Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I caved. I want in on this rp

I normally don't do fandom RPs as a rule, or work outside my age group, but this seems pretty interesting. Got room for a Qunari Warrior?
Of course! Welcome along!

Also nice to see you @chaosheart13 ;3

I look forward to everyone's character sheet~

I normally don't do fandom RPs as a rule, or work outside my age group, but this seems pretty interesting. Got room for a Qunari Warrior?
Age group?

Also, @BearEnthusiast , would you like me to tweak anything? The name Rift Mage doesn't make a huge amount of sense of of context, though. Fade Mage?

Age group?

Also, @BearEnthusiast , would you like me to tweak anything? The name Rift Mage doesn't make a huge amount of sense of of context, though. Fade Mage?
Fade Mage is probably the best alternative, it works - and so does Solavir. She's accepted~

Oh and I added her to the new current cast section right on the first post.

Reactions: Kitti
Oh I know, I was specifically referring to the GM. It's pretty easy to tell minors. If you look, there's a little star by your name, red for adult, blue for minor

• Useful
Reactions: Bears
Ya.

Also, I'm currently working on the CS for another RP, but then I'll get to this.

Oh I know, I was specifically referring to the GM. It's pretty easy to tell minors. If you look, there's a little star by your name, red for adult, blue for minor
(I'm sorry if I sound rude, I'm not trying to be I swear :P) But I'm pretty sure most of the people on this website knows that, it was explained somewhere in the help forums.

Edit:
Thanks though man.

Reactions: B l u E s
(I'm sorry if I sound rude, I'm not trying to be I swear :P) But I'm pretty sure most of the people on this website knows that, it was explained somewhere in the help forums.

Edit:
Thanks though man.
To be fair, I just noticed them like 3 months ago when my wife pointed it out after I accidentally tried inviting a minor to the libertine section >__< I just assume there's gonna be at least one other oblivious person in the thread...

To be fair, I just noticed them like 3 months ago when my wife pointed it out after I accidentally tried inviting a minor to the libertine section >__< I just assume there's gonna be at least one other oblivious person in the thread...
Well, everyone's made that mistake. Maybe there is someone oblivious, and they're probably thanking you and giving you like... Air hugs or something? Internet hugs? o3o lmao, but I'm 100% sure everyone on this thread knows. It's sweet that you were being considerate though and everything.

Reactions: Gateman

Name: Itwa-Adim, normally answers to just "Adim" (Ah-Deem)
Sex: Male
Race: Qunari - Tal-Vashoth
Origin: A small village built into the Dwarven ruins of Par Vollen.
Appearance:
qunari_by_namiyammi-d85cif6.jpg

Biography: Itwa-Adim was a gifted youth, strong even by Qunari standards. He was also a bit of a troublemaker, and had a touch too much of a temper to be considered useful for Ben-Hassrath. Instead, Adim was given to the Antaam, the Qunari Army, becoming a member of the Arvaarad and hunting down Tal-Vashoth. His specialty was hunting and slaying those soldiers who had managed to lose their weapons, often in groups. Because of this, he spent more time outside Qunari territories than in, and became exposed to the various cultures that his targets hid in. Over time, he craved the freedom that the Qun restricted, and became Tal-Vashoth himself. Upon becoming Tal-Vashoth, he took the name Itwa-Adim, "They all fall," to remember the reputation that he had garnered as a member of the Antaam. After traveling for years, trying to keep ahead of the constant raids against him, he decided to join the expedition to find the grey wardens, figuring there was strength in numbers.

Class and Specialization: Warrior - Reaver

Defining Strength:
Incredible physical strength
As mentioned, Adim is strong even by Qunari standards, and as such can swing around his greatsword as if it were made of wood.

Other Strengths:
High Mental Fortitude
Adim's combat style relies on reckless endangerment and blind fury. As such, he is very difficult to stun, and able to shrug off the stress of various wounds when he's full of rage.

Berserker Rage
Adim goes into a rage in combat, making his already formidable skills more powerful, and helping to numb him to pain. Can sometimes cause weaker willed combatants to flee in fear.

Greatest Weakness:
Paranoia
Adim's status as Tal-Vashoth, specifically as a former member of the Arvaarad, means he is a high value target for assassination squads. As such, he is often wary of anyone who might pose even the tiniest threat to him, making him difficult to work with.

Other Weaknesses:
Berserker Rage
Adim's rage makes him unable to always tell who's friend and foe, making him a danger to teammates if they're within his strike zone. Also causes him to charge directly into the fray, often with no regard for his chances of victory or even survival.

Low Armor
Adim refuses to wear most armor, preferring to cover himself with a vitaar instead. It is currently unknown why.

