Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BearEnthusiast , would you please examine my completed sheet? And thank you for your input on the Joining.

Before I forget, would all the character here be willing to do the Joining (keeping in mind what the public knows of it)? I feel that we could use this for a good early plot point.
I'd be cool with being the first Qunari to successfully complete the Joining

@AceSorcerer

Okay damn but the reason for how he didn't disappear like the rest of the wardens is like really fitting for the world of Thedas. Kudos to you.

"Though he likely would not meet the initial group, he would meet up with them" send me a PM about this though, I'd like to hear your ideas.

Oh yeah and he's accepted, of course. I'll have his little icon thingy up in a bit.

• Thank You
Reactions: AceSorcerer
I'd be cool with being the first Qunari to successfully complete the Joining
Someone's ready to make history.
@AceSorcerer

Okay damn but the reason for how he didn't disappear like the rest of the wardens is like really fitting for the world of Thedas. Kudos to you.

"Though he likely would not meet the initial group, he would meet up with them" send me a PM about this though, I'd like to hear your ideas.

Oh yeah and he's accepted, of course. I'll have his little icon thingy up in a bit.
Mas serranas. I'll message you soon.

ALSO @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, Ghrem is wonderful. Accepted.
Awesome. Thanks! I'm glad to be a part of it. I never manage to eke into Dragon Age RPs before they close. I'm super excited for this group dynamic.
And man, seeing that portrait of Fergus brought back hard DA:O memories. I can't wait to have Ghrem interact with him. He has this rather hard distrust for nobles, but he understands that human nobles are different than dwarven castes. Expect a lot of intrusive questioning.

That's actually a good compromise, I think. If he's not the type to have the mechanical know-how to fix and maintain a crossbow, then a shortbow would be a good stopgap measure between the mechanical complexity of a crossbow and the technical skill of a longbow. Plus, if he's not a sniper, he could get the same results as a longbow at a closer range.
Nope. He does not have the mechanical know-how to fix a crossbow. I was trying to deviate from the usual dwarf stereotype in that regard. And that was my thought. He'd probably start with a shortbow, because it's easier, but move to a compound bow which has the same sort of strength and speed as a longbow. It just needs to be pulled back by someone capable of wielding that much tension.

Before I forget, would all the character here be willing to do the Joining (keeping in mind what the public knows of it)? I feel that we could use this for a good early plot point.
Hm. Ghrem would be very skeptical about this. He's skeptical about magic. He's skeptical about Grey Wardens. He's skeptical about the sky. He would probably need a list as to why this is a good idea.

Reactions: BearEnthusiast
Awesome. Thanks! I'm glad to be a part of it. I never manage to eke into Dragon Age RPs before they close. I'm super excited for this group dynamic.
And man, seeing that portrait of Fergus brought back hard DA:O memories. I can't wait to have Ghrem interact with him. He has this rather hard distrust for nobles, but he understands that human nobles are different than dwarven castes. Expect a lot of intrusive questioning.

Nope. He does not have the mechanical know-how to fix a crossbow. I was trying to deviate from the usual dwarf stereotype in that regard. And that was my thought. He'd probably start with a shortbow, because it's easier, but move to a compound bow which has the same sort of strength and speed as a longbow. It just needs to be pulled back by someone capable of wielding that much tension.

Hm. Ghrem would be very skeptical about this. He's skeptical about magic. He's skeptical about Grey Wardens. He's skeptical about the sky. He would probably need a list as to why this is a good idea.

For dwarves, I would say is that he'd be one of the few organization where social equality truly exists and that he's saving the world along with the chance of killing an Archdemon. And Arrahel will teach him to be literate.

From what I gather, there's not much, if anything, inherently magical about the grey wardens. The joining is more blight oriented than magic oriented, so he should be fine on that point

For dwarves, I would say is that he'd be one of the few organization where social equality truly exists and that he's saving the world along with the chance of killing an Archdemon. And Arrahel will teach him to be literate.
"Very well, but can I get properly shit-faced before trying? That's a thing I can do, right?" And then he'll probably ask about if it's safe for his "you know what."

From what I gather, there's not much, if anything, inherently magical about the grey wardens. The joining is more blight oriented than magic oriented, so he should be fine on that point
Oh, of course. He's just not that educated about it. And I'm sure he's heard the same amount of rumors everyone else has. He's world-smart, but he doesn't know which rumors to trust about things he doesn't understand.

The Fade is pretty much the equivalent to a short trip to Hell for him.

Reactions: Gateman
"Very well, but can I get properly shit-faced before trying? That's a thing I can do, right?" And then he'll probably ask about if it's safe for his "you know what."

Oh, of course. He's just not that educated about it. And I'm sure he's heard the same amount of rumors everyone else has. He's world-smart, but he doesn't know which rumors to trust about things he doesn't understand.

The Fade is pretty much the equivalent to a short trip to Hell for him.
"Yes, you can have some Ritewine or Conscription Ale if you need to. And as for your other question, some Wardens become more... active after the Joining."

I will make my character soonish... my friends force me to play league and now I am brain dead....

"Yes, you can have some Ritewine or Conscription Ale if you need to. And as for your other question, some Wardens become more... active after the Joining."
"Very well, count me in. Hoorah, Grey Wardens. That's your chant right? It's probably nothing depressing like: I've given up my life to murder animated-people-husks." Pauses. "Oh. It is? Well. The first motion I'll make as a Grey Warden is for things to be more cheerful. Maybe we can be the Not-So-Grey-Wardens. The Subtlety-Beige-Wardens maybe? Marketing is everything, you understand."

Okay, I'll get started in just a few minutes but I'd like to point out that I'm still relatively new to this series, so I just ask that you all are slightly patient with me ^^;

Okay, I'll get started in just a few minutes but I'd like to point out that I'm still relatively new to this series, so I just ask that you all are slightly patient with me ^^;
Oh don't worry honey, I am too. xD

• Love
Reactions: DustBunny
I know TONS about the series. I will judge you into oblivion.

Kidding.
I know only game knowledge about this series and the GM is super nice.

I'm just trying to make a mean joke.
I'm the worst.
Totally the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BearEnthusiast
Bear's totally cool with answering questions :P

We have a good mix of both the experienced and the new.

I'm am pleasantly surprised with how many male characters we've received so far though, it's..unusual. :u

EDIT: Okay, I must say that the current cast section looks fabulous. I'm still on the hunt for your artwork fitting of your characters though, Chaos! c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyllo! So i am interesteddddddd!

Ill have a CS up tonigt!
Hi! As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm, we are full as of now and won't be accepting anymore writers. Right now we are just waiting on the last few people to submit their sheets. BUT if anyone of them decide not to participate or we need more people down the road, I'll make sure to PM you. :c

Hi! As much as I enjoy your enthusiasm, we are full as of now and won't be accepting anymore writers. Right now we are just waiting on the last few people to submit their sheets. BUT if anyone of them decide not to participate or we need more people down the road, I'll make sure to PM you. :c
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.... That's unfortunate. You should put the banner down than :/

Best of luck guys! :) HAVE FUN!

• Thank You
Reactions: Bears
Status
Not open for further replies.