He spent the next decade conning the unsuspecting denizens by using his new abilities: nobles throwing away valuables, men selling their clothes, guards letting crooks free. At the peak of his affluence, Broyce was sold out by his top subordinates. He doesn't know how long he spent in the mage's prison, Aenor, but on the day of his execution, an Orlesian princess payed for his release. Princess Cecilia responsible believed she could use a blood mage in her court. Broyce lived with her for only a few years, but soon found the lifestyle suffocating. He fled for Ferelden and never looked back. Broyce now lives in Redcliffe, hiding from old friends in the guise of an Alchemist.

Ehhh theres so many guys....Maybe I should make a female...

I have no idea how to do a darkspawn's history. o.O

I was born.....The end lmao

I went a bit crazy with my character, didn't I? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.