I'm weighing making another character. So tempting...

Also, sidenote:
Solavir --> Valora is...
Anagrams?! Conspiracy?!?

I just thought it was amusing.

/discreetly changes name to Solavar to have enough "a"s.

• Love
Reactions: Bears
I feel you though, I was tempted to make a third character. But in the end I decided I'll wait until I get a few more sheets so I know which races need a bit more loving.

Also it was a completely unintentional conspiracy - but I like the fact that it exists. -w-

I hate you, you know that? Almost for sure gonna join v.v my will it hath broken upon reading

Not sure if they'll be accepted due to their ages but here's my characters for the rp. EDIT: Changed some things up, along with making them older.

Name: Allan Claires
Race: Human
Origin: Antiva

Appearance: Allan is a scrawny little fellow that stands at 5’11”. He has wavy mousy brown hair and freckles near his cheeks, his brown eyes gazing at the world in wonder as he travels. When he smiles with his crooked teeth, dimples appear on his face. His clothing consists of a chain mail and a brown tunic underneath. He also has on brown light pants and leather boots that are soft enough to slip on with ease. He carries with him a longsword and an oaken shield that he surprisingly maintains rather well.

Biography: Allan was born into a merchant family, not as well known as the richest of them, but they earned enough to live in luxury. From the moment he could walk and talk, he was taught his family’s trade, expecting him to help run their business.
Truthfully, he wanted nothing to do with his family’s trade. Rather, he wanted to become a knight when he was older, the stories fed to him when he was younger about noble knights taking root deep within him. He begged his parents to hire someone to train him. After enough pestering, they finally gave in and hired a teacher for the sword arts.
He didn’t expect it to be hard work. Nothing seemed to please his teacher, no matter how hard he trained and how much he remembered. It made him indignant, why bother being his teacher if he wasn’t ever pleased with his progress? He didn’t know what to do at that point and both sides exasperatedly continued with his training regime.
It took several years, but eventually he finished his training under his teacher. The teacher said he was “alright” when it came to his skills. Allan was unable to see the message behind those words, that he had indeed worked hard for where he was at now. It frustrated him to no end and so sought for a way to prove his skills. It came in the form of the blight and the missing Grey Wardens. Wanting to prove his worth, he set out in search of the Grey Wardens to become one of them and fight off the blight.

Class and Specialization: Warrior/Champion

Defining Strength: Full of hope/Optimistic

Other Strengths: Friendly, courageous

Greatest Weakness: Rash

Other Weaknesses: Gullible, neither book smart nor street smart

Name: Gwyneth “Elwyn” Dupont
Sex: Trans male
Origin: Orlais

Appearance: Elwyn is has a slim built and stands at 5’4”. His straight black hair is cut short to his chin while his brown eyes look at the world with scrutiny, his face usually in a frown. His pale figure compliments the blue robe with intricate white designs that decorate it. Along with that, he wears tanned slippers and bindings on his chest. He carries a staff to augment his magic.

Biography: Elwyn, named Gwyneth by his birth parents, was the next in line for the Dupont fortune. At the time, he thought it was strange that he wanted to do more boy things and he had voiced his concern for it, only to be shutdown with horror. Eventually he stopped asking and just accepted it, waiting to become an adult in order to take her family’s fortune.
Things weren’t as simple as that and he was discovered that he could use magic at the age of seven. Stripped of the chance to obtain a fortune when his parents died, he took to his studies with reluctance. About a year later, the Circle of Magi brought in an elf boy named Zevhon. He had shown promise concerning his ability to manipulate magic, earning Elwyn’s jealousy. However, as time passed and they got to know one another, they became close friends due to Zevhon’s friendly personality. The trainees under the Circle of Magi called him Elwyn due to his friendship and he took to the name with pride.
Many years later, the two became eligible for the Harrowing. Elwyn passed his Harrowing, but unfortunately Zevhon failed his and became an emotionless husk as a result. Elwyn fell into despair and began to view his life with the Circle of Magi as a prison. Eventually he couldn’t take it anymore and fled, becoming a thief as he couldn’t go back to his family, for now he was a disgraced noble.
After some time, he began to hear things about the blight and that the Grey Wardens weren’t showing up to combat it. He also heard that there would be others searching for them. Miserable due to his life as a thief and wanting to know more about the Grey Wardens, he set out in search of like minded individuals when it came to the Grey Wardens.

Class and Specialization: Mage/Battlemage

Defining Strength: Responsible for any and all actions

Other Strengths: Observant, helpful

Greatest Weakness: Judgmental on those who can’t keep up

Other Weaknesses: Frivolous, jealous type

Last edited:
Not sure if they'll be accepted due to their ages but here's my characters for the rp.

Name: Allan Claires
Origin: Antiva

Appearance: Allan is a scrawny little fellow that stands at 5’2”. He has wavy mousy brown hair and freckles near his cheeks, his brown eyes gazing at the world in wonder as he travels. When he smiles with his crooked teeth, dimples appear on his face. His clothing consists of a chain mail and a brown tunic underneath. He also has on brown light pants and leather boots that are soft enough to slip on with ease. He carries with him a longsword and an oaken shield that he surprisingly maintains rather well.

Biography: Allan was born into a merchant family, not as well known as the richest of them, but they earned enough to live in luxury. From the moment he could walk and talk, he was taught his family’s trade, expecting him to help run their business.

Truthfully, he wanted nothing to do with his family’s trade. Rather, he wanted to become a knight when he was older, the stories fed to him when he was younger about noble knights taking root deep within him. He begged his parents to hire someone to train him. After enough pestering, they finally gave in and hired a teacher for the sword arts.

He didn’t expect it to be hard work. Nothing seemed to please his teacher, no matter how hard he trained and how much he remembered. It made him indignant, why bother being his teacher if he wasn’t ever pleased with his progress? He didn’t know what to do at that point and both sides exasperatedly continued with his training regime.

News of a traveling party looking for the Grey Wardens piqued his interest. What better way to prove his worth by going on a dangerous adventure? Taking a longsword and an oaken shield with him, he snuck off into the night to find the traveling party.

Class and Specialization: Warrior/Champion

Defining Strength: Full of hope/Optimistic

Other Strengths: Friendly, courageous

Greatest Weakness: Inexperienced

Other Weaknesses: Naïve, neither book smart nor street smart

Name: Gwyneth “Elwyn” Dupont
Sex: Trans male
Origin: Tevinter

Appearance: Elwyn is has a slim built and stands at 5’4”. His straight black hair is cut short to his chin while his brown eyes look at the world with scrutiny, his face usually in a frown. His pale figure compliments the blue robe with intricate white designs that decorate it. Along with that, he wears tanned slippers and bindings on his chest. He carries a staff to augment his magic.

Biography: Elwyn, named Gwyneth by his birth parents, was the next in line for the Dupont fortune. At the time, he thought it was strange that he wanted to do more boy things and he had voiced his concern for it, only to be shutdown with horror. Eventually he stopped asking and just accepted it, waiting to become an adult in order to take her family’s fortune.

Things weren’t as simple as that and he was discovered that he could use magic at the age of seven. Stripped of the chance to obtain a fortune when his parents died, he took to his studies with reluctance. About a year later, the Circle of Magi brought in an elf boy named Zevhon. He had shown promise concerning his ability to manipulate magic, earning Elwyn’s jealousy. However, as time passed and they got to know one another, they became close friends due to Zevhon’s friendly personality. The trainees under the Circle of Magi called him Elwyn due to his friendship and he took to the name with pride.

When Elwyn turned 14, he saw his friend undergo the Harrowing. He felt confident that his friend would make it out alright, but it was not to be. He failed his Harrowing and the connection between him and the Fade was severed, leaving him as an emotionless husk. Frightened by what happens if one fails the Harrowing, Elwyn fled from the Circle of Magi and eked out a living as a disgraced noble and thief.

He had heard tales of the Grey Wardens during his time on the streets, their promises to protect the weak stirring his heart somewhat. When he found out that there were others that were searching for the Grey Wardens, he sought out other like-minded individuals that would hopefully accept him for who he was.

Class and Specialization: Mage/Battlemage

Defining Strength: Responsible for any and all actions

Other Strengths: Observant, helpful

Greatest Weakness: Judgmental on those who can’t keep up

Other Weaknesses: Weak magic, jealous type
Hmm yeah, they are definitely way to young! Change the 1 in their ages to 2 and they'll make more sense, but that's kinda just the start. Despite it's fantasy elements, Dragon Age also has a fair share of medieval realism and a 13 year old in armor would never survive against just a single darkspawn or even say, a 21 year old in armor. Also as the expedition's mission is fairly important, the people who join need to be fairly competent and experienced from a combat perspective, which due to Allan's relative inexperience and Elwyn's weak magical power - make them illegible outright.

Note that Tevinter has an extremely different outlook on magic than the rest of the continent. They prize magic and do not mind the use of blood magic so long as it's done discreetly. Their Circle is more of a privilege to attend whereas everywhere else it's more akin to a prison. The Vints aren't known for making Tranquil.

It's a lot of information to take into account when making a character, I know. But unfortunately they really aren't on par. :c

Weird's Ur'gari is an exception to some the above rules however because both he and his age are tied to the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.